The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 20th, 2013 (12:03 PM).
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lapras- View Post
Spoiler:
Yes, the next hundred chapters of Bleach will be a sports manga!
Oh, I'd so read that.

Spoiler:
Anyway, liking where this is going. Certainly didn't expect him to suddenly fail, but this means he can go elsewhere and have the coming chapters be about something potentially more awesome than just magically getting his zanpakuto back.

...Well, I say that, but chances are it's just gonna be Vizard new-powers-training arc v2.
...Oh wait, that was Furblings, wasn't it.

v3 then.

Old February 20th, 2013 (01:00 PM).
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Wild theory time because why not.

Ichigo is an experiment of unlimited potential, like the Hogyouku but in human form. His ability is to adapt and survive, he is simply a big ball of instinct that absorbs everything around him. His first sword was so basic because the only one he had seen was Rukia's, it improved second time round after gaining experience fighting with Renji and losing to Byakuya. The thing with his "mum" (Probably a set up, what better way to give someone a protecting nakama fetish), fights with hollows, the menos and later the chain in the shattered shaft introduced him to those abilities which he would appear in him when he needs. His only attacks are ones that Isshin has, he picked them up subconsciously whilst living in the Kurosaki houshold for all those year. His bankai looks and works differently to everyone else's as he obtained it not really knowing much about it, he only really knew it would boost his power and that's all it does. He gains the mask after training with the masks, he gains fullbring after training with fullbringers, that is how he works. The only thing he won't be able to obtain is the thing all of his actions seem to be based on, that of course being
Spoiler:
The Heart

#bigannoyingsigs4lyf | mal |
Old February 20th, 2013 (02:18 PM).
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Quote:
Wild theory time because why not.

Ichigo is an experiment of unlimited potential, like the Hogyouku but in human form. His ability is to adapt and survive, he is simply a big ball of instinct that absorbs everything around him. His first sword was so basic because the only one he had seen was Rukia's, it improved second time round after gaining experience fighting with Renji and losing to Byakuya. The thing with his "mum" (Probably a set up, what better way to give someone a protecting nakama fetish), fights with hollows, the menos and later the chain in the shattered shaft introduced him to those abilities which he would appear in him when he needs. His only attacks are ones that Isshin has, he picked them up subconsciously whilst living in the Kurosaki houshold for all those year. His bankai looks and works differently to everyone else's as he obtained it not really knowing much about it, he only really knew it would boost his power and that's all it does. He gains the mask after training with the masks, he gains fullbring after training with fullbringers, that is how he works. The only thing he won't be able to obtain is the thing all of his actions seem to be based on, that of course being
Spoiler:
The Heart
I giggled.

Actually, that WOULD explain the sheer boringness of his abilities.

Old February 20th, 2013 (02:31 PM).
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

And Zangetsu is just a bipolar hollow messing with his head.

Oh, I forgot to mention in my first, slightly serious post.

This chapter has really made me doubt
Spoiler:
the fact that he really got his Shinigami powers back. Kinda thinking this current appearance really is just an awakened form of his fullbring. I don't believe Zangetsu would have been broken that easily pre timeskip.

Old February 20th, 2013 (10:22 PM).
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Quote:
This chapter has really made me doubt
Spoiler:
the fact that he really got his Shinigami powers back. Kinda thinking this current appearance really is just an awakened form of his fullbring. I don't believe Zangetsu would have been broken that easily pre timeskip.
That makes sense.
Spoiler:
You'd have thought he would at least try to talk to Zangetsu if he was actually there.

Old February 23rd, 2013 (09:32 AM).
Zameric
The One and Only

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Zameric
Those are some interesting theories Lapras.
But it seems like we can never be truly certain about Kubo's ideas.
Kubo has been kind of cryptic with the true nature of Ichigo's powers and how they originated this whole time.

Spoiler:
I'm more upset about his cliffhanger on Zaraki's end.
Typical Kubo to be the ultimate tease.
He could have at least given us a name, or a face, or even a silhouette. :/

Probably more comments to come when I get the official Viz translations.

