The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 7th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Forever
let it go

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_CGC View Post
PLEASE!!!! Pokemon for me has been becoming to easy/short for me. A nice, long post story would be nice. Possibly team Rocket And Plasma merge?
Hmmm I don't think that'd happen if you could travel to older regions. They'd probably just keep it at one evil team really, imo. And even so we aren't sure that there would necessarily be an evil team if we COULD travel to another region.
Old February 8th, 2013, 12:06 AM
PokéZoom
~Gotta Catch Em All

Nature: Serious
In all honesty, no. I do think the British Isles would be pretty cool to have though.

It's the next chapter, the ultimate goal! Ready for battle, brave and bold!
PokéZoom.com | PokéZoom Forums | PokéZoom Oekaki
Old February 8th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Hmmm I don't think that'd happen if you could travel to older regions. They'd probably just keep it at one evil team really, imo. And even so we aren't sure that there would necessarily be an evil team if we COULD travel to another region.
I like the idea of multiple bad guys. They can be scripted to appear in earlier maps to look at different things in other regions while preparing their work, but you may not necessarily know who they are yet. Once you reach the later areas, older evil teams trying to re-glorify themselves can suddenly put in an appearance, like in the anime when Team Rocket confronts Team Aqua or Team Magma.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old February 9th, 2013, 03:04 AM
LazerBlazer22
Unhatched Egg

I hope they do, even though they haven't since HG/SS
but we don't have info if they're doing it for x&y though, so hopefully!

[ATTACH]Fight_for_Glory_by_Laura_Satoko.jpg[/ATTACH]
THx! cya later
Attached Images
File Type: png 150px-Dawn_Anime.png‎ (29.9 KB, 1 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old February 9th, 2013, 04:35 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
I like the idea of multiple bad guys. They can be scripted to appear in earlier maps to look at different things in other regions while preparing their work, but you may not necessarily know who they are yet. Once you reach the later areas, older evil teams trying to re-glorify themselves can suddenly put in an appearance, like in the anime when Team Rocket confronts Team Aqua or Team Magma.

Cyclone
I guess ya. But if there's another region why would they be based in the region you start in rather than just theirs where they want to take over p much. ;(
Old February 9th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post

Cyclone
I do too, I would love to see how all the different teams would react to each other. It would be interesting to see if a hierarchy of evil would develop. (some being obviously more evil than others)

The Team Magma/Aqua villains have always been my favourite. I want to see more clashes like this.

On another note I would like to see something like an admin turning to good (kinda like Silver except they're meaner and cruel) or some character who keeps switching loyalties. Morally mysterious characters are always my favourite.

(I don't think N really counts because he was never cruel, just misguided.)
Old February 16th, 2013, 04:20 PM
District_Princeton
Unhatched Egg

i hope you can visit the hoenn!
Old February 17th, 2013, 04:23 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by District_Princeton View Post
i hope you can visit the hoenn!
Ya most people want that, actually. But really after thinking about it, if Hoenn were included, I'd have thought it'd be one of the first selling points, rather than just a new Eeveelution. :(
Old February 17th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Pikapia
The One Who Will Destroy Everything

Oh god, that would be amazing! You should definitely be able to go back to other regions after you've been there. For example, if you're in Unova and you want to go to Hoenn, there should be a ship, or a plane, or a train to bring you to all regions. Like a different ship/plane/train for each region.
Old February 17th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikapia View Post
Oh god, that would be amazing! You should definitely be able to go back to other regions after you've been there. For example, if you're in Unova and you want to go to Hoenn, there should be a ship, or a plane, or a train to bring you to all regions. Like a different ship/plane/train for each region.
I don't think we'd be able to go to every region. Like imagine how much would go into that and all the other games would seem like they have less value than before imo. ;(
Old February 17th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I don't think we'd be able to go to every region. Like imagine how much would go into that and all the other games would seem like they have less value than before imo. ;(
Not to mention, the level curb would probably be a mess should every region be included.

While to fans it would be a big selling point, GameFreak is the one who will be losing out the most.
Old February 17th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Well, I guess my concern is that travelling to other regions miiiight take emphasis away from this whole new region. Fans can be like, "ohhhh cool a new region!" but then they realize they can explore Hoenn and be like "OMG WE CAN GO TO HOENN! I HOPE TEAM MAGMA AND AQUA ARE ARE HERE" for instance.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 17th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Sabrewulf238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Well, I guess my concern is that travelling to other regions miiiight take emphasis away from this whole new region. Fans can be like, "ohhhh cool a new region!" but then they realize they can explore Hoenn and be like "OMG WE CAN GO TO HOENN! I HOPE TEAM MAGMA AND AQUA ARE ARE HERE" for instance.
I don't think it would be that bad. I mean most generations have had the option to go to a region other than the newest region.

