The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 22nd, 2013, 04:38 PM
Iny Gage
Forum Dweller.

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman765 View Post
@ Iny Gage: Your personality is fine but your history should be longer. Like Yellow said with Ice, try to make it at least 350 words long. We haven't updated the first page to put down that rule. We might change the 10 line rule because 10 lines could be different based on the site format someone chooses so it could be confusing. Good progress so far though.
Okay, I was kinda goin for a bit of an unremarkable back-story but Ill admit I probably Skipped a few details...
I did it early in the morning in note pad because I was having issues registering this account, that's why the god awful formatting. This should be a bit better.

*Btw I'm a bit new at RP, I'm fine keeping in character but I have problems Fleshing out my posts sometimes*

History: Born and raised in Lavaridge town she was the first daughter of two trainers Lex Gage and Martha Cally. She has a 7 year old younger brother by the name of Kyle, They get along alright but she still thinks he is annoying.

Both her and Her brother are being taught about their Pokemon by their parents. Iny herself receiving a Vulpix egg. It hatched rather quickly thanks to the town's natural hot springs and To her mother's sugestion named her Cally after her mother's maiden name Despite having no idea what that was at the time.

When she was Nine years old her father took her out into the tall grass for the first time to teach her about wild Pokemon. There she found a Tailow and with her fathers help caught it. Shortly after she named it Tiba. He was a bit shy at first but they eventually warmed up to each other becoming a great partner to Cally.

On her 10th birthday she received her invitation To Gary oak's Trainer school and begged her parents to go, They on the other hand didnt want to see her go just yet, Used the excuse that she didnt know enough about her Pokemon and they could get hurt, while the true reason being that they just didnt want to see her go. This backfired tremendously as she worked day and night contently pestering her dad to teach her more and more. After about a year they finally caved in and on her eleventh birthday told her she could go.

They Headed out for Slateport city the next day where they planned on taking the boat there. Right before leaving Her parents gave her a small collection of Rawst and Oran berries figuring that Cally may cause more than a few burns while there and then saw their only daughter off.

As a result of her parent's teaching She knows well of the Strength's and weaknesses of her own team, although not traveling much she also doesn't know much about other Pokemon, the only ones being the townfolk's Pokemon and the local wild Pokemon. She has allot to learn while here and plans on giving it her best!
Old February 22nd, 2013, 04:45 PM
Megaman765
Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iny Gage View Post
Okay, I was kinda goin for a bit of an unremarkable back-story but Ill admit I probably Skipped a few details...
I did it early in the morning in note pad because I was having issues registering this account, that's why the god awful formatting. This should be a bit better.

*Btw I'm a bit new at RP, I'm fine keeping in character but I have problems Fleshing out my posts sometimes*

History: Born and raised in Lavaridge town she was the first daughter of two trainers Lex Gage and Martha Cally. She has a 7 year old younger brother by the name of Kyle, They get along alright but she still thinks he is annoying.

Both her and Her brother are being taught about their Pokemon by their parents. Iny herself receiving a Vulpix egg. It hatched rather quickly thanks to the town's natural hot springs and To her mother's sugestion named her Cally after her mother's maiden name Despite having no idea what that was at the time.

When she was Nine years old her father took her out into the tall grass for the first time to teach her about wild Pokemon. There she found a Tailow and with her fathers help caught it. Shortly after she named it Tiba. He was a bit shy at first but they eventually warmed up to each other becoming a great partner to Cally.

On her 10th birthday she received her invitation To Gary oak's Trainer school and begged her parents to go, They on the other hand didnt want to see her go just yet, Used the excuse that she didnt know enough about her Pokemon and they could get hurt, while the true reason being that they just didnt want to see her go. This backfired tremendously as she worked day and night contently pestering her dad to teach her more and more. After about a year they finally caved in and on her eleventh birthday told her she could go.

