• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Battle Server Support

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
I just want to add in a note regarding data spam. I haven't discussed what action can be taken yet in regards to it but I want to let you guys know that being voice, and being able to use !data is a privilege, and shouldn't be abused. Only use it if you need to check the data of something, not spam it whenever you get a chance. As you'd know, the data command uses up a lot of screen space, and can disrupt conversations if used too often. Keep that in mind, or we might need to work on a way to disable the command if this keeps up.
I agree, the !data spam can be annoying. Also...
Only use it if you need to check the data of something, not spam it whenever you get a chance. As you'd know, the data command uses up a lot of screen space, and can disrupt conversations if used too often.
This can be avoided with the use of /data, which everyone can use and NOT disrupt the chat, just high-lightening this part.

/data can be used to check well, data and it'll only appear to you, not to everyone at the server.

Years
Also, just in case if someone missed this, voiced members are basically the same as regular members except with those extra commands.

Voiced doesn't mean staff, it's from the Driver rank onward where you are staff. Remember, any bold name member on the list is the server staff, and Voiced may only be able to help when staff aren't around as I figured out. They can help people out, but must not perform tasks that only staff are allowed to do, sorta like the "no mini-modding" rule on PC.

Even if you are voiced, you can still be penalized the same way regular members are, such as getting banned, muted etc.

If you are voiced you are NOT on staff, just pointing this out.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Also, just in case if someone missed this, voiced members are basically the same as regular members except with those extra commands.

Voiced doesn't mean staff, it's from the Driver rank onward where you are staff. Remember, any bold name member on the list is the server staff, and Voiced may only be able to help when staff aren't around as I figured out. They can help people out, but must not perform tasks that only staff are allowed to do, sorta like the "no mini-modding" rule on PC.

Even if you are voiced, you can still be penalized the same way regular members are, such as getting banned, muted etc.

If you are voiced you are NOT on staff, just pointing this out.

Still, it's not a big deal if say, voiced members reminds others to not speak a foreign language in this English-speaking chat. They can still there to help remind people of the rules, but not so drastically as to tell people "DON'T DO THIS OR ELSE YOU'LL GET MUTED" when that's actually the drivers/admins job to step in.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Just an update on the avoiding challenges command,

It's now changed to:

To avoid - "/away"
To turn off the avoiding challenges - "/back"

There's also now the option to add highlights to your name, so now if anyone says your name, or your nick you can read up and see it easily highlighted.

This can be done with "/highlight add, golurk", for example and it'll highlight that every time it is said. Oh and to remove highlights, type "/highlight remove, golurk"

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
I know your problem, Jake(symbol plz). I faced the same problem last night, but have you tried using the Tinyurl link? I tried using that and it worked, for me that is.

But I'm pretty sure it'll pop up pretty soon. Hope this helped, sorry if I suck .-.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
I will be picking a random Pokemon everyday at around 5 PM EST for the "Pokemon of the Day" feature. For those that don't know, the POTD is always on either team (or both) in every Randbats match. I figured this would make the Randbats ladder more interesting. Today's POTD is Wigglytuff.

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
Minor update to the rules: profanity is no longer allowed on the server. Simply put, PC itself doesn't allow it, so the battle server shouldn't either. I have never seen any good come out of swearing on the server anyway.

edit: Swearing is no longer banned, but excessive swearing is not.

I just wanted to add that even though Swearing is no longer banned, users should not be or shouldn't be posting a emoticon like this:
Spoiler:
I've seen in it the server and it can be really repetitive to post meaning other users will just copy and paste it, then it appears in the Main chat. It can also disrupt conversations that are pooling around between users. Aside from that it can also be somewhat offensive to some users on the server. I hope this will get passed, so users in the server can be forewarned about it and not posting it, leading to a mute by the drivers or above.

Forever said:
So apparently there are timestamps, which can appear ugly. If anyone wants to turn them off it's with the following commands:

To turn them off - /timestamps off
To put the timestamps on in minutes - /timestamps minutes
And to put the timestamps on in seconds - /timestamps seconds

They'll appear as default when you enter the server, which is apparently a new thing!

