Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Create & Discover > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials
Reload this Page Error on one of my maps.

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Old February 23rd, 2013 (4:22 PM).
Shadow Maker

I keep getting this error whenever I enter one of my maps. The strange thing is it doesn't happen all the time, and not automatically. Sometimes it takes a second, sometimes I can walk around a while and then it happens. Sometimes it happens only when I interact with an event. It only happens on the map, and I have no idea why

Code:
---------------------------
Pokémon Melanite
Exception: NoMethodError

PokemonField:1379

PokemonField:1376:in `call'

PBEvent:54:in `trigger'

PBEvent:49:in `each'

PBEvent:49:in `trigger'

Game_Character_2:67:in `update_move'

Game_Character_2:6:in `update_old2'

Walk_Run:92:in `update'

Game_Event_:249:in `update'

Game_Map_:351:in `update'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Administrator\Saved Games/Pokémon Melanite/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard. --------------------------- OK ---------------------------

Relevant Advertising!

Old February 23rd, 2013 (7:28 PM).

Nature: Mild

I get errors like this sometimes. What I do is delete events in the map one by one and run the game each time until the error stops. Whichever one you deleted last is the one causing the problem. Then you can recreate the other events and then start fresh on the problem one.

Does it only happen in a specific map or does it happen anywhere?

Old February 23rd, 2013 (7:48 PM).
Shadow Maker

Quote originally posted by WinterKirby:
I get errors like this sometimes. What I do is delete events in the map one by one and run the game each time until the error stops. Whichever one you deleted last is the one causing the problem. Then you can recreate the other events and then start fresh on the problem one.

Does it only happen in a specific map or does it happen anywhere?

Like I said, it only happens on this map. I guess it has to do with an event. I've never had this problem before... I'll try this

Old February 24th, 2013 (7:21 AM).
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Does the map use any tiles which aren't in the tileset? This can come about by changing a longer tileset to a shorter one, so any parts of the map that used tiles from the extra length are now blank and null.

Old February 24th, 2013 (8:15 AM).
Shadow Maker

Quote originally posted by Maruno:
Does the map use any tiles which aren't in the tileset? This can come about by changing a longer tileset to a shorter one, so any parts of the map that used tiles from the extra length are now blank and null.

No it doesn't. I use the same tileset that I did for 2 of my other maps:/

Old February 28th, 2013 (3:00 PM).
Shadow Maker

I'm sorry to bring up this post again I don't want to start a new one for the same problem. I am still getting similar errors on this map. I have remade it completely from scratch.
Here is the latest error

Code:
Pokémon Melanite
Exception: NoMethodError

PokemonField:1428

PokemonField:1425:in `call'

PBEvent:54:in `trigger'

PBEvent:49:in `each'

PBEvent:49:in `trigger'

Game_Character_2:67:in `update_move'

Game_Character_2:6:in `update_old2'

Walk_Run:92:in `update'

Game_Event_:249:in `update'

Game_Map_:351:in `update'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Administrator\Saved Games/Pokémon Melanite/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard. --------------------------- OK ---------------------------

Can someone please help. I can tell it has something to do with PokemonField I think. I can't continue working on my game until this is fixed.

Old February 28th, 2013 (5:25 PM).

Nature: Mild

You might have a script that runs that isn't working right. Check for null variables.

Also, the events with the IDs 54 and 49 may have something to do with it. Delete them and run the map.

Old February 28th, 2013 (5:36 PM).
Shadow Maker

Quote originally posted by WinterKirby:
You might have a script that runs that isn't working right. Check for null variables.

Also, the events with the IDs 54 and 49 may have something to do with it. Delete them and run the map.

I've tried deleting events. I don't see why they would be causing problems though. There is nothing wrong with any of the events that I can see. Most of them are normal trainers or bridge events or cut trees/rock smash rocks. They shouldn't cause problems.

Old February 28th, 2013 (6:02 PM).

Can you show us the problem lines? It seems you've fiddled with some scripts, so the line numbers don't make sense to me. That's PokemonField 1379 (your first error) and PokemonField 1428 (your second error).

Old February 28th, 2013 (7:38 PM).
Shadow Maker

Can you show us the problem lines? It seems you've fiddled with some scripts, so the line numbers don't make sense to me. That's PokemonField 1379 (your first error) and PokemonField 1428 (your second error).

Code:
handled=e[0]

this is right under poison event on each step taken

Code:
map=$MapFactory.getMap(thistile[0])

this is under events on step taken

I guess the errors have something to do with updating on step taken as they are both under that category? I can give you the entire script if thats easier. I have made some edits to include following pokemon in my game. I also just added one of Carmaniac's scripts for location sign posts. here is my whole PokemonField

Code:
################################################################################
# Interpolators
################################################################################
class RectInterpolator
  def initialize(oldrect,newrect,frames)
    restart(oldrect,newrect,frames)
  end

def restart(oldrect,newrect,frames) @oldrect=oldrect @newrect=newrect @frames=[frames,1].max @curframe=0 @rect=oldrect.clone end

def set(rect) rect.set(@rect.x,@rect.y,@rect.width,@rect.height) end

def done? @curframe>@frames end

def update return if done? t=(@[email protected]) [email protected] [email protected] x=x1+t*(x2-x1) [email protected] [email protected] y=y1+t*(y2-y1) [email protected][email protected] [email protected][email protected] rx=rx1+t*(rx2-rx1) [email protected][email protected] [email protected][email protected] ry=ry1+t*(ry2-ry1) minx=x<rx ? x : rx maxx=x>rx ? x : rx miny=y<ry ? y : ry maxy=y>ry ? y : ry @rect.set(minx,miny,maxx-minx,maxy-miny) @curframe+=1 end end

class PointInterpolator def initialize(oldx,oldy,newx,newy,frames) restart(oldx,oldy,newx,newy,frames) end

def restart(oldx,oldy,newx,newy,frames) @oldx=oldx @oldy=oldy @newx=newx @newy=newy @frames=frames @curframe=0 @x=oldx @y=oldy end

def x; @x;end def y; @y;end

def done? @curframe>@frames end

def update return if done? t=(@[email protected]) [email protected] [email protected] @x=rx1+t*(rx2-rx1) [email protected] [email protected] @y=ry1+t*(ry2-ry1) @curframe+=1 end end

################################################################################ # Visibility circle in dark maps ################################################################################ class DarknessSprite < SpriteWrapper attr_reader :radius

def initialize(viewport=nil) super(viewport) @darkness=BitmapWrapper.new(Graphics.width,Graphics.height) @radius=64 [email protected] self.z=99998 refresh end

def dispose @darkness.dispose super end

def radius=(value) @radius=value refresh end

def refresh @darkness.fill_rect(0,0,Graphics.width,Graphics.height,Color.new(0,0,0,255)) cx=Graphics.width/2 cy=Graphics.height/2 [email protected] numfades=5 for i in 1..numfades for j in cx-cradius..cx+cradius diff2 = (cradius * cradius) - ((j - cx) * (j - cx)) diff = Math.sqrt(diff2) @darkness.fill_rect(j,cy-diff,1,diff*2, Color.new(0, 0, 0, 255.0*(numfades-i)/numfades )) end cradius=(cradius*0.9).floor end end end

