Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index



Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #23951    
Old February 21st, 2013, 10:08 AM
95gemello7's Avatar
95gemello7
MrGarroz
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Italy
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious

Advertise here
For this question I have to do an example...
I have Dragon Claw's animation code:
Spoiler:
00 2D 27 00 37 27 19 8F 00 C0 03 F9 A7 0B 08 0A 05 02 00 04 00 00 00 08 00 7F 0203 F9 89 09 08 05 05 00 00 00 00 02 00 0F 00 01 00 0E AD 31 1D 08 0E AD 31 1D08 02 54 4E 3D 08 02 02 06 00 04 00 02 38 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 1C 00 10 02 1E00 0D 00 32 00 00 00 04 02 03 DD D3 0D 08 05 02 81 00 3F 00 02 E8 79 3E 08 8203 F6 FF F6 FF 00 00 02 E8 79 3E 08 82 03 F6 FF 0A 00 00 00 02 88 7B 3E 08 0205 FC FF 01 00 0A 00 03 00 01 00 02 38 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 20 00 E0 01 14 0010 00 D2 FF 00 00 04 02 02 38 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 21 00 40 02 14 00 08 00 2A00 00 00 04 02 02 38 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 1F 00 90 01 19 00 0B 00 D6 FF 00 0004 02 02 54 4E 3D 08 02 02 06 00 04 00 02 38 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 1C 00 00 0219 00 10 00 2E 00 00 00 04 02 03 DD D3 0D 08 05 02 81 00 3F 00 02 E8 79 3E 0882 03 0A 00 F6 FF 01 00 02 E8 79 3E 08 82 03 0A 00 0A 00 01 00 02 88 7B 3E 0802 05 FC FF 01 00 0A 00 03 00 01 00 02 38 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 21 00 D0 01 1E00 0F 00 CE FF 00 00 04 02 02 38 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 1C 00 10 02 1E 00 0D 0032 00 00 00 04 02 02 38 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 20 00 E0 01 14 00 10 00 D2 FF 0000 04 02 02 38 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 21 00 40 02 14 00 08 00 2A 00 00 00 04 0202 38 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 1F 00 90 01 19 00 0B 00 D6 FF 00 00 04 02 02 38 743E 08 02 07 00 00 1C 00 00 02 19 00 10 00 2E 00 00 00 04 02 02 38 74 3E 08 0207 00 00 21 00 D0 01 1E 00 0F 00 CE FF 00 00 03 F9 A7 0B 08 0A 05 02 00 04 00 08 00 00 00 7F 02 05 08 02 38 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 1C 00 10 02 1E 00 0D 00 3200 00 00 04 02 02 38 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 20 00 E0 01 14 00 10 00 D2 FF 00 0004 02 02 38 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 21 00 40 02 14 00 08 00 2A 00 00 00 04 02 0238 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 1F 00 90 01 19 00 0B 00 D6 FF 00 00 04 02 02 38 74 3E 0802 07 00 00 1C 00 00 02 19 00 10 00 2E 00 00 00 04 02 02 38 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 21 00 D0 01 1E 00 0F 00 CE FF 00 00 04 02 0F 08 00


How can I remove the claw's animation, that is the same of crush claw? I tried to find the same code of crush claw, but there isn't... How can I do this...?
MY HACK ROM: Work in progress.
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrGarroz?feature=mhee
  #23952    
Old February 21st, 2013, 10:23 AM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuartierGenerale View Post
It's a terrible palette with 8 identical yellow ad a couple of green

is there a way to change it?
Here is how you change a pallette that you see in VBA. Each color is two bytes. So, make note of the memory location of the first pallet. In this case, it is 0x05000020. Now, open up the VBA memory viewer and go to that offset. Type the next 0x20 (32 dec) bytes you see in the memory viewer into the search function in HxD and search for them. Sorry, no copy amd paste in the memory viewer. Then, the location of the first byte of your pallet is the location of pallette in APE.

