Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Old February 18th, 2013 (04:10 PM).
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
It shows me that all 3.5 gigs are filled, when clearly its only 1.5. I tried formatting it the first time, and it persisted. Help?

#328 Trapinch
Supporter Collab January 2015
Doctor Who Fan Club

Old February 18th, 2013 (04:27 PM).
twocows
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Community Supporter

Where did you get it? Also, what are you putting on it?

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." - H. L. Mencken, unsourced

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]
Old February 18th, 2013 (04:44 PM).
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Got it 6 months ago, never had issues with it. Movies in general, nothing special.

#328 Trapinch
Doctor Who Fan Club

Old February 18th, 2013 (06:22 PM).
twocows
Community Supporter

WHERE did you get it, not when. What store?

Also, try turning on hidden files, and if that doesn't work turn on show protected OS files. Turn them back off when you're done.

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." - H. L. Mencken, unsourced

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]
Old February 19th, 2013 (07:53 AM).
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

From a local ma and pa store, new in package.

#328 Trapinch
Doctor Who Fan Club

Old February 19th, 2013 (08:48 AM).
Archenoth
The arch foe

Nature: Lonely
Does it say 1.5GB is used, and that is %100? Or does it say that 2GB is used when in actuality only 1.5GB is?

If it is the former, what format is the thing? Is it NTFS? FAT? FAT32? EXFAT? Some other format? You may have corruption on your drive, and some formats will just mark those sections as unusable and that will decrease the capacity of your drive... Or it could be extraneous overhead in the format specification that is taking up a lot of room...

If it is the latter, it is very possible that, as twocows mentioned, that you just have hidden files taking up space on there, like maybe autobackup or recover files for example. Or maybe files that came on the drive when you bought it.
Old February 19th, 2013 (09:34 AM).
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Its 1.5 used and showing 3.5 used when it should be 1.5 used 2 gigs available. Its fat 32 and I'm pretty sure there is a corrupt sector in it, but the restoration option is not bringing up anything, bother before and after I formatted it.

#328 Trapinch
Doctor Who Fan Club

Old February 19th, 2013 (11:22 AM).
twocows
Community Supporter

Did you enable hidden files like I said?

Old February 19th, 2013 (01:50 PM).
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Yep nothing pops up. Whatever I put in it is what's showing.

#328 Trapinch
Doctor Who Fan Club

Old February 19th, 2013 (02:57 PM).
Otter Mii-kun
Molly, you're cute ;)

It's possible that your device has some "missing" files (lost clusters) and maybe even bad sectors that had been patched in the past. You might want to check your device for errors using a disk-checking program (such as chkdsk /r in Windows, or whatever else your operating system supplies-note that you may have to delete some files to free up space first).
Old February 19th, 2013 (04:13 PM).
twocows
Community Supporter

It might be partitioned oddly. Try looking at it with disk management (start menu, type computer management, click "disk management" on the left, find the one that looks about the right size on the bottom, and see if there are multiple partitions on it).

Old February 20th, 2013 (02:32 PM).
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

I can't see anything about the removable disk, am on XP btw. The stick is probably corrupt, cause nothing is working.

#328 Trapinch
Doctor Who Fan Club

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links