They Headed out for Slateport city the next day where they planned on taking the boat there. Right before leaving Her parents gave her a small collection of Rawst and Oran berries figuring that Cally may cause more than a few burns while there and then saw their only daughter off.

As a result of her parent's teaching She knows well of the Strength's and weaknesses of her own team, although not traveling much she also doesn't know much about other Pokemon, the only ones being the townfolk's Pokemon and the local wild Pokemon. She has allot to learn while here and plans on giving it her best!
Its cool. If I recall, I think my own characters history is a tad short as well now that I think about it. I might have to go back and update it so I don't come off as a hypocrite. Anyways your Accepted.

Trainer Academy RP Pokemon
Snype (Sableye)- Lv. 52- Detect, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Low Sweep, Foul Play, Taunt (Ability: Keen Eye)
Commodore (Porygon-Z)- Lv. 55 -Signal beam, Conversion 2, Recover, Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Trick Room (Ability: Trace)
Len (Poliwraith)- Lv. 53- Bubblebeam, Brick Break, Dig, Belly Drum, Sleep Talk, Rest (Ability: Water Absorb)
Able (Ninjask)- Lv. 45 - Fury Cutter, Slash, Double Team, Protect, Baton Pass, Swords Dance (Ability: Speed Boost)
Kara (Gligar) Lv. 29 Acrobatics, Substitute, Fury Cutter, Knock Off, Slash,Toxic (Ability: Poison Heal)
Xerox (Ditto) Lv. 32 Transform (Ability: Imposter)

(In Box)
Shedinja- Lv. 35 Fury Swipes, Confuse Ray, Sand attack, Leech Life, Mind Reader, Scratch (Ability: Wonder Guard)
Old February 22nd, 2013, 05:11 PM
Iny Gage
Forum Dweller.

Quote:
Its cool. If I recall, I think my own characters history is a tad short as well now that I think about it. I might have to go back and update it so I don't come off as a hypocrite. Anyways your Accepted.
Alright awesome! Ill start thinking up my intro post!
And for the record, You will probably wanna update that 10 lines thing, After looking at my history post in which I barely made 350 there is no way at all you could fit 350 words in 10 lines. Well, Unless you use all 1-3 letter words : /

Is there anything I should know before I start? More specifically the time of day, time of year, drop off point.

Last edited by Iny Gage; February 22nd, 2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 05:47 PM
Megaman765
Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Its currently Thanksgiving in the academy right now. Time in here is pretty broad and kind of hard to keep track of. But the day is pretty close to ending at this point. But yeah we'll probably update the first page pretty soon.

Trainer Academy RP Pokemon
Snype (Sableye)- Lv. 52- Detect, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Low Sweep, Foul Play, Taunt (Ability: Keen Eye)
Commodore (Porygon-Z)- Lv. 55 -Signal beam, Conversion 2, Recover, Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Trick Room (Ability: Trace)
Len (Poliwraith)- Lv. 53- Bubblebeam, Brick Break, Dig, Belly Drum, Sleep Talk, Rest (Ability: Water Absorb)
Able (Ninjask)- Lv. 45 - Fury Cutter, Slash, Double Team, Protect, Baton Pass, Swords Dance (Ability: Speed Boost)
Kara (Gligar) Lv. 29 Acrobatics, Substitute, Fury Cutter, Knock Off, Slash,Toxic (Ability: Poison Heal)
Xerox (Ditto) Lv. 32 Transform (Ability: Imposter)

(In Box)
Shedinja- Lv. 35 Fury Swipes, Confuse Ray, Sand attack, Leech Life, Mind Reader, Scratch (Ability: Wonder Guard)
Old February 22nd, 2013, 05:50 PM
Iny Gage
Forum Dweller.