Heart Gold and Soul Silver didn't take that much emphasis away from Sinnoh. (same goes for Kanto and Hoenn)
Old February 17th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
There might be a small region simular to how Monico sits around the real France
Old February 17th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
I don't think it would be that bad. I mean most generations have had the option to go to a region other than the newest region.

Heart Gold and Soul Silver didn't take that much emphasis away from Sinnoh. (same goes for Kanto and Hoenn)
What Miss Doronjo probably means is, having an older region available within X and Y such as how Kanto was in Gold, Silver, and Crystal would remove some of the emphasis from the new region. This wasn't the case between RSE and FRLG or DPPt and HGSS, because they were each separate games from one another that came at a later time.
Old February 19th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
I've always been thinking about a game in which you can visit all 5 (6) regions. Short summary: Team Rocket should be the villainous team, because Giovanni got more potentional during his battles in the PWT. Every region has his own Admin. You start as a trainer in Aspertia City and chosse your starter in Nuvema. After defeating Rocket in Unova, you have to travel to Kanto by plane. From there walk to Johto, from Johto to Sinnoh by boat and from Sinnoh to Hoenn by boat ass wel. You have to defeat Rocket Admins in eevery region and the grande finale should be on Mt. silver where you battle Giovanni. The level curve isn't a problem if you just hand over your Pokemon to the regions proffesor.

ENOUGH WITH THE CHALLENGES OK?!?
No wait... There is this one challenge... Check out the Species Challenge for some fun!

Ground Safari with Phanpy, Nincada and ??? (Please add me so you can find out!)
Old February 19th, 2013, 02:04 PM
MarinoKadame

Why not raise the level cap and leveling curve to be able to handle multiple regions ?

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old February 19th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Hoenn
Asylum
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Imagine if they did a poll to see which region we could travel too in X & Y out of all of the current ones to date, I know they wouldn't but that would be awesome.

Old February 19th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Arlo

I have no idea if there will be travel between regions, but I sure hope not. I want GF to invest every bit of resources - time and budget - into making a region that's the best it can possibly be, with a story that's the best it can possibly be and a pokedex that's the best it can possibly be. I don't want them diverting resources from that for some piddly additional region that they'd almost certainly only do a half-assed job of anyway (like they did with Kanto in GSC/HGSS).
Old February 23rd, 2013, 02:19 AM
Shadow Libra
Unhatched Egg

I doubt it if one region is in 3d so would the others be.
If they're making more regions we'd at have to wait a year.

Wisdom doesn't come with age it comes with experience thats why i'm proud to be 11.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 03:55 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Imagine if they did a poll to see which region we could travel too in X & Y out of all of the current ones to date, I know they wouldn't but that would be awesome.
That'd be interesting but I'm not sure it's too likely to happen, unless the regions are already pre-planned actually. Unless it's small DLC I'm not sure they could bring it in earlier without it having already been programmed that way.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 05:25 PM
robin22gongon

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to robin22gongon
Guys, 3D models already take up MUCH MUCH MUCH space, and adding another region would make the game so big and the game will lag so, in my opinion we can't travel to other regions and as usual it will just be another outbreak of pokemon...
Old February 23rd, 2013, 08:07 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
Guys, 3D models already take up MUCH MUCH MUCH space, and adding another region would make the game so big and the game will lag so, in my opinion we can't travel to other regions and as usual it will just be another outbreak of pokemon... -_-
I don't think it'd necessarily lag much, unless it's way over their limit. I'm sure there's a certain limit they intend not to bypass so it doesn't overly lag, meaning that another region, as long as it's not overly done, is possible without lag!
Old February 23rd, 2013, 09:17 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
In that case Johto or Unova would be the best candidates as Sinnoh,Hoenn, and Kanto are fairly large. I think if anything it'll be Unova to Parallel generation 2's trip to Kanto. Maybe if the add the original Dragon they could have it's event there. Yet again if they had Unova in 3D one would ask why they didn't make B2W2 3D, unless they didn't have enough time.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 11:36 PM
Forever
let it go

I wouldn't be surprised if Unova appeared actually! Because really, like you mentioned the parallel point, it's true, it's meant to be like Johto, and Unova seemed to grab a lot of GF's attention so it might be likely.~
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here