I just found the pallette myself, however I will put it in a spoiler so you can cross check it yourself. Find it on your own, don't cheat!
Spoiler:
0x3F630C


Now, open up that location in APE and edit it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95gemello7 View Post
For this question I have to do an example...
I have Dragon Claw's animation code:
Spoiler:
00 2D 27 00 37 27 19 8F 00 C0 03 F9 A7 0B 08 0A 05 02 00 04 00 00 00 08 00 7F 0203 F9 89 09 08 05 05 00 00 00 00 02 00 0F 00 01 00 0E AD 31 1D 08 0E AD 31 1D08 02 54 4E 3D 08 02 02 06 00 04 00 02 38 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 1C 00 10 02 1E00 0D 00 32 00 00 00 04 02 03 DD D3 0D 08 05 02 81 00 3F 00 02 E8 79 3E 08 8203 F6 FF F6 FF 00 00 02 E8 79 3E 08 82 03 F6 FF 0A 00 00 00 02 88 7B 3E 08 0205 FC FF 01 00 0A 00 03 00 01 00 02 38 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 20 00 E0 01 14 0010 00 D2 FF 00 00 04 02 02 38 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 21 00 40 02 14 00 08 00 2A00 00 00 04 02 02 38 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 1F 00 90 01 19 00 0B 00 D6 FF 00 0004 02 02 54 4E 3D 08 02 02 06 00 04 00 02 38 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 1C 00 00 0219 00 10 00 2E 00 00 00 04 02 03 DD D3 0D 08 05 02 81 00 3F 00 02 E8 79 3E 0882 03 0A 00 F6 FF 01 00 02 E8 79 3E 08 82 03 0A 00 0A 00 01 00 02 88 7B 3E 0802 05 FC FF 01 00 0A 00 03 00 01 00 02 38 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 21 00 D0 01 1E00 0F 00 CE FF 00 00 04 02 02 38 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 1C 00 10 02 1E 00 0D 0032 00 00 00 04 02 02 38 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 20 00 E0 01 14 00 10 00 D2 FF 0000 04 02 02 38 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 21 00 40 02 14 00 08 00 2A 00 00 00 04 0202 38 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 1F 00 90 01 19 00 0B 00 D6 FF 00 00 04 02 02 38 743E 08 02 07 00 00 1C 00 00 02 19 00 10 00 2E 00 00 00 04 02 02 38 74 3E 08 0207 00 00 21 00 D0 01 1E 00 0F 00 CE FF 00 00 03 F9 A7 0B 08 0A 05 02 00 04 00 08 00 00 00 7F 02 05 08 02 38 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 1C 00 10 02 1E 00 0D 00 3200 00 00 04 02 02 38 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 20 00 E0 01 14 00 10 00 D2 FF 00 0004 02 02 38 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 21 00 40 02 14 00 08 00 2A 00 00 00 04 02 0238 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 1F 00 90 01 19 00 0B 00 D6 FF 00 00 04 02 02 38 74 3E 0802 07 00 00 1C 00 00 02 19 00 10 00 2E 00 00 00 04 02 02 38 74 3E 08 02 07 00 00 21 00 D0 01 1E 00 0F 00 CE FF 00 00 04 02 0F 08 00


How can I remove the claw's animation, that is the same of crush claw? I tried to find the same code of crush claw, but there isn't... How can I do this...?
Well, from what I have seen, we don't know a ton about graphic movement on the screen. However, my best guess would be to find the graphic for the claw in unLz and make note of the offset. Take that offset and turn it into a pointer and see if that pointer is in your animation. If it is, then that is definitely the section which has the claw animation. Remove that section and play around with the sections around it until it works.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; February 21st, 2013 at 10:29 AM.
  #23953    
Old February 21st, 2013, 11:48 AM
Garuga17's Avatar
Garuga17
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Indonesia
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
err... someone can help me out?

My roms is always freezing when it tried to evolving Pokemon, it seems that there are somethings wrong with the routine(i don't know though..), or maybe something else..

any suggestion what i should do? maybe inserting new evolution routine? or just fix the existing one? please help D:
dunno what to write here....
  #23954    
Old February 21st, 2013, 12:12 PM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garuga17 View Post
err... someone can help me out?

My roms is always freezing when it tried to evolving Pokemon, it seems that there are somethings wrong with the routine(i don't know though..), or maybe something else..

any suggestion what i should do? maybe inserting new evolution routine? or just fix the existing one? please help D:
I've got you bro. Now, are we dealing specifically with items, or evolutions in general? There are three different but similar evolution routines. One for items, one for level up, and one for trading.