Old February 23rd, 2013 (07:30 PM).
Jirachi504

Bleach has been running pretty long!
Old February 25th, 2013 (04:39 PM).
Zameric
The One and Only

Yes it has, Jirachi504

After reading Viz's official translation, I wanted to share a part with you guys.
Spoiler:
On the last page, Ōetsu's script seems more clear in the Viz translation.

"You're not there yet, Ichigo.
You don't understand what it means...
that you have been able to come this far without having an Asauchi.
You gotta go back, yo. Back to your roots.
You gotta learn about your past.
Even if knowing your roots means you can never return."

Mangastream's translation seems to allude that Ichigo just needs to relearn some skills.
But Viz's translation plays more to his murky origins.

I wasn't sure if I should spoiler this or not, since most people might not have access to this until it comes out in volume format...

Old February 25th, 2013 (05:52 PM).
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

So the whole
Spoiler:
learn about your past
was highlighted then. I had a a feeling that's what it meant. So the next part may well be examining
Spoiler:
Ichigo's (probably) Quincy blood. Bach being his dad. Ishida being his brother. Orihime's soul travelling back before the show started so that she could become Ichigo's mum. You know the stuff.

Old February 27th, 2013 (07:53 AM).
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Spoiler:
Quote:
Ichigo's (probably) Quincy blood.
Would make sense.
Quote:
Bach being his dad.
Hahaha
Quote:
Ishida being his brother.
Sure, why not. :P
Quote:
Orihime's soul travelling back before the show started so that she could become Ichigo's mum. You know the stuff.
WHOA. WHOA. NO NO NO NO. STOP IT. MY BRAIN. AHHHHH.

Anyhow, new chapter.
Spoiler:
So suddenly Ichigo is back in Karakura in his real body. I guess for some reason he hasn't talked to any other shinigami about this? Just, left them all hoping for him to become all awesome and went home instead. Okay.

The regular angst stuff. Now everyone will hate me, etc.

Still curious about what the hell is going on with Urahara and the gang.

Some good service with boss woman. And hello Isshin.
"Get ready for some gut spilling." Oh man oh man, some big reveal coming up now. That line actually made me smile.

"Your mother was-"
Oh. It's just that? Aw. That's not really a surprise. Aaannnd it makes us wonder how she couldn't defend herself against Grand Fisher. Well, GF was a pretty strong hollow. But maybe she was just a crappy quincy. (or held back because of Ichigo or some random BS)

Anyway, grand love story, coming up.

Old February 27th, 2013 (08:28 AM).
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Orihime's soul travelling back in time and becoming Ichigo's mother confirmed.
Spoiler:
Her first action is to heal him up. Ever heard of a Quincy healing someone?

DESTINY confirmed.
Spoiler:

Old February 27th, 2013 (08:36 AM).
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Spoiler:
Meh, quincy powers seem to be pretty much the same stuff as shinigami and arrancar stuff at this point. If they all have their versions of the practically same shunpo, the same type of "release", and so forth, healing abilities don't really feel out of the question.

That and orihime's hairline and her having to be a quincy to begin with for this to work.

Old February 27th, 2013 (10:23 AM).
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

I just don't think healing powers suit the "Monk of destruction", I mean instead of healing they used that "Ransotengai" puppet no jutsu thing. Also Ishida is supposed to be smart, you think he'd learn some if it was there to be learnt. Most of the healing magic in Bleach is Kido, Quincy can'y do that.

I would explain slight appearance change quite easily. Being reborn into the world isn't an exact science, she won't be in the best frame of mind when her power goes berserk, stuff changes.

Her willingness to help a person even though he is an enemy is exactly what Orihime would do, though.

The not being a Quincy thing is the biggest hole in the theory but it's still not impossible. Quincy are just spiritually aware humans, Orihime is a spiritually aware human. When Ishida lost his powers all he had to do to get them back was run around and get shot by an arrow, if she really wanted I'm sure Orihime could run around and get shot by an arrow.