(This is like the first thing I've ever discovered how to turn off/on without checking somewhere, I'm so proud of myself tbh).

That command has been changed just letting everyone know.

it is now this: /timestamps [all|lobby|pms], [minutes|seconds|off]
You need to do: /timestamps (choose option in 1st bracket), (choose option in 2nd bracket)
so it will this for an example: /timestamps all, minutes or /timestamps lobby, seconds

^Hope everyone understands the above command.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
I just wanted to add that even though Swearing is no longer banned, users should not be or shouldn't be posting a emoticon like this:
Spoiler:
I've seen in it the server and it can be really repetitive to post meaning other users will just copy and paste it, then it appears in the Main chat. It can also disrupt conversations that are pooling around between users. Aside from that it can also be somewhat offensive to some users on the server. I hope this will get passed, so users in the server can be forewarned about it and not posting it, leading to a mute by the drivers or above.
I don't think it should be banned outright if we allow swearing. This is about the same as posting any other emoticon or random "."s. However, if users spam it too often without contributing much to the discussion, staff can feel free to warn them for spamming.

Sirfetch’d

I would like to point out that the new Seasonal Battles are up:

{Seasonal Valentine Venture}

These are double battles that use Valentine colored Pokemon as well as Pokemon that have a counterpart. Such as Nidoking and Nidoqueen, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, Plusle and Minun, Mandibuzz and Braviary, and many more! Make sure you come by the server to check these battles out while they last.

Years
So I've been feeling this for a long time, and I think I've found a good way to deal with this issue. Because the server isn't exclusive to PC, many other users join the server, and a lot of times they don't speak english. The way it seems to be dealt with, which is something along the lines of, "please speak english here" "speak english, first warning" or even just being straight up muted, doesn't seem right to me. If a user were to break another rule, we wouldn't immediately mute them, and they would have plenty of warnings! I think what it adds up to is the rule being constantly broken, and so patience with non-English speakers has grown thin. Along with this, I think we need to consider the feelings of these people. The rules literally just say "English only." This could easily be interpreted as being somewhat racist (and I know that some people who have broken the rule and who I've then explained the rule to them feel this way). I'm not sure if it's within the power of the admins to change what the rules say, but this should be amended, as no explanation and then no explanation when being muted just makes people angry as we've seen countless times). And I know we don't want to turn people away from the server!

It all boils down to simple miscommunication and lack of patience, I think. And this can be fixed. At the very least, we can provide a summary as to why the rule is why it is, and we could easily just c + p the link. Sure it'd be a bit of a hassle, but at least we'd be trying not to offend people!

I'm honestly really happy to write an explanation, as I feel really bad whenever I PM the people who have been muted, and they're hurt and confused because of it.

So here's a mock version (or real version if it's good enough. :P I'll put it in a spoiler, as this is becoming a long post haha)
Spoiler:

So I think that that's all i wanted to say. Sorry if that seemed... uppity (can't think of the word I want to say, meh) but I feel like it's an issue that's been kind of hanging around for a while now. I hope this is helpful and I didn't come off as too.... uppity. (maybe snobby is the word I'm looking for?) I'm just trying to help! :D

Sirfetch’d

So I've been feeling this for a long time, and I think I've found a good way to deal with this issue. Because the server isn't exclusive to PC, many other users join the server, and a lot of times they don't speak english. The way it seems to be dealt with, which is something along the lines of, "please speak english here" "speak english, first warning" or even just being straight up muted, doesn't seem right to me. If a user were to break another rule, we wouldn't immediately mute them, and they would have plenty of warnings! I think what it adds up to is the rule being constantly broken, and so patience with non-English speakers has grown thin. Along with this, I think we need to consider the feelings of these people. The rules literally just say "English only." This could easily be interpreted as being somewhat racist (and I know that some people who have broken the rule and who I've then explained the rule to them feel this way). I'm not sure if it's within the power of the admins to change what the rules say, but this should be amended, as no explanation and then no explanation when being muted just makes people angry as we've seen countless times). And I know we don't want to turn people away from the server!

