The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:41 PM
Deceit
Toxic.

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
Oh god, I remember my first shiny I found in Ruby. I was underneath Cycling Road, and heading to Mauville City because I needed to stock up on Poke Balls (I had 1 Great Ball). On the way back, I encountered a blue Electrike. At first I was like "What? Aren't Electrike green?" Then I realized it was a shiny pokemon, as my friend was telling me. I suddenly got so excited but it quickly died down after I remembered I only had 1 great ball. I took a deep breath, and told myself to calm down, I can catch it. I sent out my marshtomp, and just used water gun, to weaken it slowly. I then switched to my HM slave ZigZag, and used Tackle on it, which got a critical, and almost made Electrike faint. I then thought, this is the perfect time to catch it. So, I threw the great ball, and got a few rocks, and I knew it was mine. But at the last rock, you can guess what happened. BAM. Electrike escaped.

At this point, I was so angry, I felt like throwing my gameboy out the window, but I barely managed to stop myself. But after that, I've had better luck with other shinies, such as a shiny linoone I found in my Emerald. What better than a shiny HM slave?
Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:46 AM
pessimisticlyricist
Unhatched Egg

I patiently reset my game over a thousand of times waiting in front of kyogre and finally got one. It was one of the greatest feelings ever!!!
Old January 12th, 2013, 06:03 PM
cosmicdeoxys
Unhatched Egg

I had a shiny spearow in leaf green and a shiny makuhita in ruby. The advanced generation games are the only games where I have encountered legitimate shinys (other than red gyrados in G/S and the remakes and a shiny dratini in W2) My dream was always to have a shiny Charizard. Having a black Charizard would be so badass.
Old January 12th, 2013, 08:16 PM
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

....I have told the story of my first shiny(which was obtained in Ruby) on PokeCommunity so many times before! (Don't worry, I won't tell you my heart-pounding adrenaline-pumping story AGAIN. For those that don't know, read on for the core details.) It was a green Marill, right outside Fortree. In the end, I migrated it all the way to Pokemon White, before I left White in a rental van...Marvin the green Marill was never seen again.
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
I found a shiny Numel in Sapphire and evolved it to a Camerupt. Shiny Camerupt has such a great color scheme, but it just couldn't hold its own in battle so now it's chilling in its own box.
Old January 13th, 2013, 03:20 AM
Device-Sasuke
Unhatched Egg

One time on Ruby, I found a shiny Nincada that I accidentally ran away from(AAAHHH!). I was so annoyed!

Best Pokemon ever. Period.
Old January 13th, 2013, 03:51 AM
pokefan75
Professional Pokemon Master

Nature: Brave
In Pokemon Emerald i had 3 shinies and no lie no cheats, i walked around or restarted the game over and over for ages. I ended up in my game encountering a shiny poochyena in the first patch of grass no pokeball but the impressive ones are my shiny absol, flygon and rayquaza i love them so much
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Old January 13th, 2013, 05:31 AM
C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f

Nature: Naive
In Ruby, I had 3 shinies. First time I encountered was a green Golbat in Victory Road. Next, I found ANOTHER Green Golbat, which sucked a lot, but I caught both. (One male one female lololol) Then I encountered a shiny Spheal and I caught it too. I caught all mostly because I carry a lot of Pokéballs. Shiny Walrein was damn awesome too(Lucky I didn't pick Mudkip that time).
Old January 16th, 2013, 01:53 AM
Taeshan
Unhatched Egg

First and only shiny ever...Level 6 Makuhita on my like 20th run through of Sapphire... didn't use it much after that lol
Old January 16th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
I found the most shinies in my Sapphire than any other game! Whismur was my first shiny and she's now an Exploud. :3 Then I found a Wurmple who later evolved into Dustox (still remember calling my friend and freaking out about it the moment I encountered one haha). Uh... I also found a shiny Volbeat too, all thanks to accidentally running into the grass. Pretty sure there was more but that's all I remember.

pair | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:32 PM
FlameChocobo
Warrior of Hoenn

Nature: Lonely

On my Japanese version of Ruby.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 08:18 AM
Evey
Female Red

1.Vulpix at that Tower Place is Ruby. Was little, thought it was ugly, didn't catch it.
2.Secound one was Zubat, that cave near Dewford. Thought it was ugly, again little, fled.
3. Shroomrish, Petalsburg woods, ran away, didn't care.
4. Poochyena, near Oldale Town. Caught it. Restarted game some time later...
5.Eon, from Permanent Team. Traded from friend. Keeping this one finally
~Seriously I don't know how I came across all these shinies when I was little. There have probably been more I just don't remember it. I seem to be a shiny magnet, but I hate them. I think in Diamond I had a shiny leafeon and piplup. Pherhaps some games have a better chanse.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:23 AM
Einarsson
Failure Trainer

Makuhita right after second gym and a Tentacool with the Pacifidlog Town.