Paired with Simba
  #23955    
Old February 21st, 2013, 12:48 PM
95gemello7's Avatar
95gemello7
MrGarroz
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Italy
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
Well, from what I have seen, we don't know a ton about graphic movement on the screen. However, my best guess would be to find the graphic for the claw in unLz and make note of the offset. Take that offset and turn it into a pointer and see if that pointer is in your animation. If it is, then that is definitely the section which has the claw animation. Remove that section and play around with the sections around it until it works.
I find out that offset in unLz, but there isn't the pointer in the animation code... So i achieved to repeat twice that first part of Dragon Claw... My problem now is this: how can I delete the orange/red coloration assumed by the Pokémon after it used Dragon Claw?
MY HACK ROM: Work in progress.
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrGarroz?feature=mhee
  #23956    
Old February 21st, 2013, 12:52 PM
LocksmithArmy's Avatar
LocksmithArmy
Mew!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Age: 25
Gender: Male
HEY... y cant I checkitem...

none of my checkitem scripts work... it acts like I have the item... even if I dont...

I made a new item (its a land deed) its item 0x15B

so I have a script
checkitem 0x15B 1
if == jump 0xwherever

it just jumped without checking (cause i did not have the item at the time)

is there something wrong with my layout?
I even tried
if true jump 0xwherever
and got the same result
  #23957    
Old February 21st, 2013, 12:59 PM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95gemello7 View Post
I find out that offset in unLz, but there isn't the pointer in the animation code... So i achieved to repeat twice that first part of Dragon Claw... My problem now is this: how can I delete the orange/red coloration assumed by the Pokémon after it used Dragon Claw?
My best advice: just delete things until you know what does what. The animation will most likely run in order (why wouldn't it) so if you want to delete the last thing that happens, remove the last set of instructions. Just play with it until it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
HEY... y cant I checkitem...

none of my checkitem scripts work... it acts like I have the item... even if I dont...

I made a new item (its a land deed) its item 0x15B

so I have a script
checkitem 0x15B 1
if == jump 0xwherever

it just jumped without checking (cause i did not have the item at the time)

is there something wrong with my layout?
I even tried
if true jump 0xwherever
and got the same result
Checkitem stores the result on 0x800D (Lastresult). So, you need to compare LASTRESULT 0x1. Then you can use the if command.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; February 21st, 2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #23958    
Old February 21st, 2013, 01:29 PM
LocksmithArmy's Avatar
LocksmithArmy
Mew!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Age: 25
Gender: Male
your an amazing soul....

i was afraid I would run out of flags... but tis will save me several.
  #23959    
Old February 21st, 2013, 01:46 PM
iDowngrade
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
The front sprite uses normal palettes and the backsprite (in unlz.gba) uses the shiny palette. When you import a new sprite, you are changing the palette (even if it's the same image, you're changing around which color goes first in the palette order) so instead of "blue green orange yellow" it becomes "yellow orange green blue"-- all of the blues in the original become yellow, all of the green's become orange, etc. even if the same colors were used.

There are other tools out there that specifically specialize in inserting front and back sprites (Wichu's Advance Sprite Editor, for example) and unlz.gba tends to mess up people when it comes to palettes.
You mean that if i insert my stuff with wichu's sprite editor the palette will not get messed up? ill test it later, thanks for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
The front sprite uses normal palettes and the backsprite (in unlz.gba) uses the shiny palette. When you import a new sprite, you are changing the palette (even if it's the same image, you're changing around which color goes first in the palette order) so instead of "blue green orange yellow" it becomes "yellow orange green blue"-- all of the blues in the original become yellow, all of the green's become orange, etc. even if the same colors were used.

There are other tools out there that specifically specialize in inserting front and back sprites (Wichu's Advance Sprite Editor, for example) and unlz.gba tends to mess up people when it comes to palettes.
Not working, can you tell me how do i fix the pallette or a working and tested video on how to fix this problem?

And if someone else wants to help me with this

Please help!

When i import my front pokemon sprite with unlz.gba, it goes alright.
But when i import my back pokemon sprite with unlz.gba, when i test it ingame, the palette gets automatically messed up, any helps?

