Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old February 14th, 2013 (09:05 PM).
entering snake habitat
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
Quote originally posted by QuilavaKing:
Incoming random post with no context whatsoever:

At the college I went to in Seattle, there were two GSA-type clubs, religious clubs weren't allowed at all, and they had a very strict no bullying policy. They made it very clear that any bullying whatsoever, even verbal, would get you kicked out of the school really fast, and had several discussions and even classes on the subject.

Where I'm going now, in Redneckville, Oregon, there is a Mormon club, and a Christian club with posters all over, its own page on the school website, and its name right at the top of the club list. There is a GSA but it's not listed on the official list of clubs, even though it's been an officially active club for 7 years. I've never heard anything about it, seen any posters or found anything on the website without a searching google. No mention of bullying or any anti-bullying policy has ever been made.

Not surprising of course, but just some observations about how different the two places are.
Redneckville, Oregon :p

That's pretty interesting. I guess how people view sexuality really depends on what region you live in (and how open-minded they are about it), and in this specific case, which State you're in. I attend a state college, but clubs aren't really publicized as much as I had anticipated they would be when I first started at the school. I guess that's partly due to the fact that I go to a college as opposed to a large university. Nonetheless, you do definitely see some club advertisements around the school sometimes. I haven't seen any for the LGBT club, though, but I know there is one at my school because I've been in the SGA office before and they have their own little cubicle and poster-advertisement thingy.

That's a nice observation, though, although that's kind of disheartening to know some clubs are favored over others just because of their mission/purpose. >.<

Quote originally posted by Buzz Buzz:
I’m not good with emotions, either. I’ve never been in a relationship before so it’s hard for me to give you advice on “love”. It is definitely one of those subjects that is very hard to explain or understand. I mean, although I’ve never been in a relationship, I know for a fact that I’m attracted to the same sex because, well, you just know. I hope I’m making some sense here, haha. I know I’m homosexual because I like males, and you like females, so I guess that labels us as gay? I guess what you’re confused about is whether or not you’re romantically attracted to women or are just attracted to them as friends. For me, I’m definitely not attracted to females because I’m just not. There is no physical or romantic attraction there, but I do admire females as friends. It’s not that easy to explain, haha. :\

I do think I’m capable of having a romantic relationship with a male just like you with a female. I don’t know what you mean that you have feelings “for a lot of people”, but I’m guessing you’re saying that you don’t have feelings for just one person at a time (in this case, female), but for multiple people. I could be totally wrong, though. :p

Don’t worry! You’re not rambling! You’re just expressing what you feel and that’s completely fine. We’re all human and it’s natural to feel what you do. We all go through it and one point or another. I tried to understand what you were saying to the utmost possible, haha, but I know it’s difficult for most people to express what they’re feeling. I have trouble with that, too. I haven’t met anyone with the same thoughts about love as me, either. I sometimes question if I ever will, but I have let life make that decision for me. It’s good to think about these things, but don’t over think them because you’re going to end up becoming paranoid. I guess the only advice I can offer you is to let life just pave its course.

I feel like my post has no significance, ahhh! I’m really trying to help but it’s such a difficult situation overall. I hope things get better, really. Like I said before, we’re all here if you need us. We’re all kinda also going through the same thing as you or have been in the same situation before, so don’t think you’re alone at all. We’re all one here.
Old February 17th, 2013 (09:24 AM).
The Fresh Prince of Kanto
Silver Tier

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
I thought about the terms asexual and aromantic for a while
For a moment I read that as 'aromatic', and I was unreasonably delighted. Because I iz thick.

Right! Hello! Um, so I haven't posted in here (apart from joining) because, well, I'm heterosexual. And therefore have about as much understanding of everyone's problems and feelings as a particularly slow-witted tree. Having said that... I'm going to try to contribute, because something about your post struck a chord with me. So apologies in advance if I screw up...

Quote:
(I also tend to think too much and generally make things more difficult than they are).
Welcome to the club, haha. No, wait, don't leave! We have donuts. Donuts shaped like thoughts. That's how meta we are.

Quote:
As I said before I don't know what love is, so how do I know when I'm in love with someone?
Well... this is completely personal experience, and for all I know you're asexual/aromantic/aromatic, but... maybe it'll help. So...

Quote:
How do I know when I'm in love with someone?
When people talk about falling in love, a lot of the time what they mean is - 'I can't stop thinking about this person.' I've had that. It honestly can keep you awake; you can't get them out of your head, but usually that's down largely to the fact that you don't really want to. And they'll also mean, 'I'm massively attracted to this person; I think they're gorgeous.' That's kinda the physical component there.

