The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 17th, 2013, 07:25 AM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
What did you name yourself and what did you name your rival?
Old February 17th, 2013, 07:16 PM
AZTRX
$$$ Trap God $$$

Nature: Calm
I've always named myself Klaus; it makes the story seem like it's about a little German boy doing ignorant things with his hoodrat pokemon.

| Golds x Traps x Extendos |
Old February 17th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Caelus
Gone

I either named myself Kevin after my real name or Red after his official name.

My rival's name used to be Gary until I found out his actual name was Blue, so I ended up naming him Blue from that point on.
Old February 17th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

For as long as I can remember, I've always given the player character my own name (Brendan), and given my rival their official name (in this case, Blue). I almost named my rival after my cousin, since he was playing through FireRed at the same time I was, but their teams/battle style were so different that I just left it alone.
Old February 18th, 2013, 04:11 AM
thors_breakfast
Unhatched Egg

I named myself Alex, after my own name, and my rival was Gary, after Ash's rival in the TV series.
A human sacrificed himself...to save the Pokemon. I pitted them against each other. But not until I saw them put aside their differences did I see the true power they all share deep inside. I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
Old February 18th, 2013, 04:16 AM
KriegStein
Nuclear Reactor

Nature: Lonely
It depends. Mostly myself Oswald and my rival either their real name or Tristan or Siegfried. I have no idea why... :'D

Old February 18th, 2013, 05:09 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I think I named my rival Blue( so oringal) as That was his real game in game. I think I named myself Kerri as that is my name IRL.
Old February 18th, 2013, 05:42 AM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

I alway named myself LilJz and for my rival, I name them whichever comes to mind first. Mostly their original names tho.
Old February 18th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Joe2002
Unhatched Egg

Would name myself Joe since that's my name, and would name my rival Tim, a good friend of mine, we would play pokemon together when we were younger. Never really battled with him just traded or played at the same time, but when we did battle we would usually do something like all pokemon under level 20, or only bug types, etc.
Old March 5th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Isseubnida
I live for the applause

Nature: Jolly
I'm called 'Issnida' since I can't fit my wretched name into the name entry part.

As I said in another thread, I have no creativity whatsoever, and Blue is called just that, Blue.

Have you ever seen a chicken strip?
Old March 5th, 2013, 03:23 PM
pokem0nprincess

Nature: Quirky
I always call myself Anna, after my real name, and then I come up with some stupid name for my rival. Although, in FireRed, my name is Derp and my rival is Herp.
Old March 5th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid
Oh Lord I haven't played FRLG in forever. I remember I named myself Jes in FR and my rival is umm...I wanna say Nubcake? And I'm James in LG I think...no clue about my rival, I'm afraid.
Old March 14th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Da_Man32
Togepi

I named myself "McFly" and my rival "Biff". :-D
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here