The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 28th, 2013, 02:38 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriguezjames55 View Post
he'll need for the official sprites to come out 1st and he might not want to do it spriting is hard tedious work so no guarantees
Also, he said earlier that he will not be doing gen VI, so these will have to be special request, after the 649 project is done. We have to finish one thing before we start another.

For Chaos,
I am going back through the past nine sprites and I will make them as smooth as possible, so don't do anything with them quite yet. I'm hoping they will be ready by next week, but I will make sure to take more time on them this time.

To make Marshstomp smooth, I had to make some changes to what was in the original 80x80 sprite. Nothing major, just wanted to make sure that was okay.

Paired with Simba
Old January 28th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
I will say this again: I will NOT be doing any Generation 6 Pokemon. 649 Pokemon is already a large enough work load, I'm not adding about another 100+ to that. Not to mention, they would all have to be custom, since X and Y won't even use sprites. I doubt they'll even use sprites for the Pokedex/Summary, we'll probably just get static model shots or even Sugimori art in-game.

The Chaos Emerald ROM Base (it's gonna take awhile)

DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource NOW COMPLETED
Custom Sugimori-style Pokémon Sprite Resource IN PROGRESS

Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old February 2nd, 2013, 04:05 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Took awhile, but I've FINALLY done Sawbuck:

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old February 2nd, 2013, 04:39 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
This is a commendable project. Somehow, the art in later gens is much better than in 3rd gen (I cringe at the RSE Gyarados sprites for example), so when it's all done I'll gladly replace all the sprites in my ROMs with yours, just for the sake of it.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 11:15 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Bet you weren't expecting another update this fast!

Credit to Wiznatts for the Escavalier front sprite.

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old February 4th, 2013, 07:26 AM
robin22gongon

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to robin22gongon
Whoa! So that long wait was for an update fury?
Old February 4th, 2013, 10:46 AM
~Anbuja
Let's Keep It Simple

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to ~Anbuja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
Took awhile, but I've FINALLY done Sawbuck:
Looks alot like the Deer God in "Princess Mononoke" for me at least Lol.

Good job with the sprites they look outstanding.
Old February 8th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
Whoa! So that long wait was for an update fury?
No, the long wait was for the Sawbuck forms. Then I decided I want to get Gen V over with, so then Jambo51 can have a full set of sprites to work with for his 649 hack thing, and then I'll be free to do all the Kanto sprites for my own hack.

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old February 9th, 2013, 01:36 AM
Bix Nood

Thank you for all the good work on this. I'm curious, how will you fit Thundurus-Therian in? Its proportions are tricky as hell...
Old February 9th, 2013, 04:58 AM
robin22gongon

Ok! Chaos Rush! Keep it up! You are so great!
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:51 PM
The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D's Avatar
The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D

Chaos may I use your Sprites you edited? I could really use these, they are well done, i will end up recoloring them to my ominous palette to go along with my story,and credit WILL be given to you :O?

To be changed to Terror!
Ive been let aware of a Pokemon Nightmare Hack being released already, i waited to long, and i checked it out and it looks really cool
I wanted to keep a connection to Nightmare, so i thought of Night Terrors, and kept Terror!

Currently in Design Stage, will be begin to code in around a month!
Pokemon Dream will be the sequel and made Somewhat after.
Old February 16th, 2013, 03:09 AM
robin22gongon

@The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D

This is in Pixel Projects thread so those sprites are open for public.

@Chaos Rush

I'm not pushing you but, any updates? I'm waiting for those sprites for my Pokemon B/W GBA version.
Thanks anyway.
Old February 16th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D View Post
Chaos may I use your Sprites you edited? I could really use these, they are well done, i will end up recoloring them to my ominous palette to go along with my story,and credit WILL be given to you :O?
Of course you can use them! If I didn't want people to use them, then why would I even post this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
I'm not pushing you but, any updates? I'm waiting for those sprites for my Pokemon B/W GBA version.
Thanks anyway.
Don't worry, Unova sprites are coming, and are top-priority. My ROM hack (DarkViolet) is on a temporary hiatus while I finish all the Unova sprites.

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old February 17th, 2013, 12:32 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
Of course you can use them! If I didn't want people to use them, then why would I even post this thread?

Don't worry, Unova sprites are coming, and are top-priority. My ROM hack (DarkViolet) is on a temporary hiatus while I finish all the Unova sprites.
Great job with this, I have a question though. Are you going to work on any of the Hoenn Sprites soon as well? Personally, I'm Only waiting for Seviper & Manetric, but obviously you're not going to stop whichever sprites you're working on now just to sprite those two. So I'm asking when is the Hoenn Pokemon in general gonna be sprited. Thanks.
Old February 17th, 2013, 03:34 AM
Bix Nood

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
Great job with this, I have a question though. Are you going to work on any of the Hoenn Sprites soon as well? Personally, I'm Only waiting for Seviper & Manetric, but obviously you're not going to stop whichever sprites you're working on now just to sprite those two. So I'm asking when is the Hoenn Pokemon in general gonna be sprited. Thanks.
There was a Seviper somewhere...I think someone published it on Tajaros's old thread, into an archive with other sprites.
Old February 19th, 2013, 12:12 AM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Even though it's a small update, just think how far you were in Pokemon Black/White when you first saw this guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
I am focusing on Unova sprites right now. After that, then I'm focusing on Kanto sprites. Karatekid552 is helping with Hoenn sprites, I will assemble them into sheets soon enough. Be patient.

