The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #176    
Old January 21st, 2013 (10:32 PM).
G.U.Y.'s Avatar
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
Of course you can, Landorus! The Retail Workers Union welcomes anybody in a customer service industry (or just really anyone who wants to ***** about their job )



Haha I've heard people *****ing about that before! We don't have that problem at Liquorland though, because we have scanny guns that we're always holding. We don't just swipe it over that pad thing. But it does seem really obnoxious lmao.

Also I have some news about my job that for once isn't *****ing! I... got promoted. I got a call randomly on Thursday from my manager saying that there was an assistant manager position at a neighbouring store and that it was mine if I wanted it. I love my store and I don't want to leave, but the job security and extra money that comes with a full-time job isn't something that you can really pass up. So yeah, I'm really excited! :D
Yay <3

Congrats on that boo! We're in the same boat, a couple days ago my store manager came up to me and asked out of nowhere "So Steve, when do you want to start training to become an Assistant?" I was completely caught of guard lol. I just got promoted to Shift Lead Manager (hourly position in charge of crew) and only a few months later I am being promoted to Assistant (salary in charge of the shift leads). Woop!
Reply With Quote
  #177    
Old January 24th, 2013 (03:09 AM).
Impo's Avatar
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Two days ago someone called up the store and said that I packed her bags so well that Management gave me a box of chocolates :3

it was nice
__________________

3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu

Reply With Quote
  #178    
Old January 24th, 2013 (03:42 AM).
vaporeon7's Avatar
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Congrats on the promotion Rai!

So today a family can though the checkouts with 12 trolleys full of reduced Christmas hampers. In the end there was like 65 hampers. I was so close to having to serve them too.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #179    
Old January 24th, 2013 (04:36 AM).
Impo's Avatar
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
Congrats on the promotion Rai!

So today a family can though the checkouts with 12 trolleys full of reduced Christmas hampers. In the end there was like 65 hampers. I was so close to having to serve them too.
Oh that would suck

I remember I had 5 minutes left in one shift and a guys comes through with a trolley so I was like "sure okay"

and then he pulled 4 more from behind the drinks cooler thing and someone had to take over after I was 10 minutes late to clock off.

$1200 dollars later and asdfghjkl
__________________

3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu

Reply With Quote
  #180    
Old January 24th, 2013 (07:32 PM).
G.U.Y.'s Avatar
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impo View Post
Oh that would suck

I remember I had 5 minutes left in one shift and a guys comes through with a trolley so I was like "sure okay"

and then he pulled 4 more from behind the drinks cooler thing and someone had to take over after I was 10 minutes late to clock off.

$1200 dollars later and asdfghjkl
This happens almost every day to me. It's time for me to clock out, my replacement is late, and I have to make someone's $50 order.

Today we had some lady call and cuss me out because the cashier didn't give them sauce. Lady, you need to ask! We're not psychic. After demanding corporate's number and hanging up, she called back an hour later saying "Hey, I found my sauce but now my food is cold can you replace it? My order was only $20."

lolno.

My boss is also trying to have a baby but she can't naturally because she had ovarian cancer. She's shoveling money at it I really hope she does get pregnant but it'll scare me when it happens. :/
Reply With Quote
  #181    
Old January 26th, 2013 (03:28 AM).
vaporeon7's Avatar
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I don't think I have ever got out of work on time when I finish at closing time. It's normally half an hour later. Today, my last customer asked my why I didn't have a girlfriend...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #182    
Old January 28th, 2013 (05:07 AM).
Sodom's Avatar
Sodom
with a capital Y.
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landorus
Congrats on that boo! We're in the same boat, a couple days ago my store manager came up to me and asked out of nowhere "So Steve, when do you want to start training to become an Assistant?" I was completely caught of guard lol. I just got promoted to Shift Lead Manager (hourly position in charge of crew) and only a few months later I am being promoted to Assistant (salary in charge of the shift leads). Woop!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impo
Two days ago someone called up the store and said that I packed her bags so well that Management gave me a box of chocolates :3

it was nice
Congrats, that's awesome both of you! So what I'm getting from this is that even though we all hate our jobs, we're all exceedingly good at them

