The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 25th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Forever
let it go

In Ruby and Sapphire there was something we all aspired to find: Mirage Island. The chances of finding it were low, but if you found it, you got the self-gratification that you found it!! With this being the sixth generation, and the island originally appearing in the third, do you think chances are it could return? Would you like to see something similar (like a rare island that keeps appearing/re-appearing) to Mirage Island - that appears only under certain conditions, or maybe on certain days, and with items that change all the time? If so, would you be okay with getting another old man that looks for Mirage Island to find it for you? Or would you rather it just be a thing you stumbled upon? Share your thoughts~~
Old February 25th, 2013, 08:53 AM
WishCookie
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
In Ruby and Sapphire there was something we all aspired to find: Mirage Island. The chances of finding it were low, but if you found it, you got the self-gratification that you found it!! With this being the sixth generation, and the island originally appearing in the third, do you think chances are it could return? Would you like to see something similar (like a rare island that keeps appearing/re-appearing) to Mirage Island - that appears only under certain conditions, or maybe on certain days, and with items that change all the time? If so, would you be okay with getting another old man that looks for Mirage Island to find it for you? Or would you rather it just be a thing you stumbled upon? Share your thoughts~~
Well that would be rather awesome! I would be really happy if they decided to make a return of the Mirage Island! I remember how happy I was to finally find it on my Ruby! Its even rarer than finding a wild shiny pokemon! In other words, I DEMAND THE RETURN OF MIRAGE ISLAND! I would like it to contain a super rare item and a very very rare pokemon. I would also like it to just appear infront of my face without me knowing it and the sight should be like a beautiful paradise.

Diamond: 3782 4821 8857
HeartGold: 3740 9024 2026
Black: 3181 8256 6904
Black 2: 4599 8904 2318

Y: 1993 8202 9620

Last edited by WishCookie; February 25th, 2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old February 25th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Yet another frivolity from Hoenn I hope never comes back, unless the odds are much higher.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old February 25th, 2013, 09:39 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I never got to see it
However if the odds were slightly upped by say pokemon with certain abilities it'll be nice. Maybe they could make a special building that appears and disappears sort of like Mirage Tower and Mirage Island combined.
Old February 25th, 2013, 02:12 PM
zoroarkrules25

I would love to see mirage island again but i would rather it be easier to find then in ruby, sapphire and emerald.
Old February 25th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
It would be the perfect location for finding Pokémon with their Hidden Abilities. However, the odds of finding it would definitely have to be higher than what it was in RSE. To this day, despite the number of times I've played my Ruby, I've never been able to see Mirage Island.
Old February 25th, 2013, 02:53 PM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
It would be the perfect location for finding Pokémon with their Hidden Abilities.
GENIUS. This would be a great way to make use of a mysterious, enigmatic area like this, while at the same time conveniently replacing Dream World. Essentially knocking two birds out with one stone. It would be awesome, as well.

However, I disagree with people who suggest that such an area be more common. It's supposed to be rare, people! If everybody gets to find it within about three playthroughs, that would be terribly boring.
Old February 25th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Castform

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
I would love to see this return because it was such a neat feature in RSE(even though I was never lucky enough to find it). However, I think the method of it appearing and the diversity of species both need to be better.
Old February 25th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Guy
just a guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tente2 View Post
However, I disagree with people who suggest that such an area be more common. It's supposed to be rare, people! If everybody gets to find it within about three playthroughs, that would be terribly boring.
It doesn't necessarily have to be easier to find, but as jellicentfan1 pointed out, the method of finding it should definitely be altered. There are still people who have yet to come across Mirage Island in RSE, myself included, and to me that's just a sign that it was made far too difficult to find even if it was meant to be a rare location.
Old February 25th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
It would be the perfect location for finding Pokémon with their Hidden Abilities. However, the odds of finding it would definitely have to be higher than what it was in RSE. To this day, despite the number of times I've played my Ruby, I've never been able to see Mirage Island.
!!! Hidden abilities of rare Pokemon would make it 10x more desired. Imagine if they didn't say it was specific, and rather you found it out on your own when exploring, making it like a real treat.
Old February 25th, 2013, 06:47 PM
sab
Now too much of a life.

Nature: Timid
I spent three and a half years checking that thing everyday... I traded with people and got a bunch of pokemon with different trainer ids too. Yet the only way I ever found it was by rigging it with my AR. Such a shame... I think that it would be great to have back, but it should be about the same as a shiny pokemon instead of a 1 in 65,535 chance...
Old February 25th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
I hope it comes back BUT with a much better reward or some sort of achievment for getting there.

Wonder Trade!!!
Old February 25th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I'll be honest with you here: Mirage Island was such an insignificant thing in the third generation that I really don't think it should make a return. u___u Admittedly, I was really excited for it back then, and then I managed to stumble upon it, and was kind of disappointed. I mean, all it was really was an island full of Wynaut(and a few other things, maybe some rare berries?), so yeah, ever since then, I never really had a thing for it.

Edit: Whoops, this is why I should read things completely. Anyway...

