The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 17th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Sydian
you burn with us

Nature: Timid
Naruto: Like Blade, I thought there was just too many episodes and I couldn't keep up anymore. Additionally, I stopped at volume 13 of the manga. I probably stopped before Blade did, but yeah. Not only that, I just lost interest all together.

That's really all I can think of. I thought I had more, but apparently not. I don't tend to keep up with shows anyway, so yeah.

paired to peeta
Old February 17th, 2013, 05:58 PM
sonicshuffler42
Unhatched Egg

Naruto Shippuden: After they killed off Jiraya, I stopped giving a flying ****. How the hell can they just off one of the most epic perverted old guys in history and not expect to lose fans. Also after they killed Azuma and left Shikumaru fatherless and Kuranai Pregnant....just what the hell man...

I've stopped watching TV in general, except Nickalodian which ocasionally turns out a few diamonds in the rough (Legend of Koora and TMNT 2012 are prime examples) but everything else is crap these days. It's either been done to death or like most cases trying too hard to be original.

I almost quit watching Fairy Tail after the time skip episode, seven ****ing years, and they don't age the main characters at all. Seriously, you expect me to buy that....ugh....
Old February 18th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Isseubnida
I live for the applause

Nature: Jolly
I have quit watching the anime, actually. I am just trying to rewatch the original series, than i'm good.
Old February 19th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Otter Mii-kun
Molly, you're cute ;)

One show that I have pretty much quit watching in recent times is Wheel of Fortune. Although I was a fan of that show since I was little, in recent years, the quality of the gameplay had been going downhill, particularly in the Bonus Round. It's actually been a long time coming, considering the plethora of changes that have been taking place since June 1995, after longtime producer Nancy Jones (who had been with the show starting with the 1974 pilots as a production staffer and promoted to (supervising) producer in late April 1976, replacing John Rhinehart) was dismissed and replaced with current executive producer Harry Friedman, on grounds that the show had become "tired and dated" and that Sony Pictures wished to take it in a different direction (Friedman was contacted for the producing job by Sony Pictures Entertainment's then-CEO Alan Levine, who was also an old friend of Friedman's.)
Old February 19th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Bounce
Blue eyes :3

Nature: Docile
Pokemon because I just grew out of the anime I guess, and I really preferred the older episodes to the newer ones.
Old February 21st, 2013, 08:38 AM
Toutebelle
Banned

Nature: Sassy
I agree with whoever said Pokemon. It kind of got boring after a while. I haven't really watched it since Johto (other than a few clips).
Old February 21st, 2013, 04:10 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I typically prefer to finish what I start. So I'm not one to quit a show I'm watching abruptly. That being said, there are a number of shows that I started but ended up dropping after awhile. To name a few at the top of my head:

Family Guy + The Simpsons
What I once found humorous just grew old and tired. The Simpsons earlier seasons are still golden, I'd watch those if I caught them on television and I've got nothing better to watch, but I couldn't say the same for Family Guy. That's just one show I get upset about watching because of how dumb the characters can be sometimes.

American Idol + X Factor
No more reality singing competitions for me, or any reality shows in general with the exception of King of the Nerds. I've grown weary of reality television.

Glee + Smash
I decided I would quit watching Glee when Season 3 ended. However, with nothing better to do at the time, I got into watching Season 4 and sort of enjoyed it. However, recently when I got behind on some of my shows, I just didn't feel like catching up on Glee and dropped it from my Watch-List entirely.

I actually wanted to watch NBC's Smash, another musical television series a la Glee, but I had the premiere episode sitting on my DVR for awhile that I eventually decided I quit. Season 1 was kind of a mess and even though they've seen to do a lot of reconstructing with Season 2, I just don't care enough to continue.

Digimon + Yu-Gi-Oh
After Season 4 of Digimon, I just stopped. My interest in Digimon was fading and I never seemed to follow up on the anime after that. Same goes for Yu-Gi-Oh. After the Battle City arc, I just never watched it again.
Old February 24th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Magic Christmas Lights

Nature: Quirky
I used to watch anime when I was in middle school and for a bit in high school. I don't know, I guess I grew out of it. It's really hard for me to watch now.
Old February 24th, 2013, 03:37 PM
stp
ShootThePuck

Nature: Sassy
Family Guy: I used to really watch it, but now it's just plain stupid and doesn't give me any sort of laugh. I think I just grew out of stupid comedy, I like more satirical (if that's even a word...) and witty comedy more now.
Old February 24th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
True Blood. It just got reeeally bad after season 2/3 or so :/ Just lost all interest altogether.
Old February 25th, 2013, 06:08 PM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Nature: Quiet
Simpsons. I may watch it once and awhile (and I still watch the re-runs fairly frequently). But the new stuff? Pfff. Lost its lustre around Season 10
Old February 25th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Sheep
im actually a foot model

Nature: Timid
Naruto. Every character I loved kept getting killed and the plot kept being stretched to the point where it was hard for it to hold my interest. Sad to admit since I was such a hardcore fan before Sasori's death... after that I lost interest. I still skim through the manga sometimes but it's not something I can ever be dedicated to again, probably.

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3
Avatar by Lilith | Signature by Achromatic
Old February 26th, 2013, 04:23 AM
hughes

Nature: Quirky
I hope no one is a fan of this show, but my friends and I finally gave up watching Being Human, the Syfy version, not the BBC one. From the first episode we actually found it hilariously bad, but it just kept getting more painful each new season. And there are more characters that we hated than loved, so it just seemed like the right time to end.

Friend Safari:

My Trade Shop: Amestris Trade Shop & Breeding Services
My Pokemon Tumblr: Lumiose Cafe
Old March 5th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Jessie
Prepare for trouble!

Nature: Gentle
I completely agree with you...

Glee would be mine. Ugh. And it's not even the drama on the show. It's just plain awful all around now. Have you seen any of the new episodes? I decided to try to watch one of the newest season that's currently airing (3 or 4?) and it was horrendous. They should have just stopped after the original cast got split up because some graduated. Actually...they should have just left it at season 1.
Old April 5th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
With the amount of TV that I watch, it's inevitable that a large number of shows that have fallen on hard times will drop off my radar. Sometimes it's if there's a long gap between episodes and I have no desire to start watching again (The Vampire Diaries, Happy Endings), sometimes it's a positive decision to quit watching because of its massive drop in quality (The Office (US), How I Met Your Mother) and others because I just don't have time to keep up with them (can't think of any off the top of my head but there will undoubtedly have been some during my many years of life). So, yeah. Very few shows I will stay with until the end of time unless they truly deserve it.
Old April 6th, 2013, 02:10 AM
King Gumball
Haven't been here for ages...

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to King Gumball
I stopped watching HIMYM… They've dragged it out for too long and I just want to see who the damn mother is already! Luckily The Walking Dead has replaced it.

Old April 6th, 2013, 02:44 AM
R.F.
Badass Overlord

Nature: Calm
Quite a few series I've stopped to watch: Pokemon (every episode is still the same, also it isn't shown in free TV anymore), the Simpsons (watched it for, well, 15 years and it's getting boring more and more), Supernatural (the first seasons were really great but then there was a time I coudn't watch it and since then I've never got the time to keep up)
Old April 6th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Digimon Kaiser
White and Nerdy

Nature: Adamant
Pokemon. No offense, but I think it's too repetitive. I'm obviously more of a Digimon TV show fan...
-Vladimir Lenin
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links