The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Drawing Contest Theme!
Legendary Water Types 10 30.30%
Starters 17 51.52%
Best Of [insert region] 11 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 22nd, 2013, 01:50 PM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Lonely
Welcome to the club HotShot!

What do you think would be one of the better advantages of being a water type?
Old January 24th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Hello all! I see I am late to the party, mostly because I stay cooked up in the roleplay corner, but with a water type club here how can I NOT be a part of it?

Name: Greiger
Partner Pokemon: Golduck is the only one I need.
Why do you want to swim with us?: Well, the current is always fast around me for some reason, I figure if I find a group to swim with, then maybe I can fight the currents and have more furn swimming around instead of being chased by Sharpedo every second.

What do you think would be one of the better advantages of being a water type? A complex question when you think about it. There are many advantages, such as having more freedom to move around unlike the pokemon that are stuck on the ground at a horizontal plane. Water types can easily move horizontally or vertically whenever we please! Not only that, but the sea holds many mysteries that most pokemon can never explore so that is a privilege there. Not only that but we can easily travel to islands and to other regions such without the need of renting a boat ;D.
Old February 11th, 2013, 09:13 PM
FenrirDarkWolf
Water Musician Fenrir

Nature: Quirky
Umm... I kinda new here, so, umm, here we go!
Name: Fenrir

2 Partner Pokemon: Shellder and Floatzel

Why do you want to swim with us?: I've always been a drifter, drifting around the big blue all day. Your group caught my attention, and broke my lazy swimming habits. Besides, isn't in better to swim with water lovers as well?

What do you think would be one of the better advantages of being a water type?: Personally, the best advantage is the easy access to all around the regions. Quick travel, a few battles here and there, and some good fun is the best thing I feel.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Cardinal

Name: Cardinal
2 Partner Pokemon: Lumineon and Qwilfish
Why do you want to swim with us?: I want to swim with you people as my favorite Pokemon, Lumineon, is a water type, and therefore I love the water type.
What do you think would be one of the better advantages of being a water type?: Honestly, the best advantage is being able to be on land and sea. I mean you can swim and you can walk. If a trainer tries to catch you on land you just swim to the sea.
Old February 12th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

I guess it's a big advantage to be able to traverse the seas, and I know it isn't exclusive to Water type Pokemon, however it's only few other Pokemon that possess that ability. As mentioned, a lot of the water type Pokemon can also move on land, which is why when it comes to travelling across the regions, being a Water type that can move on land as well, would be the most efficient, right next to the Flying type Pokemon.
Old February 13th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
I would love just being able to go and relax by swimming for as long as I desired. Assuming I'd be a Piplup, I'd also get to enjoy being on land too, which is an added benefit. Also, swimming in really cold water wouldn't effect me at all, which is always nice. And since water is pretty much everywhere (the most abundant resource on the planet) being a water type would give me an advantage over all the other types, especially if you could manipulate it.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old February 19th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

The owner of this club is looking for someone to take over, otherwise it'll be closed in a few days if no one wants to, so if anyone's interested in taking over send me a message!
Old February 20th, 2013, 05:59 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Name: vaporeon7
2 Partner Pokemon: Vaporeon and Gorebyss
Why do you want to swim with us?: Because water is my favourite type and I like pretty much all of them.
Answer Current topic: Well I think they have a competitive advantage of only having a weakness to grass and electric. It's one reason that makes them such good bulky Pokémon.
Old February 20th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Galoria
Moo~ ♪

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Galoria Send a message via Skype™ to Galoria
Name: Galoria

2 Partners Pokémon:

Why do you want to swim with us?:
In the first generation to the third generation, water Pokémon have been my favorite type,design and for their usefulness in combat and that they can counter the grass Pokémon
And because I love the water! Especially when it is hot ~

Answer Current topic: It is a good advantage to be a Water-Type. They can avoide any kind of danger by swimming in the see, because mostly, Water-Type can walk on the lands. In my opinion and in my experience in Pokémon, they're mostly good bulky Pokémon, like wartortle, in the old generation. And about the ability of "Skin Dry" is so useful when it is raining in battles.
Old February 21st, 2013, 04:48 AM
27thColt
The Water Nerd Guy

Nature: Brave

I could list a number of reasons.Many of them are from Bulbapedia.

