The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 23rd, 2013, 05:31 AM
gunnerpow7
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Oh but I didn't! Intermissions are fun so I read it... I have reached Act 5 Act 1 and currently reading it now...

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

gunnerpow7

☆ paired with MidnightShine, Twihiki_Amias, PachyfcgPC Showdown ☆ Lady Gunner ☆ defunct account ☆
Old February 24th, 2013, 04:16 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Oh wow, that's really fast! Act 5 Act 1 is where all the trolls come! Fun times ahead. :D

What's your favorite song on Homestuck?
I don't know what the song names are! I'm a bad Homestuck fan. D: Still, every song is pretty much awesome so I don't think I have to pick out one, haha. Sburban Jungle I actually did just know the name of recently, though! It sounds like the overall theme for Homestuck (or at least Sburb, which is the game that the whole webcomic revolves around anyway, or at least used to), so I really like it.

Also, Rika's post does not deserve being stowed away in the previous page for the 25 posts per page view format (the one I'm using) not only because I seriously have to check out all those songs that she listed and that you guys should too, but also because it's important and too impressive to get treated like that! Therefore, I am quoting her whole post in all its wall of text glory. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
Great topic. I just can't answer it without listing a thousand songs xD But those I like the most are the classic ones that just set the tone for Homestuck and have inspired many later songs. George Buzinkai is probably my favorite Homestuck composer.

Here follows my favorite Homestuck songs and where they were used in case they were used. Oldest to newest:

Three in the Morning - Used when we first see Sn0wman. Several remixes of this jazzlike song have been made and it just fits in with the Midnight Crew and the Felt so well.
Remixes include: 3 In The Morning (Pianokind)

Skies of Skaia - pure beauty. First used when Nanna tells the story of Skaia's battle.
Nice remixes: Song of Skaia, Skaia (Incipishpere remix)

Ballad of Awakening - this song isn't used again from what I remember, but the deep feeling it provides when it is used in the flash where we see Jade dreaming just adds so much to the epicness that you begin to understand that Homestuck is.

Sburban Jungle - yes of course. This made Rose's entrance to the Medium thrilling. It's been used again as part of many songs and drastically remixed in Another Jungle.

DOCTOR - this is my absolute favorite of all Homestuck songs. Hands down. Its remixes are more epic, sure, but this first played when John got to see what his Land was really like and this melody just IS Homestuck for me. Perhaps the most remixed song? There are a ton of less notable remixes, and then there are two special songs where Doctor has been merged with Penumbra Phantasm, a song which has never been completely revealed... Savior of the Waking World, Savior of the Dreaming Dead
Other, more pure remixes can be found on Homestuck Vol.5 but here is one jewel: Green Ghost

Descend - this is an end-of-act flash song which consists of several different tunes. First we have the obvious Upward Movement (Dave Owns), then suddenly we have the melody from Beatdown (Strider Style) and switch into the theme of Black (which in turn is a remix of Liquid Negrocity). All in all, this theme is fantastic, as is its flash clip.
Other remixes of Upward Movement: Terezi Owns, Rize of the Denizens (unofficial but great!)

Temporal Piano - probably a remix of Temporary, or the other way around?. Too beautiful for the Felt, makes you think about what a hard life LE's servants must lead...

Gaia Queen - made for Jade, but never used in a flash. I really love it and it fits well together with the flash where Jade enters the Medium!

Crystalanthology - a feelfull remix of Crystalanthemums, a song that has been incorporated and remixed in many ways. It probably has something to do with Vriska, as she is featured in the images. Only remix used in a flash is Crystalmanthequins, which shows us a bit from the trolls' history and session.
Other notable remix: Crystalmethequins

Even in Death - mystic and strange. Maybe made for grimdark Rose but used when Roxy sleepwalks. Its remix was used to show us a bit of the alpha kids' session.
Remix: Even in Death (T'Morra's Belly Mix)

Calamity - nothing special, never used to my knowledge but still great!

Galaxy Hearts - a really nice tune. Never used, but the feeling it gives off is really nice. Kind of hopeless and mystic at the same time.

Infinity Mechanism - the artist thought about the gravity of the Scratch when they painted the image, and I'm not sure about what the composer thought. But it was used to foreshadow events in the alpha session and give us a feeling of starting off fresh, a new chance, a new Skaia! I really love the epic restart feeling that it gives off. A personal top favorite.

