Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Notices

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 22nd, 2013, 01:14 PM
Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Okay, defeated Burgh and Elesa just now, and here's my Sableye so far:

Sableye Lv.33 (Keen Eye)
83/66/53/51/55/47
-Dig
-Shadow Claw
-Power Gem
-Faint Attack

EDIT: To get to Driftveil, you NEED to partake in a Triple Battle in W2, so if no-one minds, I've caught two Pokemon to use quickly. Please forgives me...

White 2:

Last edited by Eeveelution Co-ordinator; February 22nd, 2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 06:27 PM
VinceLevi
Do A Barrel Roll!

Nature: Quiet
This qualifies as a good day in the Pokemon World.

Part 14: Flawless!

-Secretpotion GET!
-Gift pokemon GET!
-Domination
-VS. Chuck
-???

Now have 5/8 badges. Golbat is lv. 37-ish.

Spoiler:
I'm back with the Boast Bros. Check out our Randomlocke Versus, it's sure to please.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 04:29 PM
KoboraX
Grand Master of Themed Teams

Nature: Relaxed
Update #1 for my Bellsprout LeafGreen solo
  • Started the game
  • Hacked in Bellsprout as my starter at Lv. 5 with an Everstone just so I don't make any stupid mistakes and evolve it by accident.
  • Beat my rival
  • Got the stuff for Professor Oak from Viridian City
  • Got some Poke Balls and stuff
  • Grinded my Bellsprout up to Lv. 11 so I could teach it Wrap. Finally, some defense against Flying types.
  • Made my way through Viridian Forest. Mostly just spammed Growth before spamming Vine Whip on Weedles.
  • Tore apart Pewter Gym without much difficulty.
  • Owned Route 3
  • Saved on Route 4

Team Blissy

Leafy (Bellsprout) Lv. 17 @ Everstone
Nature: Impish
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves: Vine Whip, Poisonpowder, Wrap, Sleep Powder
Active Challenges:

Luvdisc Solo x4
FireRed 3/8 - Ruby - Platinum - White 2
Omastar Solo - FireRed 0/8
Armaldo Solo - Emerald 0/8
Furret Solo - Silver 0/8
Pokemon Emerald Randomizer Nuzlocke - 0/8
Old February 24th, 2013, 12:47 AM
Punnagg
Advanced Spriter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Punnagg
>Defeated remaining Gym leaders

>Defeated Elite 4

>Entered Hall of Fame

>Total Badge count is 8/16

JYNX

Lv.:- 63
Attack:- 100
Defense:- 81
Special Attack:- 192
Special Defense:- 167
Speed:- 168

Moves
>Body Slam
>Ice Punch
>Blizzard
>Confusion

Pokemon Solo-Run

Old February 24th, 2013, 06:34 AM
danmad1
Unhatched Egg

Doing a porygon solo run on gold

twitch.tv/danmad0

EDIT - Finished in 429
Full video - http://www.twitch.tv/danmad0/b/370859071

Last edited by danmad1; February 24th, 2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old February 24th, 2013, 01:11 PM
James901
The CyndaquilofWar

Nature: Jolly
It been a while since I last updated, I haven't been playing much lately but I made some progress today.

After getting the second badge I delivered the letter to Steven then went to Slateport.
Beat some Aqua Grunts and delivered the Devon Goods.
Beat May on my way to Mauville.
Spammed game corner forever to buy Psychic and Ice Beam. (The reason I haven't been playing much.)
Challenged Wattson.
vs
Spoiler:

Got Rock Smash then went and caught a Poochyena on the route south of Mauville, forget which one it is, and taught it Rock Smash.
Helped the couple in the cave and got Strength.
Went around in circles for a bit until I was on Mt. Chimney, or whatever its called, and beat Team Magma.
Finally got to Falabor where I challenged Flannery.
vs
Spoiler:

Bewsa
Level 39
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Oblivious
Psychic, Thief, Ice Beam, Powder Snow
3DS FC: 1306-6693-8574
Looking for people to battle, trade, or exchange safari's with.
Anyone can add me, I add everyone. Let me know if you add me so I can add you back.
Here's a link to my Trade Review Thread, be sure to post a comment if we trade.
Old February 25th, 2013, 12:41 AM
Punnagg
Advanced Spriter

