Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 19th, 2013, 05:16 AM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
Three words
Pokemon World Championship
Bonus point if all the special trainers have new, animated sprite.
But that would probably come after RSE remake (if they plan one) or XY sequel. Still, no harm for hoping right? XD

Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Old February 19th, 2013, 08:53 AM
BenGames,Films, and More!
Are you not entertained?

Nature: Serious
There are many things I would like to see:
Secret bases
Double teams (team magma and team aqua or something like that)
PWT (I was so happy that ppl actually cheered there )
PokeRadar
TWO fishing rods

YouTube Channel
Deviant Art
BGFM Forums
Take a quiz about me!
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
If you say "pls" or "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".
Old February 19th, 2013, 09:07 AM
dreamcatcher
Lump Appraiser

Nature: Naughty
The PokeRadar would be able to make a stellar return in this game. I really miss actually being able to catch shiny Pokemon.
I think that one rod is great. Three separate rods was a hassle in itself - while with one it's just like WOOSH "cast dat line, hunty!"
I would love to see the return of the rustling grass again - that was an awesome feature of finding rare Pokemon, as well as the island that you could travel to after beating the E4 in B2/W2. I found that especially delightful. *drooling over all the Kecleons*
I hope the bikes aren't reinstated because I've always had a certain hatred for those homocide-on-wheels'. I could not move three spaces without hitting some poor kid.
Um, being able to rebattle trainers would be nice (please!)
And I hope those fricken Pokemon Breeders will NOT walk up to me EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. that I walk past them on accident. That has to be harassment. Or assault.
Oh my lump.
Friend Safari: Ice; PM me if you add me and I'll add you back! FC: 0877-1558-9942
Old February 20th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Snivysmiley
Ruby/Sapphire Veteran

Nature: Modest
I reallyreallyreally want the pokemon contests from ruby/sapphire back, it would make my day
MY POKEMON BLOG
I'll trade or battle with anyone!
Old February 20th, 2013, 02:59 PM
iTeruri
iAm

Nature: Relaxed
The Fame Checker.

With the focus on story in Black (2) & White(2) I think something like the Fame Checker could see a return. It could track several characters you meet throughout the story and keep track of the changes they go through.

A non-Gen V example could be Silver, your rival in G/S. The Fame Checker could start out by saying it's a dodgy character that stole Professor Elms Pokémon. Later on it could note that he owns a Crobat, signifying that he grew friendly to his Pokémon.
Yes, it would completely destroy any subtlety in the games when it comes to the story, but I also think it could be quite interesting.

For those who’ve read Mort by Terry Pratchett, it could be like the autobiographies.
Old February 20th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snivysmiley View Post
I reallyreallyreally want the pokemon contests from ruby/sapphire back, it would make my day
Cheers to that! If not contests from RSE, then at least something more similar to the anime-style contests. With 3D capabilities, they could probably do something really wild with it, and incorporating a battle round would be nice.

My only nitpick is, I hope the Contests Halls are divided amongst the region and not just in one large building. It was always more fun arriving to a new town that had it's own designated contest hall. It made the whole idea of it seem a bit more adventurous; it lost that when they shoved it all into one large building beginning with Emerald.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 10:08 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTeruri View Post
The Fame Checker.

With the focus on story in Black (2) & White(2) I think something like the Fame Checker could see a return. It could track several characters you meet throughout the story and keep track of the changes they go through.

A non-Gen V example could be Silver, your rival in G/S. The Fame Checker could start out by saying it's a dodgy character that stole Professor Elms Pokémon. Later on it could note that he owns a Crobat, signifying that he grew friendly to his Pokémon.
Yes, it would completely destroy any subtlety in the games when it comes to the story, but I also think it could be quite interesting.

For those who’ve read Mort by Terry Pratchett, it could be like the autobiographies.
I never really got into the fame checker but that sounds kind of awesome to have, and see how everyone changes throughout the game when characters are becoming increasingly more important as more games are released, from what I've noticed.
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old February 28th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I'd like the VS. Seeker to return. I found it brilliant, and quite "realistic" too. Your rechargeable thingamajig sends out a signal, asking "Is there anybody in this area who wants to battle?". Then it logs the responses, and you walk up to the trainers and have your promised match.

Imo, it's a bajillion times better than those "trainers' eyes", where you had to move all across the map to find a guy who wanted to rebattle you, and then wait for anywhere between 30 seconds and three weeks before he wanted another rematch. It was totally random who would battle you and when. The VS Seeker worked for all trainers, almost anywhere you wanted, the Trainers' eyes only for a select few.

Well, at least better than the PokéGear, imo. The VS Seeker was good for grinding. The Trainers' eyes are... well, they give you an incentive to travel across the region multiple times, and since that region is Hoenn, I can only praise that.