################################################################################ # Location signpost ################################################################################ class LocationWindow def initialize(name) @sprites = {}

@sprites["overlay"]=Sprite.new @sprites["overlay"].bitmap=Bitmap.new(Graphics.width*4,Graphics.height*4) @sprites["overlay"].z=9999999 pbSetSystemFont(@sprites["overlay"].bitmap) @overlay = @sprites["overlay"].bitmap @overlay.clear @baseColor=Color.new(0,0,0) @shadowColor=Color.new(148,148,165)

@sprites["Image"] = Sprite.new if $game_map.name.include?("Route") @sprites["Image"].bitmap = BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Maps/Route_1") elsif $game_map.name.include?("Town") @sprites["Image"].bitmap = BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Maps/Town_1") elsif $game_map.name.include?("Lake") @sprites["Image"].bitmap = BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Maps/Lake_1") elsif $game_map.name.include?("Cave") @sprites["Image"].bitmap = BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Maps/Cave_1") elsif $game_map.name.include?("City") @sprites["Image"].bitmap = BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Maps/City_1") elsif $game_map.name.include?("Forest") @sprites["Image"].bitmap = BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Maps/Forest_1") elsif $game_map.name.include?("Sea Route") @sprites["Image"].bitmap = BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Maps/SeaRoute_1") elsif $game_map.name.include?("Underwater") @sprites["Image"].bitmap = BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Maps/Underwater_1") else @sprites["Image"].bitmap = BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Maps/Blank") end @sprites["Image"].x = 8 @sprites["Image"].y = 0 - @sprites["Image"].bitmap.height

@window=Window_AdvancedTextPokemon.new(name) @window.resizeToFit(name,Graphics.width) @window.x=0 @[email protected] @window.z=99999 @currentmap=$game_map.map_id @frames=0 end

def disposed? @window.disposed? end

def dispose @window.dispose @sprites["Image"].dispose @overlay.dispose end

def update return if @window.disposed? @window.update @sprites["overlay"].update if $game_temp.message_window_showing || @currentmap!=$game_map.map_id @window.dispose @sprites["Image"].dispose @overlay.dispose return end if @frames>70 @sprites["Image"].y-= ((@sprites["Image"].bitmap.height)/10) @overlay.clear textPositions=[] textPositions.push([_INTL("{1}", $game_map.name),20,((@sprites["Image"].y) + (@sprites["Image"].bitmap.height))-47,0,@baseColor,@shadowColor]) pbDrawTextPositions(@overlay,textPositions) @overlay.dispose if @sprites["Image"].[email protected]["Image"].bitmap.height<0 @window.dispose if @sprites["Image"].[email protected]["Image"].bitmap.height<0 @sprites["Image"].dispose if @sprites["Image"].[email protected]["Image"].bitmap.height<0 else @sprites["Image"].y+= ((@sprites["Image"].bitmap.height)/10) if @sprites["Image"].y<0 @overlay.clear textPositions=[] textPositions.push([_INTL("{1}", $game_map.name),20,((@sprites["Image"].y) + (@sprites["Image"].bitmap.height))-47,0,@baseColor,@shadowColor]) pbDrawTextPositions(@overlay,textPositions) @frames+=1 end end end

################################################################################ # Lights ################################################################################ class LightEffect def initialize(event,map=nil) @light = IconSprite.new(0,0) @light.setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/LE") @light.z = 1000 @event = event @map=map ? map : $game_map @disposed=false end

def disposed? return @disposed end

def dispose @light.dispose @map=nil @event=nil @disposed=true end

def update @light.update end end

class LightEffect_Lamp < LightEffect def initialize(event,map=nil) @light = Sprite.new lamp = AnimatedBitmap.new("Graphics/Pictures/LE") @light.bitmap = Bitmap.new(128,64) src_rect = Rect.new(0, 0, 64, 64) @light.bitmap.blt(0, 0, lamp.bitmap, src_rect) @light.bitmap.blt(20, 0, lamp.bitmap, src_rect) lamp.dispose @light.visible = true @light.z = 1000 @map=map ? map : $game_map @event = event end end

class LightEffect_Basic < LightEffect def initialize(event,map=nil) super end

def update return if [email protected] || [email protected] super @light.opacity = 100 @light.ox=32 @light.oy=48 if (Object.const_defined?(:ScreenPosHelper) rescue false) @light.x = ScreenPosHelper.pbScreenX(@event) @light.y = ScreenPosHelper.pbScreenY(@event) @light.zoom_x = ScreenPosHelper.pbScreenZoomX(@event) else @light.x = @event.screen_x @light.y = @event.screen_y @light.zoom_x = 1.0 end @light.zoom_y = @light.zoom_x @light.tone=$game_screen.tone end end

class LightEffect_DayNight < LightEffect def initialize(event,map=nil) super end

def update return if [email protected] || [email protected] super shade=PBDayNight.getShade if shade>=144 # If light enough, call it fully day. shade=255 elsif shade<=64 # If dark enough, call it fully night. shade=0 else shade=255-(255*(144-shade)/(144-64)) end @light.opacity = 255-shade if @light.opacity>0 @light.ox=32 @light.oy=48 if (Object.const_defined?(:ScreenPosHelper) rescue false) @light.x = ScreenPosHelper.pbScreenX(@event) @light.y = ScreenPosHelper.pbScreenY(@event) @light.zoom_x = ScreenPosHelper.pbScreenZoomX(@event) @light.zoom_y = ScreenPosHelper.pbScreenZoomY(@event) else @light.x = @event.screen_x @light.y = @event.screen_y @light.zoom_x = 1.0 @light.zoom_y = 1.0 end @light.tone.set( $game_screen.tone.red, $game_screen.tone.green, $game_screen.tone.blue, $game_screen.tone.gray) end end end

################################################################################ # This module stores encounter-modifying events that can happen during the game. # A procedure can subscribe to an event by adding itself to the event. It will # then be called whenever the event occurs. ################################################################################ module EncounterModifier @@procs=[] @@procsEnd=[]

def self.register(p) @@procs.push(p) end

def self.registerEncounterEnd(p) @@procsEnd.push(p) end

def self.trigger(encounter) for prc in @@procs encounter=prc.call(encounter) end return encounter end

def self.triggerEncounterEnd() for prc in @@procsEnd prc.call() end end end

################################################################################ # This module stores events that can happen during the game. A procedure can # subscribe to an event by adding itself to the event. It will then be called # whenever the event occurs. ################################################################################ module Events @@OnMapChange=Event.new @@OnMapSceneChange=Event.new @@OnMapUpdate=Event.new @@OnMapChanging=Event.new @@OnLeaveTile=Event.new @@OnStepTaken=Event.new @@OnStepTakenTransferPossible=Event.new @@OnStepTakenFieldMovement=Event.new @@OnWildBattleOverride=Event.new @@OnWildBattleEnd=Event.new @@OnWildPokemonCreate=Event.new @@OnSpritesetCreate=Event.new @@OnStartBattle=Event.new @@OnEndBattle=Event.new @@OnMapCreate=Event.new @@OnAction=Event.new

