The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 25th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影

Nature: Naughty

Advertise here
Do you need a CSS? I can get you some
Old February 26th, 2013, 11:52 AM
~Anbuja
Let's Keep It Simple

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to ~Anbuja
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraTheTruth View Post
I like the ds-styled graphics its hard to find a hack like this by an english hacker or an eglish patch for the languages.
Thank you, I'm not an english hacker though Lol.
But since I've learned hacking in English I just followed the flow :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfunky View Post
Loving the current story and graphics!
Can't wait to see more ^^
Thanks. Its pretty basic though, but there is only how it begins told.
Later you will find out who these evil guys were and why they're looking for you, might be interesting for someone :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkish Purple View Post
True. But Anbuja is not an english hacker lols ^^ the indoor tiles remind me of galaxy elements.
Checked that hack out, I've liked it, I remember it being with ugly edited FR tiles. But now it looks pretty nice.
For my luck it seems that the only thing the indoors have in common is everyone having theyr'e own bedrooms.
Which is pretty fine, since I thought I was using same tiles or anything and then I would have to edit them all again :<

Quote:
love the graphic !!
keep it going
Thanks, just don't forget graphics isn't everything =]

Quote:
The graphics are really sweet, can't wait to play this one. Good luck!
Thank you. Though now I feel bad that I got sick and wasn't really able to get some progress done.
I promise I will be able to put an alpha at least in the next month, if not I'll do something else :)

Quote:
Do you need a CSS? I can get you some :)
We'll talk in VM/PM about this :p

Small update

Sooo sorry that I wasn't able to show anything showable in this update, since I wasn't able to work with my team on scripts. I'm sick and UNI started since Monday which isn't funny :<

At least I can show you 2 screenshots of Mijubaki forest where probably most storyline events will occur in alpha 0.0.1.

Also the BB I have in, but might go and change it. Idk yet.

And hero sprite since i remember someone asking to see it :>

Alright this was it for tonight, I hope you'r not "that" dissapointet about the 4 screenshots :<

Oh yeah before I forget, anyone has any sugguestions about the BB?
If I like it doesn't mean everyone will, and I'm still looking if I get something better anyways :)

Anbuja~

Last edited by ~Anbuja; February 26th, 2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old March 5th, 2013, 12:32 PM
~Anbuja
Let's Keep It Simple

Alpha TS and PC

Things might change if I feel like it :<

Last edited by ~Anbuja; March 5th, 2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Omega Zero
Is back...
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Omega Zero
This game looks like it's coming along nicely, just one thing.

Are the HGSS style OWS in the game resized to 16x32 or are they 32x32?
Old March 6th, 2013, 11:59 AM
~Anbuja
Let's Keep It Simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Zero View Post
This game looks like it's coming along nicely, just one thing.

Are the HGSS style OWS in the game resized to 16x32 or are they 32x32?
Thanks, I'm sad that I'm not really able to put into this more of my free time I have, since I gotta do lifestuff too :<

The OW's are from 16x32 to 32x32, The hero Ow and rivals is 16x32 including some other OWs, The obese guys and Female NPC's that have wide hairstyles are all 32x32 since 16x32 wont fit them/they look ugly with hairs 16x32.

I'm probably going to release all NPC's im inserting to the public as soon I'm done with replacing every single Ow's that isn't custom made by me
Old March 6th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Clacla
karp karp karp
Community Supporter Tier 5

Wow, this hack is looking even better than last time I saw it! I leave for a couple months and this happens... lol. Well, I can't wait to help with the scripting, and I can help with thread CSS if necessary. And my suggestion about Tyrogue (Since I saw it mentioned) is that it has it's stats buffed a bit, so that it isn't a pushover.
Old March 6th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Omega Zero
Is back...
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Omega Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anbuja's_BlooDY View Post
Thanks, I'm sad that I'm not really able to put into this more of my free time I have, since I gotta do lifestuff too :<

The OW's are from 16x32 to 32x32, The hero Ow and rivals is 16x32 including some other OWs, The obese guys and Female NPC's that have wide hairstyles are all 32x32 since 16x32 wont fit them/they look ugly with hairs 16x32.

I'm probably going to release all NPC's im inserting to the public as soon I'm done with replacing every single Ow's that isn't custom made by me
Sweet, that's pretty cool, that way i can steal use them in my hack.