Moonsetter - because it's to pleasant and sad at once, especially when you look at the picture. Never used, but cute.

A Taste for Adventure - it is epic. It fits with the Cascade flash animation! I really hope Hussie makes a flash to this music one day. It would be amazing.
All I can say is, this is a very helpful list for ignorant people like me who have to start getting into the music of Homestuck asap. Thanks, and kudos to you. XD;
Old February 24th, 2013, 06:04 AM
I like Pokemon (...)
Kangaskhan

What's your favorite song on Homestuck?

I have way too many favourites, but here are a few (I just skimmed over the list and went with which names I remembered were awesome - so I missed out a lot!)
Alternia:
Showdown, Spider's Claw
Alterniabound:
Rex Duodecim Angelus, Killed by BR8K Spider!!!!!!!!
coloUrs and mayhem - Universe A:
GOLD PILOT, Iron Infidel (grew on me), Cobalt Corsair, Iron Knight, Your Universe, Temporal Shenanigans
coloUrs and mayhem - Universe B:
Green Ghost, Orchid Horror, Red Disc, Cyan Beast, Pendulum, WV - Become the Mayor of Cans, Coolkid, Clockstopper
Felt:
English
Homestuck Volume 1-4:
Showtime (Piano Refrain - surprised RHCP didn't mention it :p), Upward Movement (Dave Owns) + Beatdown (Strider Style) + Beatdown Round 2, Sburban Jungle, Doctor, Black
Homestuck Volume 5:
Descend (there are tons of others I just can't remember from the name)
Homestuck Volume 6:
Umbral Ultimatum, Tribal Ebonpyre, MeGaLoVania,
Homestuck Volume 7 - At the Price of Oblivion:
Black Rose - Green Sun, At The Price of Oblivion, Evin in Death, Terezi Owns, Spider8reath, Savior of the Dreaming Dead
Homestuck Volume 8:
Calamity, Unite Synchronization, Scourge Sisters, Even in Death (T'Morra's Belly Mix), CASCADE, I'm a Member of the Midnight Crew (Acapella)
Homestuck Volume 9:
Crystalmethequins, Ugly Betty, Hate You, Pumpkin Party in Sea Hitler's Water Apocalypse, Another Jungle, Busting Makes Me Feel Good, Moonsetter, Noirscape
Mobius Trip and Hadron Kaleido:
Dawn of Man, No Release, Fly, Lies with the Sea, Chain of Prospit, Pumpkin Tide
One Year Older:
FantasyP
THE ENTIRE STRIFE ALBUM.
Symphony Impossible to Play:
I - Overture

...Yeah I definitely missed loads of others.
Quote:
Here follows my favorite Homestuck songs and where they were used in case they were used. Oldest to newest:

Three in the Morning - Used when we first see Sn0wman. Several remixes of this jazzlike song have been made and it just fits in with the Midnight Crew and the Felt so well.
Remixes include: 3 In The Morning (Pianokind)

Skies of Skaia - pure beauty. First used when Nanna tells the story of Skaia's battle.
Nice remixes: Song of Skaia, Skaia (Incipishpere remix)

Ballad of Awakening - this song isn't used again from what I remember, but the deep feeling it provides when it is used in the flash where we see Jade dreaming just adds so much to the epicness that you begin to understand that Homestuck is.

Sburban Jungle - yes of course. This made Rose's entrance to the Medium thrilling. It's been used again as part of many songs and drastically remixed in Another Jungle.

DOCTOR - this is my absolute favorite of all Homestuck songs. Hands down. Its remixes are more epic, sure, but this first played when John got to see what his Land was really like and this melody just IS Homestuck for me. Perhaps the most remixed song? There are a ton of less notable remixes, and then there are two special songs where Doctor has been merged with Penumbra Phantasm, a song which has never been completely revealed... Savior of the Waking World, Savior of the Dreaming Dead
Other, more pure remixes can be found on Homestuck Vol.5 but here is one jewel: Green Ghost

Descend - this is an end-of-act flash song which consists of several different tunes. First we have the obvious Upward Movement (Dave Owns), then suddenly we have the melody from Beatdown (Strider Style) and switch into the theme of Black (which in turn is a remix of Liquid Negrocity). All in all, this theme is fantastic, as is its flash clip.
Other remixes of Upward Movement: Terezi Owns, Rize of the Denizens (unofficial but great!)

