The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 22nd, 2013, 04:56 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicness09 View Post
I would love to see a evolution of Primeape!! Were he evolves a bigger ape with human features to resemable evolution!
This wouldn't be bad! Though I do question the point when there are more useful fighting types like Conkuldurr and Lucario, etc. D:
Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:07 PM
Akatsuki Ten
As It Is

Nature: Calm
Along with my previous statement, there should be a pokemon that can evolve into either Pinsir or Heracross because they seem so similar. Tauros and Bouffalant as well.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:16 PM
MarinoKadame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatsuki Ten View Post
Along with my previous statement, there should be a pokemon that can evolve into either Pinsir or Heracross because they seem so similar. Tauros and Bouffalant as well.
You forgot avout Miltank.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:39 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Heracross and Pinsir at least have a chance to be within the same bug species. Tauros and Bauffalant aren't even related species wise. We have a chance that Miltank and Tauros can have a child together, although unlike Illumise/Volbeat and the Nidoran twins are the only two Pokemon sets that can produce Male and Female versions from either one. Meaning if you breed a Male Nidoran with Ditto you have a chance for either Male or Female to hatch and breeding the female with any compatible male Pokemon will give the Female or Male Nidoran. Volbeat and Illumise work the same. Volbeat + Ditto can give either Volbeat or Illumise (Gen 5 only) and Illumise bred with any compatible Pokemon = Illumise or Volbeat.

This is not true with Miltank and Tauros which honestly means that Gamefreak do not share with the players ideals that Mitank and Tauros are pairs. While I can see them adding a baby just to quell the raging fans...right now after this research I don't think Gamefreak acknowledges them as the same species of Pokemon like Nido and Illu/Vol.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:41 PM
Akatsuki Ten
As It Is

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoKadame View Post
You forgot avout Miltank.
Yeah, but Tauros and Bouffalant look almost identical. Just my opinion.

Last edited by Akatsuki Ten; February 22nd, 2013 at 09:47 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:48 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatsuki Ten View Post
Yeah, but Tauros and Bouffalant look almost identical. And besides Miltank is a cow, whereas Tauros and Bouffalant are both bulls.
Bouffalant is a Bison not a bull. He's closer in relation to a Yak than a male Non-milking cow. None of the Gen 5 copies are related to the older counterparts, one of which isn't even in the same breeding group as what it looked like it copied. Gamefreak covered the "Not related to" parts pretty well.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 10:04 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
How do stats prevent it from getting an evolution? Did GF ever say anything about that? They could make it faster, with some more attack, and a bit more special attack, no need to necessary raise it's defenses if they don't want to.

Speaking of defense how about a shuckle pre evolution?
It would be a weak but cute evolution in my opinion! Like, sure it would have great defensive stats, but I think it'd only be there for show and if it was introduced it'd seem like a kind of let down. :(

(Let down to me, that is!)
Old February 22nd, 2013, 10:18 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Well imagine if it had slightly lesser defensive stats, than give it evolite... a wall to beat all walls, now if only it's hp were better... A evolution to Shuckle maybe...
Also I want evolutions to Shedinja and Ninjask (Shedinja's HP can turn into Ninjask's base HP, as well as a faster, stronger bug that would drag pokémon to the abyss!). A Nincada line fan can dream.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 10:22 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Well imagine if it had slightly lesser defensive stats, than give it evolite... a wall to beat all walls, now if only it's hp were better... A evolution to Shuckle maybe...
Also I want evolutions to Shedinja and Ninjask (Shedinja's HP can turn into Ninjask's base HP, as well as a faster, stronger bug that would drag pokémon to the abyss!). A Nincada line fan can dream.
It'd probably still suck/make it complete set-up bait, really. Shuckle is pretty much set up bait as it is iirc, I'm not sure an evo would make it that much better. D: If it's offenses were better than maybe, but that would be overkill as that wouldn't be the Shuckle line's purpose anyway.

And well, I feel that Nincada pretty much had enough Pokemon added to it's line, seeing as evolving into Ninjask pretty much also splits it into Shedinja. That, and Ninjask is already one of the fastest Pokemon ever, and given a good swords dance, x-scissor can hurt like hell. That and it's pretty annoying with Baton Pass, so yeah, an evolution would make that whole line annoying as absolute heck. XD

A Shedinja evo would be interesting though! n_n Definitely curious about that one.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 01:02 AM
mysteryme
Togepi

I'm hoping for a (pre)evolution for Tauros, since I thought Bouffalant was one...