Quote:
Its currently Thanksgiving in the academy right now. Time in here is pretty broad and kind of hard to keep track of. But the day is pretty close to ending at this point. But yeah we'll probably update the first page pretty soon.
Okay! Its helpful to know that the OP is updated.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 06:37 PM
siiadams
Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866

Nature: Quiet
@synthet Well, too bad my intro to you was brief...I'm sure he'll be more lively when he regains consciousness.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Pokemon Training Academy - Shawn Williams (Sting *in box*, Cactuar, Zapper, Shiva, Pyra, Rocky, Crash)
Old February 23rd, 2013, 12:29 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
@Iny Gage: That's exactly why we're trying to move away from the word lines. People using itty bitty screens wind up making SUs that are way too short, when we had larger screens in mind when we set the limits. But yeah. We've been discussing changes to the SU templates for a bit now and it's probably about time we changed them. But yes. The OP is to be trusted at all times. If there's ever an error on there it needs to be fixed right away. (As per my own standards. )
Old February 23rd, 2013, 03:47 AM
Iny Gage
Forum Dweller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
@Iny Gage: That's exactly why we're trying to move away from the word lines. People using itty bitty screens wind up making SUs that are way too short, when we had larger screens in mind when we set the limits. But yeah. We've been discussing changes to the SU templates for a bit now and it's probably about time we changed them. But yes. The OP is to be trusted at all times. If there's ever an error on there it needs to be fixed right away. (As per my own standards. )
I actually have a fairly large screen for a laptop, although I keep it zoomed out pretty far. Keeps everything about the same size as previous forums ive been on.

And is it bad that I just now finally confirmed SU stands for Signups?
Old February 23rd, 2013, 03:47 AM
Drago Dragonite
General of the Dragons' Army

Nature: Sassy
@Iny Gage: Hey, can Daniel interact with your character? I know I'm changing ideas a lot, but I finally see someone that is Daniel's age!

"The world is gigantic, with lots of secrets and mysteries.I understand why you want to explore it. Finding something in the world is like finding a needle in a haystack, but I sweared to protect you until the end of time, so I will always have a way to find you."

HAPPY LAVENDER TOWN DAY...
Old February 23rd, 2013, 03:56 AM
Iny Gage
Forum Dweller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago Dragonite View Post
@Iny Gage: Hey, can Daniel interact with your character? I know I'm changing ideas a lot, but I finally see someone that is Daniel's age!
Yes please! That's why I kept it open ended like that.
And Arnt the students supposed to be 10-15? Shouldn't a good deal of us be in the same age range?
Old February 23rd, 2013, 04:24 AM
Drago Dragonite

Yeah... Actually, your character is the first 12-year older I meet. Mostly are 14-15, so its pretty hard to someone below that ages to interact.

"The world is gigantic, with lots of secrets and mysteries.I understand why you want to explore it. Finding something in the world is like finding a needle in a haystack, but I sweared to protect you until the end of time, so I will always have a way to find you."

Old February 23rd, 2013, 04:32 AM
Iny Gage
Forum Dweller.

Quote:
Yeah... Actually, your character is the first 12-year older I meet. Mostly are 14-15, so its pretty hard to someone below that ages to interact.
Derp, Ment to change that to 11.
I mostly reweote my backstory when I was told it was too short and forgot to change the age : /
Old February 23rd, 2013, 04:35 AM
Drago Dragonite

No problem, it isn't that big of a change. I also forgot what age was Daniel, either 11 or 12. Anyway, I posted !

Old February 23rd, 2013, 04:42 AM
Iny Gage
Forum Dweller.

Quote:
No problem, it isn't that big of a change. I also forgot what age was Daniel, either 11 or 12. Anyway, I posted !
Alright, And for the record I must detest you for a second here...
/detest
I play a bit on Pokemon Showdown and Dragons cause Quite a few problems for my team.
Now that im Finally making a legit team, Im gonna have even more problems with my heatran not having HP ice.

Last edited by Iny Gage; February 23rd, 2013 at 04:48 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 04:58 AM
Drago Dragonite

Sorry there :‹, not my fault .