Temporal Piano - probably a remix of Temporary, or the other way around?. Too beautiful for the Felt, makes you think about what a hard life LE's servants must lead...

Gaia Queen - made for Jade, but never used in a flash. I really love it and it fits well together with the flash where Jade enters the Medium!

Crystalanthology - a feelfull remix of Crystalanthemums, a song that has been incorporated and remixed in many ways. It probably has something to do with Vriska, as she is featured in the images. Only remix used in a flash is Crystalmanthequins, which shows us a bit from the trolls' history and session.
Other notable remix: Crystalmethequins

Even in Death - mystic and strange. Maybe made for grimdark Rose but used when Roxy sleepwalks. Its remix was used to show us a bit of the alpha kids' session.
Remix: Even in Death (T'Morra's Belly Mix)

Calamity - nothing special, never used to my knowledge but still great!

Galaxy Hearts - a really nice tune. Never used, but the feeling it gives off is really nice. Kind of hopeless and mystic at the same time.

Infinity Mechanism - the artist thought about the gravity of the Scratch when they painted the image, and I'm not sure about what the composer thought. But it was used to foreshadow events in the alpha session and give us a feeling of starting off fresh, a new chance, a new Skaia! I really love the epic restart feeling that it gives off. A personal top favorite.

Moonsetter - because it's to pleasant and sad at once, especially when you look at the picture. Never used, but cute.

A Taste for Adventure - it is epic. It fits with the Cascade flash animation! I really hope Hussie makes a flash to this music one day. It would be amazing.
Now THAT is what I call a music post.
Old February 24th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Nature: Naive
@ Cid, tehehe thank you <3

@ I like pokemon... you mentioned some songs that I definitely love but they didn't quite make it to my list ;D

Showtime, for instance - It's really important yeah. But I just don't think it's as awesome as Skies of Skaia or Doctor etc. Showtime and Aggrieve are the original strife songs and really nice imo, especially with the original video game sounding "instruments".

Your Universe - aaah, it is amazing, that singer. That. Singer.

English - It took me a while to find this and realize that this was what Caliborn: Enter's song was based on actually! I had forgotten that we had even seen it in a flash (guess which). Really, the whole The Felt album is stunning. Beautiful background music for studying or gaming or anything lol

MeGaLoVania - this is really cool and should have made it to my list, I was just in a bit of a hurry haha. Heard in the flash where one special character ascends~

At the Price of Oblivion - it's just not one of my personal favorites but I know that a lot of people love it :D

Cascade - gawd, I actually forgot this xD But the only part I'd like to call Cascade is the beginning, which is actually a guy called Tensei's remix of the track Descend! It's really good. And the whole track on Homestuck Vol.8 is... 13:14 minutes long. Comprised of Cascade, special version of Flare, special Savior of the Dreaming Dead and special Black Rose / Green Sun.

For some reason I don't like many songs on Vol. 9 :/ They just seem boring and soulless to me, the majority of them at least. Can't wait for Vol. 10, it'll probably have Eternity's Shylock! 8D <- uh, gunner, don't click that link unless you want major spoiler.

I FORGOT THE WHOLE One Year Older ALBUM. O.o It is a really good solo album I think. Favs there are several - Firefly Cloud, FantasyP, Underfoot, and the two best songs which are two of my absolute favorite Homestuck songs (man, that list just keeps getting longer, doesn't it?) are Skaian Shrapnel and Another Chance.

... so much music draveling 8D

On an unrelated note, if you ever feel bored browsing PC, step by the little game I made in Other Trivia. It's called Choose Your Own Adventure! and will probably feature SBURB in one way or another, at least if the posters steer it in a way that makes it possible xD Like MSPA but without images.