But then you've got the romantic stuff - and that, for me, has essentially consisted of either honestly believing the person is a wonderful, fantastic human being or knowing that they're only human like the rest of us but thinking they're special anyway. (The second is obviously a lot healthier than the first...)

Maybe I can use an example. I don't know if you've ever seen reality shows about relationship problems (there's a lot in the UK, which is admittedly no excuse) - where good people, decent people, will sit on a stage in front of an audience and expound at length on all the times their partner has messed them around/forgot their kid's birthday/cheated on them with their sister. And I always used to sit there wondering - 'how? Why? How can you still like that person after they've let you down so much?'

But the thing is...they do. Somehow. And as I get older, and meet more people, and fall harder and more often, I'm beginning to understand why. Maybe I'm beginning to understand love.

...None of which is particularly helpful, is it? I'm sorry. I guess what I'm trying to say is that, in answer to your question:
Quote:
How can I know I'm gay if I don't know who I love or even who I like?
Maybe you don't need to worry about 'love'. Love is a funny old thing, and it's different for different people, and sometimes it hits you like a train and sometimes it takes years to grow. Trying to define love is a massive undertaking that you might not need to do just to figure out who you are. (If knowing what love was was a prerequisite for labelling yourself gay, straight or anything else, we'd all be up the spout.)

So...

It really depends on how you define 'gay' (and 'straight', and 'asexual', come to that). Personally, I'm inclined to go with Gyardosamped:
Quote:
I know I’m homosexual because I like males, and you like females, so I guess that labels us as gay?
In other words, if you're attracted to your own gender - if you can and do imagine kissing/doing-other-non-PC-friendly-activities with them, congratulations! You're gay.

(Oh Lord, that sounds so jumped-up and presumptuous and condescending and gaaahh, doesn't it? I'm so sorry. I have no intention of telling you what you are - like I'd know, anyway. This is just my personal view. It means nothing. It means less than nothing. It's like a great big stew of gaseous nonsense. By all means ignore it. The only reason it's escaped my backspace key is that you wrote, 'I'd like to be able to say that I know I'm gay', and I wanted to help.)

The more I think about it, though... 'gay' is just a name for a difference - something that you don't share with some other people, right? In this case, it's the capacity to feel attracted to girls if you're a girl and guys if you're a guy. Speaking as a boring old straight, we just don't - can't, even. So you and I, we're different in that regard: I've only ever liked the opposite gender, and you haven't. And the name we give to that difference could be 'gay'. (It could alternatively be 'mulpichurichious'. Whatever floats your boat.) And I think you can know you're mulpichurichious without ever falling in love.

Dunno if that's helped any. But before I go...

Quote:
I'm capable of romantic (and sexual, but I'm not going to mention that) feelings, but believe it or not: for a lot of people.
So basically you fancy loads of different people. I have a feeling that's more common that you might think. Just speaking personally... if she's nice, funny and pretty, I probably fancy her. And quite a lot of people fit those attributes - simultaneously. That's fine! There's no rule that says you can Only Like One Person At a Time Or Else. That'd be a daft rule. And one I know for a fact none of my friends - male or female! - could possibly adhere to.

Quote:
(That makes me sound so ... weird)
Nah, it doesn't.

Quote:
But (and I'm seriously going to be mortified if I'm the only one who thinks like this) replace her with any of my friends (or other people, not everyone) and I wouldn't mind.
You're completely not the only one who thinks like that. What you've just described is having a casual interest in more than one person. Which is normal! And fortunate for our species, otherwise we'd all be obsessive crazies. It means if we get rebuffed at a party, no big deal, we can dance with someone else. And enjoy it. Millions of people do that every day.

Also...

Spoiler:
*MASSIVE HUGS*

Stop by my profile sometime, 'kay? You seem like a really interesting person. :D

Ramona Flowers
Old February 17th, 2013 (10:10 AM). Edited February 17th, 2013 by Alice.
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
Quote:
As I said before I don't know what love is, so how do I know when I'm in love with someone?
I've only felt love once... or the closest thing to love I've experienced at any rate... but in my case, when I first met the person, they really weren't particularly attractive, we had nothing in common, and had completely different beliefs and personalities... and yet after awhile, he became the hottest guy on the planet, and all of those other traits didn't matter to me at all anymore. It didn't really matter why, I just wanted him no matter what.

That's the best I can do to describe what it's like... in my experience anyway.
Old February 17th, 2013 (11:20 AM).
entering snake habitat
Crystal Tier

Love is so difficult to define because, well, we all have our own interpretation of what it is.

