The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 17th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Name: SNOR(es)LAX
Q: Would you want to live in Aincrad?
A: Yes, if there isn't a death game in Aincrad, I would love to live there, otherwise no.

This was my thoughts about SAO episodes 14 and 15 where I posted on the Sword Art Online thread over at the Japanese Entertainment sub-forum but I thought I would post it here.

My feelings about episode 14 and 15.
Spoiler:
Every episode was really very nice and though I would love to have episode 14 to be a bit longer (especially the fight against that skeleton monster and Healthcliff) I think that that episode was a little weird 'cos Asuna went against the paralysed effect to save Kirito despite it being told as unrecoverable without a potion/orwhateveryoucallthat. I guess its the "power of love" as many shows have and it applies into the gameworld as well.

episode 15
Spoiler:
I really love such episodes in an anime where they focus on the character relationship building and brings the story closer to characters instead of a lot of fighting. I feel that that guy who is going to get engaged to Asuna's a big jerk. All those smelling of her hand and hair is really pissing me off as it is pissing off Kirito. Nevertheless, really looking forward to ALO!

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old October 20th, 2012, 02:20 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Episode 16:
Spoiler:

It's finally ALO! yay!
What?! Asuna is in a Birdcage... xD Well at least Yui is back. At least Kirito can now fly but, he can do some work on his landings... xD
Kirito said that he was not anymore a beater but a cheater. Cause he has his stats&skills from SAO now he just looks to awesome... xD Can't wait for the next episode.
Old October 20th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Seki
You idiot!

Episode 16
Spoiler:
ALO!!! Not used to the fairy ears though... They look weird to me, but I guess, I will get used to it.
I LOL'd at the part where he said, "I am no longer a beater, I am just a Cheater." He has practically high levels for every skill, just hope that its usable in ALO, otherwise it might be a waste of space. But after seeing that fight against those Red Colour people (whatever they are called), I guess its still usable, especially, Reactions and Strength, where he held the sword with his hands, 1 handed Sword Skills and that high agility, where he finished the guy in like a split second.
The flying battles where Sugu (or Leafa) fights in reminds me of Gundam. Cos they regulary aim for the the stomach, which is the Gundam's cockpit, for the kill.

Last edited by Seki; October 20th, 2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: adding in the spoilers.
Old October 20th, 2012, 04:36 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Guys the club thread isn't for episode discussion thats what the JE thread is for, the club thread is for discussion about the world that SAO is in. On that matter I propose a new topic.

How far would you go to protect someone that you meet in the video game, whether it be a person you fall in love with in the game or a really good friend you make in the game? Would you treat is as real life and do everything possible or would you just think its just a game?
Old October 20th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Hmm? I don't find much wrong with discussing the episode a bit We will have plenty of time to discuss topics when the anime ends yes hold back your tears wait too late ;__;

I condensed your topic so it fit in the CSS. I was just talking about this today with Olli and Tsuitc. xD;

How far would you go to protect someone that you met in a virtual world, whether it be a good friend or a love interest?
If I was in Kirito's position (i.e. awesomely good at SAO), then yes, I'd do my best to save my friend or crush. I would just find it natural to smash anyone who threatens those precious to me. If I was like, level 10 most of the time, then nope, plz don't hurt me. ):< Does that make sense?
Old October 21st, 2012, 02:25 PM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Oops, seems I've been a bit inactive D:

How far would you go to protect someone that you met in a virtual world, whether it be a good friend or a love interest?

Well when it comes to it all, virtual worlds would kinda be close to the real world in the sense that we can all see each other and talk to each other, and basically interact with each other in any way we would be able to in the real world, so whether I met the person in the virtual world wouldn't really matter, since it would really be the same kind of relationship as you would be able to have in the real world. Now, when it comes to how far I'd go to protect them, it depends on whether I'd be able to die or not. If it was the world in ALfheim, then I'd probably battle till I die for any of my friends, since the consequences for dying in that world are less significant than in Aincrad. Unless I had a really valuable item that I'd risk losing if I died, then hell nah, I'd sissy out and leave my friends to die B)

If it was a world like Aincrad, where I'd lose my life in the real world if I died in there too, then it gets bit more complicated. It's less likely that I'd risk my life for anyone anymore, since the cost is much higher here, and it would only really be something I'd do if they were very close friends of mine, however I would still do everything I could to help, without it coming to risking my life. At least I imagine I'd be so heroic, however I've only ever tried such things out with World of Warcraft, so I can't really say much :p
Old October 31st, 2012, 01:30 AM
FrostPheonix
Eternity.