Also Pinsir should have an evolution, since scyther has one.
And what about a pre for Stantler?
Old February 23rd, 2013, 01:33 AM
Totodilesteel99
Lord of Awesomeness

Nature: Jolly
Excuse, me, Eeveelotion.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ok%C3%A9mon%29
Yep, Eevees got another evoluation
If you are wondering why you are receiving cookies it's because i feel like it.
If you still reading now your just stupid. ;D

Join my Forum!
pokemasters.freeforums.org

Old February 23rd, 2013, 03:43 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totodilesteel99 View Post
Excuse, me, Eeveelotion.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ok%C3%A9mon%29
Yep, Eevees got another evoluation
We've known this for a while, actually :3 Because of this we think chances are there will be more evolutions, too, and not just Eevee's line.

Also eviolite baby Shuckle with Magic Guard lgi.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 10:16 AM
Community Supporter

^Damn that pre shuckle would be scary...

How about an evolution to Yanmega? It can become bulkier, and have sharp wings that rip everything they touch (dex entry maybe?)
Old February 23rd, 2013, 12:59 PM
Nothing Is Real
It's all in the mind you know!

Quote:
^Damn that pre shuckle would be scary...

How about an evolution to Yanmega? It can become bulkier, and have sharp wings that rip everything they touch (dex entry maybe?)
Personally I think Yanmega is enough for Yanma's line. It already looks strong enough for a Dragonfly.

I think Chatot could do with an evolution. It's one of those Pokemon that doesn't look like a non-evolving Pokemon, but somehow is.
There's nobody there

Last edited by Nothing Is Real; February 23rd, 2013 at 01:09 PM.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 01:06 PM
Angelroid
Mud Attack!

I wouldn't mind, a evolution for Raticate & Marowak.

Old February 23rd, 2013, 01:52 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever
Yeah and it'd be like a rival to Claydol somewhat, in my opinion!
Quoting Nica's post from the New Pokemon Speculation thread, but speaking of Claydol, I'd really like it if it had an evolution of some sort. Reason being that, as awesome as Claydol is, it's really too slow to really perform effectively on the battlefield. That, and it's also too weak; it'll take quite a few CM boosts on Claydol's part to even be remotely threatening to anything. So in actuality, it's just kind of a floating, psychic blimp or something.

I know that Claydol looks like it's supposed to be defensive more than offensive, but I'm hoping it's evo brings about somewhat of a balance of both. Still emphasizing on defense, but giving it decent offenses as well, at least something to make effective use of Calm Mind, and increase it's speed so it'll actually be threatening and not be set up bait for anything that has substitute. x_x
Old February 23rd, 2013, 01:58 PM
Josscorpion
Unhatched Egg

I don't think that would work, the reason why I think so is because Raticate is similar to Watchog and they both don't have a stage 2 evo. So I really don't think they're going to do that.

I do kind of wish they did though.

Reply to: Angelroid.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 07:27 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josscorpion View Post
I don't think that would work, the reason why I think so is because Raticate is similar to Watchog and they both don't have a stage 2 evo. So I really don't think they're going to do that.

:( :( :( :(

I do kind of wish they did though.

Reply to: Angelroid.
Well Raticate is similar to a lot of early creatures (like Bidoof's evolution etc), but they're not really rivals so I can't see them NOT doing that honestly.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 07:31 PM
Antemortem
stealing away sins

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
I don't foresee an evolution to things like Marowak, as it's already pretty well-developed, and the same goes for mons like Scizor. What more is there to build on, really?
Old February 23rd, 2013, 07:41 PM
Forever
let it go

idk there is the thought of making Scizor an uber I guess, but that seems kind of a pointless task given it's great already.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 09:38 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing Is Real View Post
I think Chatot could do with an evolution. It's one of those Pokemon that doesn't look like a non-evolving Pokemon, but somehow is.
Sadly, Chatot will still be banned in official tournaments because of its signature move even with a new evolution.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 11:29 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Sadly, Chatot will still be banned in official tournaments because of its signature move even with a new evolution.
Well who knows, they can even remove Chatter from the default move that it has to have. Sure it'd be complicated but it'd allow it in official tournies!
Old February 24th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Nothing Is Real
It's all in the mind you know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Not everyone participates in official tournaments though (or are interested in what Smogon has to say). I'm just talking about in-game qualities.
There's nobody there
Old February 24th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Archeops12354
Smoochum

I think Gamefreak should make a Durant evolution.
Yes, I know everyone hates it, even I hate it, and that is EXACTLY why it needs a kickass evolution, so people will like it. This pokemon had a lot of potential (you know, being a bug/steel and all) but it was so annoying to encounter sometimes, and everyone hated it.
I think a kickass evolution will give this pokemon the popularity it deserves.

Gen 6.
Old February 24th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Community Supporter

Apparently I'm nobody as I do like Durant...howver I agree, an evolution would be cool, making it as helpful (hopefully) as the other Bug/Steel types. Oh and evolutions for Wormadam and Mophim (or however you spell it) too.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links