# Triggers when the player presses the Action button on the map. def self.onAction=(v) @@OnAction=v end

def self.onAction @@OnAction end

def self.onStartBattle=(v) @@OnStartBattle=v end

def self.onStartBattle @@OnStartBattle end

def self.onEndBattle=(v) @@OnEndBattle=v end

def self.onEndBattle @@OnEndBattle end

# Fires whenever a map is created. Event handler receives two parameters: the # map (RPG::Map) and the tileset (RPG::Tileset) def self.onMapCreate=(v) @@OnMapCreate=v end

def self.onMapCreate @@OnMapCreate end

# Fires whenever the player moves to a new map. Event handler receives the old # map ID or 0 if none. Also fires when the first map of the game is loaded def self.onMapChange=(v) @@OnMapChange=v end

def self.onMapChange @@OnMapChange end

# Fires whenever one map is about to change to a different one. Event handler # receives the new map ID and the Game_Map object representing the new map. # When the event handler is called, $game_map still refers to the old map. def self.onMapChanging=(v) @@OnMapChanging=v end

def self.onMapChanging @@OnMapChanging end

# Fires whenever the player takes a step. def self.onStepTaken=(v) @@OnStepTaken=v end

def self.onStepTaken @@OnStepTaken end

# Fires whenever the player or another event leaves a tile. # Parameters: # e[0] - Event that just left the tile. # e[1] - Map ID where the tile is located (not necessarily # the current map). Use "$MapFactory.getMap(e[1])" to # get the Game_Map object corresponding to that map. # e[2] - X-coordinate of the tile # e[3] - Y-coordinate of the tile def self.onLeaveTile=(v) @@OnLeaveTile=v end

def self.onLeaveTile @@OnLeaveTile end

# Fires whenever the player or another event enters a tile. # Parameters: # e[0] - Event that just entered a tile. def self.onStepTakenFieldMovement=(v) @@OnStepTakenFieldMovement=v end

def self.onStepTakenFieldMovement @@OnStepTakenFieldMovement end

# Fires whenever the player takes a step. The event handler may possibly move # the player elsewhere. # Parameters: # e[0] = Array that contains a single boolean value. # If an event handler moves the player to a new map, it should set this value # to true. Other event handlers should check this parameter's value. def self.onStepTakenTransferPossible=(v) @@OnStepTakenTransferPossible=v end

def self.onStepTakenTransferPossible @@OnStepTakenTransferPossible end

# Fires each frame during a map update. def self.onMapUpdate=(v) @@OnMapUpdate=v end

def self.onMapUpdate @@OnMapUpdate end

# Triggers at the start of a wild battle. Event handlers can provide their own # wild battle routines to override the default behavior. def self.onWildBattleOverride=(v) @@OnWildBattleOverride=v end

def self.onWildBattleOverride @@OnWildBattleOverride end

# Triggers whenever a wild Pokémon battle ends # Parameters: # e[0] - Pokémon species # e[1] - Pokémon level # e[2] - Battle result (1-win, 2-loss, 3-escaped, 4-caught, 5-draw) def self.onWildBattleEnd=(v) @@OnWildBattleEnd=v end

def self.onWildBattleEnd @@OnWildBattleEnd end

# Triggers whenever a wild Pokémon is created # Parameters: # e[0] - Pokémon being created def self.onWildPokemonCreate=(v) @@OnWildPokemonCreate=v end

def self.onWildPokemonCreate @@OnWildPokemonCreate end

# Fires whenever the map scene is regenerated and soon after the player moves # to a new map. # Parameters: # e[0] = Scene_Map object. # e[1] = Whether the player just moved to a new map (either true or false). If # false, some other code had called $scene.createSpritesets to regenerate the # map scene without transferring the player elsewhere def self.onMapSceneChange=(v) @@OnMapSceneChange=v end

def self.onMapSceneChange @@OnMapSceneChange end

# Fires whenever a spriteset is created. # Parameters: # e[0] = Spriteset being created # e[1] = Viewport used for tilemap and characters # e[0].map = Map associated with the spriteset (not necessarily the current map). def self.onSpritesetCreate=(v) @@OnSpritesetCreate=v end

def self.onSpritesetCreate @@OnSpritesetCreate end end

################################################################################ # Terrain tags ################################################################################ class PBTerrain Ledge = 1 Grass = 2 Sand = 3 Rock = 4 DeepWater = 5 StillWater = 6 Water = 7 Waterfall = 8 WaterfallCrest = 9 TallGrass = 10 UnderwaterGrass = 11 Ice = 12 Neutral = 13 SootGrass = 14 Bridge = 15 end

def pbIsSurfableTag?(tag) return pbIsWaterTag?(tag) end

def pbIsWaterTag?(tag) return tag==PBTerrain::DeepWater || tag==PBTerrain::Water || tag==PBTerrain::StillWater || tag==PBTerrain::WaterfallCrest || tag==PBTerrain::Waterfall end

def pbIsPassableWaterTag?(tag) return tag==PBTerrain::DeepWater || tag==PBTerrain::Water || tag==PBTerrain::StillWater || tag==PBTerrain::WaterfallCrest end

def pbIsJustWaterTag?(tag) return tag==PBTerrain::DeepWater || tag==PBTerrain::Water || tag==PBTerrain::StillWater end

def pbIsGrassTag?(tag) return tag==PBTerrain::Grass || tag==PBTerrain::TallGrass || tag==PBTerrain::UnderwaterGrass end

################################################################################ # Battles ################################################################################ class Game_Temp attr_accessor :background_bitmap end

def pbNewBattleScene return PokeBattle_Scene.new end

def pbSceneStandby if $scene && $scene.is_a?(Scene_Map) $scene.disposeSpritesets end GC.start Graphics.frame_reset yield if $scene && $scene.is_a?(Scene_Map) $scene.createSpritesets end end