Nature: Quiet
ep 17 is out I was surprised by the ending, hadn't expected it.

If I/they would die as they would in Aincrad, to great lengths. If not, almost not at all probably because I could just laugh it off, and it would really be just a game. Similar to what I do in LoL
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
For such a good-looking first post (and a kickass subject matter to boot), why is this club in the brink of one-month extinction?
Joining! Whee~

Username: Cid
Answer current topic:
It really depends on the situation. If it were an online game like ALO, then I'd treat it regardless of whether I met that person in a virtual world or not, because I really do cherish good friends that I make especially because it's pretty rare for me to even truly consider a person as a good friend. So in that situation, I'll protect them to the extent of my ability, especially if they can only rely on my protection. I guess I'm just like that, and I'd definitely feel that way when the situation rises.

However, something as disturbing as the SAO world might make me think otherwise. The stakes are higher, and when it considers life and death, there really isn't a gray area in between. You either live or die. And in that case, it would be very unlikely for me to risk my life for someone. I might say I don't care if I met them online or not, but I would still take into account how much I really know and care about that person.

Anyway, Episode 21! What did you guys think about it?

episode 21 spoilers
Spoiler:
I really don't know what to feel about the love triangle drama. But I do like Suguha a lot! And I loved Asuna back in Aincrad, and I'm glad that she hasn't lost her spunk with her recent jailbreak. The scene with Asuna and the slug scientists really creeped me out though. Can't wait to see what happens to her (or to Kirito's mad attempt to fly up to her detected location) in the next episode. Hopefully they'll no longer neglect her or Kirito's supposed sense of urgency to save her like they did in Episode 19.
Old November 27th, 2012, 01:18 PM
FrostPheonix
Eternity.

Nature: Quiet
Whoops, I just remembered :D. I think most people forgot about the club.....
Luckily we were saved from extinction by you though .

Ep 21!
Spoiler:
I personally found it disturbing. Omg, it was obvious what they were hinting at when the tentacle guys attacked... if you don't know, you're better off and don't bother figure it out. But, there were two other things that bothered me about them:

1. Why were they monsters? They're scientists, come on, why be a monster when you can be human? For the looks? Or because being a blob with tentacles is so convenient? And I don't think they're actually monsters and from Cardinal's processor, they must be smart enough to research and you'd need to be human for that. I also think that Yui is an exception; plus it is mentioned that ALO's cardinal version is older than SAO's and therefore not as good, but still pretty darn good.

2. Why were pain receptors on? Which idiot would leave the option for pain on if you didn't need to? It is default set to no pain, Klein didn't have any in ep 1, and he didn't even know about that feature. So convenient. But I suppose Asuna had to be able to do something.

And I feel sorry for the cousin/sister (im confused as to what she is: cousin, sister or family friend?) but seriously, its a bit messed up. I think. Poor girl though. I genuinely feel sorry for her, even if she is a cartoon character.

Spoiler:
Eps until now are unravelling... the quality of episodes sucks now really. SAO went downhill... how come he just was like 'Oh its ok sugu we can be friends again and when asuna comes back i might fall for you' he might as well have said that...

well, i might add some more later, but i seriously hope more people actually talk here. its such an awesome series.
EDIT: Why wont anyone say anything...