Last edited by giradialkia; February 21st, 2013 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Don't abuse text sizes, please.
  #23960    
Old February 21st, 2013, 05:10 PM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
your an amazing soul....

i was afraid I would run out of flags... but tis will save me several.
If you run out of flags, I have a risky, but worth it solution. Just let me know if you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDowngrade View Post
You mean that if i insert my stuff with wichu's sprite editor the palette will not get messed up? ill test it later, thanks for your help!



Not working, can you tell me how do i fix the pallette or a working and tested video on how to fix this problem?

And if someone else wants to help me with this

Please help!

When i import my front pokemon sprite with unlz.gba, it goes alright.
But when i import my back pokemon sprite with unlz.gba, when i test it ingame, the palette gets automatically messed up, any helps?
Please, never use that giant text again. Please. Also, the pallette is messed up because they both share a pallette. A much better way to do it would be to use GIMP and index them both with the same pallette before insertion. An even easier way, just use Wichu's Sprite Editor: The Advance Series. It does the pallettes for you and will also do shiny pallettes very easily.

Edit: I see you've already used Wichu's but your giant text prevented me from seeing the first part of your message. No kidding. Give it another try. The problem is that your images will have to share the same pallette before going into Wichu's sprite editor.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by giradialkia; February 21st, 2013 at 06:57 PM. Reason: resizing text. Rather than replying to such posts, just report instead ;)
  #23961    
Old February 22nd, 2013, 03:07 AM
trafalgar's Avatar
trafalgar
Hasgana
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Gender: Female
As the title suggests I have a big problem with the program vba sdl h.
The problem is that it did not create the trace file while performing the steps right.
I hope some of you can help me.
  #23962    
Old February 22nd, 2013, 04:38 AM
QuartierGenerale
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Thanks karatekid, i'll try
  #23963    
Old February 22nd, 2013, 08:34 AM
SporreKing
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Hello there! I have a question which i really need to be answered. I repointed the pointer which points to the OWS-table to 0x00801000 and i copyed and pasted the old OWS-table to 0x00801000. Then i added a new pointer to that table pointing to 0x00802000 where i've added a copy of the hero-data. Now i open NSE and go to "View>Offset". I tried putting in various offsets because i didn't know which one it wanted me to give. I tried giving it the offset to where the pointer to the sprite-table was (the one i repointed to 0x00801000), i tried giving it the offset to the actuall spritetable, i tried giving it 0x0080125C which is the pointer in the spritetable which leads to 0x00802000 where i have the sprite-data. All this, but i couldn't get the texture to show up in NSE!! And when i activate "Advanced Mode" and go to the first default sprite (Hero) I see that under "Sprite Pointer: " It sais "$H35BB68". When i once again put in "80125C" at "View>Offset" I see that "Sprite Pointer: " is the value which is changing. So i go back to the default hero and check the "Sprite Pointer: " and ofc it shows "$H35BB68" So i go to my Hex Workshop and go to the offset "0035BB68" but it just leads me to a bucnh of zeros?!?!?! So which offset am i going to add to "View>Offset"? I mean, if the no. 1 sprite which is hero points to "35BB68" which is only a bunch of zero's, how can that offset possibly give the texture to the hero? And how am i supposed to find the "zero space" of my sprite?!
  #23964    
Old February 22nd, 2013, 08:54 AM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by SporreKing View Post
Hello there! I have a question which i really need to be answered. I repointed the pointer which points to the OWS-table to 0x00801000 and i copyed and pasted the old OWS-table to 0x00801000. Then i added a new pointer to that table pointing to 0x00802000 where i've added a copy of the hero-data. Now i open NSE and go to "View>Offset". I tried putting in various offsets because i didn't know which one it wanted me to give. I tried giving it the offset to where the pointer to the sprite-table was (the one i repointed to 0x00801000), i tried giving it the offset to the actuall spritetable, i tried giving it 0x0080125C which is the pointer in the spritetable which leads to 0x00802000 where i have the sprite-data. All this, but i couldn't get the texture to show up in NSE!! And when i activate "Advanced Mode" and go to the first default sprite (Hero) I see that under "Sprite Pointer: " It sais "$H35BB68". When i once again put in "80125C" at "View>Offset" I see that "Sprite Pointer: " is the value which is changing. So i go back to the default hero and check the "Sprite Pointer: " and ofc it shows "$H35BB68" So i go to my Hex Workshop and go to the offset "0035BB68" but it just leads me to a bucnh of zeros?!?!?! So which offset am i going to add to "View>Offset"? I mean, if the no. 1 sprite which is hero points to "35BB68" which is only a bunch of zero's, how can that offset possibly give the texture to the hero? And how am i supposed to find the "zero space" of my sprite?!
I'm just going to tell you how to add a new OW. First, never use the hero data for an OW template, pick a regular OW. Now, copy and paste the data that the pointer in our first table points to (the one that begins FFFF10) to some free space. Create a pointer at end of our table to this new location.