I define love as simply enjoying being around someone who brings joy to your life. That's it. Love is the amount of adoration you receive and show to someone you take pleasure in being around.

I've only felt love once... or the closest thing to love I've experienced at any rate... but in my case, when I first met the person, they really weren't particularly attractive, we had nothing in common, and had completely different beliefs and personalities... and yet after awhile, he became the hottest guy on the planet, and all of those other traits didn't matter to me at all anymore. I wanted him, no matter what.

That's the best I can do to describe what it's like... in my experience anyway.
I highly agree with what you think love "feels like" because I've felt the same way before, too. Many times I have felt attracted more towards a person because of their personality rather than their physical qualities. For me, the way they interact with me or others just really attracts me to them and I totally disregard their physical attributes entirely and views on anything, for that matter. Then, like you said, they become the most appealing and fascinating person on the planet. xD

Love is so difficult to define and understand, really. Every person, society, and culture has their own description of what it means to them and how they demonstrate it to others in real time.
Old February 17th, 2013 (12:20 PM).
What's all the Buzz about...

Thanks Barrels for making my day with your post. It's probably the hardest I've laughed today while reading your post. (For a slow-witted tree you're incredibly witty)

Quote originally posted by Barrels:
Welcome to the club, haha. No, wait, don't leave! We have donuts. Donuts shaped like thoughts. That's how meta we are.
I do hope those donuts come in shapes accordingly to my thoughts, 'cause I think big.

Maybe you don't need to worry about 'love'. Love is a funny old thing, and it's different for different people, and sometimes it hits you like a train and sometimes it takes years to grow. Trying to define love is a massive undertaking that you might not need to do just to figure out who you are. (If knowing what love was was a prerequisite for labelling yourself gay, straight or anything else, we'd all be up the spout.)
I've only felt love once... or the closest thing to love I've experienced at any rate... but in my case, when I first met the person, they really weren't particularly attractive, we had nothing in common, and had completely different beliefs and personalities... and yet after awhile, he became the hottest guy on the planet, and all of those other traits didn't matter to me at all anymore. I wanted him, no matter what.
Quote originally posted by Gyardosamped:
Love is so difficult to define because, well, we all have our own interpretation of what it is.

I define love as simply enjoying being around someone who brings joy to your life. That's it. Love is the amount of adoration you receive and show to someone you take pleasure in being around.
I've never thought this much about love since I posted here. I guess there's no wrong or right answer and everyone perceives love different (Like you said Gyardosamped). Like I said, I've thought about it a lot the past few days and I guess it has a lot to do with trust (for me). Nobody knows 'everything' about me (and that's understandable, because frankly I don't need to know everything about someone), but I don't really tell anyone much about myself. (God, I'm not making any sense again).

What I'm trying to say here is that you 'always' tell 'someone' (at least, I hope so). Like, if you've watched a movie you talk about it with a friend afterwards. Or you talk about music, or the latest book you've read. It doesn't even have to be with the same person every time, because you probably don't have the exact same interest as your friends. But I don't. Ever. If I see a movie I go like 'Hmm, okay that was good' and leave it at that. While my friends are like 'Hey, did you see that movie' and then I'm like 'nope' (or I just sit and nod at the appropriate times). I just never felt the need to share any of my likes or dislikes. (Well I share my love for pizzas with everyone, but that's just taking care of my basic needs. If you want me to come over you better have pizza). I also just recently 'came out' as a 'gamer' (I'm not a 'hardcore' gamer, but I do enjoy mah gamez) and my friends were like '... really, you play games?' (Well not that surprised, but only one of my friends is also a 'gamer' and I guess the 'others' just don't really know what they're talking about (seriously one of my friends didn't know who Voldemort was and has never even seen a disney movie, just where was she hiding?)

I'm quite easy to embarrass and I don't see myself being with someone I 'know' now. I might end up with someone I 'know' now once I get to know her better and don't feel so embarrassed by my interests (and that will probably take some time). Or I might get to know someone and instantly feel quite at ease. Like you said Barrels, it might happen in an instant or it might take a while (but I'm certain we'll all get there).
SR - Charizard - X
Random Pokémon - Heart Gold
Duo Species - Furret & Linoone

