Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 23rd, 2013 (04:04 PM). Edited February 23rd, 2013 by Gary0ak.
Gary0ak
TPP ROM Hacker

One: What could be behind that big question mark?
Two: What is in that image we could already see? (To me, it looks like the back of a Shiny Lucario)
Old February 23rd, 2013 (04:08 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
It just looks like a normal Lucario to me. o.o; But that's pretty interesting...it's really hard to say at this point, because there's no defining features of anything to actually even make a guess as to what it is. Maybe a new Pokemon of some sort?
Old February 23rd, 2013 (04:50 PM).
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
It's weird to think they would reveal a new pokemon in such a way. Showing off a view of it's back....that makes no sense to me.

It looks like Lucario. I can't figure out why a Lucario warrants a reveal like that though.
Old February 23rd, 2013 (04:53 PM).
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
If it were something, it would be on the news sites right? But still, one guys holding the question mark, the other is holding the Lucario pic. And where is that from anyway? Huh, it seems to be just part of a normal Pokemon Smash segment or something.

#328 Trapinch
Supporter Collab January 2015
Doctor Who Fan Club

Old February 23rd, 2013 (04:55 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Sabrewulf238:
It's weird to think they would reveal a new pokemon in such a way. Showing off a view of it's back....that makes no sense to me.

It looks like Lucario. I can't figure out why a Lucario warrants a reveal like that though.
I think it's just Lucario facing a particular Pokemon, but we don't know that Pokemon -yet-.
Old February 23rd, 2013 (04:59 PM). Edited February 23rd, 2013 by Gary0ak.
Gary0ak
TPP ROM Hacker

Quote originally posted by Elendil:
If it were something, it would be on the news sites right? But still, one guys holding the question mark, the other is holding the Lucario pic. And where is that from anyway? Huh, it seems to be just part of a normal Pokemon Smash segment or something.
Pokemon Smash Preview at the end (58:01)

Uploaded 6 second footage on my alt:
Old February 23rd, 2013 (05:03 PM).
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Yeah, I meant that its previewing a normal segment at the end of the ep, and its not some preview of a reveal. Everyone's holding a card like that, and pens as well. Its probably some kind of drawing contest or such.

#328 Trapinch
Doctor Who Fan Club

Old February 23rd, 2013 (05:22 PM).
Gary0ak
TPP ROM Hacker

Quote originally posted by Elendil:
Yeah, I meant that its previewing a normal segment at the end of the ep, and its not some preview of a reveal. Everyone's holding a card like that, and pens as well. Its probably some kind of drawing contest or such.
Yeah, but why hide it like that? There was also a Question mark over his mouth.
Old February 23rd, 2013 (05:53 PM).
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Added effect? Who knows, I just wouldn't take it as anything. I could be wrong, and they're giving us something next week, but I doubt it.

#328 Trapinch
Doctor Who Fan Club

Old February 23rd, 2013 (06:17 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
They did that with the kid with the Yo-yo a few weeks ago and the guy that got shot by a smoke cannon in the face. They placed a ? over his face then. They just do that to build suspense for the next episode. As for the Lucario picture, its either a questionaire thing or a Lucario Wifi Event.
Old February 23rd, 2013 (06:22 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by XanderO:
They did that with the kid with the Yo-yo a few weeks ago and the guy that got shot by a smoke cannon in the face. They placed a ? over his face then. They just do that to build suspense for the next episode. As for the Lucario picture, its either a questionaire thing or a Lucario Wifi Event.
So what you're saying is that this entire Pokemon Smash episode might not even be related to X/Y? XD Well, that must suck.
Old February 23rd, 2013 (06:42 PM).
Nothing Is Real
It's all in the mind you know!

Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
So what you're saying is that this entire Pokemon Smash episode might not even be related to X/Y? XD Well, that must suck.
I'm pretty sure any more news concerning X and Y will be minimal until next month. That's what tends to happen in the early days of a newly announced game. We get little scraps of information, and nearer the time of release we suddenly get huge waves of new stuff as most of the new Pokemon are leaked onto the internet.
There's nobody there
Old February 23rd, 2013 (06:43 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Well, that sucks. It seems that this was just made for hype/wi-fi events then. :( Glad this month is almost over though, so we can expect more things next month~!
Old February 23rd, 2013 (07:01 PM).
Nothing Is Real
It's all in the mind you know!

