The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old January 26th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Liogerzero
Aura Soldier

Nature: Naughty
I just finished Red off and my Team consisted of Saphira the Dragonite LVL 81, Moka the Crobat lvl 80, Rage the Gyrados LVL 62, Scyther the Scyther lvl 52, Useless the Paris lvl 8, and Derp Face the Slowpoke lvl 8
Old January 26th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Noossab Blue

Nature: Quirky
This is really great! Have you considered posting it in the nuzlocke forum? I can guarantee it'd get business there

Thanks to SilverGrey for the awesome banner! Click to see!
Current as of 1/31/14: I updated again!

Old January 27th, 2013, 12:44 PM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noossab Blue View Post
This is really great!
Thanks

Quote:
Have you considered posting it in the nuzlocke forum? I can guarantee it'd get business there
I have never thought about it.
I think I won't though, mainly because I don't see a point in having accounts pretty much everywhere. I wouldn't mind seeing someone else posting a thread of this hack in my place though.

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old January 27th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Noossab Blue

Nature: Quirky
Well then with your permission I'll go ahead and do that!

Thanks to SilverGrey for the awesome banner! Click to see!
Current as of 1/31/14: I updated again!

Old February 16th, 2013, 11:19 PM
shadow32697
Unhatched Egg

Is there any way you could make it that only the first pokemon you encounter in an area is catchable?
Old February 17th, 2013, 03:44 AM
sabrino
Unhatched Egg

This is awesome !
But, there are a lot of things to add : First Encounter ; suppress the box (in a individual patch)...

However, good work !
Old February 17th, 2013, 11:26 AM
miksy91

Quote:
Well then with your permission I'll go ahead and do that!
I noticed your message way earlier but didn't feel to reply because of just this.
But sure, I really don't mind you sharing the hack elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow32697 View Post
Is there any way you could make it that only the first pokemon you encounter in an area is catchable?
There is a way but would be kinda tricky to do and I don't think I'd want to implement that. It's just that I don't feel like working on this hack anymore. The idea was to create a mini-hack beside the main project I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrino View Post
This is awesome !
But, there are a lot of things to add : First Encounter ; suppress the box (in a individual patch)...

However, good work !
Thanks
Not quite sure what you even mean here though. I'm not familiar with the rules myself. It was just about felt doing a rom hack similar to being forced to use those rules.

Also, controlling the pokemon storage system through battle loadings would be totally insane. Storage system pokemon are not stored so that they could be looked through an easy method. Or in other words, I don't think I could do what you pointed out here either.

Hacks I support

Old February 18th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Havikinazuma
Unhatched Egg

Hey Miksy! I got Tamago the Togepi to hatch! As soon as I got the Egg, I just had to walk around in the pokemon center until the egg hatched. It was an experiment but it worked! You just had to stay in the same room. Thanks for this hack, and the Active Battle System! I'm having a lot of fun!!!
Old February 26th, 2013, 09:16 AM
miksy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havikinazuma View Post
Hey Miksy! I got Tamago the Togepi to hatch! As soon as I got the Egg, I just had to walk around in the pokemon center until the egg hatched. It was an experiment but it worked! You just had to stay in the same room. Thanks for this hack, and the Active Battle System! I'm having a lot of fun!!!
I was actually aware of that, you can also hatch the day care pokemon in the exact same way. I just didn't think anyone would have patience to do that (and it would have sounded stupid if you were explained eggs can't be hatched unless you walk around for an "eternity").

I could have also dropped down the egg hatching counters close to 0 so that you wouldn't have to take more than a few steps before eggs hatch but I wanted to keep the patch as compatible with other hacks as possible so there aren't many add-ons out there.

It was actually someone from vizzed who discovered that I had put up that Active Battle System patch too. In case someone else is wondering, you can find this "Nuzlocke Silver Active Battle System" hack in Vizzed Proboards. It makes it impossible to switch pokemon when your opponent is switching to using another one during a fight making it a little more likely you'll mess up when playing this one.

But nice to hear you've liked it. Simple ideas and their implementation didn't go to waste then

Hacks I support

Old April 11th, 2014, 03:18 PM
com3tiin
Soy chamber...

You will not have the documentation used to make this add-on?

I currently play a version of the GBA Nuzlocke, but would be nice to have the "official" version of a hack GBC.
Old April 12th, 2014, 11:30 AM
miksy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by com3tiin View Post
You will not have the documentation used to make this add-on?

I currently play a version of the GBA Nuzlocke, but would be nice to have the "official" version of a hack GBC.
No, I don't think I have.

In case you wanted to check for yourself, you could use use an "ips patch viewer" (you can grab tools designed for doing that in romhacking.net) to see what the patch file does, and just track down the points where it writes something related to implementing the nuzlocke functions.

Hacks I support

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links