The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 26th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Forever
let it go

Advertise here
Out of all the characters that have appeared in the Unova games, N, Ghetsis, Corless, Elesa, Skyla, and so on, which one do you think represents the region the best, and is in a way, the heart of Unova? Give reasons why!

(Chances are people will probably post N but some might think he's overrated!!!)
Old February 26th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Toutebelle
Banned

Nature: Sassy
I hate to say it, but I think you're right about N. He was such a complex character, and he was what got a lot of the people to play the games. I think they liked the idea of an anti-villain. Plus N used a lot of interesting Unova Pokemon. He had Zoroark, one of the most iconic Unova Pokemon.
Old February 26th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Arlo

For me it's Bianca, since she played such a part in both sets of games, and we got to see her grow up through the course of them. She started out indecisive and insecure and scatterbrained, then throughout the first games she started to learn to assert herself and to figure out what she wanted to do with her life, so that by the later games, she essentially assumed the role the "professor tree" plays in the games, as the adult who gives us our start. She, to me, is the most notable common thread between the games, and it was nice to see her grow to be decisive and secure and... still a bit scatterbrained. It provided a good sense of the passage of time there AND of continuity. And it was nice that she still had her Munna with her (now a Musharna), and that much nicer that the two of them together were really pretty impressive in Reversal Mountain. They came a long way together, and that was very satisfying to see.
Old February 27th, 2013, 02:06 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollygag View Post
I hate to say it, but I think you're right about N. He was such a complex character, and he was what got a lot of the people to play the games. I think they liked the idea of an anti-villain. Plus N used a lot of interesting Unova Pokemon. He had Zoroark, one of the most iconic Unova Pokemon.
I agree, he was the one main person that was originally secretive, and throughout the games he was the one person other than your protagonist that really tried to stand up to Ghetsis to a great extent, and really question his ideas as well as his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
For me it's Bianca, since she played such a part in both sets of games, and we got to see her grow up through the course of them. She started out indecisive and insecure and scatterbrained, then throughout the first games she started to learn to assert herself and to figure out what she wanted to do with her life, so that by the later games, she essentially assumed the role the "professor tree" plays in the games, as the adult who gives us our start. She, to me, is the most notable common thread between the games, and it was nice to see her grow to be decisive and secure and... still a bit scatterbrained. It provided a good sense of the passage of time there AND of continuity. And it was nice that she still had her Munna with her (now a Musharna), and that much nicer that the two of them together were really pretty impressive in Reversal Mountain. They came a long way together, and that was very satisfying to see.
Oh hey that's an interesting point. Other than Cheren we've seen her grow the most, and we've seen more of her journey than even our own protagonist!
Old February 27th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
It's either Hilda or N, because of all the shipping fanarts related to them. But then there's Iris because of her role in the anime as a psuedo-Misty. Regardless, whichever character best represents Unova for me would mean he/she could be our 5th gen rep for the upcoming SSB title.
Old February 27th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Synerjee
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

Nature: Relaxed
N FOR SURE. <3 Why, he's the best face of Unova one could ever give! When one mentions B/W, it is almost certain that one of the first characters one would think of is N. He is one of the most developed and most complex characters in the whole generation, and also undeniably the most well remembered. I'd give anything to be the player for a moment just to meet N. <3.....wait, am I fangirling about N again? Oops~:3 <3

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old February 27th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollygag View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
These are the two characters that came to mind for me as well, for the exact same reasons that lollygag and Arlo mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
It's either Hilda or N, because of all the shipping fanarts related to them. But then there's Iris because of her role in the anime as a psuedo-Misty. Regardless, whichever character best represents Unova for me would mean he/she could be our 5th gen rep for the upcoming SSB title.
Hilda? How does Hilda represent Unova when the protagonist has 0 character development past advancing through the region and becoming stronger?
Old February 27th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Digital Eevee
Team Digi-Eon

Like most people I would say N.
He has a character unlike any other character in the Pokemon world, he seemed to walk a fine line between good and evil.
Hopefully we will see more character like him in the future.
Old February 27th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
Hilda? How does Hilda represent Unova when the protagonist has 0 character development past advancing through the region and becoming stronger?
Have you not seen the many fanarts of Hilda, whether it's by herself or shipped with N? She's more popular than Hillbert and close to Red's status as a memetic badarse/sex god.
Old February 27th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Shadow-L
Lonesome Road

Nature: Relaxed
N was an excellent representation of the concepts 5th gen brought, as many people have already stated. I also really liked the contrast between Cheren and Bianca, including their goals and reasons for starting their Pokemon journey. It relates to the fanbase, in a way. The changing attitudes of the Team Plasma sages and Hugh were also really interesting to see.

YouTube // Fragging Rights // Go Beyond.
WHOA I'M BACK
Old February 27th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Bianca was the first thought in my mind. Personally, N is just annoying. Purely irritating to me.

Bianca was just amazing to me. She started off, sweet, kind, and raring to go and wanting to be strong. As the game went on, she realized that being strong or a Champion wasn't really her calling. She was indecisive, something I'm sure many sixteen year olds can relate to. Her main factor for me is how relatable she was. She wasn't some diabolical mastermind, she wasn't some crazy green haired fool who believed in fear tactics to save Pokemon, nor was she some flavorless ten year old starting trainer who caught God in a purple ball. She was a normal, relatable, sane character. Plus, she's so flippin' cute. <3
Old February 27th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀ View Post
Bianca was the first thought in my mind. Personally, N is just annoying. Purely irritating to me.

Bianca was just amazing to me. She started off, sweet, kind, and raring to go and wanting to be strong. As the game went on, she realized that being strong or a Champion wasn't really her calling. She was indecisive, something I'm sure many sixteen year olds can relate to. Her main factor for me is how relatable she was. She wasn't some diabolical mastermind, she wasn't some crazy green haired fool who believed in fear tactics to save Pokemon, nor was she some flavorless ten year old starting trainer who caught God in a purple ball. She was a normal, relatable, sane character. Plus, she's so flippin' cute. <3
I agree with you, she and Cheren were the characters that represented Unova the most.

Bianca especially, because I remember when her father tried to stop her going on a Pokemon journey and when she couldn't compare her strength to that of Hilbert/Hilda and Cheren, and then the eventually found her true career at the end of B/W that then continued into B2/W2, being Professor Juniper's assistant who gave Nate/Rosa their starter.

She went through loads of development compared to most other characters, and she's one of my faves too!

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old February 28th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Handsome Samurott

N, Cheren, and Bianca, for the reasons stated above. Each of the Gym Leaders, though, also contributed to the meaning and message of Unova through their various conversations with the protagonist.
Old February 28th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
I've always remembered Iris as the face of Unova. She's everywhere in Unova: She's one of Ash's traveling buddies in the anime, a Gym-Leader in Pokemon White and eventually becoming the Champion (Which I was pleasantly surprised about ) two years later in the B2W2 series. So yes, I remember Iris more than anyone else.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here