Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 16th, 2013, 10:41 AM
SoraTheTruth

Nature: Naive

Advertise here
shiny geodude in emerald, then traded it for one of my friends many shiny charmander that he used the clone glitch to obtain
Old February 16th, 2013, 03:13 PM
twistedpuppy
Siriusly Twisted

Nature: Timid
Excluding shiny Gyarados from Lake of Rage, my first ever shiny was a wild Geodude I came across in Granite Cave next to Dewford Town. I think the first time I caught it, I didn't realize that it was shiny. I just thought it was weird looking. I was such a nub. -.-'
Old February 17th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Papii
Unhatched Egg

My first shiny I ever encounterd was a Shiny Electrike in my Pokemon Sapphire version. I found it on that route where you battle May on your way to Mauville City. I think I still have it today, and I remember that after I found it and caught it, the damn thing kept me going around the whole Hoenn region looking for other odd-colored Pokemon! Haha.
Old February 18th, 2013, 01:57 AM
Inferna
hello stranger, i'm a disaster

Nature: Quiet
Shiny Koffing way back in Gold. I remember I gave my granny a shot of my gameboy colour and she was in the Burnt Tower and it appeared. I got all excited and then stupidly pressed run!
First one I caught (barring red gara) was a Seaking in the Safari Zone in LG. First chained shiny was a Pichu in Plat.
|
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:47 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
A lvl 36 Machoke I found near Snowpoint City playing Diamond. It's now a Machamp (still 36)
What is this, some sort of basketball manga?
Old February 18th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Isseubnida
I live for the applause

Nature: Jolly
Shiny Staravia, before I restarted the game.
Old February 27th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Altair
Incognito

Nature: Brave
My first was an Electrike on Pokemon Emerald, lucky I caught it, I had no idea what a shiny was back then!
Old February 27th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Digital Eevee
Team Digi-Eon

Shiny Gyarados from Lake of Rage is the only Shiny I have ever encountered.
Not that I mind much, Not much of a fan of shiny Pokemon anyway.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/signaturepics/sigpic373521_3.gif
Old February 27th, 2013, 01:04 PM
stp
ShootThePuck

Nature: Sassy
Caterpie in FireRed.

I almost ran away, too. ;_;
This signature has been disabled.
spoiler tags are prohibited in signatures.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 27th, 2013, 01:27 PM
pokemanmdj
Random Passerby

A Tentacool in my Gold, while surfing near the Whirl Islands.
I had no idea why it was different coloured, but I caught it anyway.
All the cool kids had a signature :o
Old February 28th, 2013, 02:43 PM
LHT
Time Devourer

Pidgey in Leafgreen, and I caught it. :D
Old March 1st, 2013, 03:02 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid

That booger. Found him in Ruby and caught it cause I thought it was diseased and I wanted to make him feel better! The only wild encounter shiny I no longer have.

paired to crono
Old March 1st, 2013, 05:08 PM
Chespin13
Unhatched Egg

Shiny Eevee in Diamond, best day ever.
Old March 1st, 2013, 10:11 PM
James901
The CyndaquilofWar

Nature: Jolly
Excluding the Gyarados, the first shiny I found was an Espeon in the battle tower in FR... Couldn't catch it... But I guess that doesn't count cause it wasn't catchable, then next one was a Steelix in victory road in the Diamond I was borrowing from my friend but I ran out of ultra balls... Then there was a Graveler in my Platinum that used selfdestruct... But I managed to finally catch a shiny when replaying my Silver, it was a Hoothoot Then I caught a shiny Ponyta when replaying my White. 2/5 shinies were caught, what bad luck :/
3DS FC: 1306-6693-8574
Looking for people to battle, trade, or exchange safari's with.
Anyone can add me, I add everyone. Let me know if you add me so I can add you back.
Here's a link to my Trade Review Thread, be sure to post a comment if we trade.
Old March 1st, 2013, 11:31 PM
SchwarzRozen
Sugary Delight

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to SchwarzRozen
My first shiny was actually on the Emerald Randomizer Hack, I found a Shiny Blissey in Victory Road

My first legit game shiny was a Woobat in Black, right in the start too. Too bad it was adamant.
~|FC - 2409-6359-0843|~
Old March 3rd, 2013, 05:05 AM
Yazzo
Bad Egg

Nature: Brave
And I've never seen any
just what are the damn chances of finding one? I've been playing these games for years!
Old March 6th, 2013, 03:41 AM
Ermahgawd

I've never seen any shiny pokemon (excluding Red Gyrados) in any of the games either :-/ Although, I did catch a shiny Druddigon in Flora Sky, but I guess that doesn't count.
Old March 7th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Sari1292
Self Proclaimed Pokemon Ranger

Zubat in gold. I didn't know what shinies were back then so I was really confused but I caught it anyway. And then a pidgey in leafgreen which I lost cause I forgot about it and reset my game. And lastly, a tympole in black.
Fire type safari: slugma, magmar, fletchinder
FC: 0490-5161-5348
IGN: Ashley
Old March 7th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
Just encountered my first shiny today (yep officially today at 12:40 am) - in Black 2.

I just wanted to play the game for about 15 minutes before going to sleep, hoping on making my Pokemon stronger for the Elite 4, and first Pokemon to appear on Route 22 was my first shiny. Before I had never experience a shiny in any of my previous Pokemon games.

To my surprise, it was one of my favorite Pokemon in the world, and my favorite fighting type too.

Encountered: A level 39, female, Mienfoo. I gave her the nickname Maria, after my mom and grandma -
here's the proof from my Nintendo DS Lite:
Spoiler:

I was jumping up and down with joy for about half hour, my sleepy feeling went away.
No, I'm not going to user her in my current team. Instead I'm going to buy another copy of Black 2 or White 2 and transfer her over. I want to play all-mustelid Pokemon team.

The only thing that would make me even happier is if I encountered a shiny Patrat. I wish it comes true.
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenges - sorry for no updates, been reorganizing my room
Random Challenge - Badges: 6/8 - game: X - Location: Route 15
Random Challenge - Badges: 2/8 - game: Y - Location: Geosenge Town
50/50 Challenge - Badges 4/8 - Game Y - Location: Lumiose City

Last edited by Playful_Weasel; March 7th, 2013 at 01:29 PM. Reason: forgot spoiler tags, fixing spelling mistakes, & organize post
Old March 7th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Outnumbered
This is a Sailor's Prayer
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Outnumbered
My first shiny was... A shiny Gligar on my Gold version XD

I have no idea why but I was going down the path south of Blackthorn City and happened to run into it. I did actually know what a shiny was at the time, because of the Red Gara and I was flipping out because I was shocked to actually run into it. Since then, I don't think i've managed to run into another D:

As long as these struggles are aimless, we will all be standing still.
Trade Thread3DS FCPair
Old March 10th, 2013, 06:58 AM
B-L-A-Z-E
リズ

Nature: Impish
I'm sure it was a Beedrill in silver. I caught it during the bug-catching contest and despite the fact that it was a shiny Beedrill, I still lost the contest.

You wish it was this easy...
Old March 10th, 2013, 08:25 AM
LeftNut

Assuming that the red Gyarados doesn't count, mine was a ditto in Gold. It was awesome.
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Dark_Illusion
Psychic Trainer

Nature: Calm
Magnemite in Black 2. First time tbh getting a random shiny. I believe it was somewhere around the second town as well. Tell you what, nothing made me feel better about Pokemon gaming than finding a Shiny Magnemite shortly after starting my game. lol.................i no longer have it
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here