With credits of course.
Old March 7th, 2013, 01:03 AM
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影

I love that titlescreen It's way beyond my ability to make!
Old March 8th, 2013, 01:50 AM
maxypower
Fire power Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to maxypower
looks great keep up the good work
Old March 16th, 2013, 12:10 AM
Echidna
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
You know, I always knew you were gonna make this hack work. How many times have you improved the graphics here huh? And I mean, look at them. Wow bro, just wow. I love it, I love everything about it. The tiles, the OWs, the story, and that title is legendary to me. It's the first hack I ever worked on, the first hack I ever co-ran, and the only hack I regretted leaving.

Good luck man. By the way, next time tell me when you come back from the dead, I've been trying to reach you forever, and all the time you were actually back on PC, the last place I expected you'd be ;-;

Also, why on Earth am I in the credits? I think I'd remember if I ever made a hacking tool ¬.¬

Old March 20th, 2013, 02:39 AM
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影

Hey guys, Anbuja told me he'd been working a lot on this hack, he just can't find something presentable for an update.
Old March 20th, 2013, 09:11 AM
hackstar
Check it out!!

Nature: Bashful
The graphics seems to be promising....Great hack.....
Old March 20th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Reb0rn
Son of a Plunder

Nature: Adamant
This hack looks really professional, I have to say.
I absolutely love the tiles and the mapping, and I hope the scripting will live up to the same standards.
Old March 20th, 2013, 11:33 AM
FBI agent
Imagine something beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reb0rn View Post
I absolutely love the tiles and the mapping, and I hope the scripting will live up to the same standards.
I too hope the scripting can live up to the graphic's standards :P
I wonder where people get these awesome background images for their titlescreens, I can't find any decent ones :(

Hacks I support:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=297199 --Legend of Anbuja
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=200227 -- Pokemon Rose version

People whom I thank:
Comrade -- For helping me with my bad hack, and for being a good friend
Darthatron -- Helping me get into basic ASM, even though I'm hopeless. (He is heartless stay away).
Anbuja's_BlooDY -- Graphics help, and being a good friend
FBI -- For having the username I wanted
Old March 20th, 2013, 02:44 PM
~Anbuja
Let's Keep It Simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clacla View Post
Wow, this hack is looking even better than last time I saw it! I leave for a couple months and this happens... lol. Well, I can't wait to help with the scripting, and I can help with thread CSS if necessary. And my suggestion about Tyrogue (Since I saw it mentioned) is that it has it's stats buffed a bit, so that it isn't a pushover.

Thanks brother months can do miracles :p
I've thought about everything regarding Tyrogue so it'll be everything alright when its playable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Zero View Post
Sweet, that's pretty cool, that way i can steal use them in my hack.

With credits of course.
You can have them all :p
Quote:
I love that titlescreen :) It's way beyond my ability to make!
Not that hard todo really, didn't even added any spicy effects or anything :<

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxypower View Post
looks great keep up the good work
Thanks man, we do what we can :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDRO12 View Post
You know, I always knew you were gonna make this hack work. How many times have you improved the graphics here huh? And I mean, look at them. Wow bro, just wow. I love it, I love everything about it. The tiles, the OWs, the story, and that title is legendary to me. It's the first hack I ever worked on, the first hack I ever co-ran, and the only hack I regretted leaving.

Good luck man. By the way, next time tell me when you come back from the dead, I've been trying to reach you forever, and all the time you were actually back on PC, the last place I expected you'd be ;-;

Also, why on Earth am I in the credits? I think I'd remember if I ever made a hacking tool ¬.¬
Ugh, I think it got reseted/screwed up like 100 times Lol*Too bad there isn't a most reseted hack award* Too bad that I'm a perfectionist when it comes to graphics, and never can get satisfied enough of my work :<

This time I'am though and will stay that way :p

Yeah, its you guys who made me come back and try it one last time <3

Being the best friend and the motive to come back here and hack again like the early days is enough for you to be in the credits list, brother :>

Quote:
Hey guys, Anbuja told me he'd been working a lot on this hack, he just can't find something presentable for an update.
Keppin' em updated is cool :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackstar View Post
The graphics seems to be promising....Great hack.....
Thanks, I'll try to promise alot more :>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reb0rn View Post
Thanks brother the graphics is what I love to do after all :p
I'm sure with FBI and Clacla it will be up to the standards people like for which I thank especially FBI with him I did probably the most progress done in 3 year, in just 2 weeks <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
I too hope the scripting can live up to the graphic's standards :P
I wonder where people get these awesome background images for their titlescreens, I can't find any decent ones :(
Mine is a generic HG/SS route background Lol.