>Went Kanto
>Defeated all Gym leaders

>Got Pass to go to Mt. Silver
>Defeated Champion

>Challange Complete

Badge Count 16/16

JYNX

Lv.:- 82
Attack:- 139
Defense:- 114
Special Attack:- 260
Special Defense:- 227
Speed:- 228

Moves
>Body Slam
>Ice Punch
>Shadow Ball
>Psychic

Pokemon Solo-Run

Old February 25th, 2013, 11:56 AM
danmad1
Unhatched Egg

Starting a Pokemon FireRed run with Porygon

http://www.twitch.tv/danmad0/new

Last edited by danmad1; February 25th, 2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old February 25th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Punnagg
Advanced Spriter

Starting a new single challenge

Name:- Punnagg
Game:- Gold
Pokemon:- Smeargle
Pokemon Solo-Run

Last edited by Punnagg; February 26th, 2013 at 12:19 AM.
Old February 26th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Febbe

Nature: Quirky
i'll start a new single challenge:

Name: Febbe
Game: Leaf Green
Pokemon: Remoraid/Octillery
3DS FC: 3411-1656-7563 Flying Safari IGN: Jonas
3DS FC 2: 0662-5092-7312 Fire Safari IGN: THOR

Proud Dane - Viking In Greenland
Old February 26th, 2013, 12:07 PM
danmad1
Unhatched Egg

Quick Update

Beat the first 4 gyms and just got the Silph Scope off of Giovanni.
Video Evidence
Part 1 - http://www.twitch.tv/danmad0/b/371322723
Part 2 - http://www.twitch.tv/danmad0/b/371629274
Old February 27th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Ruki_Kato

It took me a bit to post cause I'm a little lazy, sorry. I keep a notepad of my adventures on my phone as I go along so it kinda helps. Trons adventure through Crystal has come to an end, it's off to Emerald now.

Spoiler:
Dragon Den was pretty uneventful. I've obtained badge 8/8 for this region. Woot! Onwards to the Elite 4.
On my way down to New Bark I went through Dark Cave. Made my way east after getting the Master Ball from Prof. Elm.

The path leading up to Victory Road was easy peasy. Everything went down in one or two hits. I rested up in the house along the way. No fights going through Victory Road as I keep about 50 repels on me at once. I fought Clu at the end of it. All of his guys go down without me taking a single hit.

In preparation for the Elite 4 I stick Milo, Kida, and Musashi in the box, Tron is the only one that comes along this time. I also sell off all of my items that are old and I don't use to stock up on Max Repels, Max Potions, and Full Heals. I also grab one Max Elixir for PP purposes.

First up is Will. Everything goes down in one his besides his Exegutor. It gets off a Psychic before going down. Next!

Koga seems familiar, wasn't he a gym leader at one point? His battle goes much the same as Wills. With his Muk taking two Thunderbolts to turn to a pile of goo. Onwards!

Bruno actually gave me some trouble, mostly to my own stupidity. I forgot that Iron Tail is murder to rocks so it gets a Sandstorm off before I take it down. Once his Machamp comes out I try taking it on with 38 HP. It didn't go so well as I white out. Let's try this again.

Will and Koga go down exactly the same as the first go around. Bruno I take on a little differently this go around. His Onix goes out in one hit, meaning no sandstorm. His Machamp took 3 headbutts before going down, with Bruno using a Max Potion on it once. On a side note though, with as much as Tron Headbutts things I should get the little guy a helmet or something. (I need to draw this now)

Karen presented a small challenge in her Houndoom. She ended up using a Max Potion on it once and it's Flamethrower gave me a burn. Other than that, tally ho!

Out of all of them Lance proves the easiest. Every one of his Pokemon go down in one or two Thunderbolts. I didn't even lose any HP with this fight. Although honestly 3 Dragonites seems a bit overkill and I wasn't expecting the Charizard.

