Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation
Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 23rd, 2013, 02:47 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7

Advertise here
The Silph Co. and the Devon Corporation are two companies in Kanto and Hoenn respectively that makes items for trainers. But which did you like better? Which had the batter building? Which had the better products? Where would you rather work? What else made you like one more than the other?

Discuss!
Old February 23rd, 2013, 03:54 PM
BenGames,Films, and More!
Are you not entertained?

Nature: Serious
I for everything I love silph co. I never played RSE ( I regret it 😞), but I'm pretty sure teams magma or aqua took it over or had its own theme. Plus silph co made the PokeBall. Can't go wrong with that.

YouTube Channel
Deviant Art
BGFM Forums
Take a quiz about me!
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
If you say "pls" or "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".
Old February 23rd, 2013, 04:49 PM
Nothing Is Real
It's all in the mind you know!

Silph Co. wins for me because of all those battles earning you a tonne of experience and all of the hilarious Silph employees who are scared ****less. Also you get the Master Ball from there.
If you think the harmony
Is a little dark and out of key
You're correct
There's nobody there
Old February 23rd, 2013, 08:28 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
I was at first going to say I liked Silph Co. more, but then I remembered the music got on my nerves, travelling it was annoying, and once you're done with the takeover and you get your Master Ball, it doesn't have much relevance anymore. At least with the Devon Corporation, they're clearly doing a lot. They can revive fossils, they give you the Pokenav, they create different sorts of Pokeballs (Repeat and Timer Balls, for example), and someone even mentioned trying to make a machine able to read Pokemon's dreams, which we ended up getting in gen V. Silph Co. gave us the Silph Scope and the Master Ball, which one might argue is better than the things Devon Corporation has, but like I said, Devon is doing a crapton of stuff and is more interesting to me.

paired to crono

Last edited by Sydian; February 24th, 2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 11:13 PM
Caelus
Gone

I preferred the Silph Co. over Devon. I enjoyed that one part where you had to traverse the building, battle your rival at the most inopportune time, and then battle Giovanni before obtaining the very rare master ball. The Devon Corporation, on the other hand, didn't have anything going for it besides a few conversations between some of the workers and reviving a fossil.
-
Old February 23rd, 2013, 11:32 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
If I remember correctly, Silph Co. was the creator of the modern-day Poke Ball, so they win hands down. Devon just seemed to improve on products/ideas that Silph Co. already made, and while there is one employee that talks about reproducing a Pokemon's dreams, I think it's more coincidence than anything rather than being directly related to the Dream World.

However, while I understand the warp tiles in Silph Co. are there to make it challenging to get through the building, they make absolutely no sense for any other purpose than a Team Rocket invasion. I can't imagine Team Rocket having the knowledge to set up a contraption like that, but then again, they would make no sense whatsoever as an actual layout design of the building.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: DARK // NORMAL
Old February 24th, 2013, 01:30 AM
Totodilesteel99
Lord of Awesomeness

Nature: Jolly
Silph. Co. As you said Brendino, there the maker of the modern Pokéball, and they are the reason why you can obtain, Dragonites, Tyranitars, Garchomps, Ampharos ETC.
They're the reason WHY YOU CAN CATCH Pokémon.
Hey there! Your reading this!
If your still reading this now have a cookie.
If you are reading now still have another cookie.
If you are wondering why you are receiving cookies it's because i feel like it.
If you still reading now your just stupid. ;D

Join my Forum!
pokemasters.freeforums.org

Old February 25th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Shayminlover123
Top Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Timid
Silph co. The only company to ever create the Master ball.
Old February 25th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Hikamaru
now i'm on the outside
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Silph Co.

Come on, they invented the modern Poke Ball!
Old February 26th, 2013, 03:11 AM
Starry Windy
Windvisible atm, again.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I'd say Devon Corporation because they make PokeNav and improved it, and also because they have tried to make experiments like reviving fossil and communicating with Pokemon. Besides, they also make Repeat and Timer Ball!
Starry Windy
PC Supporter since January 4th, 2014
“And remember I do hope you keep shining bright!” - Hikamaru
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old February 26th, 2013, 03:28 AM
Diversion
Mega Aerodactyl.

Nature: Serious
Despite Silph co. being the inventors of the modern pokeball,
Devon might invent the Pokeball at a later time,
and yeah like Brendino said, they make absolutely no sense for any other purpose than a Team Rocket invasion.
Devon invented the pokenav which is very useful and the Repeat ball and Timer ball,
I have to say, the Timer Ball is pretty great.
Old March 1st, 2013, 03:03 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I've always loved the Silph Co. People have already mentioned many reasons why I love it, so I'll only mention one. THE SILPH CO STAGE IN SUPER SMASH BROS!
Old March 3rd, 2013, 11:25 AM
Isseubnida
I live for the applause

Nature: Jolly
Silph, because they are the more focused-on company in the games.

Have you ever seen a chicken strip?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here