Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index



Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design
Reload this Page Geo's Pixels
Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old January 26th, 2013 (10:08 PM). Edited August 3rd, 2013 by geoisevil.
geoisevil's Avatar
geoisevil geoisevil is offline
Evil Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: WA
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 38

~Geo's Pixels~



Pokemon sprites
~These are some scratch sprites I've made of official Pokemon and are all free to use.~
Spoiler:


Tiles
~These are some tiles I have made for my own personal projects, and are also free for use as long as credit is given.~
Spoiler:



 






Misc. Pixel Art
~These are various pixel arts that I have either made for friends, or just for fun. These are not free to use, with the exception of the Fennekin icon.~
Spoiler:











My Fakemon Sprites
~These are sprites I have made of my own Fakemon, and they are not free to use without permission. However if you ask me politely in a pm and show me what project you would use them for, then there's I good chance of me giving permission.~
Spoiler:











Fakemon Sprite Tutorial
~ This is a quick Fakemon spriting tutorial I made using my current method. This way works best for me a lot of the time, but may not work as well for you. If you have questions please feel free to ask them, and I will try to answer as quickly as possible.~
Spoiler:




Pm me if you want to use or request something.
Attached Images
File Type: png new tutorial.png‎ (183.8 KB, 30 views) (Save to Dropbox)
.:Deviantart:.
.:Sprite Thread
  #2    
Old January 30th, 2013 (09:34 PM). Edited January 31st, 2013 by geoisevil.
geoisevil's Avatar
geoisevil geoisevil is offline
Evil Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: WA
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 38
Nade a fakemon sprite tutorial for those who need it :D

FAKEMON SPRITE TUTORIAL
Spoiler:
Attached Images
File Type: png new tutorial.png‎ (183.8 KB, 10 views) (Save to Dropbox)
.:Deviantart:.
.:Sprite Thread
  #3    
Old January 31st, 2013 (10:48 AM).
Esper's Avatar
Esper Esper is offline
CS
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Posts: 7,621
That's a way of making sprites that I've never really though of before - making the shape all one color first then adding in the white areas and black outlines later. I rather like that idea. I wonder if that could make it quicker to make a sprite, assuming you have an idea of what you want to make in the first place and have a rough idea of the shape it's going to be. I just wish the sprite in the tutorial wasn't all jpg'd. It looks good though, especially the colors you've picked.

deviantart blog pair
  #4    
Old January 31st, 2013 (11:14 AM).
geoisevil's Avatar
geoisevil geoisevil is offline
Evil Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: WA
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 38
Thanks it only looks jpg because for some reason this site shrunk it, I can attach the file so you can see it better if you want. I've only started using this method recently and found it makes a much nicer end result, at least in my own experience.
.:Deviantart:.
.:Sprite Thread
  #5    
Old February 1st, 2013 (04:44 AM).
C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f is offline
...
 
Join Date: May 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
Posts: 297
Amazing tiles, to start with. The Bank is really good, maybe make a Bigger Bank with Persian in it? The Arcanine tent is very nicely made, too. Unusual Fakemon tutorial, first the colours then the outlines. Oh well, I'll use it too, then. Try putting some more sprites, they are awesome!
  #6    
Old February 1st, 2013 (11:10 AM).
Darkywyvern's Avatar
Darkywyvern Darkywyvern is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 34
Those are really neat sprites. I specially like your Arcanine's tent. I never saw something like that, nor have I ever thought about it.

The only thing that ''bug'' me a bit is the tail of your grass fakemon backsprite. I have the impression that the tail isn't in the middle of its back but more near a hip due to the shading
<img src=http://imageshack.us/a/img863/5011/signatureeeveelution.png border=0 alt= />
  #7    
Old February 1st, 2013 (02:58 PM). Edited February 2nd, 2013 by geoisevil.
geoisevil's Avatar
geoisevil geoisevil is offline
Evil Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: WA
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f View Post
Amazing tiles, to start with. The Bank is really good, maybe make a Bigger Bank with Persian in it?
Why would I make it bigger? Currently its the accurate size for a standard PMDE hut tile and I don't plan on changing it. And it will have a meowth, not a Persian, otherwise I would have made it a Persian bank


Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkywyvern View Post
The only thing that ''bug'' me a bit is the tail of your grass fakemon backsprite. I have the impression that the tail isn't in the middle of its back but more near a hip due to the shading
Yah I see what you mean there, I'll fix it