So yes. Orihime will lose it, her power will go berserk, she'll wake up as a child with healing powers in the human world, she'll be brought up as a Quincy, she'll meet a dying Shinigami and for reasons unknown (that strangely nostalgic/attractive spirit pressure) she'll help him, one thing leads to another and 3 Children are born.

Their first born child Ichigo takes most of the spiritual powers form both of his parents. It explains why Ichigo and Isshin share the same abilities and why Masaki couldn't put up a fight against Grand Fisher. It also makes sense that he would then go on to take all of Rukia's later on. 2nd born Karin has a fair amount spiritual awareness but the the third born Yuzu has next to none.

Old February 27th, 2013 (10:40 AM).
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

The dumbest thing of all is that that could actually work. :I
It's about time she used her powers for something important anyway.

Old February 27th, 2013 (11:04 AM). Edited February 27th, 2013 by Weeaboo Name.
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

I forgot to mention she actually had 4 children, the first ones were twins. No need to guess who I'm talking about here. Remember this part? That wasn't just a power boost that was the perfect harmony of the two spiritual powers of siblings.

Old February 27th, 2013 (11:36 AM).
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

So basically Kubo suffers from the occasional same face syndrome, yes. :D
The whole thing would be quite cool if pulled off well.

Old February 27th, 2013 (11:56 AM).
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

When he draws attention to the sameface (Ichigo and Ishida, Ichigo and Kaien,) I think it's safe to assume he's going to do something with it. Of course there are other very similar looking characters that even I couldn't make up a link for.

Still wondering if Tensa Zangetsu looking exactly like Rukia was intentional.

Old February 27th, 2013 (12:24 PM).
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Spoiler:
If he does, it might be really awesome. I really hope he has a big flippin' bomb that causes everything to make sense prepared to dump on us when we least expect it. No matter what, we're sure to at least get some of his relation to the Fifteens now.

Sorry, I can't really think atm, I'm completely absorbed into Molester Man.
Spoiler:
Miss Loli ;_;

Old February 27th, 2013 (12:40 PM).
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

I think Ganju looking exactly like Isshin and Kukaku and Kaien looking like Ichigo pretty much puts Ichigo in that clan. I seem to remember Byakuya saying that people in the noble families have higher spiritual pressure than the average person, Isshin flicked Aizen through a bunch of buildings and Kaien was Lieutenant at a pretty young age. Everything seems to fit.

People always complain about Kubo just writing randomly. How shocked they'll all be when they find out it was all planned from the beginning.

Old February 28th, 2013 (07:36 PM).
Zameric
The One and Only

You guys are supposed to use spoilers for this stuff, since the official English translation isn't out yet... :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokestick, good times.
Spoiler:
"Your mother was-"
Oh. It's just that? Aw. That's not really a surprise. Aaannnd it makes us wonder how she couldn't defend herself against Grand Fisher. Well, GF was a pretty strong hollow. But maybe she was just a crappy quincy. (or held back because of Ichigo or some random BS)
Spoiler:
I think "some random BS" will probably be the key phrase here.
Unless Kubo pulls a Oda, and actually comes out with a really well thoughtout plot twist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lapras-
DESTINY confirmed.
Spoiler:
That might be actually be an intentional similarity, but I don't know if I should give Kubo that much credit.

Quote:
I just don't think healing powers suit the "Monk of destruction", I mean instead of healing they used that "Ransotengai" puppet no jutsu thing. Also Ishida is supposed to be smart, you think he'd learn some if it was there to be learnt. Most of the healing magic in Bleach is Kido, Quincy can'y do that.
Probably just something that Kubo overlooked. The Quinzi's introduced some abilities that Uryu didn't know. His family's arm of the clan has probably been cut-off for a long time.

