The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Technology & Internet

Notices

Technology & Internet The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Old February 18th, 2013, 12:58 PM
QuickSilveri
Veteran

Anyone having problems with YouTube lately? On Chrome, cache cleared, the videos load slowly with a lot of buffering. Is it just me? Wrong Forum?

Regards, Chris
Started: Pokemon Yellow for GBC
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old February 18th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Archenoth
The arch foe

Nature: Lonely
I haven't noticed an slowdowns with lower-quality videos...

I have a fantastically slow connection, so I usually download higher quality YouTube videos before watching them using a UserScript. (This one.) And, while I'm not sure if it counts, I've noticed no slowdowns in downloading like this recently either.
Old February 18th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Penta Penguin
Sorting out my mental problems.

I seem to experience this with Firefox also. Most videos I have to watch on 240p, because it buffers too much on 360p.... Can't understand it.

Looking for a scripter desperately for Pokemon Dark Nebula. If you
would like to help, drop me a PM or VM.
It's a Romhack btw.
~Twitter~ ~Youtube RH~ ~Youtube Music~
Old February 18th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Funny you should bring that up because my friend was just talking about how slow Youtube's been for him recently. I haven't noticed anything in the past couple of days, but I used to have issues with the videos just plain not loading.
Old February 21st, 2013, 06:33 PM
DracoStarfall
Ω We fly Sky-High Ω

Nature: Timid
I haven't really had a problem with youtube lately. I've been using Internet Explorer and everything seems to be working fine :/

Old February 22nd, 2013, 11:20 AM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
Don't you mean youtube always? There's literally always some problem like this. I'm getting the same thing.
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Old February 22nd, 2013, 04:44 PM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Nature: Jolly
Youtube has been fine for me since the creation of this thread.. have y'all done any speedtests to make sure its not your internet connection causing the slowdown?
Fairy
Old February 23rd, 2013, 09:33 AM
The Amazing Justin
The Original Player

Youtube's been good for the most part.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 03:08 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Yep, insane buffering is hampering it down over here, and I need to empty my cache every 2-3 days otherwise the videos won't load or glitch up.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 03:14 PM
AllyJacqui
The one and only -

Nature: Timid
Yep, I have these problems all the time. I thought it was just my internet - Aussie internet isn't the best - But I guess since others are having this problem, i guess not.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 03:40 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachLMedia View Post
Youtube has been fine for me since the creation of this thread.. have y'all done any speedtests to make sure its not your internet connection causing the slowdown?
Just because it doesn't happen for every user doesn't mean that it isn't youtube's fault. It could only be for people with a certain browser, or OS, or video card, or ISP, or all of those things combined. In my case, I download at just under 30mbits/s, which is enough to watch dozens of 1080p videos at once, and yet I'm having trouble with 240p at times. And to test that it wasn't my internet, I started downloading a game on steam and got between 2-3mbs which is pretty much normal for steam.
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Old February 23rd, 2013, 03:58 PM
Jude Mathis
[ counting stars ]
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Youtube has never been slow for me. Not unless I'm using my phone app, and even then most of the time it's fine. There's the off chance that it stops to buffer (the app), but that rarely happens.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 09:20 PM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
Just because it doesn't happen for every user doesn't mean that it isn't youtube's fault. It could only be for people with a certain browser, or OS, or video card, or ISP, or all of those things combined. In my case, I download at just under 30mbits/s, which is enough to watch dozens of 1080p videos at once, and yet I'm having trouble with 240p at times. And to test that it wasn't my internet, I started downloading a game on steam and got between 2-3mbs which is pretty much normal for steam.
You do have a point there, and I apologize for not even considering those factors you had mentioned. I have experienced stuff like this in the past with Youtube, though, and it may just be coincidental, but whenever I experience slow problems with Youtube, everyone else I know and talk to has Youtube problems as well unlike in this thread's instance to where it's pretty mixed with Youtube being slow to some but not others.
Fairy
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links