Completed
SR - Venusaur (Leaf Green, Soul Silver), Charizard (Red, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Black), Blastoise (Blue), Butterfree (Fire Red, Gold), Pidgeot (Fire Red), Raticate (Leaf Green), Arbok (Heart Gold), Raichu (X), Clefable (Fire Red), Dugtrio (Fire Red), Golduck (Fire Red, Ruby), Arcanine (Leaf Green), Poliwrath (Fire Red), Golem (Sapphire), Rhyhorn (Emerald), Mr. Mime (X), Vaporeon (Platinum), Omastar (Leaf Green), Zapdos (Red, Silver, Sapphire), Mew (Fire Red, Silver), Typhlosion (Leaf Green), Feraligatr (X), Houndoom (Leaf Green), Tyranitar (Leaf Green), Ho-Oh (X), Swampert (Fire Red, Sapphire), Exploud (Diamond), Torkoal (Fire Red), Absol (Leaf Green), Kyogre (Fire Red), Infernape (Black), Abomasnow (Black), Chesnaught (X)
MC - Red (Fire Red, Ruby, Platinum), Yellow (White 2)
MT - Bug (Fire Red), Grass (Platinum), Normal (X), Steel (Platinum)
Old February 17th, 2013 (01:33 PM).
Insert Purpose of Meaning
Gold Tier, CS

Nature: Rash
Alrighty! I have been lurking this thread for some time now, and have finally decided to join on in.
I'm not only joining in as an Ally, but of someone who is in the LGBTQ2P--long name indeed, community.
I am of course a female who is turning 19 in a few days and I am in fact Bisexual. I was the Vice President in my High School's Gay-Straight Alliance, so I know of various issues and conflicts of the latter.

FYI the first quote in my signature is my own philosophy in life and how I choose to live it.

~Roxas,
Kingdom Heart 358/2 Days\KH2

Partner N'Crime
BATTLE SERVER!
PC Family
Pair(s)
THE UNDERGROUND
Old February 17th, 2013 (02:02 PM).
entering snake habitat
Crystal Tier

Hey, T_A!

Welcome to the club! Is there anything we can call you by? Possibly a nickname?

I'm glad you finally decided to join us! :] That's pretty awesome that you are your school's GSA VP! Are there any interesting stories you could maybe possibly share with us? That'd be cool if you could.

Anyways, hope you'll stay active and post around here from time to time. Your input is really valued. & btw, the quote in your signature is so true. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Welcome again and *hugs*
Old February 17th, 2013 (03:43 PM).
Water Musician Fenrir

Nature: Quirky
Oh my...
For some reason, I feel really petty, when I compare some of my problems to you guys...
My confusion is seems just so... Small, but, maybe that's just me...

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Old February 18th, 2013 (05:25 AM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier

Nature: Adamant
Hey guys, stopping in to say hi so you don't all forget me!

Welcome to all the new people, and sorry I haven't been around more. I try my hardest but life sucks sometimes in its ability to pull one away from one's computer, kicking and screaming

Quote originally posted by Twihiki_Amias:
I am of course a female who is turning 19 in a few days and I am in fact Bisexual. I was the Vice President in my High School's Gay-Straight Alliance, so I know of various issues and conflicts of the latter.
I have to say, I love the idea of a bisexual person being the leader of a gay-straight alliance. Because... well, a bisexual person is kind of like a gay-straight alliance within themselves!

It's after midnight this is the kind of deep thought that comes to me lmao.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old February 18th, 2013 (07:47 AM).
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
I finished playing Mass Effect 3 recently, and I have to say, I love the open sexuality of the game, The gay pilot with a tragic backstory of his husband's death, the lesbian secretary, and the ability to have Shepard date both males or females, regardless of Shepard's gender. I just have to say, I love that about this game.

Are there any other games with such open sexuality?
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
Old February 18th, 2013 (12:35 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote:
And with approximately thirty words, Gary (Gyary?) answers the question I spent an entire post scratching my head over. Nice one, fella.

Quote:
Many times I have felt attracted more towards a person because of their personality rather than their physical qualities. For me, the way they interact with me or others just really attracts me to them and I totally disregard their physical attributes entirely and views on anything, for that matter. Then, like you said, they become the most appealing and fascinating person on the planet. xD
I was just going to moan about how shallow y'all were making me feel... until I realised that the last girl I fell for, I fell for so hard and so quickly because she was distilled fun to be around. That was it. I mean, she was pretty, but that wasn't why I liked her. Wow. I fink I just had an epiphany. A really nice one. I'm not as shallow as I thought I was.

Quote:
Thanks Barrels for making my day with your post. It's probably the hardest I've laughed today while reading your post.
Haha, fantastic! I aim to please. And making people laugh is one of the Most Awesomest Things Ever, second only to bacon and knitting.