Tron is a level 66 at this point, onto the Kanto Region!

Spoiler:
First things first I get the rest of my team back. Time to board the S.S. Aqua. After taking on everyone in the cabins I find the sailors buddy. Upon doing that I take on the rest of the ship and find the little girl bugging the poor Captain. I return her to her father and he gives me an Iron Coat that goes into the PC.

First Gym up is Lt. Surge. It's Good Tron vs. Evil Tron. My wins cause he fights for the user. Other than that this badge was easy. I'm also glad there's no more stupid garbage can puzzle. 1/8 obtained.

Since Snorlax is blocking the path east I head north instead. I remember Saffron being farther, huh. First stop is the Gym. Since I only found a Focus Band here let's try the Gym Gym building. The warp panels this go around aren't nearly as annoying and I finish this gym faster than the last time. 2/8 obtained.

From here I decided to head east. Nothing exciting is going on here sides people talking about the Power Plant, so let's go do that. Rock Tunnel was the bane of my existence last time so I was wary going in. This time however it was only full of items and I pop out the other side unscathed. Heading down to the Power Plant it seems a part was stolen. Fetch quest to Cerulean!

The only person at the gym here was an odd talking Rocket Grunt so I follow him North for the part. Turns out he hid it in the gym, weird. You'd think water wouldn't be good for a mechanical part. Upon exploring north some more I find Misty at the makeout spot. She calls me names and I proceed to fry everything in her gym with Tron. 3/8 badges obtained. Also, machine part I got.

Upon returning the part to the Power Plant I get Zap Cannon. It just sits in my bag as I head west of Saffron to Celadon. Gym number 4 is pretty easy and I don't remember who the gym leader was. 4/8 obtained. Tron is up to a level 75 right now. Two of the PP Ups I have stored in my PC go towards headbutt. After taking the Cycling Road to Fuschia it's Gym number 5.

It only takes me a couple of minutes to find the right girl to fight and it's badge 5/8 obtained. At this point I figure I'll take on the rest of the mainland Kanto trainers that I can find. Upon stumbling my way to Mt. Moon I take on Clu for the last time. His team isn't any harder than the other times I fought him so yeah. Tron is up to level 80. Once I've found my way back to Cerulean I Fly back to Pewter.

Brocks gym is up next. Iron Tail wins it by a landslide and I've got 6/8 obtained badges. I tried taking the long route to Cinnabar from Fuschia but that's blocked. So I head south through Viridian and Pallet to get to Cinnabar. Blue takes off after talking to him and I go take on Blaine in his solitary cave. His team takes two shots each to go down and I get 7/8 badges. So close to finishing this adventure.

After beating all the trainers on my way back to Fuschia I fly to Viridian. I take on Blue in his Lego fortress and it's pretty easy. The only exciting thing to happen is his Rhydon making a Sandstorm, which in turn takes out his Exegutor team mate right before it gets off a sun beam. 8/8 badges obtained for Kanto.

Upon visiting Prof. Oak he tells me I can go to Mt. Silver. I stock up on healing and repels and make my way up. The only thing of note is fighting a single Graveler to kill off my HM Slaves. I save right before Red and decide it's time to end this.

Pikachu and Espeon went down easily enough with his Pikachu using Charm and his Espeon using Reflect. His Snorlax however was a hard wall of blubber to get through. It took quite a few Thunderbolts to go down. Upon defeating it a Venusaur is released and I figure easy peasy and don't heal as I've got half my life left. Wrong move since it's solarbeam criticals and I faint. Reset. Let's try this again.

Pikachu goes down in one critical headbutt to the face. Espeon gets off a reflect before dying. Snorlax is even more annoying this go around as it rests two times before I get a lucky critical Thunderbolt on it. I take more caution with his Venusaur this time and heal after just about every solarbeam. It finally goes down. His Blastoise and Charizard each fall to a single Thunderbolt.

My journey through Crystal is now complete. I was hoping it would've been a bit more of a challenge really. Maybe Emerald will be more so. Onwards!