On the subject of finishing late, our shifts always used to end when the store closed, but we'd still have to stay for an extra five or so minutes to close down the registers and get set the alarms and whatnot. Which was fine, nobody cared. Until somebody complained and now all our shifts are like 2:15-8:15 or something ridiculous like that, so we're paid for 15 minutes after closing. Which would be fantastic except for the fact that they actually expect us to stay there until 8:15 even if we've finished closing everything by 8:05.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I don't think I have ever got out of work on time when I finish at closing time. It's normally half an hour later. Today, my last customer asked my why I didn't have a girlfriend...
When I was asked that once, I responded with "oh my boyfriend wouldn't like that."
__________________

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Reply With Quote
  #183    
Old January 28th, 2013 (01:50 PM).
EvilSkittles's Avatar
EvilSkittles
Lord of the kitchen
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tupelo, MS
Gender: Female
Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to EvilSkittles
Why is it so ridiculously hard to get a restaurant job at this time of the year? I swear.
Waitressing, cashier, I will do anything but people are only hiring for the back of the house which I don't have enough experience to work in. My Serve Safe makes me more qualified than most you would find back there but apparently doesn't give me enough to be hired.
Reply With Quote
  #184    
Old January 29th, 2013 (09:52 AM).
G.U.Y.'s Avatar
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSkittles View Post
Why is it so ridiculously hard to get a restaurant job at this time of the year? I swear.
Waitressing, cashier, I will do anything but people are only hiring for the back of the house which I don't have enough experience to work in. My Serve Safe makes me more qualified than most you would find back there but apparently doesn't give me enough to be hired.
Are you applying to places near a college/school district? Usually places do all their hiring in the Summer to have the staff fully trained for the busy months when school is in if they are near schools.
Reply With Quote
  #185    
Old January 31st, 2013 (10:53 AM).
EvilSkittles's Avatar
EvilSkittles
Lord of the kitchen
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tupelo, MS
Gender: Female
Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to EvilSkittles
Luckily no college but there is a massive school district, especially the high school. My schedule is set up so that I'm free during the day when the others won't be, still hasn't worked yet.
Reply With Quote
  #186    
Old February 4th, 2013 (06:28 AM).
Sodom's Avatar
Sodom
with a capital Y.
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
The best advice I can give is volunteer to work the first week for free. People love free work, and if you do a good job they may just hire you. Someone just needs to give you a shot so you can get experience.
__________________

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Reply With Quote
  #187    
Old February 5th, 2013 (01:39 PM).
G.U.Y.'s Avatar
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
Thursday someone ran over our speaker so we couldn't take DT orders at the speaker. They had to pull to the window and order. The person who hit it just ran, which really sucks for them. They're on camera and it's a felony and we are pressing charges. They'll have to pay for it, and if they're a student they'll lose all their federal aide because they'll be charged with a felony.

Friday some guy started stripping in the dining room and he got arrested. 8 police cars and 2 ambulances.

Saturday was relatively normal.

Sunday we had 4 call offs. Not really call offs, but they said "Hey my car broke down I'll be late!" and then ignored all our calls afterwards. JUST SAY YOU CAN'T COME IN. Now they're all getting put on their final notice and if they get in any trouble again they'll be fired.

Monday was free churro day. Everyone could get a free one. Keep in mind that it takes about two minutes to make one. Whoever thought this was a good idea needs to die.

This week sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSkittles View Post
Luckily no college but there is a massive school district, especially the high school. My schedule is set up so that I'm free during the day when the others won't be, still hasn't worked yet.
During the day will probably be the least likely available position. They're slower during the daytime and busier at night and there are probably parents who have kids who go to school nearby and work there for convenience during the day.
Reply With Quote
  #188    
Old February 22nd, 2013 (01:32 PM).
Mochi's Avatar
Mochi
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
I'm really nervous and really excited!!

I haven't posted here lately because I left my job in December, but I got a call from one of my former co-workers/assistant manager today, he just left me a voicemail saying that they're short handed right now and if I'd want to work a day or two.

I REALLY want to go back, I already made it known with everyone that I'd be returning in the summer to work (which is probably why they called me, I guess?) but I'm just afraid if they're short handed, they might try to put too many hours on me like last time, which is what interfered with my schoolwork... and I don't want to take a risk this time, cause I'm making all As and a couple Bs in my classes so far.

But because I'm doing so well, maybe I can afford to work again? Argh, I'm not sure >< I really want to call back but I just want to like, decide for myself what to tell them, because I'm unsure about that myself. The store closes at 9 so I don't want to call any later than 8, and I don't want to call over the weekend because they're so busy then, too.