Quote:
I've thought about it a lot the past few days and I guess it has a lot to do with trust (for me).
It's Amateur Psychology Night at the PokéCommunity Forums! No, but seriously, this is so interesting. This is your own unique experience of love. Please excuse my fascinated prodding.

'Kay, so, if I've understood correctly, to fall for someone, you have to really know them. More than that - they have to really know you. And, because you're naturally quite reserved - you've 'never felt the need to share any of [your] likes or dislikes' and you're 'quite easy to embarrass' - you've so far managed to avoid tripping headfirst into any romantic puddles. Heh, I kind of wish I was more like you... if I'd gotten to know some of my crushes really well *before* falling for them, I could've worked out how incompatible we actually were. Ah, well. You live and learn, or some other empty cliché that provides NO COMFORT and leaves me SOBBING OVER MY LAPTOP. *bzzzzt*

(Though I have to ask - what interests could you have that would be so embarrassing? Gaming = awesome, Pokémon = awesome, pizza = awesome, Voldemort = if not stereotypically awesome, really ***ing hot, especially as played by Joe Walker. I can't see why anyone would react with much other than 'OMG YOU LIKE PS3/POTTER/PIZZA/POKÉMON/THE LETTER P, APPARENTLY? ME TOO! SQUEEEEE!', and that could be the start of something beautiful. )

Also...

Spoiler:
Big enough for ya?

Quote:
Who the hell are you and JUST WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THIS THREAD

Ramona Flowers
Old February 18th, 2013 (09:39 PM).
Uh, I didn't do it
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by U_Flame:
I finished playing Mass Effect 3 recently, and I have to say, I love the open sexuality of the game, The gay pilot with a tragic backstory of his husband's death, the lesbian secretary, and the ability to have Shepard date both males or females, regardless of Shepard's gender. I just have to say, I love that about this game.

Dragon Age series, specifically Dragon Age 2.

Dragon Age: Origins has two bi characters (Zevran and Leliana), and all of the companions in 2 save for one are bi.
Old February 19th, 2013 (04:57 AM).
WITH SEAWATER

Nature: Relaxed
Hahaha I confessed to a crush to someone today... She was just joking with me at first but I felt kinda bold at that moment so I ended up going along with the joke...except I was being serious :o
this was followed by many OMMGGGGs on her part.

Unfortunately, she is dating someone (as I mentioned...some time ago), and even if she wasn't, I'm in a strange place right now as far as romance and relationships go, so it'd be bad of me to go out with her right now. I'd rather try and deal with my current romantic situation before dating anyone else, otherwise it'd probably be an emotional disaster.

But I did do it!
Old February 19th, 2013 (09:33 AM). Edited February 19th, 2013 by Gyardosamped.
entering snake habitat
Crystal Tier

And with approximately thirty words, Gary (Gyary?) answers the question I spent an entire post scratching my head over. Nice one, fella.

'Kay, so, if I've understood correctly, to fall for someone, you have to really know them. More than that - they have to really know you. And, because you're naturally quite reserved - you've 'never felt the need to share any of [your] likes or dislikes' and you're 'quite easy to embarrass' - you've so far managed to avoid tripping headfirst into any romantic puddles. Heh, I kind of wish I was more like you... if I'd gotten to know some of my crushes really well *before* falling for them, I could've worked out how incompatible we actually were. Ah, well. You live and learn, or some other empty cliché that provides NO COMFORT and leaves me SOBBING OVER MY LAPTOP. *bzzzzt*

(Though I have to ask - what interests could you have that would be so embarrassing? Gaming = awesome, Pokémon = awesome, pizza = awesome, Voldemort = if not stereotypically awesome, really ***ing hot, especially as played by Joe Walker. I can't see why anyone would react with much other than 'OMG YOU LIKE PS3/POTTER/PIZZA/POKÉMON/THE LETTER P, APPARENTLY? ME TOO! SQUEEEEE!', and that could be the start of something beautiful. )
Hahaha, it's Gyarados (I made this account in 2005 when I was like 10 and spelled 'Gyarados' wrong (>.> lol). You can call me Ant, though. :]

I'm kinda the same way as Miss Buzz. I'm very introverted and find it difficult to try and relate to others and visa versa. I'm not a hermit or anything, but I'd just rather keep to myself to save from possible embarrassment. I'd rather have others tell me what they like first, and if we like the same thing or things, then I'll start opening up. I know the feeling, Buzzy. :[ Luckily, we both don't like any type of weird things, haha.

& yes, I agree that everything BB likes is seriously awesome! I'd really be interested in someone who liked all of those things. :p That would definitely be the start of something beautiful, lmao. xD

Quote originally posted by PhantomX0990:
Dragon Age series, specifically Dragon Age 2.

