The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Technology & Internet

Notices

Technology & Internet The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Which internet browser are you using now?
Internet Explorer 2 3.03%
Firefox 20 30.30%
Safari 1 1.52%
Google Chrome 43 65.15%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 15th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Hikamaru
I won't look back
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
I use Google Chrome, with Google as my search engine.

Yeah, I seem to have a Google thing going on with me. Never fails for me, and it's easier for me to post images and links on PC with.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Old February 15th, 2013, 11:44 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
Up until a few months ago, I was going with the Google/Chrome combo, too. Around November, though, I found that Firefox seemed to run a lot faster for me than Chrome did, even after I uninstalled it and re-downloaded it. Still use Google as my regular search engine, but on the odd occasion I'll use Bing, since MSN is my homepage.
Old February 16th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Caelus
Gone

I'm currently using Google Chrome as my web browser. It's got a slick design and Firefox was messing up on me so I ended up switching to Chrome and I haven't looked back since.

For search engine I use Google. I haven't had any luck using other search engines; they're just awful.
Old February 16th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Nathan
I am switching use with IE9 and Firefox. I am mainly a Google researcher

Old February 17th, 2013, 12:39 AM
Schnider
→ Beautiful ☆

Nature: Naughty
This might sound a little weird but Chrome's slow as hell on my PC. So I use Firefox. Haven't had many problems with it so far and it works pretty decently as far as speed is concerned. So yeah. As for search engine, I use what most usually go with - Google.
Hi people, Schinder here. I'm a friendly user who likes to talk to people. I'm into graphics so you'll probably see me running around with various themes that'll be changed on a frequent basis. As you can probably guess from my theme, I really, really love One Piece. And Boa Hancock is a really nice character from the series so I thought I'd make a theme on her. So yes, my current theme is based on One Piece world's best looking woman 'Boa Hancock'. She's a character who is proud of her exquisite beauty and doesn't really care what others think. Once she has decided she'd do something, she's gonna do it. She doesn't take no for an answer. Nothing can stop her. Arrogance is a signature feature of her personality. But yes, what makes her awesome is that she's a strong warrior who kicks serious ass.
Old February 17th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Archenoth
The arch foe

Nature: Lonely
I'm an Opera guy... Yay limited choices!

I usually use Google for my general queries, but other search engines for more specialized tasks.
Old February 17th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

Google Chrome and Google. I love Google. So much.
I dislike Yahoo and Safari and everything else not google so I don't use them.
Old February 18th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Inferna
hello stranger, i'm a disaster

I use chrome and google. First thing i did when my Granda got his new laptop was to dowload chrome and delete IE, I just said it was faster :L
I don't like Bing or Yahoo as search engines. Firefox never worked on my laptop for me so I stuck to Chrome after I switched from IE.
Old February 26th, 2013, 11:16 PM
theSyko501

I used Chrome for the longist time but then it kept blue screening my pc so i had to switch to fire fox.

i would prefer chrome just for the lower cpu usage

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old February 27th, 2013, 12:35 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
I use...

Internet Explorer 10 on my laptop. Funny how I keep going back to it even when I use something else for a while. It's like... I know it very well, and I know my way around almost everything with it. It's been the same since version 9. I already know its quirks (and there ain't much), and I do appreciate that the browser will run well, even on systems with very weak CPUs (due to its reliance on the GPU), under almost every circumstance.

As for the search engine, I'm very used to using Bing, after a long time of using Google. I think I'm OK with that.
Old February 27th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Autumn Reverie
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

Nature: Relaxed
I use Google Chrome for my preferred browser and Google as my only search engine. Both have been very reliable to me. I do use Mozilla Firefox occasionally though, but I find it much slower compared to Chrome.

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old February 27th, 2013, 07:43 PM
DraconianWing
Ω We fly Sky-High Ω

I have and regularly use all three (plz don't ask why) and my all-time search has always been Google.

"I go fast. Not because I want to, but because no one else will..." -Mega Salamence by Dragonith
Old February 27th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Mr. X
Oops
Community Supporter

No Opera on the list?

Anyway, My main browser in the past was Avant but I've since switched to Opera.

Main search engine is Google.

Come play Runescape
Old February 28th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I dropped Internet Explorer back in 2008 and switched over to FireFox. I tried Chrome for about a week or two, and found myself missing FireFox after. It's a shame, because I really do love the sleek look on Chrome, but I much prefer using FireFox.

Google over any other search engine though. Microsoft should stop trying to make Bing happen. It's not going to happen.
Old February 28th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

I use Chrome & Google! Partly because I'm very happy with both with very few complaints (other than Chrome's tendency to crash at awkward times...) but I mostly only use them because I have no idea what the alternatives are haha. They work well for me though so I'm happy!
Old February 28th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Sylphiel

Firefox and Google here. Ever since switching to it from IE stopped my old, old desktop (one that died back in 2003 or so) from blue-screening every day, I haven't been able to switch to any other browser. Not even Chrome, it just doesn't feel right. :( FF all the way here, I'm just too used to it by this point.

As for using Google, uhh. I guess it's just force of habit really (and it's still one of the best search engines I know of so far, so that's a plus).
Old February 28th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Krazzikk

I just cut the crap and use google, it's the best out there and it's nice and simple.

I also use firefox as I like the addons available for it, and it's very user-friendly. Although Google Chrome is faster, I didn't see a significant difference. Firefox is also nice for PC because it recognizes BB codes.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 28th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Aeon
Now face the avalanche

Currently using Pale Moon, which is a browser based off of Firefox. Really haven't used anything else since stumbling upon it.
Old March 1st, 2013, 04:51 AM
illuyankas
Unhatched Egg

I use Chromium, the OpenSource project from which Chrome is built, since I don't need any of the additional additions from Chrome I don't really see any need for me to use it. Also use Firefox occasionally.
Old March 1st, 2013, 07:24 AM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
I always use Chrome. It's very good speed wise and I think it's a lot better than Mozzila. For search engine, I use Google cause that's the best search engine

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old March 1st, 2013, 07:50 AM
Jokedon
Unhatched Egg

Safari or Chrome, I dont like Firefix, its just ugly on mac And google is the only search engine worth using to be honest. Still clean and fast to use. Just worried that theyre getting too much power :/
Old March 4th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Firefox and Google. I've tried Chrome and Safari and Opera and none of them quite match up to my love for Firefox. It's not the fastest, admittedly, but it has the best interface for the stuff I do online. There's been no competition to Google ever since I started using it. Bing... ha! Oh, Bing.
Old March 16th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Catalyst.
Nothing of significance

On my desktop, which is running Mountain lion, I use Safari 6. The odd time i boot into windows i use Firefox, and on my netbook (which is forever stuck on Snow Leopard) I use a self-compiled chromium. I don't like Chrome because i feel it tracks you. D:
Old March 16th, 2013, 12:20 PM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
google chrome and google i used to use Firefox but it just is so slow anymore...
Old March 16th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I always use Google Chrome and i can't complain at all :D

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here