Last edited by FrostPheonix; December 11th, 2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old December 19th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Olli97: The death card is an important factor in deciding if we should protect others or not. I forgot to really think about it; I've moved on from Aincrad, haha! In that event... I would prefer over-leveling my character and better ensuring myself that I could handle a life or death situation / rescue mission. I wish that someone would overlevel their character and strive to protect me, too. I really did like how Asuna could protect Kirito as well as he could protect her. I'm not fond of damsels in distress, so hooray there. :P

Cid: Welcome to the club and thankies! I appreciate how you and Olli highly value relationships with online friends. ;D Maybe that all works out in the end, since the players had to assume from then on, the virtual game is their reality. The people they meet there are all they have, and they should cherish that for the time being. However, the anonymity still exists. Not everyone is going to behave like they would in real life. Some people can deceive or betray you because they can easily get away with it. People can also change as they experience the pressures of the online world, such as Grimlock did. Kinda scary, I can't even stand in the same room with some people! Yeahhh I'll just fly solo huh. B)

FrostPheonix: Oh yes, I laugh off my deaths in video games. They're mostly my fault anyways. D:

Episode 21, they were definitely hinting at it and nailed it on the head in episode 24. It made me uncomfortable indeed. :(
Spoiler:
Not sure why the scientists were blobs besides adding to the nightmare fuel.

You mean the pain scale? I found that to be expected since the goal was to completely mind control the players but that plan was terminated, lol.

Suguha is his cousin. When they were little, Kirito was referred to as the brother for sake of ease. Kirito's parents were in a terrible traffic accident.

I can't say that I've ever felt deeply sorry for Sugu... I understand that she terribly missed her brother, but something about Kirito neglecting her caused her to fall in love with someone online? Uhh... I wouldn't exactly fall in love with an online player as a means of coping. I wouldn't even go near the games if I was on the verge of losing my brother to them in the first place. I didn't really follow along with the love triangle drama since I wanted the show to focus on Kirito and Asuna. ;)

Episode 24, loved it. Hmm, I was expecting them to kiss when they reunited. I don't think the show is decreasing in quality. I think it's come to a solid end and I can't wait to see episode 25. It'll probably wrap it all up with Kirito spending time with Asuna (but when will he run into Lisbeth lol).

Here's a topic related to the belief of the end game prize being eternal flight:
How would you react if you reached the end of a game/quest and you did not receive the reward you anticipated?
Old December 20th, 2012, 12:00 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

I would like to join =) SAO is one of the great series of this year =)

How would you react if you reached the end of a game/quest and you did not receive the reward you anticipated?
If it were at the beginning I would probably be very furious and if it was game with normal GMs (not SAO-like xD), I would contact them and explain the situation.
But if I had Kirito's demi-god stats, I would probably not mind as I would already have every item I need.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old December 22nd, 2012, 02:56 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros

Of course I'll be very furious haha... xD And I will try to know what's wrong and why I didn't get the reward...

Anyways, it can't be right SAO is finished... :( Nooooooooooooo......

I hope they make GGO an anime. :3
Old December 22nd, 2012, 11:37 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajaros View Post
Anyways, it can't be right SAO is finished... Nooooooooooooo......

I hope they make GGO an anime. :3
I think Light Novel is good enough =D
And I think new SAO season will be soon =)

Old December 28th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Kirito-kun
~Pokemon Sword Online~

Username:Kirito-kun

Q:How far would you go to protect someone that you met in a virtual world, whether it be a good friend or a love interest?

A:i would protect him/her even if it would cost my life
Old December 28th, 2012, 12:43 AM
dcjboi
With Quiet Courage

Send a message via Skype™ to dcjboi
I'd love to join you guys. Definately a great series, and I want to try the Light Novels now.

Old December 28th, 2012, 01:16 AM
Seki
You idiot!

Q:How would you react if you reached the end of a game/quest and you did not receive the reward you anticipated?
A: Alt + F4, anyone would do that.

Am I the only one who feels that the ALO arc sucked?

Old December 29th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOR(es)LAX View Post
Am I the only one who feels that the ALO arc sucked?
No, you are not =)
Actually... it's you and the 98% of otaku population =D

Old January 4th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

SAO may be over, but there's still stuff to discuss, right? Right?!

I agree that ALfheim Online really sucked. It was different from SAO, they were no longer fighting for their life, which added a lot to how I felt about the situations they were in, very few interesting things actually happened in there, the worst romantic subplot ever, and there was a serious lack of Asuna. Those episodes were, in my honest opinion, not really worth it.