Honestly, I kind of want to take this opportunity to go back to them as an actual employee, not just a fill-in, now instead of waiting until summer.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #189    
Old February 22nd, 2013 (07:13 PM).
EvilSkittles's Avatar
EvilSkittles
Lord of the kitchen
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tupelo, MS
Gender: Female
Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to EvilSkittles
Things are looking up. I have an interview appointment at a pretty fancy restaurant who are looking for cooks that graduated from the Culinary I/Serve Safe program I completed.

I've never seen anything crazy like someone stripping but I have been one of those annoying kids that plays on the fastfood playground.

Edit:
I would call and be upfront about how many hours you can work.
Reply With Quote
  #190    
Old February 22nd, 2013 (08:03 PM).
Mochi's Avatar
Mochi
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
I actually went to the store cause it's so close to where I live to discuss my schedule with him, he seems totally flexible and even made it clear, "You can work one shift a week if you want, something is better than nothing."

I told him I only want to work 3 days max, I think I was pretty clear on that, he wrote down my availability schedule and I got my old company shirts back, my co-worker is going to text me a pic of the schedule tomorrow cx
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #191    
Old February 25th, 2013 (05:25 AM).
Puppeteer Mask's Avatar
Puppeteer Mask
Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Wait, this exists? Why did I find out about this club just now? I'm so in. I work at two different locations at a service center on the highway, a convenience store and a café and bakery. Both of them suck equally in different ways. The customers at the convenience store are particularly bad. I think people are usually mean-spirited and treat service workers like ****, but on the highway they're also cranky from the trip and from being cooped up in the car, they're probably craving something specific that we don't have, and the prices on the highway are naturally going to be higher than usual due to the "convenience". ...how I haven't hurt someone yet I'll never know.

A couple days ago, I had a long line of customers. The guy I was serving didn't have enough money, dropped everything, and walked off to go grab more. I can't cancel orders halfway through without getting in **** later, so I asked the other lady working if she could hop on her cash and ring customers through while I waited. I summarized the situation to the other customers, apologized, and waited for the idiot to come back with money. He paid, left, and then the NEXT FREAKING CUSTOMER I GET DOES THE SAME FREAKING THING AND WALKS OFF IN THE MIDDLE OF HER TRANSACTION BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH FREAKING MONEY.

Okay. Calm now. That wasn't even the worst part. APPEARANTLY the woman that was supposed to be served right after the first customer that walked out went to my managers and told them that I refused to serve her because she's Latino. ...what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landorus View Post
Friday some guy started stripping in the dining room and he got arrested. 8 police cars and 2 ambulances.
...

...

...

...was he at least hot? *shot*
__________________
Back after long, unwanted, unforseen Hiatus... Nothing worth noting in signature as of yet... : <
Reply With Quote
  #192    
Old February 25th, 2013 (04:33 PM).
Sodom's Avatar
Sodom
with a capital Y.
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landorus
Friday some guy started stripping in the dining room and he got arrested. 8 police cars and 2 ambulances.
What the hell? Why did a guy stripping require 8 police cars? And why did it require any ambulances at all? Did the sight of his naked body start a riot in the dining room where people were injured climbing over each other to get to his fantastic physical form?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer Mask
That wasn't even the worst part. APPEARANTLY the woman that was supposed to be served right after the first customer that walked out went to my managers and told them that I refused to serve her because she's Latino. ...what?
Firstly, welcome!

Secondly, that may just be the funniest thing I have ever heard in my entire life lmfao. She didn't have enough money so she pulled the Latino card to get her stuff for free or something. It's so crafty I almost respect it.
__________________

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Reply With Quote
  #193    
Old February 25th, 2013 (06:11 PM).
Puppeteer Mask's Avatar
Puppeteer Mask
Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
Secondly, that may just be the funniest thing I have ever heard in my entire life lmfao. She didn't have enough money so she pulled the Latino card to get her stuff for free or something. It's so crafty I almost respect it.
Ah, I probably should've been a bit more specific. The woman that went to the managers and the second customer to walk out on me were two different people. Sorry to deflate some of the humour of it. >.<

But yeah, technically my managers HAVE to talk to me when they get a customer complaint, but the entire private "disciplinary" conversation was basically the two of us going:

"What? Just.... what?"

"How does that even..."

"I don't know.... I don't even know..."

"What would make her..."