def pbBattleAnimation(bgm=nil,trainerid=-1,trainername="") handled=false playingBGS=nil playingBGM=nil if $game_system && $game_system.is_a?(Game_System) playingBGS=$game_system.getPlayingBGS playingBGM=$game_system.getPlayingBGM $game_system.bgm_pause $game_system.bgs_pause end pbMEFade(0.25) pbWait(10) pbMEStop if bgm pbBGMPlay(bgm) else pbBGMPlay(pbGetWildBattleBGM(0)) end viewport=Viewport.new(0,0,Graphics.width,Graphics.height) viewport.z=99999 # Fade to gray a few times. viewport.color=Color.new(17*8,17*8,17*8) 3.times do viewport.color.alpha=0 6.times do viewport.color.alpha+=30 Graphics.update Input.update pbUpdateSceneMap end 6.times do viewport.color.alpha-=30 Graphics.update Input.update pbUpdateSceneMap end end if $game_temp.background_bitmap $game_temp.background_bitmap.dispose end $game_temp.background_bitmap=Graphics.snap_to_bitmap # Animate the screen ($game_temp.background_bitmap contains # the current game screen). # # The following example runs a common event that does a custom animation if some # condition is true. The screen should fade to black when the common event is # finished: # # if $game_map && $game_map.map_id==20 # If on map 20 # pbCommonEvent(20) # handled=true # Note that the battle animation is done # end # ################################################################################ # VS animation, by Luka S.J. # Tweaked by Maruno. ################################################################################ if trainerid>=0 && FileTest.image_exist?(sprintf("Graphics/Transitions/vsBar#{trainerid}")) && FileTest.image_exist?(sprintf("Graphics/Transitions/vsTrainer#{trainerid}")) # Set up viewplayer=Viewport.new(0,Graphics.height/3,Graphics.width/2,128) viewplayer.z=viewport.z viewopp=Viewport.new(Graphics.width/2,Graphics.height/3,Graphics.width/2,128) viewopp.z=viewport.z viewvs=Viewport.new(0,0,Graphics.width,Graphics.height) viewvs.z=viewport.z xoffset=(Graphics.width/2)/10 xoffset=xoffset.round xoffset=xoffset*10 fade=Sprite.new(viewport) fade.bitmap=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Transitions/vsFlash") fade.tone=Tone.new(-255,-255,-255) fade.opacity=100 overlay=Sprite.new(viewport) overlay.bitmap=Bitmap.new(Graphics.width,Graphics.height) pbSetSystemFont(overlay.bitmap) bar1=Sprite.new(viewplayer) bar1.bitmap=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Transitions/vsBar#{$Trainer.trainertype}") bar1.x=-xoffset bar2=Sprite.new(viewopp) bar2.bitmap=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Transitions/vsBar#{trainerid}") bar2.x=xoffset vs=Sprite.new(viewvs) vs.bitmap=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Transitions/vs") vs.ox=vs.bitmap.width/2 vs.oy=vs.bitmap.height/2 vs.x=Graphics.width/2 vs.y=Graphics.height/1.5 vs.visible=false flash=Sprite.new(viewvs) flash.bitmap=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Transitions/vsFlash") flash.opacity=0 # Animation 10.times do bar1.x+=xoffset/10 bar2.x-=xoffset/10 pbWait(1) end pbSEPlay("Flash2") pbSEPlay("Sword2") flash.opacity=255 bar1=AnimatedPlane.new(viewplayer) bar1.bitmap=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Transitions/vsBar#{$Trainer.trainertype}") player=Sprite.new(viewplayer) player.bitmap=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Transitions/vsTrainer#{$Trainer.trainertype}") player.x=-xoffset bar2=AnimatedPlane.new(viewopp) bar2.bitmap=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Transitions/vsBar#{trainerid}") trainer=Sprite.new(viewopp) trainer.bitmap=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Transitions/vsTrainer#{trainerid}") trainer.x=xoffset trainer.tone=Tone.new(-255,-255,-255) 25.times do flash.opacity-=51 if flash.opacity>0 bar1.ox-=16 bar2.ox+=16 pbWait(1) end 11.times do bar1.ox-=16 bar2.ox+=16 player.x+=xoffset/10 trainer.x-=xoffset/10 pbWait(1) end 2.times do bar1.ox-=16 bar2.ox+=16 player.x-=xoffset/20 trainer.x+=xoffset/20 pbWait(1) end 10.times do bar1.ox-=16 bar2.ox+=16 pbWait(1) end val=2 flash.opacity=255 vs.visible=true trainer.tone=Tone.new(0,0,0) textpos=[ [_INTL("{1}",$Trainer.name),Graphics.width/4,(Graphics.height/1.5)+10,2, Color.new(248,248,248),Color.new(12*6,12*6,12*6)], [_INTL("{1}",trainername),(Graphics.width/4)+(Graphics.width/2),(Graphics.height/1.5)+10,2, Color.new(248,248,248),Color.new(12*6,12*6,12*6)] ] pbDrawTextPositions(overlay.bitmap,textpos) pbSEPlay("Sword2") 70.times do bar1.ox-=16 bar2.ox+=16 flash.opacity-=25.5 if flash.opacity>0 vs.x+=val vs.y-=val val=2 if vs.x<=(Graphics.width/2)-2 val=-2 if vs.x>=(Graphics.width/2)+2 pbWait(1) end 30.times do bar1.ox-=16 bar2.ox+=16 vs.zoom_x+=0.2 vs.zoom_y+=0.2 pbWait(1) end flash.tone=Tone.new(-255,-255,-255) 10.times do bar1.ox-=16 bar2.ox+=16 flash.opacity+=25.5 pbWait(1) end # End fade.dispose overlay.dispose bar1.dispose bar2.dispose player.dispose trainer.dispose vs.dispose flash.dispose viewplayer.dispose viewopp.dispose viewvs.dispose handled=true end if !handled if Sprite.method_defined?(:wave_amp) && rand(15)==0 viewport.color=Color.new(0,0,0,255) sprite = Sprite.new bitmap=Graphics.snap_to_bitmap bm=bitmap.clone sprite.z=99999 sprite.bitmap = bm sprite.wave_speed=500 for i in 0..25 sprite.opacity-=10 sprite.wave_amp+=60 sprite.update sprite.wave_speed+=30 2.times do Graphics.update end end bitmap.dispose bm.dispose sprite.dispose elsif Bitmap.method_defined?(:radial_blur) && rand(15)==0 viewport.color=Color.new(0,0,0,255) sprite = Sprite.new bitmap=Graphics.snap_to_bitmap bm=bitmap.clone sprite.z=99999 sprite.bitmap = bm for i in 0..15 bm.radial_blur(i,2) sprite.opacity-=15 2.times do Graphics.update end end bitmap.dispose bm.dispose sprite.dispose elsif rand(15)==0 scroll=["ScrollDown","ScrollLeft","ScrollRight","ScrollUp"] Graphics.freeze viewport.color=Color.new(0,0,0,255) Graphics.transition(50,sprintf("Graphics/Transitions/%s",scroll[rand(4)])) elsif rand(15)==0 scroll=["ScrollDownRight","ScrollDownLeft","ScrollUpRight","ScrollUpLeft"] Graphics.freeze viewport.color=Color.new(0,0,0,255) Graphics.transition(50,sprintf("Graphics/Transitions/%s",scroll[rand(4)])) else transitions=["Splash","Image1","Image2", "Image3","Image4","Random_stripe_h", "Random_stripe_v","BreakingGlass", "RotatingPieces","022-Normal02", "021-Normal01","Battle","Mosaic","ShrinkingPieces","zoomin", "computertrclose","hexatr","hexatzr", "battle1","battle2","battle3","battle4", "computertr","hexatrc" ] rnd=rand(transitions.length) Graphics.freeze viewport.color=Color.new(0,0,0,255) Graphics.transition(40,sprintf("Graphics/Transitions/%s",transitions[rnd])) end 5.times do Graphics.update Input.update pbUpdateSceneMap end end pbPushFade yield if block_given? pbPopFade if $game_system && $game_system.is_a?(Game_System) $game_system.bgm_resume(playingBGM) $game_system.bgs_resume(playingBGS) end $PokemonGlobal.nextBattleBGM=nil $PokemonGlobal.nextBattleME=nil $PokemonGlobal.nextBattleBack=nil $PokemonEncounters.clearStepCount for j in 0..17 viewport.color=Color.new(0,0,0,(17-j)*15) Graphics.update Input.update pbUpdateSceneMap end viewport.dispose end