Dragon Age: Origins has two bi characters (Zevran and Leliana), and all of the companions in 2 save for one are bi.
That's an interesting find, U_F & Phantom. After reading both your posts, something sparked in me to search for other games with LGBT characters, and my Google search led to this Wiki page. It's interesting to see that there are actually quite a large number of games with non-heterosexual characters or actions implemented within them.

Here are some popular ones that caught my eye:

Quote:
  • Super Mario Bros. 2 for the NES. Birdo is referred to as a male who believes he is female and would rather be called "Birdetta." The character was the first transgender for Nintendo.
  • The Final Fantasy games seem to have a large number of LGBT characters and features.
  • Fable's 2008 sequel, Fable II retains its ability for players to choose their player character's sexuality. The game also includes more lesbian, gay, and bisexual NPC townspeople to court and marry.
  • Abu'l Nuquod, one of the assassination targets in the historically-based game released in 2007, Assassin's Creed, is strongly implied to be gay. He believes the people hate him because he is "different", is shown caressing the cheek of one of his male guards during his angry tirade, and claims that he cannot serve the cause of a god who calls him an abomination.
  • In the 2009 game Dragon Age: Origins. the player may choose a male or female character from the start of the game. The main character has an opportunity to have sexual encounters with one party member of the same sex.
  • In the 2012 adventure game, My Ex-Boyfriend the Space Tyrant, the majority of characters, including Tycho Minogue, the main character controlled by the player, are gay. (Although not necessarily popular, the game is apparently entirely gay-themed).
There are so many listed, and it's quite refreshing to see. :D

Quote originally posted by Shining Raichu:

Welcome to all the new people, and sorry I haven't been around more. I try my hardest but life sucks sometimes in its ability to pull one away from one's computer, kicking and screaming
Come back soon! We all miss juuuuu. x)

Quote originally posted by voltianqueen:
Hahaha I confessed to a crush to someone today... She was just joking with me at first but I felt kinda bold at that moment so I ended up going along with the joke...except I was being serious :o
this was followed by many OMMGGGGs on her part.

Unfortunately, she is dating someone (as I mentioned...some time ago), and even if she wasn't, I'm in a strange place right now as far as romance and relationships go, so it'd be bad of me to go out with her right now. I'd rather try and deal with my current romantic situation before dating anyone else, otherwise it'd probably be an emotional disaster.

But I did do it!
Ahhh, congrats! :3 At least you got your feelings out. It sucks she was joking, but nevertheless, you said she was in a relationship so she probably wasn't thinking about being with another person for the moment (although maybe in the future she will be available, haha :p).

What's your current romantic situation if you don't mind sharing? *hugs*
Old February 19th, 2013 (11:59 AM).
WITH SEAWATER

Nature: Relaxed
We say stuff like that to each other frequently (come to my bed!, let's get married!, etc), just messing around but we've only known each other for a really short time. Still, she didn't seem to object to the idea of being with me, except for the fact we both have other people XD

My current situation... Well, it's a long story, but the short version is that we are not officially together, because he feels a bit confused about stuff and what I think he's getting at is he wants to explore a bit more about himself and sort out his feelings. Still in love, but I think from now on we're just gonna kinda go with whatever happens. We could end up together in the end, but...who knows! It's kind of hard... I'm a together-forever kind of person, so I don't really like this at all.
Old February 20th, 2013 (02:46 PM).
I live for the applause

Nature: Jolly
May I join? I currently identify as bisexual, but I am not totally sure of my orientation yet.
Old February 21st, 2013 (04:08 AM).
entering snake habitat
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by voltianqueen:
We say stuff like that to each other frequently (come to my bed!, let's get married!, etc), just messing around but we've only known each other for a really short time. Still, she didn't seem to object to the idea of being with me, except for the fact we both have other people XD

My current situation... Well, it's a long story, but the short version is that we are not officially together, because he feels a bit confused about stuff and what I think he's getting at is he wants to explore a bit more about himself and sort out his feelings. Still in love, but I think from now on we're just gonna kinda go with whatever happens. We could end up together in the end, but...who knows! It's kind of hard... I'm a together-forever kind of person, so I don't really like this at all.
I'm always joking around with my friends, too (in a way that if no one knew us, it'd be considered weird, haha), so I know what you mean. Ahh, well maybe she has hidden feelings for you (which aren't so hidden anymore)! x) You can only hope since you like her, no?