Quote:
I forgot to mention she actually had 4 children, the first ones were twins. No need to guess who I'm talking about here. Remember this part? That wasn't just a power boost that was the perfect harmony of the two spiritual powers of siblings.

That's probably just more a result of Kubo's lazy drawing style.
It seems like half of his male characters share the same face shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokestick, good times.
Spoiler:
Sorry, I can't really think atm, I'm completely absorbed into Molester Man.
Spoiler:
Miss Loli ;_;
Lol, whut?

Quote:
I think Ganju looking exactly like Isshin and Kukaku and Kaien looking like Ichigo pretty much puts Ichigo in that clan. I seem to remember Byakuya saying that people in the noble families have higher spiritual pressure than the average person, Isshin flicked Aizen through a bunch of buildings and Kaien was Lieutenant at a pretty young age. Everything seems to fit.
It's already been implied that Isshin and Ichigo might be related to the Shiba clan...

Old March 1st, 2013 (08:52 AM).
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

When was that implied? I can't remember.

Old March 4th, 2013 (06:58 PM).
Zameric
The One and Only

Well, it's been noted for a long time how Ichigo and Kaien look alike.
I've also seen people on teh internetz say that Ganju and Isshin kind of look similar.
Spoiler:
And this page has cause some people to speculate that Isshin is the uncle they are talking about.
I guess that speculation isn't real well known, but I thought I had seen it here too.

Manga 528
Spoiler:
Well, there are no real big differences between the MS and Viz translations.
I think that was a good change of pace from the last few chapters.
There have been a few hiccups, but Kubo's still doing good with this arc, imo.

We finally get final confirmation of two big points...
Isshin was actually a Captain at sometime before. But still no mention of which Squad...
And Masaki was a Quincy, making Ichigo half Quincy.
I wonder if that's part of why Ichigo took in so much of Rukia's spiritual energy.

Old March 6th, 2013 (10:36 AM).
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Chapter.
Spoiler:
Nothing new to speculate on really. Renji knew that continuing would be pointless for berry-kun. I guess that will be down to the method Ichigo became a shinigami. Considering they'd know all of this it makes it slightly odd that they'd bring him up.

Captain Shiba. Rangiku and her glistening breasts. Smaller Hitsugaya.

Aizen planning.

Also

Quincy Stars - Masaki
The moon - Isshin
Title of the chapter a couple of months ago - Born in the Dark

Why is everything Kubo writes so poetic?

Old March 6th, 2013 (02:27 PM).
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Spoiler:
Well, isn't that a really huge thing they all kept Ichigo in the dark about. I'm fully convinced Kubo just made this up for convenience at some point, because there's no way at least Rukia wouldn't have mentioned it otherwise. Actually Ichigo being a quincy is probably a relatively new fabrication too. Aizen did hint at it in the final battle though.

We getting another flashback, pendulum style? Awesome. So he was captain of the tenth division, he was good looking, and Rangiku was way more of an enjoyable character back then. Good times. I wonder how many years back that is, though. Hitsugaya's presence (and bankai) means it must be fairly recent.

Old March 6th, 2013 (04:38 PM).
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Spoiler:
I think we can presume that last flashback was not long before Isshin and Masaki met, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if that's where he's off to at the end there. If so that would mean this is roughly 25 years before the start of the series.

I honestly think he's had this Quincy thing planned from really early on. The relationship between Isshin and Ryuuken now makes perfect sense, brother in law through the marriage to Masaki. That would also explain the Ishida and Ichigo appearance similarity. As well as that there's the whole Aizen being interested in him from before he was born, I imagine shinigami and humans have had kids before but the idea of knocking up a Quincy is probably considered worse than bestiality, thus an interesting way to kill time. The first interaction between Ichigo and Aizen also shows his interest, If he wanted to cut him in half he would have cut him in half because he's Aizen.

Oh, and I seem to remember reading that Ichigo respects William Shakespeare. Inb7 this while Misaki x Isshin thing plays out a little like Romeo and Juliet.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links