That depends on if the reward I anticipated was anything exciting at all. The thing about games are usually not what's waiting at the end, but what we experience on our way to the end. If I had loads of fun catching all 150 Pokemon, but instead of getting a super rare Pikablu I simply got a diploma saying congratulations, it wouldn't really matter to me since I had fun, if I played through a super tedious game just to get the reward at the end, and it was nothing like what I'd expected, then yes, I'd throw the game in the fireplace and never think of it again.
Old January 21st, 2013, 11:25 PM
Greenbeans
Guardian of Le Foret
Community Supporter

I'm no sure if i am correct on this but isnt there going to be another season because there was a lot more in the manga? Just something to think about. And i really liked ALF online but not nearly as much as i liked SAO. SAO was just so much better because there was actual risk involved, Dont get me wrong i still enjoyed watching the series but it didnt start getting really heated until very end. And tbh i really disliked kiritos avatar in ALF, his SAO avatar was much better.

3DS Name: Jericho 3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080 Old Username: Jerichob10
Old January 23rd, 2013, 09:06 PM
pokemanmdj
Random Passerby

Nature: Relaxed
Oh, may I have the honour of joining this? I really like SAO! :D

Username: pokemanmdj
Q: How far would you go to protect someone that you met in a virtual world, whether it be a good friend or a love interest?
A: Is it a matter of life and death? If it's just an online game, I'd "risk my life" to save a friend - on the edge of dying, if not getting killed.
But, if it's like SAO, and death is involved... I'd have to consider. I mean, It's really risky- with everything that's possible inside of a video game. I'd give it a try, but I might not exactly go on and get myself killed for the person. I mean, getting us both killed is not worth it. I'm sure that person wouldn't want us both to die, either.

On the subject of ALF, though it wasn't as risky - as you couldn't die in real life - it was on a time limit, kinda. The more time Kirito spent, the closer it would get to the day that creepy guy married Asuna. And if that happened- I think Kirito would go into a pretty deep depression.
And personally, I think another season is coming. There is much more in the manga (And I think it's still going ^^), and with the impressive sales of the Light Novels, it seems like a possibility!
Old February 17th, 2013, 03:37 PM
YamiNoBlade Twihiki Amias
~Be by my side for Eternity ~

Nature: Serious
I have been lurking in this thread for far too long now, but I shall now join this wonderful club!
Thank you so much Blade for creating this fantastic club
Now onto all the topics I've missed and the current:

Who is your favorite character?
My favourite would be Kirito, he and I are similar in ways and we do have roughly the same tastes when it comes to clothing attire and picking a character in a mmo. I of course also like Asuna, she's bad ass.

I'm wondering if you guys would want to live in Aincrad?
It would be a somewhat of a dream come true lol. I would live in Aincrad, even if it would mean living in a world where death could happen at any given moment.

I wouldn't really mind, but I would ponder about it for a while and just let it go eventually. I'm more into the experience and adventure aspect of a game, rather than getting rewarded with something, especially something that I'd have no use for whatsoever.

Depending on how they would make me feel, then I'd go ALL OUT to protect them, no matter what. They would be my cause of living and my death would be promised to them.

Gym Leader Cheren
Partner N'Crime
| Showdown! | PC Family | Pairs

Currently on Hiatus until further notice.

Last edited by YamiNoBlade Twihiki Amias; February 17th, 2013 at 03:39 PM. Reason: baka me lol.
Old February 18th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichob10 View Post
I'm no sure if i am correct on this but isnt there going to be another season because there was a lot more in the manga? Just something to think about. And i really liked ALF online but not nearly as much as i liked SAO. SAO was just so much better because there was actual risk involved, Dont get me wrong i still enjoyed watching the series but it didnt start getting really heated until very end. And tbh i really disliked kiritos avatar in ALF, his SAO avatar was much better.
Let's be exact here. Manga covers only Aincrad, so not even Sister Affection Online is covered by manga
The thing you meant is most likely Light Novel =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twihiki_Amias View Post
I of course also like Asuna, she's bad ass.
Especially with dat ass she has shown in episode 10 xD

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here