Old February 23rd, 2013, 05:05 AM
Iny Gage
Forum Dweller.

Quote:
Sorry there :‹, not my fault .
Eh, Just one of the downsides of running a sun team, I was thinking bout adding a ditto anyway so that should help my problems at least somewhat.
No offence to you, I probably should have made that clear. Sorry.

Last edited by Iny Gage; February 23rd, 2013 at 05:32 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 06:14 AM
Drago Dragonite

Its ok, no problem. Most dragon types also give me headaches. That is why I do not want to remember Lance >.<.

Old February 23rd, 2013, 06:18 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
I just noticed the "New" tag in this RP's name and I was wondering what that is all about. Does that represent a new day/semester or what? I was curious because I'm considering joining.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 06:25 AM
Nideous
The world refused to change...

Nature: Gentle
No, the new tag was put there to keep this OOC thread from being confused with the old one. Jackblaze originally made this RP, which included the old OOC thread, but when Yellow and Megaman took over they needed to be able to edit the first post, so they created this OOC thread and transferred the info over from the old one, as well as adding their own elements as time went one. Thus this is the NEW OOC as opposed to the OLD OOC that was created by Jackblaze. That being said I am more than certain there is still room in this RP. x3

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )
Old February 23rd, 2013, 06:34 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Ah I see, well I'll wait for a GM to get back to me, thanks

Edit: Since there appears to be plenty of room can I sign-up as a teacher first, I'd like to reuse an old/recurring character of mine.

Last edited by gimmepie; February 23rd, 2013 at 06:50 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 11:41 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
@gimmiepie: Nideous is right. The (NEW!) in the title is a relic from when there were 2 PTA OOCs visible on the Roleplay Lounge. I can't really remove it now, so. But yeah. Feel free! Teacher spots are numerous.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 02:43 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Alright here is my SU

Spoiler:

Name: Zayne Alta

Nickname: None as of yet

Sex: Male

Job: Practical Battling

Appearance: Zayne is of a fairly thin (but not ridiculously skinny) build and stands tall at about 6’3”. He is white with a naturally pale complexion that has been slightly tanned due to long journeys, this makes his complexion appear fairly normal although possibly slightly paler than most. Zayne has simple, brown eyes that don’t give off any real sign of depth in fact, his gaze has been described as stony and he has red/maroon, straight hair that he wears fairly long at the back (coming to maybe a bit over a quarter of the way down his neck) and sides (the hair falls around his ears but mostly behind) and mostly short at the front save for his fringe which is fairly long and angles naturally to the left. His default expression is frowning or stoic but that hides his true personality.

Zayne prefers drab colours such as black, greys and white although he often wears red also. Zaynes outfit usually consists of charcoal grey cargo pants and a simple black T-shirt. Over this shirt he either wears a jacket in the same colour of his pants, but with two darker vertical stripes on the front (usually worn open) and a paler grey collar or a trench coat in a similar colour. He usually wears shoes incorporating these colours and red and is typically seen with a special belt or a pouch at his waste (or sometimes a bag) to carry useful battle items and pokeballs. He wears angled glasses and a simple silver chain around his right wrist.

On formal, business or important occasions Zayne wears a suit in the same colour scheme (without a tie usually due to an intense hatred of them).

Personality: : Zayne is a primarily quiet person whose general lack of expression (certainly a happy expression) hides his surprisingly friendly, albeit serious personality. Although, saying he is series all the time would be wrong since he has a dry, sarcastic humour which often slips through into his conversations. Zayne is always respectful, although saying he is polite is going a bit far since he prefers not to practice formal speech unless it is necessary and is generally a very tolerant person but when you make him angry it is very much a “mess with a tauros and you get the horns” situation. He believes heavily that you should always treat people you don’t know well with respect but that if you lose someone’s respect earning it back should be hard work.