* Not that it is a shiny, but the chance of this happening is probably close: Caught Groudon with a normal Pokèball without even damaging him, after ~10 resets of me either running out of Pokèballs or accidentaly killing him with a critical hit or similar.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 01:25 PM
Caelus
Gone

I found a shiny whismur while playing Sapphire. It was in that one tunnel between Rustboro and Verdenturf and at the time I didn't know anything about shinies, so I caught it hoping it was going to be a stronger version of whismur.

Turns out it wasn't.
Old February 14th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Sonkitts

Only one in this Generation, Poochyena. Great...
Old February 15th, 2013, 03:49 PM
xrai222
Unhatched Egg

My Pokemon Ruby game has been quite generous with its shinies, and it was the first Pokemon game I had ever played. Although they are the most common Pokemon in the game, I caught a shiny Zubat, Zigzagoon and Tentacool (which I all trained and evolved). I also saw a shiny Wingull but had no Pokeballs >__<

I then lost all these shinies when I migrated them to Pearl and then started a new game, thinking I had traded them all over to Platinum :/ Ouch.

Last edited by xrai222; February 15th, 2013 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old February 18th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Joe2002
Unhatched Egg

For ruby, I've found 2 in the wild.

Zigzagoon and Poocheyna, I had used both of them as part of my team when I caught them.

First time ever playing Ruby, I had just gotten the running shoes from my mom and start running around in the grass to get up to level 10 by getting experience (I like to get my starter at level 10 in the beginning). Around the 4th or so encounter it was the Zigzagoon. At first I didn't notice since it's fairly similar, then I saw the sparkles. I don't go crazy when I find things like that, but I was smiling for a good 10 minutes haha. Anyway I got it to low yellow health and caught it with one ball.

The Poocheyna was similar, though I had started a new game. Again just got my shoes but I was actually looking for one for my team, and around the 5th encounter I found one and it was shiny. Again got it in yellow health and caught it with one ball.
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:25 AM
WishCookie
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

Nature: Jolly
I just chosed Torchic as my starter when I played Emerald for the first time and then when I was about to battle my first wild pokemon it was a shiny poochyena and sadly I didnt have any pokeballs either :/ I really liked the golden color

Diamond: 3782 4821 8857
HeartGold: 3740 9024 2026
Black: 3181 8256 6904
Black 2: 4599 8904 2318

Y: 1993 8202 9620

Last edited by WishCookie; February 18th, 2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old February 18th, 2013, 09:33 AM
GoldXD

My first shiny pokemon in emerald was a nincada.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 11:30 AM
Isseubnida
I live for the applause

Nature: Jolly
I remember having a shiny Whismur in Emerald.

Have you ever seen a chicken strip?
Old March 9th, 2013, 05:12 PM
OrangeTimeMachine
Orange Time Machine

The first legit shiney pokemon I have ever encountered in emerald was a graveller... And it used self destruct.
Old March 9th, 2013, 07:52 PM
CrowSvenson
DarkTrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeTimeMachine View Post
The first legit shiney pokemon I have ever encountered in emerald was a graveller... And it used self destruct.
Oh man... that happened to me in Sapphire, just 20 minutes ago!
Old March 10th, 2013, 03:13 AM
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
The first ever shiny I found was a Zigzagoon in Emerald, still remember that day, I freaked out.
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old March 10th, 2013, 03:52 AM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

My first shiny I ever encountered was a Spinda on Emerald. I wasn't really aware of shinies but a few days later, I realized that I encountered a green Spinda. Checking Serebii if it was right, and yeah..
I felt miserable.

But, a few months ago, I restarted Emerald and encountered a shiny Claydol at Sky Pillar. I was damn happy, cause I could finally capture a shiny in Gen.III (I think it was my first one).

ENOUGH WITH THE CHALLENGES OK?!?
No wait... There is this one challenge... Check out the Species Challenge for some fun!

Ground Safari with Phanpy, Nincada and ??? (Please add me so you can find out!)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here