• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah they'll probably make it something like one of those, I don't think it'll necessarily be evil because well, it's right in the place of where something cute usually is :(

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
That said, a terrifying pokemon isn't exactly unheard of.
"Shrieks randomly during the night to scare people." "Steals souls whenever its wick is burning." "Kills people who try to grave-rob." To be blunt, they aren't as cute and cuddly as we like to make 'em.

Years
Really hoping the regional bird looks somewhat intimidating like Staraptor and Pigeot. I wasn't a huge fan of Unefezant and Swellow (Well, I thought swellow looked cool)

Also hoping for more pokemon like Luxray. Maybe a Lion and Tiger pokemon as counterparts perhaps?

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Yeah they'll probably make it something like one of those, I don't think it'll necessarily be evil because well, it's right in the place of where something cute usually is :(

Not ALL cute pokemon are bad! In fact, some cute pokemon are quite good.
Let's see... Blissey, Dragonite, Clefable, the Eeveelutions, Snorlax (yes, I find it cute), Bellosom, Politoad, Porygon 2, Altaria, Togekiss, Vanilluxe, and Galvantula.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
I don't think there will be anything 'special' for #666. It's a christian concept and unknown to Japanese.
Also, current national dex ends at 649. We can add 9 starters to go to 658. i expect Regional rodent to be 659 and 660. Next can be another evolutionary line ( ala lillipup , Kricketot and poocheyena).
Thus, according to me, #666 can belong to the regional Bird evolutionary line. But they have interchanged the sequence of Rodent and Bird in past generations. so it can also be the Regional Rodent line.

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
What about some sort of shaman pokemon? (unless maybe there is one already?)

Maybe something like... this?
shaman-visions-300x225.jpg

I can maybe see this as a Normal/Dark pokemon, or a Ghost/Normal pokemon!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Not ALL cute pokemon are bad! In fact, some cute pokemon are quite good.
Let's see... Blissey, Dragonite, Clefable, the Eeveelutions, Snorlax (yes, I find it cute), Bellosom, Politoad, Porygon 2, Altaria, Togekiss, Vanilluxe, and Galvantula.

Strong isn't always associated with evil, tough! Due to that, really, the Pokemon in that spot could go either way, although cute seems more likely based upon the past (although not all you listed would necessarily class as "cute" to most, though!)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
What i would give for an Undead rabbit !
I'll be interesting if they did do one...also with Normal/Ghost that'll make them weak against only Dark as Normal isn't affected by Ghost and Ghost itself isn't affected by Fighting, and Normal moves. Could we have our first OU rodent! I wish.

Years
I swear if someone else suggests a Houndoom evolution I will give them a firm talking to. Houndoom is way too awesome to get an evolution!!

INSTEAD, let's hope for Mightyena evo. Anyways, I doubt that GF will think to put anything "evil" there, but I think we can all hope for a nice strong dark type because they wreck everything else. Maybe a dark type based on a raccoon. Something better than zigzagoon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I swear if someone else suggests a Houndoom evolution I will give them a firm talking to. Houndoom is way too awesome to get an evolution!!

INSTEAD, let's hope for Mightyena evo. Anyways, I doubt that GF will think to put anything "evil" there, but I think we can all hope for a nice strong dark type because they wreck everything else. Maybe a dark type based on a raccoon. Something better than zigzagoon.
A early route dark type is possible seeing how we've had two before (Poochyena, and Purrloin), maybe it can be the 666 pokemon just to give those who want to see something for that number something.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
Unless they nerf the Eeveelotuion and start from scratch, literally. New water, fire electric, grass etc; Eeveelotion.

I want a GrimReaper Pokemon. Imagine Lord Death from Soul Eater with a big mofo scythe and Poke-alter the hell out of it.

Imagine a Gyarados evolution.

A new bear Pokemon that shoots lazers out of there stomachs shapes of happy and joyful symbolic pictures...Care Bears.

Combee/Vespiqueen rival Pokemon, Honey-badger Pokemon

A gatling/machine gun like or resembles to it Pokemon that shoots flaming dominoes or Poker chips

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Has anyone thought of this idea yet: A Fire/Grass type Chili Pepper. Think about it, chilis are known to be spicy, which fit the nature of Fire types, and it's also a plant.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Has anyone thought of this idea yet: A Fire/Grass type Chili Pepper. Think about it, chilis are known to be spicy, which fit the nature of Fire types, and it's also a plant.

I really like this idea. I'm just questioning the design and how unappealing that could be, added to fan reception, because they certainly didn't like the ice cream. ;x

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
I know what new pokemon I'd want for Gen 6, and that's some new evo's for certain pokemon in the 1st to 3rd Generations. One example would be Pinsir. It's purely a bug type mon that could possibly use another typing. Since it does have somewhat of a diverse movepool. Aside from that I would love to see some more electric/flying types like Thundurus and Emolga (Yes I know, but, I just love them to bits <3). Oh and more furry cute rodent pokemon, yes, lots of them.

Back