Now, modify the ini file for NSE to reflect the new location of our table.

Next, open NSE and go into options and turn "Advanced Mode" on. Then go under boundaries and turn them all off.

Now you should be able to edit your new sprite, very similar to how it works in OWERE. Remember to repoint the sprite pointer so a new bank. NSE can create this new bank, the in a preference option in one of the menus.

Paired with Simba
  #23965    
Old February 22nd, 2013, 08:55 AM
iDowngrade
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
If you run out of flags, I have a risky, but worth it solution. Just let me know if you do.



Please, never use that giant text again. Please. Also, the pallette is messed up because they both share a pallette. A much better way to do it would be to use GIMP and index them both with the same pallette before insertion. An even easier way, just use Wichu's Sprite Editor: The Advance Series. It does the pallettes for you and will also do shiny pallettes very easily.

Edit: I see you've already used Wichu's but your giant text prevented me from seeing the first part of your message. No kidding. Give it another try. The problem is that your images will have to share the same pallette before going into Wichu's sprite editor.
sorry for the giant letter, and thanks, ill give it a try later
  #23966    
Old February 22nd, 2013, 11:24 AM
SporreKing
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
I'm just going to tell you how to add a new OW. First, never use the hero data for an OW template, pick a regular OW. Now, copy and paste the data that the pointer in our first table points to (the one that begins FFFF10) to some free space. Create a pointer at end of our table to this new location.

Now, modify the ini file for NSE to reflect the new location of our table.

Next, open NSE and go into options and turn "Advanced Mode" on. Then go under boundaries and turn them all off.

Now you should be able to edit your new sprite, very similar to how it works in OWERE. Remember to repoint the sprite pointer so a new bank. NSE can create this new bank, the in a preference option in one of the menus.
Sorry if I sound noobish, I'm pretty new around... But how do I create the ini file?

Last edited by SporreKing; February 22nd, 2013 at 11:51 AM.
  #23967    
Old February 22nd, 2013, 11:57 AM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by SporreKing View Post
Sorry if I sound noobish, I'm pretty new around... But how do I create the ini file?
I forgot, NSE doesn't have one. Okay, open up the folder that cam with NSE Classic. Now, open the readme.txt file. There are instructions in it for making your own .ini.

Paired with Simba
  #23968    
Old February 22nd, 2013, 12:26 PM
SporreKing
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
I forgot, NSE doesn't have one. Okay, open up the folder that cam with NSE Classic. Now, open the readme.txt file. There are instructions in it for making your own .ini.
THANKS! I really want to thank you, I've been asking like 10 questions in the past two days and YOU have answered them all, even though they are at different threads. You've really helped me and others out. Just wanted to thank you for putting your time in charing experience by helping
  #23969    
Old February 22nd, 2013, 12:53 PM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by SporreKing View Post
THANKS! I really want to thank you, I've been asking like 10 questions in the past two days and YOU have answered them all, even though they are at different threads. You've really helped me and others out. Just wanted to thank you for putting your time in charing experience by helping
You're very welcome. I love answering questions so feel free to keep asking them. Have fun hacking!:D

Paired with Simba
  #23970    
Old February 22nd, 2013, 01:06 PM
LocksmithArmy's Avatar
LocksmithArmy
Mew!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Age: 25
Gender: Male
i have 2 odd situations going on...

1: i have map connection issues... when going from map 1 to map 2 it works fine... but when coming back they dont work... its like walking into a wall... the connection is there... looking at the header following the connection offset the hex info for the connection (its straight forward) is also correct... I cant find any reason y it wouldnt work...