def pbPrepareBattle(battle) if $game_screen.weather_type==1 || $game_screen.weather_type==2 battle.weather=PBWeather::RAINDANCE battle.weatherduration=-1 elsif $game_screen.weather_type==3 battle.weather=PBWeather::HAIL battle.weatherduration=-1 elsif $game_screen.weather_type==4 battle.weather=PBWeather::SANDSTORM battle.weatherduration=-1 elsif $game_screen.weather_type==5 battle.weather=PBWeather::SUNNYDAY battle.weatherduration=-1 end battle.shiftStyle=($PokemonSystem.battlestyle==0) battle.battlescene=($PokemonSystem.battlescene==0) battle.environment=pbGetEnvironment end

def pbGetEnvironment return PBEnvironment::None if !$game_map if $PokemonGlobal && $PokemonGlobal.diving return PBEnvironment::Underwater elsif $PokemonEncounters && $PokemonEncounters.isCave? return PBEnvironment::Cave elsif !pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataOutdoor) return PBEnvironment::None else terrain=$game_player.terrain_tag if terrain==PBTerrain::Grass # Normal grass return PBEnvironment::Grass elsif terrain==PBTerrain::TallGrass # Tall grass return PBEnvironment::TallGrass elsif terrain==PBTerrain::DeepWater || terrain==PBTerrain::Water return PBEnvironment::MovingWater elsif terrain==PBTerrain::StillWater return PBEnvironment::StillWater elsif terrain==PBTerrain::Rock return PBEnvironment::Rock elsif terrain==PBTerrain::Sand return PBEnvironment::Sand end return PBEnvironment::None end end

def pbGenerateWildPokemon(species,level) genwildpoke=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(species,level,$Trainer) items=genwildpoke.wildHoldItems chances=[50,5,1] chances=[60,20,5] if !$Trainer.party[0].egg? && isConst?($Trainer.party[0].ability,PBAbilities,:COMPOUNDEYES) itemrnd=rand(100) if itemrnd<chances[0] || (items[0]==items[1] && items[1]==items[2]) genwildpoke.item=items[0] elsif itemrnd<(chances[0]+chances[1]) genwildpoke.item=items[1] elsif itemrnd<(chances[0]+chances[1]+chances[2]) genwildpoke.item=items[2] end if getConst(PBItems,:SHINYCHARM) && $PokemonBag.pbQuantity(PBItems::SHINYCHARM)>0 for i in 0...2 # 3 times as likely genwildpoke.personalID=rand(65536)|(rand(65536)<<16) if !genwildpoke.isShiny? end end if rand(65536)<POKERUSCHANCE genwildpoke.givePokerus end Events.onWildPokemonCreate.trigger(nil,genwildpoke) return genwildpoke end

def pbWildBattle(species,level,variable=nil,canescape=true,canlose=false) if (Input.press?(Input::CTRL) && $DEBUG) || $Trainer.pokemonCount==0 if $Trainer.pokemonCount>0 Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("SKIPPING BATTLE...")) end pbSet(variable,1) $PokemonGlobal.nextBattleBGM=nil $PokemonGlobal.nextBattleME=nil $PokemonGlobal.nextBattleBack=nil return true end handled=[nil] Events.onWildBattleOverride.trigger(nil,species,level,handled) if handled[0]!=nil return handled[0] end currentlevels=[] for i in $Trainer.party currentlevels.push(i.level) end genwildpoke=pbGenerateWildPokemon(species,level) Events.onStartBattle.trigger(nil,genwildpoke) scene=pbNewBattleScene battle=PokeBattle_Battle.new(scene,$Trainer.party,[genwildpoke],$Trainer,nil) battle.internalbattle=true battle.cantescape=!canescape pbPrepareBattle(battle) decision=0 pbBattleAnimation(pbGetWildBattleBGM(species)) { pbSceneStandby { decision=battle.pbStartBattle(canlose) } if $PokemonGlobal.partner pbHealAll for i in $PokemonGlobal.partner[3]; i.heal; end end if decision==2 || decision==5 # if loss or draw if canlose for i in $Trainer.party; i.heal; end for i in 0...10 Graphics.update end else $game_system.bgm_unpause $game_system.bgs_unpause Kernel.pbStartOver end end Events.onEndBattle.trigger(nil,decision) } Input.update pbSet(variable,decision) Events.onWildBattleEnd.trigger(nil,species,level,decision) return (decision!=2) end

def pbDoubleWildBattle(species1,level1,species2,level2,variable=nil,canescape=true,canlose=false) if (Input.press?(Input::CTRL) && $DEBUG) || $Trainer.pokemonCount==0 if $Trainer.pokemonCount>0 Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("SKIPPING BATTLE...")) end pbSet(variable,1) $PokemonGlobal.nextBattleBGM=nil $PokemonGlobal.nextBattleME=nil $PokemonGlobal.nextBattleBack=nil return true end currentlevels=[] for i in $Trainer.party currentlevels.push(i.level) end genwildpoke=pbGenerateWildPokemon(species1,level1) genwildpoke2=pbGenerateWildPokemon(species2,level2) Events.onStartBattle.trigger(nil,genwildpoke) scene=pbNewBattleScene if $PokemonGlobal.partner othertrainer=PokeBattle_Trainer.new( $PokemonGlobal.partner[1],$PokemonGlobal.partner[0]) othertrainer.id=$PokemonGlobal.partner[2] othertrainer.party=$PokemonGlobal.partner[3] combinedParty=[] for i in 0...$Trainer.party.length combinedParty[i]=$Trainer.party[i] end for i in 0...othertrainer.party.length combinedParty[6+i]=othertrainer.party[i] end battle=PokeBattle_Battle.new(scene,combinedParty,[genwildpoke,genwildpoke2], [$Trainer,othertrainer],nil) battle.fullparty1=true else battle=PokeBattle_Battle.new(scene,$Trainer.party,[genwildpoke,genwildpoke2], $Trainer,nil) end battle.internalbattle=true battle.doublebattle=battle.pbDoubleBattleAllowed?() battle.cantescape=!canescape pbPrepareBattle(battle) decision=0 pbBattleAnimation(pbGetWildBattleBGM(species1)) { pbSceneStandby { decision=battle.pbStartBattle(canlose) } if $PokemonGlobal.partner pbHealAll for i in $PokemonGlobal.partner[3]; i.heal; end end if decision==2 || decision==5 if canlose for i in $Trainer.party; i.heal; end for i in 0...10 Graphics.update end else $game_system.bgm_unpause $game_system.bgs_unpause Kernel.pbStartOver end end Events.onEndBattle.trigger(nil,decision) } Input.update pbSet(variable,decision) return (decision!=2 && decision!=5) end