-Being a water type,you get the MOST amount of pokemon so that means a lot of diversity.What I mean is something like Quilfish won't be like Swampert or Empoleon or Alomomola.
-You have only 2 weaknesses and if you are a water/ground,you can handle both types quite easily.
-It is the type that gets paired up with the most types as in dual types except fire.This means even MORE diversity.
-There stats are even and not solely strong on one type or weak in another type.
-It beats three of the most threatining types:fire,ground,rock
-With many dual type pokemon with many different types,you get to get a big movepool on many pokemon.

So,that is why it is one of the better advantages of being a water type.
Old February 21st, 2013, 05:40 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I think one other thing the water type has for it is the ability to learn ice moves, helps counter grass right away.
Old February 21st, 2013, 06:01 AM
Hikamaru
a.k.a. nichole
Community Supporter

What do you think would be one of the better advantages of being a Water-type?

The fact they have been paired with almost every type imaginable, making for loads of diversity, being the most common Pokemon type, the helpful moves they can use like Surf for crossing water, using moves like Ice Beam to counter Grass-types, they are strong against three common attacking types (Rock, Fire and Ground), and most Water-types tend to get balanced stats.

This is why Water-types are my favorites!
Old February 22nd, 2013, 12:27 AM
27thColt
The Water Nerd Guy

Nature: Brave
Guys, can i just say this question.

Why is Azurill a normal type?
Old February 22nd, 2013, 08:04 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Just like the world will never know how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop, the world will never know why Azurill is classified as a normal type. It makes zero sense.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old February 22nd, 2013, 08:21 AM
revere
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Is it too late to join? Nah, jk :P

Name: MidnightShine
2 Partner Pokemon: and
Why do you want to swim with us?: Cuz making new friends are fun! And the Water type is also one of my fav types, cuz it has many useful, powerful and nice-looking Pokemon imo.
Answer Current topic: Well, I think Water types get an advantage cuz first, they can abuse some good moves such as Hydro Pump and Waterfall. Plus, some water types are high in Speed so they can easily outspeed other Pokemon and beat them in seconds flat.

Whew, its like 12 am+ here so I cant really think straight. Sorry if I sounded like a total noob back there lol
Old February 22nd, 2013, 10:44 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27thColt View Post
Guys, can i just say this question.

Why is Azurill a normal type?
I think it probably is because Azurill just hasn't learnt to adapt to the water yet.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 11:17 AM
mitchellthatcher@rocketmail.com's Avatar
Poke guru

hi I am an advanced pokemon trainer majoring in the water type I am new to the pokecommunity so I have no idea what to expect but I will follow your rules.
My favorite water type pokemon are happy the politoed,mr slow the slowking and leonira the kingdra :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I think it probably is because Azurill just hasn't learnt to adapt to the water yet.
hi um I believe for that azurill is a normal type because it is a baby aqua rabbit and cannot swim yet that is just my guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
Name: vaporeon7
2 Partner Pokemon: Vaporeon and Gorebyss
Why do you want to swim with us?: Because water is my favourite type and I like pretty much all of them.
Answer Current topic: Well I think they have a competitive advantage of only having a weakness to grass and electric. It's one reason that makes them such good bulky Pokémon.
hi I have a goreybyss named angel and becaue they could have high stats or amazing abilities like drizzle and kabutops has an attack raised all the way can be 412

Last edited by [email protected]; February 23rd, 2013 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 24th, 2013, 12:06 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I think that it is also notable that the best Pokémon competitively, Kyogre, is also a water type.
Old February 28th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Galoria
Moo~ ♪

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Galoria Send a message via Skype™ to Galoria
Here a new topic I hope you will like!

New Generation, mean new film. So if there is a water type protagonist, what happnes, what he goona do? etc..

Sponsored Links