2: I added a map bank 43... and have added 20 maps to it... it seems anything over 18 i cant warp to... i get black screens... there are no events on the map, no map scritps... no reason for it to do anything other than warp me to where i wanna go... but it dont

both these things work in advance map... by double clicking the warp i get warped... and by following the map connection it goes where its supposed to go...

all other map connections ive made have worked fine... and all other warps from the map im working with work fine (its the main town map so there are alot of warps)

is there a max warp per map? is there something im missing... just any ideas would help cause from looking at the code it seems right...
  #23971    
Old February 22nd, 2013, 02:20 PM
SporreKing
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
I have another question I have repointed my sprite-table, but how can i repoint the palette-table? I am importing a sprite from emerald and have to use a palette from there, but i don't know how to add new palettes Links to guides are strongly appreciated
  #23972    
Old February 22nd, 2013, 02:34 PM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by SporreKing View Post
I have another question I have repointed my sprite-table, but how can i repoint the palette-table? I am importing a sprite from emerald and have to use a palette from there, but i don't know how to add new palettes Links to guides are strongly appreciated
This is the only tutorial, but it require JPAN's engine. I know how to do it without, you just have to repoint the pallette table which is at 3A5158, then add more pallettes are set up in an 8 byte format:
Pointer (4bytes)-pallette number (1byte)-11-00-00. The origional table ends at 3A51E7 and there are three pointers to the origional table that need to be changed. Just search for 58513A08 and change all of the results.

Paired with Simba
  #23973    
Old February 22nd, 2013, 02:37 PM
LocksmithArmy's Avatar
LocksmithArmy
Mew!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
This is the only tutorial, but it require JPAN's engine. I know how to do it without, you just have to repoint the pallette table which is at 3A5158, then add more pallettes are set up in an 8 byte format:
Pointer (4bytes)-pallette number (1byte)-11-00-00. The origional table ends at 3A51E7 and there are three pointers to the origional table that need to be changed. Just search for 58513A08 and change all of the results.
the idea is the same... you dont really need jpans engine... I used that tut sucessfully without having that engine its just a lil more work and creativity is all...
  #23974    
Old February 22nd, 2013, 02:42 PM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
i have 2 odd situations going on...

1: i have map connection issues... when going from map 1 to map 2 it works fine... but when coming back they dont work... its like walking into a wall... the connection is there... looking at the header following the connection offset the hex info for the connection (its straight forward) is also correct... I cant find any reason y it wouldnt work...

2: I added a map bank 43... and have added 20 maps to it... it seems anything over 18 i cant warp to... i get black screens... there are no events on the map, no map scritps... no reason for it to do anything other than warp me to where i wanna go... but it dont

both these things work in advance map... by double clicking the warp i get warped... and by following the map connection it goes where its supposed to go...

all other map connections ive made have worked fine... and all other warps from the map im working with work fine (its the main town map so there are alot of warps)

is there a max warp per map? is there something im missing... just any ideas would help cause from looking at the code it seems right...
1. Can you go back and forth in A-map?

2. Sometimes maps get corrupted. Just insert the new maps that don't work into a new map bank and change everything to point to there new locations. Then everything should work.

Paired with Simba
  #23975    
Old February 22nd, 2013, 03:21 PM
SporreKing
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
This is the only tutorial, but it require JPAN's engine. I know how to do it without, you just have to repoint the pallette table which is at 3A5158, then add more pallettes are set up in an 8 byte format:
Pointer (4bytes)-pallette number (1byte)-11-00-00. The origional table ends at 3A51E7 and there are three pointers to the origional table that need to be changed. Just search for 58513A08 and change all of the results.
Thx once again KarateKid552! I'll try it when i get home from my vaccation ;D
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 07:51 AM.

About Us
© 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com. Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.

Copyright
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com. PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator. Header artwork by Jordanice of deviantART.

Social Media
If you would like to stay up-to-date with us on the go, when we're down, or other such things, follow us on social media sites--most notibly Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus--by clicking on the links provided.

Design presented by Peitharchia. Special thanks to Hiroshi Sotomura and Ausaudriel.