Dragon is officially 51% more awesome than I am.
moderator of Roleplay Corner and Pokémon General

Last edited by Adventure; February 24th, 2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old February 26th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Limanya
Page of Breath

Nature: Docile
Unlike many people, i don't like Your Universe. Not at all.

i have too much favorites tho

but can i please remind everyone that Do You Remem8er Me from Volume 8 is amazing
if you dont like it go listen Lifdoff instead its basically the same but a bit different (DYRM is a remix of Lifdoff if im right)
Old February 26th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

@ Limanya - yes, I do like Do you remem8er me, very much! Mostly because that part of Homestuck was one of the most touching, if not the most touching.

Lifdoff? Really? Now I have got to go listen and see :D
EDIT: it is true!

Old February 26th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Drew
erase the noise.
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Favorite songs off the top of my head are:

Cascade (full)
Black Hole, Green Sun
Blackest Heart
Orange Hat
Emerald Terror
Clockstopper
The Carnival
Unite Synchronization
Purple Bard
Blind Justice
Alternia
Heir Conditioning
Flare
Pilot Light
Even in Death (remix)
Savior of the Waking World
Suburb Jungle
Doctor

Seems like a lot, but considering how many songs there are.. it's not. xD;
Old February 27th, 2013, 09:05 AM
TaichiWind
X

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to TaichiWind
OMG I FORGOT ABOUT THIS I'M GOMEN

Topic:
Spoiler:
I pretty much have top three songs, I guess I can break it down to these three, I din't think there's a need for a lifelong list.

==> 3. Heir Conditioning
==> This is a song I originally didn't like because of the trumpet segment. In fact, the first few times I quit listening at the trumpet segment. But I eventually made it past and oh boy is it badass. In fact, I've come to like the trumpet segments now.

==> 2. Knife's Edge
==> This is one of the songs that should be definitely used in a flash. In fact, there have been comments on YouTube that when Hussie tried to make a flash to this, his computer exploded out of sheer badassery. And I think that isn't far from truth, especially if said flash featured Dirk.

==> 1. Noirscape
==> Despite the name and cover art (and partially opening segment), I don't think this song really has anything to do with Jack Noir, much less film noir. This is yet another song that should be used in a flash and sadly enough it isn't. This song conveys a lot of emotions, just like Cascade, but unlike Cascade, it has the niche of sounding like a coherent music track, not just five songs mashed together.

Update:
Spoiler:

Transcript: Exposition, exposition, rush it out ASAP!

EDIT@Pelippers: The beginning of A Taste For Adventure is actually used in the halfway-past segment of Jane: Enter (that part where it's revealed that "timey wimey shenanigan victims roxy and dirk are from the future" (as stated by my friend I will not name)), so it WAS used in a flash, but not the complete track, which is probably what you meant, but I digress.

That's right... It's begun again... How long must this war go on?

Last edited by TaichiWind; February 27th, 2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old March 1st, 2013, 09:49 PM
gunnerpow7
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Community Supporter

... So I've reached the part in Act 5 where you can look at scraps of Doc Scratch at his abode and I'm sensing the Scratch will be happening soon...

Anyways, a lot has passed for me, with Gamzee going cray-cray, Rose going grimdark, and a lot of time travelling and killing...

Oh and while I was playing Equius: Seek the highbl00d, It is creeping the hell out of me... especially when Nepeta walks into the vents... It's soo thriling and shivering... :/

oh and Seer: Descend. That one is also good...

I can't believe Vriska died of a just death... :( She was one of my fave trolls... ;;

gunnerpow7

☆ paired with MidnightShine, Twihiki_Amias, PachyfcgPC Showdown ☆ Lady Gunner ☆ defunct account ☆
Old March 2nd, 2013, 12:48 AM
Drew
erase the noise.
Community Supporter

Good thing about deaths in Homestuck is that the characters don't really entirely leave the story when they die. xD

I remember those creepy Gamzee flashes though, with Nepeta, and the horn honking in the distance. Wow I totally creeped out, and I didn't wanna turn corners. > _>;
Old March 2nd, 2013, 02:46 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaichiWind View Post
OMG I FORGOT ABOUT THIS I'M GOMEN

Topic:
Spoiler:
I pretty much have top three songs, I guess I can break it down to these three, I din't think there's a need for a lifelong list.

==> 3. Heir Conditioning
==> This is a song I originally didn't like because of the trumpet segment. In fact, the first few times I quit listening at the trumpet segment. But I eventually made it past and oh boy is it badass. In fact, I've come to like the trumpet segments now.