Tron the Raichus Final Stats:
Level: 84
HP: 260
Attack: 220
Defense: 157
Special Attack: 209
Special Defense: 193
Speed: 225

Mud-Slap / Headbutt / Iron Tail / Thunderbolt

Milo the Psyduck: Lv: 7 Rock Smash / Whirlpool / Surf / Flash
Kida the Psyduck: Lv: 10 Strength / Waterfall / Disable / Dig
Musashi the Farfetch'd: Lv: 16 Peck / Fly / Leer / Cut

Tron the Raichu Ultimate Solo Challenge:
Leaf Green - Completed: 8 of 8 badges obtained, Elite 4 defeated
Crystal - 16 of 16 badges obtained, Red defeated
Emerald - 0 of 8 badges obtained.
Platinum -
White 2 -
Old February 27th, 2013, 02:50 PM
AimayBee
Mighty Spriter

Nature: Gentle
AnimBee? Seriously? 2 years and you still haven't fixed my name? Seriously? Guys? Da hell?

And by the way, HG, Gardevoir, level 76. Boom. Luxray. Pearl. Level 86. Boom ting.

I've had a few requests to make this hack an actual thing now. So I'm re-inserting the tileset into an earlier, non-corrupted file.

Let me know if you want the beta 0.5.
Old February 27th, 2013, 03:36 PM
James901
The CyndaquilofWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimayBee View Post
AnimBee? Seriously? 2 years and you still haven't fixed my name? Seriously? Guys? Da hell?

And by the way, HG, Gardevoir, level 76. Boom. Luxray. Pearl. Level 86. Boom ting.
Sooo sorry about that, it was like that when I took over and didn't know there was any mistake, well anyway its fixed now. I also added your Gardevoir and Luxray victories to the OP.
Anyone can add me, I add everyone. Let me know if you add me so I can add you back.
Old February 27th, 2013, 04:49 PM
AimayBee
Mighty Spriter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by James901 View Post
Sooo sorry about that, it was like that when I took over and didn't know there was any mistake, well anyway its fixed now. I also added your Gardevoir and Luxray victories to the OP.
Thank you. I'm already doing a run through of Black 2 with a Tyranitar. I'll tell you when I'm done.

I've had a few requests to make this hack an actual thing now. So I'm re-inserting the tileset into an earlier, non-corrupted file.

Let me know if you want the beta 0.5.
Old February 27th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Lopnis

Excuse me I started a Ultimate Solo Challenge in the past I finished to game than I got sidetracked I am currently Getting ready to start Emerald (Also does anyone know I hacking tool I can use to make it so a Duskull with an Egg move will be one of the starters?) I'm wondering if I can continue with my Ultimate Challenge
Old February 28th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Wilhelm
Hail the Almighty Robot Policeman!

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopnis View Post
Excuse me I started a Ultimate Solo Challenge in the past I finished to game than I got sidetracked I am currently Getting ready to start Emerald (Also does anyone know I hacking tool I can use to make it so a Duskull with an Egg move will be one of the starters?) I'm wondering if I can continue with my Ultimate Challenge
There is no way to make a starter have an egg move unless you edit the game so that the pokemon in question learns the move at lvl one instead. There are programs for editing your starter, but other than that there's really nothing you can do.

I have beaten Byron. The whole canalave game was pretty much easy with earthquake and close combat. I'll post my gallade's stats later, I just arrived at work.

Roronoa
Lvl 55, Jolly
153/160/91/90/146/130
-Psycho Cut
-Close Combat
-Earthquake
-Leaf Blade

Last edited by Wilhelm; February 28th, 2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old February 28th, 2013, 09:06 PM
James901
The CyndaquilofWar

Quote:
NecrumWarrior is correct. Also of course you can continue, and I have no problem adding you to the OP, but I'd like to know what games you already completed. If possible give me a link to your completion post for the games you already finished, though this isn't manditory.

-----

Made some more progress with my Jynx.