edit: Fixed, does that look better?
.:Deviantart:.
.:Sprite Thread
  #8    
Old February 2nd, 2013 (08:56 AM).
Darkywyvern's Avatar
Darkywyvern Darkywyvern is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 34
Yes adding those couple pixels really help to clearly define where ''start'' the tail.
<img src=http://imageshack.us/a/img863/5011/signatureeeveelution.png border=0 alt= />
  #9    
Old February 2nd, 2013 (09:24 AM).
Fire Flyy's Avatar
Fire Flyy Fire Flyy is offline
metaphysical poet
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: below the heavens
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 187
Definitely some nice sprites here, the trainer is especially nice and a bit reminiscent of Aquakip's style. Only thing I'm really not a big fan of is the wolf/dog fire starter, maybe it's the colors but it seems a bit more flat than the others; the shading on the legs is a pretty sharp contrast to the body's color on the front sprite.
  #10    
Old February 2nd, 2013 (01:02 PM).
geoisevil's Avatar
geoisevil geoisevil is offline
Evil Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: WA
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Flyy View Post
Definitely some nice sprites here, the trainer is especially nice and a bit reminiscent of Aquakip's style. Only thing I'm really not a big fan of is the wolf/dog fire starter, maybe it's the colors but it seems a bit more flat than the others; the shading on the legs is a pretty sharp contrast to the body's color on the front sprite.
Thanks! Aquakip is my good friend and I've definitely picked up a few things from him. For the fire starter (it's actually a spotted hyena, you can tell better with the evolutions) I don't plan on changing the shade color, I'm pretty content with it for now, but I do see what you mean with the sharper contrast. It's just the main body color is lighter than the other two so it appears that way, but if I made the shade color lighter it would seem even more flat.
.:Deviantart:.
.:Sprite Thread
  #11    
Old February 8th, 2013 (06:10 PM).
EvilTotodile's Avatar
EvilTotodile EvilTotodile is offline
We're Evil
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 8
your fennekin looks beautiful! you should do more gen VI sprites when nintendo releases more pokemon.
  #12    
Old February 16th, 2013 (06:24 AM).
geoisevil's Avatar
geoisevil geoisevil is offline
Evil Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: WA
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTotodile View Post
your fennekin looks beautiful! you should do more gen VI sprites when nintendo releases more pokemon.
Thanks! I definitely plan on makin more. I'm finishing up froakie and after I will be doing Yveltal then maybe sylveon :D

Edit: Heres something I've been working on as a present for my friend, it's a pixel art of some of his fakemon

The fakemon designs in the pic belong to my friend FrozenFeather of DeviantArt
.:Deviantart:.
.:Sprite Thread
  #13    
Old February 17th, 2013 (07:13 AM). Edited February 17th, 2013 by kinataki.
kinataki's Avatar
kinataki kinataki is offline
david tennant so much!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 142
i wanna criticize your last work.(if i may )

that thing looks fantastic!
but you can try adding more smoothness.

look at the parts inside circles:


they look like inside of eachother. i mean it looks good but it would look better if you change this.
into this
im just saying that as a fan of your work and i've seen this things in your other works it bugged me a little bit. i am not an expert but i believe it looked better in the second one.

and sun is white lol
  #14    
Old February 17th, 2013 (12:18 PM).
Logiedan's Avatar
Logiedan Logiedan is offline
highly-functioning sociopath
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: fountain of dreams
Age: 1
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,891
It does bug me too. Honestly the whole outline ruins it for me, the fact that you're placing a sprite over a pixel art scene makes it iffy. You should just remove the outline and anti-alias the foreground with the background.
pair: Sheep
【=◈︿◈=】
  #15    
Old February 18th, 2013 (06:38 AM).
BeanBag's Avatar
BeanBag BeanBag is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 5
They look amazing, you have some serious skill in the ways of the pixel. Teach me the ways of the pixel, oh great one!
  #16    
Old February 18th, 2013 (11:12 AM).
B3andon's Avatar
B3andon B3andon is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12
I love your work!

And thanks for the tutorial I have little to almost no experience with making Fakemon so your tutorial useful and a good way of looking at it. If you made more tutorials

I would be sure to check them out! (:
  #17    
Old February 18th, 2013 (06:44 PM).
alones alones is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 1
Kinataki, you really think that pillow shading you did there looks better than the original?

Also, the outline in front of a pixel art scene brings DPP art direction into mind. Just wonderful.
  #18    
Old February 20th, 2013 (03:51 PM).
geoisevil's Avatar
geoisevil geoisevil is offline
Evil Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: WA
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinataki View Post
i wanna criticize your last work.(if i may )

that thing looks fantastic!
but you can try adding more smoothness.

look at the parts inside circles:


they look like inside of eachother. i mean it looks good but it would look better if you change this.
into this
im just saying that as a fan of your work and i've seen this things in your other works it bugged me a little bit. i am not an expert but i believe it looked better in the second one.
Either way, thanks for your criticisms but I think I will keep it as is.
and sun is white lol
It's a style of pixel art I chose to not have it pillow shaded as you did for a more simplistic look I didn't want it to be a realistic scene, and the person I made it for said he prefers it this way as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logiedan View Post
It does bug me too. Honestly the whole outline ruins it for me, the fact that you're placing a sprite over a pixel art scene makes it iffy. You should just remove the outline and anti-alias the foreground with the background.
Personal preference I suppose, this is the style I chose and do not plan on changing. Also it's not a sprite It's just simplistic pixel art of the fake if you look closer. But thanks for your criticism, I will take it into consideration next time, however I will be keeping this the way it is for now C:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanBag View Post
They look amazing, you have some serious skill in the ways of the pixel. Teach me the ways of the pixel, oh great one!
haha thanks C:

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3andon View Post
I love your work!

