The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 23rd, 2013, 10:41 PM
John_Gottem
Unhatched Egg

How far into the series are you going to progress

John_Gottem
Old February 23rd, 2013, 11:21 PM
LucarioRocks12
Unhatched Egg

Where Is Misty At Cerulean
?
Old February 24th, 2013, 12:34 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Gottem View Post
How far into the series are you going to progress

John_Gottem
Meta was planning to complete Orange Isle but he hasn't been online for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucarioRocks12 View Post
?
She should be in gym... or what do you mean?
Old February 24th, 2013, 04:28 PM
POKEBLADE72
Unhatched Egg

Having problems downloading it, what type of file do i save it as
Old February 24th, 2013, 10:28 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeWolf View Post
I've done that quite a few times on both statues and it still doesn't open. I thought it was just some kind of pattern you had to follow. I've tried everything I could possibly think of and it still wouldn't open.
Go behind the left statue and press B button looking at it. The door will open

Quote:
?
She is dating a guy south of Bill's Seaside Cottage. Talk with her there so that she could return back to the gym

Last edited by DrFuji; February 24th, 2013 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
Old February 26th, 2013, 04:33 AM
LucarioRocks12
Unhatched Egg

How Can I Get My Butterfree to be more attractive?
Old February 26th, 2013, 04:35 AM
LucarioRocks12
Unhatched Egg

Is There A Way To Light The PokeTower,Or Is There A Devon Scope,Sorry I Started W/ Celadon B4 Saffron/Lavender...
Old February 26th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Fonzy95

Quote:
Quote:
Is There A Way To Light The PokeTower,Or Is There A Devon Scope,Sorry I Started W/ Celadon B4 Saffron/Lavender...

Why? The girl near to the bay doesn't want your Butterfree to join the others ? Anyway I suggest to you not to leave your Butterfree because he can learn some strategically moves as "Poison Powder" or "Sleep Powder"

What you mean with Light the Pokemon Tower? you go to the Pokemon Tower only once during the game in order to get Sabrina's Haunter

Old February 26th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzy95 View Post
Why? The girl near to the bay doesn't want your Butterfree to join the others ? Anyway I suggest to you not to leave your Butterfree because he can learn some strategically moves as "Poison Powder" or "Sleep Powder"
Which is why I caught 2 caterpie when I could. Grinded the one till it was a butterfree then boxed it and grinded the other but kept it. When it was time for the event I took out the one I boxed and let it go. This way I still had one as my ace in the hole.
Old February 26th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

[snip]
Quote:
Buy a Yellow Scarf

Last edited by giradialkia; March 4th, 2013 at 03:31 AM. Reason: I told you to report posts that break the rules! :/
Old February 26th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Missing Number

Nature: Adamant
Why do people insist to wait for someone who has been gone almost a year?

Life happens, and it doesn't always lead back around.... take it from me, I hacked centuries ago, but that doesn't mean my projects will all revive. Chances are that a return would be followed by a fresh start. Whether that means Ash Grey again, Ash Grey 2, Ash Grey in Black and White, or fresh new thang remains to be seen. But really it isn't healthy to just sit with yourmouth open waiting for mother bird to come back, use this hack as inspiration and bide your time wisely
Old February 26th, 2013, 12:10 PM
matman79
Unhatched Egg

I feel stupid how do you download it
Old February 26th, 2013, 07:37 PM
lilprincess1026
Unhatched Egg

where can i download ash gray?
Old February 26th, 2013, 09:52 PM
melomanc85
Unhatched Egg

im trying to download the game and its not working
Old February 26th, 2013, 10:10 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Buy a Yellow Scarf from a man just below the event i-e near the outpost and attach it with your Butterfree to do that event
Old February 28th, 2013, 02:45 AM
ousselg

the point i dont understand, why dont the hackers unite and finish the damn hack!!

metapod doesnt own the copyright to ash gray or something so why wait????

And if thats not an option maybe co work with metapod....
Old February 28th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ousselg View Post
the point i dont understand, why dont the hackers unite and finish the damn hack!!

metapod doesnt own the copyright to ash gray or something so why wait????