"I don't know..."

"It doesn't even..."

"I don't know!"

"Me neither!"

"So I guess... don't do... whatever this is again?"

"Yeah... whatever this is."

"...what is it?"

"I don't even know."
__________________
Back after long, unwanted, unforseen Hiatus... Nothing worth noting in signature as of yet... : <
Reply With Quote
  #194    
Old February 27th, 2013 (07:40 PM).
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
I might as well join. I got set up for an interview at a Target hiring blitz today, so I'm heading off from school early to get ready. I'm really looking forward to getting the job, although I really hope I get a job in the Electronics Department. That would be just awesome.
__________________

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Reply With Quote
  #195    
Old March 1st, 2013 (10:54 AM).
Mochi's Avatar
Mochi
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
What the hell? Why did a guy stripping require 8 police cars? And why did it require any ambulances at all? Did the sight of his naked body start a riot in the dining room where people were injured climbing over each other to get to his fantastic physical form? :P
I'm guessing the ambulances were because they thought he had a serious mental disorder or something? Maybe they thought he was schizophrenic, but 8 police cars does seem overkill xD

Anyway, my first day back last weekend went pretty good, the mall has calmed down so much since I left during December, but it's hurting our sales drastically. Also, there's six people working there now including myself, one girl gave her two week notice but is pretty much not even coming anymore and another one is looking for another job since it's a 45 minute drive for her.

My manager hasn't even been there a month and I can tell he hasn't done retail before, he's done restaurant management but it's a little different. He seems pretty desperate to get more people in, and I'm just hoping he doesn't start hiring nutcases. He legitimately didn't see a reason as to why we couldn't hire a 16 year old, until my coworker pointed out the fact it's illegal to have a 16 year old working alone or something along those lines, and he shut up. :p
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #196    
Old March 17th, 2013 (05:59 AM).
Sodom's Avatar
Sodom
with a capital Y.
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Welcome Team Fail :D

It's been ages since you posted that, so I hope you got the job at Target!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzaleaLightning
My manager hasn't even been there a month and I can tell he hasn't done retail before, he's done restaurant management but it's a little different. He seems pretty desperate to get more people in, and I'm just hoping he doesn't start hiring nutcases. He legitimately didn't see a reason as to why we couldn't hire a 16 year old, until my coworker pointed out the fact it's illegal to have a 16 year old working alone or something along those lines, and he shut up. :p
The younger they are the cheaper they come, that's why he wanted a 16 year old . I'm sure if the cheapskates at my work were allowed to hire minors they'd do it too. The cost-cutting practices businesses try to do these days are just absolute overkill lol
__________________

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Reply With Quote
  #197    
Old March 17th, 2013 (11:17 AM).
Kura's Avatar
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Serious
As someone who looks relatively young, I often get ignored in retail stores even when employees clearly ask those around me.. but I feel this shouldn't be the case. Would you say that's too demanding of me because retail workers shouldn't feel they have to ask young adults based on the assumption they wont make a purchase?
__________________
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
Reply With Quote
  #198    
Old March 18th, 2013 (05:34 PM).
Puppeteer Mask's Avatar
Puppeteer Mask
Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
As someone who looks relatively young, I often get ignored in retail stores even when employees clearly ask those around me.. but I feel this shouldn't be the case. Would you say that's too demanding of me because retail workers shouldn't feel they have to ask young adults based on the assumption they wont make a purchase?
Hardly. Where I work we have to offer to help a customer even if it's obvious that they have no plans to buy anything. The level of youth that we don't provide this service for, well... if someone your age looks that young they must have a serious medical disorder. (And even then they usually come to us if they need something.)
__________________
Back after long, unwanted, unforseen Hiatus... Nothing worth noting in signature as of yet... : <
Reply With Quote
  #199    
Old March 24th, 2013 (06:44 AM).
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
Welcome Team Fail :D

It's been ages since you posted that, so I hope you got the job at Target!
Thanks c: I did get the job, and we've all been hard at work lately haha.
__________________

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Reply With Quote
  #200    
Old March 25th, 2013 (10:28 AM).
vaporeon7's Avatar
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
Thanks c: I did get the job, and we've all been hard at work lately haha.
Works at Target too~

I felt so sorry for one of my friends at work, she ad to put though $1100 of $2 and $3 baby reduced clothes. She was doing it for over half an hour.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 09:29 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.