Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology
Reload this Page [Help] Computer troubles...

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Old February 27th, 2013 (01:46 PM).
Gold Tier

So Im having some problems with my MacBook. I recently broke a pair of Apple earbuds and part of them became stuck in the headphone jack, disabling the sound on my laptop. I took it to the Apple store and the employees informed me they could not fix it due to the age of my computer, and if something went wrong, they'd have to replace it. and buying a new part for it would cost close to 300 dollars. They told me a way I could fix it myself, by putting superglue on the inside tube of a pen and sticking it onto the end of the broken ear phone piece and pulling it out after letting the glue dry which would hopefully get that piece out. I attempted to do so, but it didnt work.I now dont know what to do. Is there any other possible way to fix this? I need my sound back.I cant voice chat over Skype or listen to music or anything that requires sound. I need some advice about what to do and I do not want to replace the computer, which could cost over 1000 dollars for another MacBook. It works fine otherwise. Help please?
Old February 27th, 2013 (03:24 PM).
My Secrecy. My Advantage.
Platinum Tier

It's a little bit extortionate to charge £300 to replace a headphone jack, or even the entire soundcard.
How far in is the headphone piece jammed? if it's relatively close to the opening you could try using tweezers to pluck it out. Otherwise I'd advise trying the super glue method again with something a little bit stronger and maybe leaving it attached longer so the bond is stronger.

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old February 27th, 2013 (04:01 PM).
Gold Tier

I tried using a toothpick and tweezers but it didnt work. They said that 300 dollar thing was replacing what they called the logic board, whatever that is. I might try it again with something stronger and that the pen tube, but that's what they told me to use. The broken piece is pretty far into the headphone jack which is probably why the toothpick/tweezer method didnt work.
Old February 27th, 2013 (06:15 PM).
Will you notice?
Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet
Try to go to a computer tech, they might help you out more than Apple. Also what kind of tweezers did you use to try and take it out? A needle nose pliers works best.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)