It would be nice to see a return of some sort of disappearing/re-appearing island, but I don't have my hopes up generally because Mirage Island kind of let me down. :x
Old February 25th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Mirage Island was kind of a cool concept that was never really explained ingame so as a child I literally had no idea what was going on, haha. That island was really put in the wrong generation - in RSE I rarely traded with anyone but myself (lonely child) because you actually had to BE there with the person. But now with Wifi, it's sooo much easier to get more ID numbers and now Pokemon is actually pushing you to interact with others, so yeah, I actually do think it'll return somehow!

.. I'm also kind of hoping it won't return in XY, I'm holding out hope for an RSE remake, haha.
Old February 26th, 2013, 03:23 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapras* View Post
Mirage Island was kind of a cool concept that was never really explained ingame so as a child I literally had no idea what was going on, haha. That island was really put in the wrong generation - in RSE I rarely traded with anyone but myself (lonely child) because you actually had to BE there with the person. But now with Wifi, it's sooo much easier to get more ID numbers and now Pokemon is actually pushing you to interact with others, so yeah, I actually do think it'll return somehow!

.. I'm also kind of hoping it won't return in XY, I'm holding out hope for an RSE remake, haha. ^_^
Maybe it won't be ID numbers because it's so easy now! It could be based upon your bonds maybe, the tighter bonds with Pokemon you have could increase changes of the island? idk.
Old February 26th, 2013, 03:34 AM
Diversion
Mega Aerodactyl.

Nature: Serious
Despite liking Hoenn,
I didn't like Mirage Islalnd, it's just full of Wynaut and a single liechi berry.
There's no point at all.
But I hope it returns to Gen VI being better than in Gen III.
Old February 26th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Instead of an island similar to Mirage Island... how about we have a place that disappears and reappears in the same way as Mirage Island, but isn't an island at all.

How about we have a place inside a forest that you'd normally navigate through during your adventure, and that special place only appears deep within the forest on very special conditions or special days? Just imagine the forest being somewhat similar to the Lost Woods from the Zelda games in how you have to go in certain directions in order to reach your destination, but as for that special place deep within the forest... the directions you'd have to go in will change every time that special day arrives or that special condition.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old February 26th, 2013, 08:55 AM
A Shadow's Soul
Waaaaaaaaaat?
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
In my honest opinion mirage island in generation was a massive flop because it appeared so rarely it was something I never bothered about trying to find I never went to speak to the old man after I spoke to him the first time to see if the island had reappeared to me it was a totally useless island you could catch level 5-50 Wynauts which to me is stupid as you receive a Wynaut egg early on in the game so why you would need another one is beyond me and the only other thing on the island is a berry for increasing ones attack stat which again is something totally unneeded in the game.

Adding in special easter eggs is a huge hope of mine within the pokemon games however they need to remember an easter egg is supposed to be something cool and exciting such as the secret key in platinum where a captured Rotom could have it's form changed but the generation 3 mirage island was just massively boring and didn't interest me at all! Maybe if I couldn't of had the Wynaut egg early on in the game I would be forced into finding the island as I would need a Wynaut for my pokedex but I didn't so there was no point, if they were to incorporate some sort of island within the game I would expect it to be a place where a legendary pokemon or a very rare pokemon would be hiding away even the possibility of a cave system with some interesting features would peak my interest but a boring island with 1 pokemon and a berry certainly wouldn't.

To me the mirage tower in the Desert part of emerald was more interesting as I got a chance to obtain a fossil pokemon and when playing the game for the first time seeing that tower disappear and reappear was something which took me by surprise and made me very curious.

~ Mell - Red Fraction ~
Hi I'm Adam ~ Showdown ~ VM ~

Old February 26th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
If they do include something like this I hope it's not an island.

I keep thinking it would be interesting (and bizarre) if they had a town which was on a mechanism that flipped every day. So one town would be usable above ground and the other would be dormant underground (but you could still go down there like it's a cave) One version of the town is a quiet country town and the other is a bustling city scene. That would be strange.

Don't know where that idea came from. XD
Old February 26th, 2013, 11:59 AM
T-Zombie
The End (?)

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
If they do put something like this they should put a Celebi on it with a move that lets you speed up time so you could go to mirage island any time you like to
Old February 26th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
Instead of an island similar to Mirage Island... how about we have a place that disappears and reappears in the same way as Mirage Island, but isn't an island at all.

How about we have a place inside a forest that you'd normally navigate through during your adventure, and that special place only appears deep within the forest on very special conditions or special days? Just imagine the forest being somewhat similar to the Lost Woods from the Zelda games in how you have to go in certain directions in order to reach your destination, but as for that special place deep within the forest... the directions you'd have to go in will change every time that special day arrives or that special condition.
Deep forest could also have rarer items than an island good too because they seem harder to find!

I mean that's kind of how I thought Entralink would work, really ;x

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Zombie View Post
If they do put something like this they should put a Celebi on it with a move that lets you speed up time so you could go to mirage island any time you like to
That means a free Celebi and I'm not sure they wanna give them away that easily :(
Old February 27th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Guy
just a guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Zombie View Post
Doing that would make Mirage Island lose its appeal in my opinion, not to mention any sort of challenge there would be to getting there. While the odds of seeing Mirage Island in RSE was far too high, there was at least a looming mystery of the island and challenge to getting there. If we had a Pokémon like Celebi who could just take us there any time we wanted to, then it just becomes a regular location like any other town or city.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links