def pbCheckAllFainted() if pbAllFainted Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} has no usable Pokémon!\1",$Trainer.name)) Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} blacked out!",$Trainer.name)) pbBGMFade(1.0) pbBGSFade(1.0) pbFadeOutIn(99999){ Kernel.pbStartOver } end end

def pbEvolutionCheck(currentlevels) # Check conditions for evolution for i in 0...currentlevels.length pokemon=$Trainer.party[i] if pokemon && (!currentlevels[i] || pokemon.level!=currentlevels[i]) newspecies=Kernel.pbCheckEvolution(pokemon) if newspecies>0 # Start evolution scene evo=PokemonEvolutionScene.new evo.pbStartScreen(pokemon,newspecies) evo.pbEvolution evo.pbEndScreen end end end end

def pbDynamicItemList(*args) ret=[] for i in 0...args.length if hasConst?(PBItems,args[i]) ret.push(getConst(PBItems,args[i].to_sym)) end end return ret end

# Runs the Pickup event after a battle if a Pokemon has the ability Pickup. def Kernel.pbPickup(pokemon) return if !isConst?(pokemon.ability,PBAbilities,:PICKUP) || pokemon.egg? return if pokemon.item!=0 return if rand(10)!=0 pickupList=pbDynamicItemList( :POTION, :ANTIDOTE, :SUPERPOTION, :GREATBALL, :REPEL, :ESCAPEROPE, :FULLHEAL, :HYPERPOTION, :ULTRABALL, :REVIVE, :RARECANDY, :SUNSTONE, :MOONSTONE, :HEARTSCALE, :FULLRESTORE, :MAXREVIVE, :PPUP, :MAXELIXIR ) pickupListRare=pbDynamicItemList( :MAXREPEL, :NUGGET, :KINGSROCK, :FULLRESTORE, :IRONBALL, :LUCKYEGG, :PRISMSCALE, :ELIXIR, :PRISMSCALE, :LEFTOVERS, :PRISMSCALE ) return if pickupList.length!=18 return if pickupListRare.length!=11 randlist=[30,10,10,10,10,10,10,4,4,1,1] items=[] plevel=[100,pokemon.level].min rnd=rand(100) itemstart=(plevel-1)/10 itemstart=0 if itemstart<0 for i in 0...9 items.push(pickupList[i+itemstart]) end items.push(pickupListRare[itemstart]) items.push(pickupListRare[itemstart+1]) cumnumber=0 for i in 0...11 cumnumber+=randlist[i] if rnd<cumnumber pokemon.item=items[i] break end end end

class PokemonTemp attr_accessor :encounterType attr_accessor :evolutionLevels end

def pbEncounter(enctype) if $PokemonGlobal.partner encounter1=$PokemonEncounters.pbEncounteredPokemon(enctype) return false if !encounter1 encounter2=$PokemonEncounters.pbEncounteredPokemon(enctype) return false if !encounter2 $PokemonTemp.encounterType=enctype pbDoubleWildBattle(encounter1[0],encounter1[1],encounter2[0],encounter2[1]) $PokemonTemp.encounterType=-1 return true else encounter=$PokemonEncounters.pbEncounteredPokemon(enctype) return false if !encounter $PokemonTemp.encounterType=enctype pbWildBattle(encounter[0],encounter[1]) $PokemonTemp.encounterType=-1 return true end end

Events.onStartBattle+=proc {|sender,e| $PokemonTemp.evolutionLevels=[] for i in 0...$Trainer.party.length $PokemonTemp.evolutionLevels[i]=$Trainer.party[i].level end }

Events.onEndBattle+=proc {|sender,e| decision=e[0] if decision!=2 && decision!=5 # not a loss or a draw if $PokemonTemp.evolutionLevels pbEvolutionCheck($PokemonTemp.evolutionLevels) $PokemonTemp.evolutionLevels=nil end end if decision==1 for pkmn in $Trainer.party Kernel.pbPickup(pkmn) if isConst?(pkmn.ability,PBAbilities,:HONEYGATHER) && !pkmn.egg? && pkmn.item==0 if hasConst?(PBItems,:HONEY) chance = 5 + ((pkmn.level-1)/10)*5 pkmn.item=getConst(PBItems,:HONEY) if rand(100)<chance end end end end }

################################################################################ # Scene_Map and Spriteset_Map ################################################################################ class Scene_Map def createSingleSpriteset(map) temp=$scene.spriteset.getAnimations @spritesets[map]=Spriteset_Map.new($MapFactory.maps[map]) $scene.spriteset.restoreAnimations(temp) $MapFactory.setSceneStarted(self) updateSpritesets end end

class Spriteset_Map def getAnimations return @usersprites end

def restoreAnimations(anims) @usersprites=anims end end

Events.onSpritesetCreate+=proc{|sender,e| spriteset=e[0] # Spriteset being created viewport=e[1] # Viewport used for tilemap and characters map=spriteset.map # Map associated with the spriteset (not necessarily the current map). for i in map.events.keys if map.events[i].name=="OutdoorLight" spriteset.addUserSprite(LightEffect_DayNight.new(map.events[i],map)) elsif map.events[i].name=="Light" spriteset.addUserSprite(LightEffect_Basic.new(map.events[i],map)) end end spriteset.addUserSprite(Particle_Engine.new(viewport,map)) }

def Kernel.pbOnSpritesetCreate(spriteset,viewport) Events.onSpritesetCreate.trigger(nil,spriteset,viewport) end

################################################################################ # Field movement ################################################################################ def pbLedge(xOffset,yOffset) if Kernel.pbFacingTerrainTag==PBTerrain::Ledge if Kernel.pbJumpToward(2,true) $game_player.increase_steps $game_player.check_event_trigger_here([1,2]) end return true end return false end

def Kernel.pbSlideOnIce(event=nil) event=$game_player if !event return if !event return if pbGetTerrainTag(event)!=PBTerrain::Ice direction=event.direction oldwalkanime=event.walk_anime event.straighten event.walk_anime=false loop do break if !event.passable?(event.x,event.y,direction) break if pbGetTerrainTag(event)!=PBTerrain::Ice event.move_forward while event.moving? Graphics.update Input.update pbUpdateSceneMap end end event.center(event.x,event.y) event.walk_anime=oldwalkanime end

# Poison event on each step taken Events.onStepTakenTransferPossible+=proc {|sender,e| handled=e[0] next if handled[0] if $PokemonGlobal.stepcount % 4 == 0 && POISONINFIELD flashed=false for i in $Trainer.party if i.status==PBStatuses::POISON && i.hp>0 && !i.egg? && !isConst?(i.ability,PBAbilities,:POISONHEAL) if !flashed $game_screen.start_flash(Color.new(255,0,0,128), 4) flashed=true end if i.hp==1 && !POISONFAINTINFIELD i.status=0 Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} survived the poisoning.\\nThe poison faded away!\\1",i.name)) next end i.hp-=1 if i.hp==1 && !POISONFAINTINFIELD i.status=0 Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} survived the poisoning.\\nThe poison faded away!\\1",i.name)) end if i.hp==0 i.changeHappiness("faint") i.status=0 Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} fainted...\\1",i.name)) end handled[0]=true if pbAllFainted pbCheckAllFainted() end end end }