Despite having been on many adventures Zayne likes to feel at home wherever he lives and is really an academic at heart. He studies things he is interested in intently and often writes theoretical journals of his own, practices that show through when he battles. Sometimes unfortunately though, he is very much a perfectionist and a strong believer in the values of hard work. Whilst he always strives for a high standard a downfall of his is that he expects others to share a similar work ethic and is harsh towards those that don’t live up to their potential, sometimes this includes himself.

Zayne is surprisingly competitive at times and is a skilled, albeit aggressive battler who often implements his rather expansive knowledge into his battling.

History: : Zayne’s life could be considered eventful, or not overly eventful depending on how you look at it. He is anative of the Hoenn region being born in Oldale Town a small town situated between Littleroot Town and Petalburg City. His parents own the towns Pokemart and are both experienced battlers.

He started his journey with a charmander given to him as a gift by his parents and after travelling through the Hoenn region he competed in the regions league placing well but not succeeding in securing the championship. He creating a secret base on route 115 and spends a lot of time training there in solitude with the few other trainers who ever turn up there.

After his training had continued for a while Zayne travelled to Sinnoh, his favourite of the regions he had travelled to where after arriving in Canalave City he began taking on the regions gyms and league again being fairly successful. Zaynes travels continued in this manner for a long time as he competed in the Kanto, Johto and Unova leagues as well before retaking the Hoenn league and winning his only ever championship which he quickly abdicated as he had no intention of remaining in Hoenn, instead he chose to move to Sinnoh where he has lived in Veilstone (up until now) although he did often visit his family and secret base back in Hoenn.

Shortly before discovering the open position at the Academy Zayne had began to become bored with his dull everyday life and wanted to increase his knowledge and share it with others, upon hearing of the open teaching position he found it seemed like the ideal way to do achieve this goal.

Pokemon: Despite having caught several pokemon in his time as a trainer Zayne has chosen not to bring many with him to the island instead giving them a rest and choosing to primarily catch and train from the island's own diverse ecosystem.

1. Aura the Lucario (Male)

Personality: Aura is mostly a quiet pokemon liking to sit and watch but is very loyal to his trainer and is a very skilled and fierce competitor.
Lv 50
Aura Sphere, Psychic, Extreme Speed, Calm Mind, Dark Pulse, Detect

2. Andromeda the Staraptor (Female)

Personality: Andromeda is almost the polar opposite of Aura. She likes to be active and is very outgoing, occasionally aggressive. She is very determined and a veteran of many battles.
Lv 48
Arial Ace, Brave Bird, Close Combat, Facade, Double Team, Final Gambit

3. Ignis the Charizard (Male)

Personality: Ignis is fearless and gruff but can be quite affectionate/friendly when it knows you well or is coaxed by Zayne who Ignis was starter to. Ignis hates to lose and has an unshakable trust in his long-term companion. Not surprisingly he hates water.
Lv 50
Flamethrower, Air Slash, Smokescreen, Focus Blast, Dragon Pulse, Thunder Punch

I'll add images of his pokemon and maybe of him later but that's all the important stuff.

Last edited by gimmepie; February 24th, 2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 02:48 PM
Iny Gage
Forum Dweller.

Quick Question, Quotes, Yay or Nay? I'm used to them from other forums as a way to directly respond to someone but I don't see many other people using them.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 03:50 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Nature: Calm
Proffessor Yew, 2.0:
Spoiler:

Name: Steven Yew

Nickname: Yew

Sex: Male

Job: Pokemon Mythology

Appearance:

Personality: Calm and collected most of the time, Yew is what most would call an ideal teacher. However, once you get to knowing him, Yew is slightly spontaneous, and acts a bit younger than he is. Yew is strict when it comes to punishment, at least for grave infractions, but is reasonably lenient with his classes otherwise. He loves engaging his students with fun activities and many field trips, but still resorts to textbooks on occasion. Yew is mostly outspoken when it comes to personal issues, but is more likely to just change the subject. It has come to Yew's beliefs during his travels that friendship is the strongest force in existence. When it comes to field studies, Yew is very serious, and focused beyond anything. He tends to get a small bit overexcited when he makes a discovery, no matter how small. Yew has come to find that he enjoys the company of his Pokemon more than people, but it hasn't been a hindrance as of yet.