It does suck, but it also means lots of speculation, which I enjoy. The hype surrounding the games makes it that much more exciting.
There's nobody there
Old February 23rd, 2013 (07:13 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
What ever may air on Smash will appear next week on Pokemon.com.

So far Pokemon.com has updated before the Japanese sources. Types for the Starters were updated on Pokemon.com before we got any other official source. Pokemon.com released Yveltal and Xerneas' names before they posted both on Twitter. Pokemon.com tehcnically released Sylveon before its "official release" through Coro Coro which was legally released on the 15th. So Sylveon was released on the 14th, Ninfia was released through official sales date for Coro Coro which is the 15th of the month, and Ninfia's video was officially released on the 17th during Pokemon Smash.

Pokemon.com has been releasing everything before other sources legally releasing theirs. Leaks do not count because they aren't official releases. They are releases before appropriate dates. Since Coro Coro releases for sale on the 15th all leaks are official on the 15th.

So before next week's Smash Pokemon.com should update. If it doesn't then there is a good chance that there is nothing new.
Old February 24th, 2013 (02:41 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Sort of takes away from the anticipation of watching these things if we're to get it the day before. However if that's so than we'll know on Friday, though I doubt it's anything important.
Old February 25th, 2013 (08:07 AM).
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
To me... I feel they might actually be revealing either Sylveon's type or an evolution of Lucario that would appear in Pokémon X and Y.

Seeing as one has a question mark on it and the other shows the backside of Lucario.

But I guess we'll find out what it is that they reveal when the next Pokémon Smash airs on Sunday.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm gradually learning to use Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old February 25th, 2013 (02:08 PM).
Yamiidenryuu

Well, it's probably not about BW, since Lucario's backsprite isn't posed like that. So I'm guessing that screenshot is from XY. I really can't tell what that floating white circle in the middle of the shot is, though. A Pokeball thrown by the opponent? Of course, this is assuming it's a screenshot and not art of Lucario staring at the moon or something. Yeah, I dunno. -shrug-

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Old February 25th, 2013 (02:16 PM).
zoroarkrules25

Quote originally posted by PokémonShinySilver:
To me... I feel they might actually be revealing either Sylveon's type or an evolution of Lucario that would appear in Pokémon X and Y.

Seeing as one has a question mark on it and the other shows the backside of Lucario.

But I guess we'll find out what it is that they reveal when the next Pokémon Smash airs on Sunday.
I think lucario has nothing to do with this but it is a cool picture. I think the ? will be a new pokemon though.
Old February 25th, 2013 (03:28 PM).
A3R0D4C7YL
Dark Type Master

Maybe Lucario's getting an evolution (not like it needs one though)

My Youtube: http://youtube.com/superstition456
So yea...subscribe or something!

Aerodactyl! Weavile! ATTACK!!!

Old February 25th, 2013 (03:34 PM).
StinkomanFan
Intern of the Pokemon world

Nature: Quirky
There's something about the way Lucario's reacting to it that makes me wonder if this is really as big as we think it is. He looks like he's laughing or vomitting at the sight of it.
Old February 25th, 2013 (04:15 PM).
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
Quote:
Yeah, but why hide it like that? There was also a Question mark over his mouth.
One important thing to remember about Smash - or any other type of show from Japan in fact - is that the primary purpose isn't to give new X and Y info. It's to entertain kids with a variety of Pokemon-based things. They frequently do things to attract interest for the next show that has turned out to be nothing more exciting than a Japan-only wifi event, or some colouring comp, or whatnot. I would hold very little stock in this being X&Y info as such, especially as the game's release is still a very long time away. They're going to take their time in releasing info. Plus they tend to coincide with Coro coro info by maybe a week tops, and that happens middle of the month.

As it is, this having a picture of Lucario means nothing substantial at all; if anything it'd suggest this isn't new info being shown off but just something Lucario related. Maybe they're doing a joke about it. Or a wifi Lucario event. Or a picture contest given the pens mentioned by someone else. Let's not go reading too much into every little thing.
Newest article: Gym Reviews: Hoenn!
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links