Events.onStepTaken+=proc{ $PokemonGlobal.happinessSteps=0 if !$PokemonGlobal.happinessSteps $PokemonGlobal.happinessSteps+=1 if $PokemonGlobal.happinessSteps==256 for pkmn in $Trainer.party if pkmn.hp>0 && !pkmn.egg? pkmn.changeHappiness("walking") end end $PokemonGlobal.happinessSteps=0 end }

Events.onStepTakenFieldMovement+=proc{|sender,e| event=e[0] # Get the event affected by field movement thistile=$MapFactory.getRealTilePos($game_map.map_id,event.x,event.y) map=$MapFactory.getMap(thistile[0]) sootlevel=nil for i in [2, 1, 0] tile_id = map.data[thistile[1],thistile[2],i] next if tile_id == nil if map.terrain_tags[tile_id] && map.terrain_tags[tile_id]==PBTerrain::SootGrass sootlevel=i break end end if sootlevel $PokemonGlobal.sootsack=0 if !$PokemonGlobal.sootsack map.data[thistile[1],thistile[2],sootlevel]=0 if event==$game_player && $PokemonBag.pbQuantity(getConst(PBItems,:SOOTSACK))>0 $PokemonGlobal.sootsack+=1 end $scene.createSingleSpriteset(map.map_id) end }

Events.onStepTakenFieldMovement+=proc{|sender,e| event=e[0] # Get the event affected by field movement currentTag=pbGetTerrainTag(event) if pbGetTerrainTag(event,true)==PBTerrain::Grass # Won't show if under bridge $scene.spriteset.addUserAnimation(GRASS_ANIMATION_ID,event.x,event.y) elsif event==$game_player && currentTag==PBTerrain::WaterfallCrest # Descend waterfall, but only if this event is the player Kernel.pbDescendWaterfall(event) elsif event==$game_player && currentTag==PBTerrain::Ice Kernel.pbSlideOnIce(event) end }

def pbBattleOnStepTaken if $Trainer.party.length > 0 encounterType=$PokemonEncounters.pbEncounterType if encounterType>=0 encounter=$PokemonEncounters.pbGenerateEncounter(encounterType) if $PokemonEncounters.isEncounterPossibleHere?() encounter=EncounterModifier.trigger(encounter) if $PokemonEncounters.pbCanEncounter?(encounter) if $PokemonGlobal.partner encounter2=$PokemonEncounters.pbEncounteredPokemon(encounterType) pbDoubleWildBattle(encounter[0],encounter[1],encounter2[0],encounter2[1]) else pbWildBattle(encounter[0],encounter[1]) end end EncounterModifier.triggerEncounterEnd() end end end end

def Kernel.pbOnStepTaken(eventTriggered) if $game_player.move_route_forcing || pbMapInterpreterRunning? || !$Trainer # if forced movement or if no trainer was created yet Events.onStepTakenFieldMovement.trigger(nil,$game_player) return end $PokemonGlobal.stepcount=0 if !$PokemonGlobal.stepcount $PokemonGlobal.stepcount+=1 $PokemonGlobal.stepcount&=0x7FFFFFFF Events.onStepTaken.trigger(nil) Events.onStepTakenFieldMovement.trigger(nil,$game_player) handled=[nil] Events.onStepTakenTransferPossible.trigger(nil,handled) return if handled[0] if !eventTriggered pbBattleOnStepTaken() end end

def Kernel.pbUpdateVehicle meta=pbGetMetadata(0,MetadataPlayerA+$PokemonGlobal.playerID) if meta if $PokemonGlobal.diving $game_player.character_name=meta[5] && meta[5]!="" ? meta[5] : meta[1] # Diving graphic elsif $PokemonGlobal.surfing $game_player.character_name=meta[3] && meta[3]!="" ? meta[3] : meta[1] # Surfing graphic elsif $PokemonGlobal.bicycle $game_player.character_name=meta[2] && meta[2]!="" ? meta[2] : meta[1] # Bicycle graphic else $game_player.character_name=meta[1] # Regular graphic end end end

def Kernel.pbCancelVehicles(destination=nil) $PokemonGlobal.surfing=false $PokemonGlobal.diving=false if !destination || !pbCanUseBike?(destination) $PokemonGlobal.bicycle=false end Kernel.pbUpdateVehicle end

def pbCanUseBike?(mapid) return true if pbGetMetadata(mapid,MetadataBicycleAlways) val=pbGetMetadata(mapid,MetadataBicycle) val=pbGetMetadata(mapid,MetadataOutdoor) if val==nil return val ? true : false end

def Kernel.pbMountBike return if $PokemonGlobal.bicycle $PokemonGlobal.bicycle=true $PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.remove_sprite(true) Kernel.pbUpdateVehicle bikebgm=pbGetMetadata(0,MetadataBicycleBGM) if bikebgm pbCueBGM(bikebgm,0.5) end end

def Kernel.pbDismountBike return if !$PokemonGlobal.bicycle $PokemonGlobal.bicycle=false Kernel.pbUpdateVehicle $game_map.autoplayAsCue end

def Kernel.pbSetPokemonCenter $PokemonGlobal.pokecenterMapId=$game_map.map_id $PokemonGlobal.pokecenterX=$game_player.x $PokemonGlobal.pokecenterY=$game_player.y $PokemonGlobal.pokecenterDirection=$game_player.direction end

################################################################################ # Fishing ################################################################################ def pbFishingBegin $PokemonGlobal.fishing=true if !pbCommonEvent(FISHINGBEGINCOMMONEVENT) patternb = 2*$game_player.direction - 1 playertrainer=pbGetPlayerTrainerType meta=pbGetMetadata(0,MetadataPlayerA+$PokemonGlobal.playerID) num=($PokemonGlobal.surfing) ? 7 : 6 if meta && meta[num] && meta[num]!="" 4.times do |pattern| $game_player.setDefaultCharName(meta[num],patternb-pattern) 2.times do Graphics.update Input.update pbUpdateSceneMap end end end end end

def pbFishingEnd if !pbCommonEvent(FISHINGENDCOMMONEVENT) patternb = 2*($game_player.direction - 2) playertrainer=pbGetPlayerTrainerType meta=pbGetMetadata(0,MetadataPlayerA+$PokemonGlobal.playerID) num=($PokemonGlobal.surfing) ? 7 : 6 if meta && meta[num] && meta[num]!="" 4.times do |pattern| $game_player.setDefaultCharName(meta[num],patternb+pattern) 2.times do Graphics.update Input.update pbUpdateSceneMap end end end end $PokemonGlobal.fishing=false end