And if thats not an option maybe co work with metapod....
1) Because hackers respect "copyright". It's Meta's hack that's why knowledgeable hackers won't even think of overtaking this as it would be very disrespectful.
2) Even if someone actually finished this, it wouldn't be "AshGray" as it wouldn't come from Metapod's head and it would new hacker's hack.
3) Can be said in 2) but still... noone knows what Metapod actually wanted to implement and how which means even if the hack were to be completed by someone else, it wouldn't be same as the first part.
4) If nothing works, think of this hack as complete. Does it have the complete Indigo League arc? Yes, it has. Think of Orange Isle as hoax and think it's already complete.
Old February 28th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Fonzy95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
1) Because hackers respect "copyright". It's Meta's hack that's why knowledgeable hackers won't even think of overtaking this as it would be very disrespectful.
2) Even if someone actually finished this, it wouldn't be "AshGray" as it wouldn't come from Metapod's head and it would new hacker's hack.
3) Can be said in 2) but still... noone knows what Metapod actually wanted to implement and how which means even if the hack were to be completed by someone else, it wouldn't be same as the first part.
4) If nothing works, think of this hack as complete. Does it have the complete Indigo League arc? Yes, it has. Think of Orange Isle as hoax and think it's already complete.

Yes Ash493 I basically agree with you, but I don't think that it would be "very disrespectable" if other hackers would finish the game.

I mean we all respect Metapod for the HUGE quantitative of things which he's done in order to create this wonderfull hack, but it would be reasonable if other people want to complete the "Work of the Master" just as a tribute to him and to the fun that he made us prove.

Even the Renaissance's artists took inspiration from the ancient greek ones, but it didn't mean that they had copied them or that they didn't respect them

Old March 1st, 2013, 05:03 AM
ShadowMirror
Ready for the Battle

Nature: Quirky
i accidentally got rid of my thunderstone before i talked to L.T surge and now i cant do anything because he is one shotting all my Pokemon

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 1st, 2013, 08:09 AM
Strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMirror View Post
i accidentally got rid of my thunderstone before i talked to L.T surge and now i cant do anything because he is one shotting all my Pokemon
You could grind them. I mean I make sure all of my pokemon are over level 30 before facing the 3rd gym.
Old March 1st, 2013, 12:03 PM
pokemonmaster42
Pokemon Master

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMirror View Post
well the way i see it is all u can do is to raise pikachu past level 30 and try your best if possible cuz as stated in the anime ash did not evolve pikachu at all

Pokemon Master for Life

Gotta Catch 'em All
Old March 1st, 2013, 12:17 PM
Strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonmaster42 View Post
well the way i see it is all u can do is to raise pikachu past level 30 and try your best if possible cuz as stated in the anime ash did not evolve pikachu at all
Irrelevant. And also kind of shows where the hack fails. The hack gives us a choice to follow the anime completely or not. We can evolve Pikachu, we can evolve and keep Bulbasuar and Squirtle. We can keep Butterfree around and Primeape. We can catch all the wild pokemon we come across. We can use a completely different team than Ash used etc. The game offers us the ability to do some things differently than what was seen in the anime. Which is good.

Where the hack fails is that it does not do this more often. I completely wrecked Brockk the first time I fought him and yet it still acted as if I lost. I obliterated Hitmochan when he attacked me yet the game acted as If I lost. It was those forced roadblocks that made the hack fail a bit. It could have been so much more than just a hack that was the anime in video game form. Sadly it did try a bit, but ultimately failed. And gave us too much freedom while enforcing too many road blocks.
Old March 1st, 2013, 04:05 PM
Fonzy95

@Strikes: Don't you think that you are a bit too strict with the game? I mean, yes sometimes the hack enforces you to follow a certain path that is based on the anime, but only because this IS an hack inspired by the anime; I think that there is a good balance between the freedom of the player and the events of the tv show; any other modification would ruin the atmosphere of Ash's journey.

Old March 1st, 2013, 04:15 PM
Strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzy95 View Post
@Strikes: Don't you think that you are a bit too strict with the game? I mean, yes sometimes the hack enforces you to follow a certain path that is based on the anime, but only because this IS an hack inspired by the anime; I think that there is a good balance between the freedom of the player and the events of the tv show; any other modification would ruin the atmosphere of Ash's journey.
Perhaps. However, if it wants to be 100% accurate to the anime then it should not allow us to screw with any part of the flow, aside from capturing wild pokemon. If you are going to add some freedom to stray a bit from the anime then it should go one step further and not roadblock us into a loss when we defeat certain opponents that Ash lost to. It breaks the pacing of the story to read Brockk ranting about his victory when you just finished one shotting his Onix with Butterfree.
Old March 1st, 2013, 10:06 PM
alienhunterx

Well all I did was to make Raichu paralyze using Thunderwave of Pikachu which was followed by Charamnder's 5 smokescreens and he was a baby
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links