Hmm, I guess it would be better if you let him explore himself and what he feels because if there's no love in the relationship, then there's no relationship at all. Maybe you could also have a period of time (like a few weeks) where you two don't see each other or something or have limited communication to let him decide who he is and what he wants to do. I think I'm also a "together-forever" kind of person. I don't see myself jumping from relationship to relationship. I like being in a stable one. I was just brought up that way.

Good luck and all the best to you. <3

Quote originally posted by Isseubnida:
May I join? I currently identify as bisexual, but I am not totally sure of my orientation yet.
Hi, welcome! :] That's cool that you're not entirely sure. We're here to help or give you any advice if you need it. Don't be afraid to ask. x)
Old February 21st, 2013 (01:29 PM).
Water Musician Fenrir

Quote originally posted by Isseubnida:
Ugh, I know how you feel...

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Old February 23rd, 2013 (12:48 PM).
-

Ummm.. Can I join too? I'm 16 but I've come to terms with the fact that I'm gay and too much of a Cloyster to tell anyone but you guys haha... :D
Old February 23rd, 2013 (01:32 PM).
entering snake habitat
Crystal Tier

Welcome!

We're pretty much on the same page, Cyru, although I don't consider myself to be "weak" per say because I haven't come out yet. I just don't think I'm prepared to deal with all the unfavorable repercussions that come with revealing one's sexuality. You know, all the questions and criticisms. It's tough, man, but we'll all get there one day if we decide to take that route. Needless to say, many have been there and done that already, so it's not like we can't, either. It's just a matter of time.

Anyways, I'm just blabbering, haha. Welcome again. :]
Old February 23rd, 2013 (04:28 PM).
What's all the Buzz about...

Hi to all the newbies (Shh, I'm not one of them anymore) and the oldies too

Quote:
Ummm.. Can I join too? I'm 16 but I've come to terms with the fact that I'm gay and too much of a Cloyster to tell anyone but you guys haha...
Like Gyardo said. A lot of people still haven't come out (yet) and a lot of them already have. I haven't told anyone either (yet) except for these people, but I'm sure I'll get there eventually, it's different for everyone.

Quote:
Well, I like to think every game I play has at least one gay character as I'm the one playing.

Quote:
Abu'l Nuquod, one of the assassination targets in the historically-based game released in 2007, Assassin's Creed, is strongly implied to be gay. He believes the people hate him because he is "different", is shown caressing the cheek of one of his male guards during his angry tirade, and claims that he cannot serve the cause of a god who calls him an abomination.
What! I played this game for over 20 hours and watched all the cutscenes (and analyzed the entire game, I like history so sue me) and I never noticed this! ... Well, ... you learn something new every day.

Quote:
They're not necesserily embarrasing. I just think people won't like them or look at me differently. Certainly if I go like "I'm a gamer" and they're like 'seriously, we've known you for about half your life and you didn't bother to tell us?". Some people really don't need/shouldn't have to know, but other people (like my friends) kinda matter and I feel that if I told them stuff (that I'm not embarrased about anymore, like gaming and Harry Potter) now, then it's like too little, too late.
And I'm naturally quite reserved and don't really have many friends, so I'm not quick with sharing things about myself (though I seem to be doing that here quite a lot).
I'm glad you think I'm awesome though, and thanks for the donut even though it gave me a massive stomach ache (I'll never try to eat my laptop again)

Quote:
Quote:
I'm always joking around with my friends, too (in a way that if no one knew us, it'd be considered weird, haha), so I know what you mean. Ahh, well maybe she has hidden feelings for you (which aren't so hidden anymore)! x) You can only hope since you like her, no?
It's nice to know you can all talk about it so openly. Though I guess it gets kinda hard/awkward when you're serious and they keep thinking you're joking or 'not getting it'. It made me think about the time we had to write a conversation between two people in French class. They had to talk to each other about their crush (obviously fictional) and I kept saying 'she'. I actually didn't mean to and I just didn't notice I was doing so 'till my friend (who I was supposed to be writing with) asked me if I was gay (she was joking) and I just laughed and said "no, ... no, why would you think that." Lol, I missed the perfect coming out moment.
SR - Charizard - X
Random Pokémon - Heart Gold
Duo Species - Furret & Linoone