And thanks for the tutorial I have little to almost no experience with making Fakemon so your tutorial useful and a good way of looking at it. If you made more tutorials

I would be sure to check them out! (:
thanks so much :D glad I could be of assistance, I might end up making more tutorials in the future but idk yet

E=alones;7544714]Kinataki, you really think that pillow shading you did there looks better than the original?

Also, the outline in front of a pixel art scene brings DPP art direction into mind. Just wonderful.[/QUOTE]

thanks so much! <3
.:Deviantart:.
.:Sprite Thread
  #19    
Old February 22nd, 2013 (04:12 AM).
Elaitenstile's Avatar
Elaitenstile Elaitenstile is offline
I am legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,908
Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile


So I missed this? It looks great! But why didn't you put any selective outlining on the sprite? And also, why is the interior's outline not shown? Those are all my questions. Love the background, by the way. To show my appreciation, take a star! Here :

~
  #20    
Old February 22nd, 2013 (11:33 PM).
geoisevil's Avatar
geoisevil geoisevil is offline
Evil Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: WA
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★ View Post


So I missed this? It looks great! But why didn't you put any selective outlining on the sprite? And also, why is the interior's outline not shown? Those are all my questions. Love the background, by the way. To show my appreciation, take a star! Here :

A few people asked this before and I will tell you what I told them, first of all its not a sprite it's just pixel art of the fake, that is why it doesn't have the interior lines and selective outlining because it's just a style of pixel art I wanted to try that happened to be about sprite size. Glad you like it though C:


heres a new pic I've been working on, its still a WIP so don't critique it too harsh guys It's supposed to be a HGSS style OW of Yveltal, as of right now this is NOT free to use
.:Deviantart:.
.:Sprite Thread
  #21    
Old February 23rd, 2013 (04:06 AM).
Elaitenstile's Avatar
Elaitenstile Elaitenstile is offline
I am legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,908
Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile


It looks great, too! (But why no transparent bg?)

I like the way you've made the tail, and a clean cut on the head. But rather than making it flap up and down, why don't you make it flap forward and backward? I don't know, I guess it just seems better to me. I know this is still a WIP, but it's good nonetheless.
~
  #22    
Old February 23rd, 2013 (01:34 PM). Edited February 23rd, 2013 by geoisevil.
geoisevil's Avatar
geoisevil geoisevil is offline
Evil Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: WA
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★ View Post


It looks great, too! (But why no transparent bg?)

I like the way you've made the tail, and a clean cut on the head. But rather than making it flap up and down, why don't you make it flap forward and backward? I don't know, I guess it just seems better to me. I know this is still a WIP, but it's good nonetheless.

no trasparent bg at the time because it wasnt done .-. and it doenst flap up and down but rather sort of diagonally its just hard to tell from front view but you can see better from the side
.:Deviantart:.
.:Sprite Thread
  #23    
Old February 23rd, 2013 (09:22 PM).
Elaitenstile's Avatar
Elaitenstile Elaitenstile is offline
I am legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,908
Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Oh, okay. Like you said, it's hard to notice. The side views have convinced me. It looks spectacular! And the back view is nicely done. Of course, you've potrayed Yveltal in a different perspective, making it's tail go back and making it look more like a bird than a monster. I guess you're gonna do Xerneas next?
~
  #24    
Old March 6th, 2013 (01:38 AM).
geoisevil's Avatar
geoisevil geoisevil is offline
Evil Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: WA
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★ View Post
Oh, okay. Like you said, it's hard to notice. The side views have convinced me. It looks spectacular! And the back view is nicely done. Of course, you've potrayed Yveltal in a different perspective, making it's tail go back and making it look more like a bird than a monster. I guess you're gonna do Xerneas next?
Thanks, and no I'm not I don't like Xerneas .-.

finished Yveltal sprite sheet :D
.:Deviantart:.
.:Sprite Thread
  #25    
Old March 6th, 2013 (02:43 AM).
DCson17's Avatar
DCson17 DCson17 is offline
a modest hacker
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 17
I'm a little saddened X & Y will be making the switch over from sprites to 3d only because these all look so smexy as sprites x .x
Great work tho, of course!



Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are UTC -8. The time now is 11:51 AM.

About Us
© 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com. Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.

Copyright
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com. PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator. Header artwork by Jordanice of deviantART.

Social Media
If you would like to stay up-to-date with us on the go, when we're down, or other such things, follow us on social media sites--most notibly Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus--by clicking on the links provided.

Design presented by Peitharchia. Special thanks to Hiroshi Sotomura and Ausaudriel.