Scripting is good btw <3

Update:

Off course Giovanni and the grunts are just placeholders, I didn't got around working on the evil subpeople.
I'm not crazy to make you fight team Rocket, I'd rather fight a whole mafia organization.

And yes it seems I'm kind off good at making kind off good BB, thats going to be the final BB.

Jacob had a Abra as his starter, trying to put you and your fighting type into a hard time later in game.

Bunbun gets in trouble with old friends...

Majuba Town screens included I might go and remap it maybe though.

Reb0rn needs credits for the animations, thank you bro.

Alpha 1.0 is almost at 80% :p

Important:
I have a question that bugged me since the restart of this hack:
I've been thinking to add maybe supernatural creatures (Orcs, Elves, Demons etc.) as a race, not as actual Pokemon but as trainers with which you can interact and battle around.

I think that would add alot of fun for me, but I just wanted to get some opinions first.
Off course like always I'd sprite them all :p

I would love if you guys would bother to give me your thoughts to my idea, with pros and contras of that would be very nice of you.
even a simple yes/no would work but keep in mind that your post don't be counted as rather spam for that.

Until next timeee ~Anbuja

Last edited by ~Anbuja; March 20th, 2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old March 20th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影

Cool update! The animation isn't working for me thou, too much things moving at once can be annoying o.o I support the idea of Orcs etc so long as it fits into your storyline. Just let your creativity run wild! good job, Anbuja! You've done it again

Last edited by giradialkia; April 2nd, 2013 at 02:41 AM. Reason: No need to quote long posts like that, hehe
Old March 20th, 2013, 03:29 PM
~Anbuja
Let's Keep It Simple

Quote:
Cool update! The animation isn't working for me thou, too much things moving at once can be annoying o.o I support the idea of Orcs etc so long as it fits into your storyline. Just let your creativity run wild! good job, Anbuja! You've done it again

Thats probably because in photoshop when I did it I didn't set the speed of it that slow how it is supposed to be.
My Pc isn't the best so it looked alright, after the post I've noticed it is really fast, but in the ROM it is really slow so don't worry it is almost unnoticable

Thanks for the feedback at them Orcs :p
Old March 20th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影

I understand hahas Windows XP, mate. You gotta love it. And the animation being run slowly is just nice for me
Old March 21st, 2013, 08:19 AM
AmazingCharizard
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator

Simply amazing, as stated before I hope that your scripting match up to these awesome graphics. How much content will Alpha 1 contain?
Good luck, bro!
BTW: Supernatural creatures would be fine and ok for me, but not a major highlight as long as Pokémon are still in the spotlight(I´m not sentimental, don´t kill me).

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
2.Use Google to find the rom you need.
3.PATCH THAT THING AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
Old March 22nd, 2013, 12:54 PM
~Anbuja
Let's Keep It Simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingCharizard View Post
Simply amazing, as stated before I hope that your scripting match up to these awesome graphics. How much content will Alpha 1 contain?
Good luck, bro!
BTW: Supernatural creatures would be fine and ok for me, but not a major highlight as long as Pokémon are still in the spotlight(I´m not sentimental, don´t kill me).
Unfortunately you wont be able to get at least 1 badge in the alpha.
The alpha will include 8 maps that ends right in front of the 1st gym town.
But you will have alot todo in the time you reach the last route anyways and get alot more of an idea of what the real story is about.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:07 PM
mikeyisdead
Unhatched Egg

i love the screenshot
it's amazing
i won't play alpha
until it finish fully
i wanna be surprise
Old March 23rd, 2013, 10:09 AM
AmazingCharizard
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anbuja's_BlooDY View Post
Unfortunately you wont be able to get at least 1 badge in the alpha.
The alpha will include 8 maps that ends right in front of the 1st gym town.
But you will have alot todo in the time you reach the last route anyways and get alot more of an idea of what the real story is about.
Well, I actually like it if you don´t get badges too fast so that would be no problem at all for me.