==> 2. Knife's Edge
==> This is one of the songs that should be definitely used in a flash. In fact, there have been comments on YouTube that when Hussie tried to make a flash to this, his computer exploded out of sheer badassery. And I think that isn't far from truth, especially if said flash featured Dirk.

==> 1. Noirscape
==> Despite the name and cover art (and partially opening segment), I don't think this song really has anything to do with Jack Noir, much less film noir. This is yet another song that should be used in a flash and sadly enough it isn't. This song conveys a lot of emotions, just like Cascade, but unlike Cascade, it has the niche of sounding like a coherent music track, not just five songs mashed together.

Update:
Spoiler:

Transcript: Exposition, exposition, rush it out ASAP!

EDIT@Pelippers: The beginning of A Taste For Adventure is actually used in the halfway-past segment of Jane: Enter (that part where it's revealed that "timey wimey shenanigan victims roxy and dirk are from the future" (as stated by my friend I will not name)), so it WAS used in a flash, but not the complete track, which is probably what you meant, but I digress.
That list of yours made me start listening to the STRIFE! album again. It's really good, especially Heir Conditioning ^^

Yes, I remember that now. But that was really only a tiny tiny intro part of it :3 Also, don't spoil stuff for gunnerpow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerpow7 View Post
... So I've reached the part in Act 5 where you can look at scraps of Doc Scratch at his abode and I'm sensing the Scratch will be happening soon...

Anyways, a lot has passed for me, with Gamzee going cray-cray, Rose going grimdark, and a lot of time travelling and killing...

Oh and while I was playing Equius: Seek the highbl00d, It is creeping the hell out of me... especially when Nepeta walks into the vents... It's soo thriling and shivering... :/

oh and Seer: Descend. That one is also good...

I can't believe Vriska died of a just death... :( She was one of my fave trolls... ;;
Act 5<3 Be sure to read all the scraps! Especially the ones with Vriska and John and Davesprite and Jadesprite.
OH! And remember to look at the banner. The MSPA-site banner on top of the very homepage. It changes with every page, to show how Dave and Jade ran into Jack when they were breeding frogs. I completely missed that on my first read-through and didn't at all understand why Dave had lost one of his lives all of a sudden when Karkat mentioned it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Good thing about deaths in Homestuck is that the characters don't really entirely leave the story when they die. xD

I remember those creepy Gamzee flashes though, with Nepeta, and the horn honking in the distance. Wow I totally creeped out, and I didn't wanna turn corners. > _>;
Yeah that's true :3 Vriska's army of dead doom lol

Gamzee only really killed two of the trolls right? And Vriska only really killed one. The real mean killer is Eridan :( never liked him a lot. His dancestor is better ^^ /creeping into spoilers nao but I'm careful! :3

Old March 2nd, 2013, 03:14 AM
gunnerpow7
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Community Supporter

Oh god I love Vriska and John's scraps... Even though they were dead, it was still sweet <3

And I hate to play where you have to control the characters like in Seek the highbl00d and Seer: Descend since whenever I turn, something might pop out like in Nepeta's walk to the grates, it feels like Gamzee might pop out and scare the hell out of me... and the curtains in Descend where I thought Bec Noir might appear and kill Rose... looooooool

gunnerpow7

Old March 2nd, 2013, 04:17 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

I think those kind of flash games are really interesting just because the tension is so high even though not much really happens in the end :)

The part where John and Rose "fight" Jack after Seer: Descend is epic... so much feels.
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005596

Old March 3rd, 2013, 04:27 AM
gunnerpow7
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Community Supporter

OMG! I have reached Cascade, and as I'm typing this, I'm going to click the link!

Soo excited <3

EDIT: My reaction to Cascade:

Spoiler:
OMFG IT WAS SOO AWESOME! I LOVE THE PART WHERE JADE ASCENDS TO GOD TIER AND BECOMES WHOA! SHE WAS SOO PRETTY TOO.... :3 AND IT KINDA EXPLAINS HOW JACK ENTERED THE TROLLS UNIVERSE... IT REALLY WRAPS THE UNQUESTIONED THINGS FROM ACT 1-5 AND IT WAS AMAZING ;;

gunnerpow7

Last edited by gunnerpow7; March 3rd, 2013 at 05:53 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 07:09 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Ahahah! I think it's wonderful that we have a first time reader with us here :D I too want to watch Cascade for the first time! So amazing. So. Amazing.