Completed
SR - Venusaur (Leaf Green, Soul Silver), Charizard (Red, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Black), Blastoise (Blue), Butterfree (Fire Red, Gold), Pidgeot (Fire Red), Raticate (Leaf Green), Arbok (Heart Gold), Raichu (X), Clefable (Fire Red), Dugtrio (Fire Red), Golduck (Fire Red, Ruby), Arcanine (Leaf Green), Poliwrath (Fire Red), Golem (Sapphire), Rhyhorn (Emerald), Mr. Mime (X), Vaporeon (Platinum), Omastar (Leaf Green), Zapdos (Red, Silver, Sapphire), Mew (Fire Red, Silver), Typhlosion (Leaf Green), Feraligatr (X), Houndoom (Leaf Green), Tyranitar (Leaf Green), Ho-Oh (X), Swampert (Fire Red, Sapphire), Exploud (Diamond), Torkoal (Fire Red), Absol (Leaf Green), Kyogre (Fire Red), Infernape (Black), Abomasnow (Black), Chesnaught (X)
MC - Red (Fire Red, Ruby, Platinum), Yellow (White 2)
MT - Bug (Fire Red), Grass (Platinum), Normal (X), Steel (Platinum)
Old February 24th, 2013 (11:03 AM). Edited February 24th, 2013 by EGKangaroo.
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
Skyrim shoots to mind. I mean, what is more heartwarming than entering a gay relationship between a khajiit and an argonian? Or an Elf and a Nord. Also in the Daggerfall version of the in-game book the real Barenziah there is the pretty NSFW encounter between a khajiit (that's a cat dude) and a dark elf queen that was so pornographic that they had to censor it in the next Elder Scrolls installment. It was...descriptive.
Old February 25th, 2013 (05:45 AM).
Feline and Ghost Trainer

Nature: Mild
I would love to join this group, can I?
Black 2:3611 9839 2264
White:4986 3837 0702

Pokemon Y: 4468-1077-7858

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiEqVbFx_xFG-Y0tdLqfx_pjYld6HA2QZ
Old February 25th, 2013 (11:54 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote:
Some people really don't need/shouldn't have to know, but other people (like my friends) kinda matter and I feel that if I told them stuff (that I'm not embarrased about anymore, like gaming and Harry Potter) now, then it's like too little, too late.
I do understand what you're saying, yeah. Still. You're seventeen! You've got years and years more socialising to do. You've got loads more friends to make in addition to your current crowd - awesome new people, brilliant people, who you just haven't met yet. And a lot of them'll be friends who'll like most or all of the stuff you like, who won't look at you differently at all, except to grin and wink and go, 'omg, you like Assassin's Creed too? S'awesome!'

Also, yeah, laptop eating is probably something you'd only try the once. (Though I hear it's a team sport in Scandinavia. Aaand on that note...)

Quote:
in b4 andy
We welcome everyone, so we do! Welcome aboard the H.M.S. L.G.B.T.S., sir! :D

Ramona Flowers
Old February 25th, 2013 (03:26 PM).
entering snake habitat
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Buzz Buzz:
Like Gyardo said. A lot of people still haven't come out (yet) and a lot of them already have. I haven't told anyone either (yet) except for these people, but I'm sure I'll get there eventually, it's different for everyone.
Yeah, there's really no need to rush things. There are just some things in life that we need to just allow to occur naturally on their own. Coming out is tough enough, and it's even more difficult to do when you force it out of yourself.

Quote:
It's nice to know you can all talk about it so openly. Though I guess it gets kinda hard/awkward when you're serious and they keep thinking you're joking or 'not getting it'. It made me think about the time we had to write a conversation between two people in French class. They had to talk to each other about their crush (obviously fictional) and I kept saying 'she'. I actually didn't mean to and I just didn't notice I was doing so 'till my friend (who I was supposed to be writing with) asked me if I was gay (she was joking) and I just laughed and said "no, ... no, why would you think that." Lol, I missed the perfect coming out moment.
Well, most of the people I joke around with like that are straight for the most part, so I don't think they'd take it any other way anyways. Regardless, most of the time when I joke around like that I don't really mean it. It's funny because most homosexual guys I've spoken to are very hesitant to "joke" around like that with other gay guys because I guess they'd think the other person would take it the wrong way or with the wrong connotation, but most straight guys are willing to openly joke about those things with each other. I guess because they know neither is being serious. I've gotten away with it because I haven't come out, so yeah. :p

Oh my, haha. I definitely wouldn't be able to come out in class or school. It'd have to be in a private place where it's only me and the other person/people. I would have certainly said no, too.

Quote originally posted by Midnight-Kitteh:
Sure! Welcome to the HMS LGBT as my compadre said down there. Hahaha.

We welcome everyone, so we do! Welcome aboard the H.M.S. L.G.B.T.S., sir! :D
HMS LGBT, you say!?!?

Our new welcoming photo.

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)