The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Old February 25th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Forever
let it go

So in most games we've had gift Pokemon - free, harder to find Pokemon, given to use by NPCs or often important characters in the games. Would you like to see gift Pokemon appear a lot in these games? Or maybe keep it to things like back in Johto when you were given a "gift" to deliver mail? Instead of a brand new Pokemon maybe just something with experience so it feels more like a gift instead of just being given something for free to the first person they find? Do you think if gift Pokemon were easy to find Pokemon it would make the idea of them being gifts as something less appealing?

Share yo thoughts!

Last edited by Forever; February 25th, 2013 at 08:33 AM.
Old February 25th, 2013, 08:30 AM
WishCookie
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
So in most games we've had gift Pokemon - free, harder to find Pokemon, given to use by NPCs or often important characters in the games. Would you like to see gift Pokemon appear a lot in these games? Or maybe keep it to things like back in Johto when you were given a "gift" to deliver mail? Instead of a brand new Pokemon maybe just something wit experience so it feels more like a gift instead of just being given something for free to the first person they find? Do you think if gift Pokemon were easy to find Pokemon it would make the idea of them being gifts as something less appealing?

Share yo thoughts!
I would like to see an Eevee being gifted just like in LeafGreen/Firered but yea, I wouldn't maybe want to see that many gift pokemon because I like to work hard for pokemon thats hard to get.

Diamond: 3782 4821 8857
HeartGold: 3740 9024 2026
Black: 3181 8256 6904
Black 2: 4599 8904 2318

Y: 1993 8202 9620
Old February 26th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
What I do think... is that gift Pokémon could only be given out by a few NPCs (Non-Playable Characters) and every Pokémon that is given out by an NPC would be a Pokémon that you cannot find anywhere in the wild at all, which is how it should be in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.

And that first Pokémon that comes into mind for being a gift given by an NPC would be an Eevee, but how about if it was given to you as an Egg instead? That would make things more interesting, then you can decide the path in which you'd like your Eevee to evolve into.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old February 26th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Yes, yes, yes!! I found gift Pokemon such an interesting concept, and for the right price(metaphorically speaking of course, I'm pretty picky on what Pokemon I'll take from someone, though!), I'll take it! What I don't want to see making a return is that dude that sells you Magikarp for like 500 Pokedollars. :x Maybe it's just me but even though it's a fish, selling Pokemon(even as a gift), just feels weird to me, so I hope that doesn't make a return anytime soon. XD;

And nah, I really don't think it would reduce their value(in this generation, anyway) because gift Pokemon are pretty far and few between anyway(at least, in my experience, or maybe it's just me), so I'd like there to be some more, hopefully with some useful Pokemon? I'm not getting my hopes up by any means, but yeah!
Old February 27th, 2013, 04:22 PM
OrangeNess
Layton Lover

Nature: Docile
What I would like to see: Magikarp Guy (Cause I'm too lazy to catch one myself), and one starter from any region of your choice after a sidequest
What we'll get: A Pokemon with it's hidden ability, a pokemon that you have to do some spelunking to find, and a rock-type fossil pokemon.
Old February 27th, 2013, 04:33 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I'll perfer to get a egg like in GSCPtHgSsB2W2 as a gift rather than a already hatched Pokémon. There's more of a surprise in that . Oh and I imagine it'll be like Togepi and Riolu, the only one we can get without breeding.

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old February 27th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Forever
let it go

I don't want another Magikarp guy! I want the derp of 6th gen guy. ;)

Or maybe we can be given something rare like a Pokemon with a special out of battle effect (actually yeah, gift Pokemon with special abilities would be awesome if they're found regularily!)
Old February 27th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I think with the new Eeveelution being revealed that there's probably going to be a gift Eevee somewhere in the region. I agree that the random egg that was given in GSC was an awesome concept and I'd love to see that come back again!

Sponsored Links