History: Yew grew up on on one of the Orange Islands. He went to a school there, and one of his teachers greatly inspired him to become one himself. When he graduated, he was given a Kirlia, which he raised with much affection. Naming her Tetra, they went on a region-spanning adventure, on which they aquired Ice, a quite abnormally colored Scizor. Finished in the Orange Islands, Yew went to the newly discovered Sinnoh region, intent on becoming a champion in the newly formed league. While in Sinnoh, he met a Luxray, which he caught and befriended in almost record time. Eventually, he did acheive his dream, and reigned as Champion for a time. As a reward, he was given a Chimchar, which Yew decided to nicname Char. Char soon evolved, and Yew decided to travel to Hoenn. Traveling through the region, he met many trainers, and made many friends. While he was there, he found an interesting myth about the continental pokemon. One thing led to another, and he was soon involved with the study of all three of the legendaries. Soon after, he returned home. Giving up his position as champion in Sinnoh, Yew began studying Pokemon myths in immense detail. Many years later, Yew was still looking into these myths, especially those about the three Hoenn legendaries. He made many discoveries, to the point of being considered an expert in the in the field of study. He had just returned from a field study when he was requested to teach a history course at the school that he had long since graduated from. Accepting the job, Yew soon became a favorite to both students and coworkers. He taught for another two years before getting a letter from an old friend that he had met at the Sinnoh Elite Four. Gary asked him to come teach at his new academy. Yew packed, and was on the first boat that would go to the island for a reasonable price. After a few weeks of the job, Yew soon discovered that the island was quite rich in historical artifacts. Many of the tunnels that laced the mountainous center of the island contained signs of ancient life on the island. Due to this, Yew usually spends his time out of the classroom in the field. Occasionally, he brings interested students, but most of the time is only accompanied by his Pokemon.

Pokémon:

1)
-Species:Gardevoir
-Nickname: Tetra
-Personality: Tetra is hardworking, and will do almost anything for Yew. She is funny, and will crack many jokes. She is overly serious when Yew or herself are in danger, and will take matters into her own hands, even if Yew has a better plan. She makes a habit of rarely trusting anyone with anything important.
-Lvl: 50
-Moveset: Psychic; Hypnosis; Dream Eater; Psyshock; Light Screen; Recover

2)
-Species: Scizor
-Nickname: Ice
-Personality: Ice is haughty, and thinks of himself as the strongest Pokemon on Yew's team. While this isn't true, Ice still tries to prove it at every opportunity. He is aggressive towards anyone that aproaches Yew while he is out of his Pokeball, but can be calmed quickly.
-Lvl: 47
-Moveset: X-Scissor; Agility; Fury Cutter; Guillotine; Seismic Toss; Bug Bite

3)
-Species: Luxray
-Personality: Luxray is quiet, and loves to run. He thinks of battles as games, and will try to be playful with the opponent between commands. Luxray is trusting of others, and is an attention hog.
-Lvl: 45
-Moveset: Thunder; Thunder Fang; Glare; Swagger; Hone Claws; Night Slash

4)
-Species: Monferno
-Nickname: Char
-Personality: Char is the other wisecrack of the team. He will play many pranks, and gets away with most of them. He loves riddles, and will have many competitions with the rest of the team. he is very strategic, placing his hits in the most effective positions.
-Lvl: 45
-Moveset: Mach Punch; Fire Blast; Blaze Kick; Double Kick; Slash; Agility

Last edited by IceFyr1928; February 23rd, 2013 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Darn apple product...
Old February 24th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Nideous
The world refused to change...

Nature: Gentle
Oh snap Jen just dissed Oak!

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links