Also, I'd like rebattling trainers and gym leaders to return. All of Unova's postgame facilities are crammed up in Nimbasa City, including most of the rebattleable trainers. There are random times of day when you can't enter that battlefield, and I dunno, I find that Gyms and other dedicated battle arenas have fields more designed to take a beating, easy to maintain and fix after a rough battle. They could of had a "Pokémon Stadium" or something where trainers hung out, instead of doing all the battling in the arenas where humans are supposed to play. Anywhere but the place where it's kinda important that the field is in good condition before every match? I'd have loved the concept a little more if it was in an area designed (and mainly used) for Pokémon battles. Kinda like Battle Square in Pyrite Town. Heck, there's a perfectly good park with a field drawn up in Flocessy Town. Why not have rebattleable trainers there?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 2nd, 2013, 07:18 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
If they don't decide on bringing back the VS. Seeker, then I wouldn't mind if GameFreak designed something similar to the Pokémon Breeders in Black 2 and White 2. Except, rather than have a rematch every time you walk past a trainer, you can re-battle them once everyday. Then at certain points of the game, when you go back, they'll be a few levels stronger.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:41 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
The only two things that I would kill to see come back would be the Vs. Seeker and the auto-run button from HGSS. The Vs. Seeker made grinding so much easier, and as nice as it was having Audino to grind, it took way longer than trainer rematches ever did, plus it was way better for gaining EVs (if that was your thing). The auto-run button I just want back for convenience, as holding down the button is a pain in the butt =P
Old March 2nd, 2013, 09:05 PM
Aslan
the pretender

I really want to see the follow me feature make a return, that would be wonderful having Pokemon being able to tag along besides you again <3. Also I think the VS. Seeker was a nifty device, so I wouldn't mind if that made a return, then I could watch some of the memorable battles I've done over the time.

Secret Bases would be wonderful as well, it was interesting exploring the Underground, a great way to find rare items, fossils and you could show off your creativity, really liked it <3. And I'd like to see the Pokemon World Tournament make a return, it was great battling all sorts of gym leaders. :3

it's a matter of time
before we learn to fly
Old March 6th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I think the VS Seeker was one of the greatest key items, so i wish we get that back.
Also, i have never been a huge fan of berry planting, but i kinda missed it in B/W and B2/W2...
And i really hope X/Y have a PWT, cause it's just sooo much fun!!

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 6th, 2013, 03:12 PM
EpicSylveon
Sylveon Trainer

I want something similar to the villa from Platinum like your own little house or another idea could be an apartment where you can visit each others rooms online or by using streetpass.
If they had something like this I would like it to be improved by a lot and have a huge range of objects and furniture to customize it, I can imagine myself now spending ages saving up money to buy furniture and then spending ages actually customizing the place to.
There could also be a wardrobe and mirror where you customize your trainer which they may of been hinting about if the trailer is anything to go by.
SO I HEARD YOU LIEK MUDKIPZ?
Old March 7th, 2013, 12:38 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
If they don't decide on bringing back the VS. Seeker, then I wouldn't mind if GameFreak designed something similar to the Pokémon Breeders in Black 2 and White 2. Except, rather than have a rematch every time you walk past a trainer, you can re-battle them once everyday. Then at certain points of the game, when you go back, they'll be a few levels stronger.
I would be okay with this ONLY if you could go for a rematch everyday after post-game. It's very useful early on to have it constantly :3 If the money went up too, that'd be good as well!
Old March 7th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Actually, in addition to what I said before, I'd also love to see Hoenn's Battle Frontier make a return. It's an excellent post-game thing to do that actually killed so much time for me and actually kept me interested. Plus, I absolutely loved the events you participated in (much more than the DPP/HGSS Battle Frontier), and the heads of each event were really creative to me. Seeing it fleshed out in 3D would just be awesome.
Old March 8th, 2013, 02:21 AM
Forever
let it go

I'd much prefer the Subway. I never really go to know Hoenn's other than from a distance and the Subway just... seemed better in general because it made me think of Digimon! So I'd like that to return over the Frontier, sry. :(
Old March 8th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I feel like the Subway was so repetitive and it got boring extremely quickly. The Frontier was so much more varied I felt like it just had more entertainment value over a period of time than the Subway did.
Old March 9th, 2013, 03:04 AM
Forever
let it go

Subway had somewhere you could actually visit and get free stuff from, whereas Frontier didn't have that. But we could just throw in Pokeathlon and make that good enough. ;)
Old March 9th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

If that were to happen, I'd rather them bring back the PWT and bring the Pokéathlon in with that =P Free stuff isn't really an incentive for me to want something back, as part of the fun in doing the events is earning the stuff.
Old March 9th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Forever
let it go

Good deal imo. Let's throw in some Voltorb Flip to bring back while we're at it to make it a more entertaining region!
Old March 9th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
I'm sure they are mentioned already, but for me:

• Double and triple battles!! those are my favorite
• Pokemon follows, like in Soul Silver and Heart Gold
• VS Seeker, but making the other trainers stronger
• Breeders that keep battling (black 2 game, it was the easiest way for me to train weaker Pokemon via exp share)
• Reusable TM's
• Free Space in the bag, I use it a lot, keeps the rest of the bag organize
• Rustling Grass, Rippling water with stronger or rare Pokemon
• Seasons, certain Pokemon appearing during a certain season.

at the moment, those come to mind, I may add a few more if I can think of some
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenges - sorry for no updates, been reorganizing my room
Random Challenge - Badges: 6/8 - game: X - Location: Route 15
Random Challenge - Badges: 2/8 - game: Y - Location: Geosenge Town
50/50 Challenge - Badges 4/8 - Game Y - Location: Lumiose City
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here