Old March 4th, 2013, 04:06 AM
gunnerpow7
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Community Supporter

Reached the end of Act 6 Act 1 Intermission....

Spoiler:
....and the only lol part bout there is the bucket!

And Karkat losing his sanity... That's a + for me... ;;;;)

gunnerpow7

Old March 4th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Drew
erase the noise.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Gamzee only really killed two of the trolls right? And Vriska only really killed one. The real mean killer is Eridan never liked him a lot. His dancestor is better /creeping into spoilers nao but I'm careful! :3
I used to hate Eridan.
However, I like him better now days that I've had over year to NOT have read the part where he kills anyone. xD; But honestly, it's in their nature to kill, so Eridan didn't do anything much worse than any other troll. Most of them have killed one or more characters at some point.
Old March 5th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
I used to find Eridan funny. I still do, actually. I know his sudden Prince of Hope thingo that massacred his friends was shocking, but I didn't really hate him for it. Probably because I was reading it at a time when there was no sustained suspense (reading the updates as archives is heck of a lot different from reading it in bundles), and I immediately found out that Kanaya was okay anyway so I was cool. Also, Drew already said the biggest thing that puts his actions to perspective, which is troll culture and its faults, so yeah. Gamzee, however, I still don't like. I usually like ascended extras (okay maybe he wasn't an extra but his old role was pretty minimal compared to, uh, say Dave) but Gamzee's an exception. Poor guy. He's actually a fun character, really. I just can't put my finger on why I dislike him.

In other news, since we're still on the topic of music, I think I found my favorite songs from what I've listened thus far. And it's all thanks to you guys. :D

I even made a bookmark folder for this playlist, that of which the screenshot above was taken from. But Cid, why not download? Because, I don't feel like shelling out money (not really, I'm just incredibly poor, haha), especially when I can just listen to Bandcamp! XD; So yeah. Oh and I noticed I liked a lot of the Doctor remixes and John-related music. I don't know why, haha. It's arranged from BEST. THING. EVER. to pretty awesome, by the way.
Old March 5th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

@ Cid, so you liked SOT waking world more than SOT dreaming dead, huh? Interesting, I prefer the latter over the former ^^ But it also depends on my mood, perhaps. Green Ghost is awesome whenever.

And ever since TaichiWind mentioned songs from the STRIFE! album, I've been listening to them a lot xD They really are really good.

Also, exposition indeed... Soon, Hussie will be home from his convention trip. So spill it, Aranea! :D:D

Music is all fun but perhaps we need a new main topic ;) Anyone got a good idea?

Old March 5th, 2013, 07:23 PM
gunnerpow7
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Community Supporter

How about...

Who's your favorite Homestuck pair? ♥♦♣♠ * This includes all former pairs ;) *

With Homestuck's troll romance system, a lot of pairs could be paired up or something...

For Matespritship, I love John and Vriska and Tavros and Vriska... Well, to be honest, I love all of Vriska's matesprits... <3

For Moirallegiance, Nepeta and Equius, Gamzee and Karkat...

For Auspisticism, well, all kmown auspisticized pairs which involves Kanaya as the auspistice.

And for Kismesissitude, Karkat and himself. 'nuff said.

in other news, I still haven't been listed as one of the Prospit dreamers... ;)

gunnerpow7

Old March 6th, 2013, 02:14 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

What are your favorite Homestuck pairs of every kind? ♥♦♣♠

I need to think about this question for a while! :)
Also, I added you in now. Always let me know when I've forgotten stuff like this xD

Only for those who have read the last intermission.
Spoiler:
But I love Dave x Karkat. In whatever quadrant they are, but I actually believe they are just human-like buddies ^^

Old March 9th, 2013, 09:48 AM
gunnerpow7
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Community Supporter

Well, reached the part on Act 6 Act 3 where
Spoiler:
Dirk and Jake were talking bout the Baroness

/offtopic Check out my new forumset <3

gunnerpow7

Old March 9th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Ohoho. There will be more baroness, in more than one way so to speak. You just wait ;D

What a lovely theme! Could I somehow beg you to make a Kanaya one for me to match yours with? :3

EDIT: Ahaha. I have decided that for now, my favorite Homestuck characters are definitely Meenah and Roxy.