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
2.Use Google to find the rom you need.
3.PATCH THAT THING AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
Old March 23rd, 2013, 10:34 AM
Dradier234

Nature: Careful
All the graphics in this game are impressive. Your artist is really skilled. Hopefully you'll finish this!
Old March 24th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Hoenn
➜is not the last B E A C O N

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Meh, I thought I'll give a thought on the screenies.

★The TS looks pretty nice, although it's lineart connects to digital art rather than Pixel Art, so it kind of clashes with the background. Luckily, Arceus covers most of the screen, so this can be ignored.

★I thought that the indoor tiles can only be a bit good, you've proved me wrong with outsanding indoor tiles xd

★I love the placement of trees and rocks, also different sizes of trees and most important, the wind animation. They give everything a natural feel.

★The. Battle. BGs. Are. Ultimatum! Love em.

★I hope that you can give giovanni and his goons placeholder OWs in this screenshot a new look... or maybe I could do em for you :P.

★Ooo, the water seems nice! Or maybe that's just cause I'm a big water lover. Yeah, the important part is the floating tree, it gives the new feel of things in water.

Yep, all that said, you should NOT fail on this hack ever! No, we all are backing you xD.

Good luck ;)

Previously known as Elaitenstile 
Old March 29th, 2013, 02:51 AM
~Anbuja
Let's Keep It Simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dradier234 View Post
All the graphics in this game are impressive. Your artist is really skilled. Hopefully you'll finish this!
Thank you alot, its appreaticed.
Also yes I think he is kind of good *Looks at his username* :p
This time I'm determined to finish this, so I think I'll do this :>

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingCharizard View Post
Well, I actually like it if you don´t get badges too fast so that would be no problem at all for me.
Mhm good to hear.
I think getting badges every city is really annoying, and I have a suprise for the gyms anyways :>

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyisdead View Post
i love the screenshot
it's amazing
i won't play alpha
until it finish fully
i wanna be surprise ^_^

Oh thank you man, I don't think that the full release will be anytime soon though :<
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★ View Post
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Meh, I thought I'll give a thought on the screenies.

★The TS looks pretty nice, although it's lineart connects to digital art rather than Pixel Art, so it kind of clashes with the background. Luckily, Arceus covers most of the screen, so this can be ignored.

Mhm, the background might be changed, since this TS isn't isnerted yet anyways.
I want everything to look perfect before I even touch inserting it.
Also I thought of isnerting it all separated to get the animation of Arceus when getting into the press start screen

★I thought that the indoor tiles can only be a bit good, you've proved me wrong with outsanding indoor tiles xd

You don't even have an idea how many times I've changed them :p
Maybe 20 times :p

★I love the placement of trees and rocks, also different sizes of trees and most important, the wind animation. They give everything a natural feel.

Mapping is what I like alot, also the wind was an idea I had like 2 years ago with EC. Reb0rn just implemented it without asking him :P
Which was really nice of him :>

★The. Battle. BGs. Are. Ultimatum! Love em.
I think it looks good too, but wiht a custom palette it will look alot better.
Actually I already have one :>

★I hope that you can give giovanni and his goons placeholder OWs in this screenshot a new look... or maybe I could do em for you :P.

Well I know how I want them to look like, just not sure if they should be human or not :>

★Ooo, the water seems nice! Or maybe that's just cause I'm a big water lover. Yeah, the important part is the floating tree, it gives the new feel of things in water.

I try to get everything how it would probably be in nature too.
Thats why I take so much times assembling stuff and whatsoever :>

Yep, all that said, you should NOT fail on this hack ever! No, we all are backing you xD.

Good luck ;)

Comments in the quoted spoiler, and thanks alot bro the feedback is really appreaticed :>

Update:
Here have some screens:

Hope you enjoy, I will work on some scripting tonight probably :>
I had some trouble with some Ow's changing in game, but it seemed it had to do with the movement command I gave them, messing them all up(Jogging on spot dont like the to jog).

I really enjoyed mapping this :>

So guys until sunday or monday with some new updates hopefully :>
~Anbuja

Sponsored Links

Advertise here