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old February 19th, 2013, 01:31 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
Thank you Chaos Rush for make this Thread... This help a lot of all GBA rom hackers... If someone from here want a music DE or RE make's... Come to thread by link in my Signature. Chaos Rush... I can use your sprites into my hack? Also (I ask all ripers) Who can make an YVELTAL and XERNEAS sprites in GBA format? It would be nice.
- During Centuries... Whole worlds try keep in survive... Beafore the space start existing... In chaos eye appeared two eggs... One of mighty pokemon Arceus... Secound with less known Rejishan... Those two pokemon start build their worlds in other warps... Rejishan lose him mission... And undone world named now was TORN WORLD where now live Giratina... Arceus create world with Pokemons where live everywhere alongside with humans... What do Arceus after fail of Rejishan? He give him able to live in him world... But Rejishan want create something which been himself... And from biggest dessert upper than Unova Region start creating new region... This region is Thonsu... New species of Pokemons start locate at their region... Arceus fell angry... But forgive Rejishan and make with him friendship... But now... Is no one know... Rejishan hide in human body... Human name of Thonsu Creator is Sir Allan Newlight... - MYTH ABOUT REJISHAN (Pokemon Dirty Sun plot)

MY MUSIC SHOP - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296954
Old February 20th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Archeops
Pixel artist and hack player

Alright, this project is coming along really nicely! I don't really know how I could help out, but I'm just saying I'm not too fond of Archeops's backsprite myself. As far as I know, Archeops never fold their wings in, instead always having them spread out like arms (Pokédex 3D and the anime prove my points).

I like playing all sorts of ROM hacks, my favorites being Pokémon Altair/Sirius, Vega and Procyon/Deneb. If you don't know these hacks or have only heard of them, then I recommend playing Altair/Sirius or Vega! They're truly great games that can keep you occupied for a long time!

Last edited by Archeops; February 20th, 2013 at 08:53 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 12:49 PM
Noossab Blue

I just want to say that this project is a God-send for us hackers that have no artistic skill. Keep up the fantastic work, and you are greatly appreciated.

Edit: This might just be me being stupid but how do we save the files linked on the OP? When I click save link as it saves an html file or something, and when I go to Photobucket and click download it says the pictures have been moved...

Edit again: ...Apparently it only does this on some...Victini and Servine take you to the correct page, for example, while Snivy does not...

Thanks to SilverGrey for the awesome banner! Click to see!
Current as of 1/31/14: I updated again!

Last edited by Noossab Blue; March 3rd, 2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 02:02 PM
toasterr
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Impish
Seconding the thank-you. I wish I could help in some way, but alas, I'm terrible at spriting.

^Try copying and pasting the "direct link".
Old March 3rd, 2013, 02:15 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noossab Blue View Post
I just want to say that this project is a God-send for us hackers that have no artistic skill. Keep up the fantastic work, and you are greatly appreciated.

Edit: This might just be me being stupid but how do we save the files linked on the OP? When I click save link as it saves an html file or something, and when I go to Photobucket and click download it says the pictures have been moved...

Edit again: ...Apparently it only does this on some...Victini and Servine take you to the correct page, for example, while Snivy does not...
It's because you should use save image as.

Not, save link as... ;)
Old March 3rd, 2013, 08:34 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

To make the backsprites I actually angled Jellicent from behind in Pokedex 3D Pro, and then made a sketch based on what I saw. Never thought my 3DS XL would come in handy for this!

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old March 4th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Noossab Blue

Thanks for the responses guys. As it turns out, my computer is stupid. I clicked on the link for each sprite between one and a couple dozen times, and each finally took me to the right page...but all the other times it took me to photobook instead of the direct link...idk what's going on but I finally got what I needed...

Thanks to SilverGrey for the awesome banner! Click to see!
Current as of 1/31/14: I updated again!

Old March 9th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Alomomomomomola:

And I re-did Samurott so that the front sprite is now based off of its differently-shaded Black 2/White 2 sprite:

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old March 10th, 2013, 10:11 AM
RPD490

Nature: Relaxed
I love how this is still going on. Just a real shame that the 64x64 DS Trainer Sprite Resource died and is now closed :c Be nice to get some Gen IV/V Trainer Sprites to go along wit these Pokemon ones too

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here