Roxy has grown on me over time and regarding ♥-ships, I like to see her with Dirk.
Spoiler:
Because he said "I don't see how [gay] has to be a thing" so that means he can't say he's gay and refuse her in that manner, right? ;p

Meenah is just badass and I think she'll be a heroine figure in some way before all this is over, heck, I even like her post-scratch version despite shenanigans xD And I ♦-ship Meenah with Aranea, I guess.

In the ♣-area, PastKarkat-Jade-FutureKarkat is a classic, even though it's weird and stupid. Jade♥Karkat is what I prefer after their adorable banter and caring logs in Act5. I know some don't agree with me but hey, that's what the shipping world is like ^^ No bashing in this thread please.

Last edited by Adventure; March 9th, 2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:09 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Meenah and Roxy. <33 Actually Rika, I think I need more songs to add to that list. I mean seriously, Gunner made me like Savior of the Dreaming Dead a little more than Savior of the Waking World in a few minutes, so I think that my playlist is still subject to change. By a lot. XD; Probably not counting Unite Synchronization though! That track is still amazing as hell.

What are your favorite Homestuck pairs of every kind?
For matespritship / the flushed quadrant I'll probably go with Kanaya ♥ Rose just because I really enjoyed their moments of interaction, and Kanaya really shines as a character whenever she's involved with Rose in anything, and vice versa. :3 Dirk ♥ Roxy doesn't sound half bad, either. ;D

As for moirallegiance / the ashen quadrant, Equius ♦ Nepeta by far was the most entertaining. XD; Despite having Nepeta as a patron troll I never really liked her as much as Kanaya and co. until I realized how adorable she is, particularly when she's talking to Equius and with them keeping each other in line. It's really cute.

Third would be a hard pick, and reading Rika's mention of Jade ♣ past!Karkat / future!Karkat and their funny ashen quadrant antics made it even harder! D: I said it was a hard pick considering Kanaya's many attempts at auspisticism (Eridan and Vriska, Vriska and Tavros, Gamzee and Karkat, oh and Karkat and Dave), but I'm gonna have to go with the last one just because it made the Act 6 intermissions even more memorable. :P This page sums it up. Beware since that link leads to Act 6 Intermission 2 spoilers! Just in case you're not there yet.

Kismessisitude though would be a coin toss between Jack ♠ Queen and PM ♠ BN. And maybe Karkat with himself somewhere in there. I don't really know. The thing is, from what I've seen, the caliginous quadrant is the most messed up among the quadrants for me. So unless it leads to an epic showdown between the two people, I don't really find myself enjoying the quadrant and its weirdness in troll romance overall. :\

Last edited by Cid; March 14th, 2013 at 04:04 AM.
Old March 13th, 2013, 05:04 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Unite Synchronisation is epic, yeah ^^ And I'm glad you realized how superepic Savior of the Dreaming Dead is ;D

I did a happy discovery the other day, that the horse song that was used for a certain [S] Ride scene lately already exists! It was better than the horse song on Vol.6 imo, so that was why I was searching for it ^^

Here's the old one: Horsechestra
And here's the awesome one: Horsechestra STRONG version

update:
Spoiler:
AHA! So it was Gamzee raising Caliborn/Calliope after all. Wanna bet he spent three years there? What I don't understand is Gamzee's chronology. He was on the meteor with the others, clearly, since he developed that creepy kismessistude with Terezi (it makes me shudder and I'm not sure if I like or hate it) but WHEN is he doing all this other stuff? Like, he is already in the B2 universe interacting with the alpha kids, so when did he go there?

Maybe he is traveling on the meteor just like Karkat and the rest, and enters the B2 session just like they do, and then somehow there he ascends to godhood (I have no idea how that could be possible though, since he shouldn't have a quest bed there...) and then he borrows Aradia's or Damara's time devices and hops through time somehow, doing all the shenanigans we have already seen.

I'm also still confused about Lil Cal's chronology. Dave always said there was something weird about him from the start so what if LE was inside him all the way from when Dave was introduced?

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links