It all boils down to simple miscommunication and lack of patience, I think. And this can be fixed. At the very least, we can provide a summary as to why the rule is why it is, and we could easily just c + p the link. Sure it'd be a bit of a hassle, but at least we'd be trying not to offend people!

I'm honestly really happy to write an explanation, as I feel really bad whenever I PM the people who have been muted, and they're hurt and confused because of it.

So here's a mock version (or real version if it's good enough. :P I'll put it in a spoiler, as this is becoming a long post haha)
Spoiler:

So I think that that's all i wanted to say. Sorry if that seemed... uppity (can't think of the word I want to say, meh) but I feel like it's an issue that's been kind of hanging around for a while now. I hope this is helpful and I didn't come off as too.... uppity. (maybe snobby is the word I'm looking for?) I'm just trying to help! :D

Personally I agree and think that this was needed. I would feel bad if I came on the server and was muted trying to get an explanation of why I am being warned or whatever. Not everyone that has access to the server can speak English. I think that they should be prevented from talking in the main chat, but we definitely need to try and communicate with them more instead of a threat and instant mute. Maybe us Drivers and up can try to work things out with them in a PM explaining it better rather than just provoking them in the main chat, which often times with get their friends speaking as well and creating more spam. IDK, but this is my something that I wanted to add on because I do feel bad when there are really nice people being muted because all they were doing was looking for a battle.

And also Golurk, your post is very well put and your explanation in the spoiler is very well worded. None of it sounds uppity at all.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Um, the server is temporarily down, it will be fixed when PPN wakes up. :x

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

Years
Um, the server is temporarily down, it will be fixed when PPN wakes up. :x

Okay so since the server is currently down right now, I thought of a backup server for us to all go on

Sever link

This was made by a fellow PC user for unknown reasons, in the meanwhile those of you who are server sick, go on and have fun until PC gets fixed!

Oh and this is just in, there is a new feature on all of the Servers, and once ours is back up everyone will be able to see the change in battles. This is called: "Pixel". Zarel/Bmelts/Cathy of Smogon (Any of those 3) added in this a few hours ago. Simply it is to make it more like the games, meaning better simulate cartridge battle mechanics.

More info (not very much really) can be found here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3479665

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
So I've been feeling this for a long time, and I think I've found a good way to deal with this issue. Because the server isn't exclusive to PC, many other users join the server, and a lot of times they don't speak english. The way it seems to be dealt with, which is something along the lines of, "please speak english here" "speak english, first warning" or even just being straight up muted, doesn't seem right to me. <snip>
First off, I'm sorry for not replying to this sooner, but I don't think this requires a rule change. Instead, a new command ("!eng" or "!english") will be implemented once the server is back up. By using it, it simply broadcasts this message:

Please speak only English in this chat. You may speak in other languages only through PMs (click on a username to see the PM option). You will be muted if you do not comply.
- Use Google Translate if you cannot read this.
- PC Battle Server Rules
I don't think any further explanation is required, because they'll be lucky enough just to understand that short message (considering translators aren't always the most accurate). Hopefully this will be more convenient than typing the same message over and over.

Years
First off, I'm sorry for not replying to this sooner, but I don't think this requires a rule change. Instead, a new command ("!eng" or "!english") will be implemented once the server is back up. By using it, it simply broadcasts this message:

I don't think any further explanation is required, because they'll be lucky enough just to understand that short message (considering translators aren't always the most accurate). Hopefully this will be more convenient than typing the same message over and over.

I'm glad this command is being implemented, since it will now be a much faster way to inform someone speaking in foreign languages that they need to speak English.

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

Years
Server is now up, by the way ;x

Server is up, but, the Battles are still broken.

When you go into a battle all that is there is the battle window and the battle chat. On the battle window there is that "Join Battle" Button but has no use. And you cannot talk into the Battle chat.

I believe that we shouldn't touch the battles (all tiers) until the issue gets resolved as I fear something worse will happen.

Back