After beating Flannery I went straight to battle Norman.
vs
Spoiler:

Then I got surf, caught a Marill to use it, then headed to Forretree.
Beat May and some Aqua Grunts on the way.
Got the Devon Scope from Steven then headed to the gym.
vs
Spoiler:

Did all the Magma/Aqua stuff and headed over to Mossdeep.
Sadly you can't face the gym unless you have 2 Pokemon cause its a double battle...
Saved in front of the gym leaders. I'll challenge them over the weekend or something.

Bewsa
Level 51
Psychic, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam, Facade
Old February 28th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Lopnis

Quote:
NecrumWarrior is correct. Also of course you can continue, and I have no problem adding you to the OP, but I'd like to know what games you already completed. If possible give me a link to your completion post for the games you already finished, though this isn't manditory.

-----

Made some more progress with my Jynx.

After beating Flannery I went straight to battle Norman.
vs
Spoiler:

Then I got surf, caught a Marill to use it, then headed to Forretree.
Beat May and some Aqua Grunts on the way.
Got the Devon Scope from Steven then headed to the gym.
vs
Spoiler:

Did all the Magma/Aqua stuff and headed over to Mossdeep.
Sadly you can't face the gym unless you have 2 Pokemon cause its a double battle...
Saved in front of the gym leaders. I'll challenge them over the weekend or something.

Bewsa
Level 51
Psychic, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam, Facade
Of course that's perfectly reasonable http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...68#post7312268, there's my soul silver post and my Fire Red http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...48#post7294048 It also has a link to the Ultimate Solo Challenge thread I originally started on
Old March 1st, 2013, 02:02 AM
Orianna
So strange, they scream.
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I wanna join too o.o
Username: KagamiChan
Challenge Type: Ultimate
Games: FireRed, SoulSilver, Ruby, Pearl, White
Pokémon:
I'll start with FireRed.

"We will kill your enemies. That will be fun."
Old March 1st, 2013, 09:13 AM
Punnagg
Advanced Spriter

>Started with lv.5 Smeargle
>Defeated all Johto Gym Leaders

>Reached to Elite 4

>Total Badge Count 8/16

>>Smeargle Stat<<

Pokemon Solo-Run

Old March 1st, 2013, 09:27 AM
danmad1
Unhatched Egg

Finished FireRed with Porygon

Playlist

Last edited by danmad1; March 1st, 2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old March 1st, 2013, 09:47 AM
Febbe

Nature: Quirky
I have completed my firered Challenge with Octillery, dunno why but when it tried to evolve it wouldn't so i edited it to evolve with PokeBoxGBA.

most of the game was pretty easy, because of Octillery's awesome moveset, a really good water pokemon that i think is somewhat forgotten between all the other awesome water pokemon.

Octillery lvl.90
276//225//162//237//167//158
- Surf
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
3DS FC: 3411-1656-7563 Flying Safari IGN: Jonas
3DS FC 2: 0662-5092-7312 Fire Safari IGN: THOR

Proud Dane - Viking In Greenland
Old March 1st, 2013, 01:51 PM
James901
The CyndaquilofWar

Quote:
Of course that's perfectly reasonable http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...68#post7312268, there's my soul silver post and my Fire Red http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...48#post7294048 It also has a link to the Ultimate Solo Challenge thread I originally started on
Alright I added you to the OP. Kind of funny though, when I looked at the link I scrolled up like 3 posted and saw my original sign up for my Jynx solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagamiChan View Post
I wanna join too o.o
Username: KagamiChan
Challenge Type: Ultimate
Games: FireRed, SoulSilver, Ruby, Pearl, White
Pokémon:
I'll start with FireRed.
Welcome to the challenge! Just out of curiousity what are you going to do about FireRed and Ruby since Glaceon is unobtainable?
Old March 1st, 2013, 02:42 PM
Orianna
So strange, they scream.
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Welcome to the challenge! Just out of curiousity what are you going to do about FireRed and Ruby since Glaceon is unobtainable?
>.< I got asked this question earlier today too and I said I'd find a workaround, but I couldn't find any >.< guess I'll have to go for a different pokemon >.< if that's ok >.<

"We will kill your enemies. That will be fun."
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links