def pbFishing(hasencounter) bitechance=65 hookchance=65 oldpattern=$game_player.fullPattern pbFishingBegin msgwindow=Kernel.pbCreateMessageWindow loop do time=2+rand(10) message="" time.times do message+=". " end if pbWaitMessage(msgwindow,time) pbFishingEnd $game_player.setDefaultCharName(nil,oldpattern) Kernel.pbMessageDisplay(msgwindow,_INTL("Not even a nibble...")) Kernel.pbDisposeMessageWindow(msgwindow) return false end rnd=rand(100) if rnd<bitechance && hasencounter frames=rand(6)+15 if !pbWaitForInput(msgwindow,message+_INTL("\r\nOh! A bite!"),frames) pbFishingEnd $game_player.setDefaultCharName(nil,oldpattern) Kernel.pbMessageDisplay(msgwindow,_INTL("It got away...")) Kernel.pbDisposeMessageWindow(msgwindow) return false end rnd=rand(100) if rnd<hookchance || FISHINGAUTOHOOK Kernel.pbMessageDisplay(msgwindow,_INTL("A Pokémon's on the hook!")) Kernel.pbDisposeMessageWindow(msgwindow) pbFishingEnd $game_player.setDefaultCharName(nil,oldpattern) return true end hookchance+=15 bitechance+=15 else pbFishingEnd $game_player.setDefaultCharName(nil,oldpattern) Kernel.pbMessageDisplay(msgwindow,_INTL("Not even a nibble...")) Kernel.pbDisposeMessageWindow(msgwindow) return false end end Kernel.pbDisposeMessageWindow(msgwindow) return false end

def pbWaitForInput(msgwindow,message,frames) return true if FISHINGAUTOHOOK Kernel.pbMessageDisplay(msgwindow,message,false) frames.times do Graphics.update Input.update pbUpdateSceneMap if Input.trigger?(Input::C) || Input.trigger?(Input::B) return true end end return false end

def pbWaitMessage(msgwindow,time) message="" (time+1).times do |i| message+=". " if i>0 Kernel.pbMessageDisplay(msgwindow,message,false) 20.times do Graphics.update Input.update pbUpdateSceneMap if Input.trigger?(Input::C)||Input.trigger?(Input::B) return true end end end return false end

################################################################################ # Moving between maps ################################################################################ Events.onMapChange+=proc {|sender,e| oldid=e[0] # previous map ID, 0 if no map ID healing=pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataHealingSpot) $PokemonGlobal.healingSpot=healing if healing $PokemonMap.clear if $PokemonMap $PokemonEncounters.setup($game_map.map_id) if $PokemonEncounters $PokemonGlobal.visitedMaps[$game_map.map_id]=true if oldid!=0 && oldid!=$game_map.map_id mapinfos=$RPGVX ? load_data("Data/MapInfos.rvdata") : load_data("Data/MapInfos.rxdata") if $game_map.name!=mapinfos[oldid].name weather=pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataWeather) $game_screen.weather(weather[0],8,20) if weather && rand(100)<weather[1] end end }

Events.onMapChanging+=proc {|sender,e| newmapID=e[0] newmap=e[1] # Undo the weather ($game_map still refers to the old map) mapinfos=$RPGVX ? load_data("Data/MapInfos.rvdata") : load_data("Data/MapInfos.rxdata") if newmapID>0 && $game_map.name!=mapinfos[newmapID].name weather=pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataWeather) $game_screen.weather(0,0,0) if weather end }

Events.onMapSceneChange+=proc{|sender,e| scene=e[0] mapChanged=e[1] return if !scene || !scene.spriteset if $game_map lastmapdetails=$PokemonGlobal.mapTrail[0] ? pbGetMetadata($PokemonGlobal.mapTrail[0],MetadataMapPosition) : [-1,0,0] lastmapdetails=[-1,0,0] if !lastmapdetails newmapdetails=$game_map.map_id ? pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataMapPosition) : [-1,0,0] newmapdetails=[-1,0,0] if !newmapdetails $PokemonGlobal.mapTrail=[] if !$PokemonGlobal.mapTrail if $PokemonGlobal.mapTrail[0]!=$game_map.map_id $PokemonGlobal.mapTrail[3]=$PokemonGlobal.mapTrail[2] if $PokemonGlobal.mapTrail[2] $PokemonGlobal.mapTrail[2]=$PokemonGlobal.mapTrail[1] if $PokemonGlobal.mapTrail[1] $PokemonGlobal.mapTrail[1]=$PokemonGlobal.mapTrail[0] if $PokemonGlobal.mapTrail[0] end $PokemonGlobal.mapTrail[0]=$game_map.map_id # Update map trail end darkmap=pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataDarkMap) if darkmap if $PokemonGlobal.flashUsed $PokemonTemp.darknessSprite=DarknessSprite.new scene.spriteset.addUserSprite($PokemonTemp.darknessSprite) darkness=$PokemonTemp.darknessSprite darkness.radius=176 else $PokemonTemp.darknessSprite=DarknessSprite.new scene.spriteset.addUserSprite($PokemonTemp.darknessSprite) end elsif !darkmap $PokemonGlobal.flashUsed=false if $PokemonTemp.darknessSprite $PokemonTemp.darknessSprite.dispose $PokemonTemp.darknessSprite=nil end end if mapChanged if pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataShowArea) nosignpost=false if $PokemonGlobal.mapTrail[1] for i in 0...NOSIGNPOSTS.length/2 nosignpost=true if NOSIGNPOSTS[2*i]==$PokemonGlobal.mapTrail[1] && NOSIGNPOSTS[2*i+1]==$game_map.map_id nosignpost=true if NOSIGNPOSTS[2*i+1]==$PokemonGlobal.mapTrail[1] && NOSIGNPOSTS[2*i]==$game_map.map_id break if nosignpost end mapinfos=$RPGVX ? load_data("Data/MapInfos.rvdata") : load_data("Data/MapInfos.rxdata") oldmapname=mapinfos[$PokemonGlobal.mapTrail[1]].name nosignpost=true if $game_map.name==oldmapname end scene.spriteset.addUserSprite(LocationWindow.new($game_map.name)) if !nosignpost end end if pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataBicycleAlways) Kernel.pbMountBike else if !pbCanUseBike?($game_map.map_id) Kernel.pbDismountBike end end }

def Kernel.pbStartOver(gameover=false) if pbInBugContest? Kernel.pbBugContestStartOver return end pbHealAll() if $PokemonGlobal.pokecenterMapId && $PokemonGlobal.pokecenterMapId>=0 if gameover Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("\\w[]\\wm\\c[8]\\l[3]After the unfortunate defeat, {1} scurried to a Pokémon Center.",$Trainer.name)) else Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("\\w[]\\wm\\c[8]\\l[3]{1} scurried to a Pokémon Center, protecting the exhausted and fainted Pokémon from further harm.",$Trainer.name)) end Kernel.pbCancelVehicles pbRemoveDependencies() $game_switches[STARTING_OVER_SWITCH]=true $game_temp.player_new_map_id=$PokemonGlobal.pokecenterMapId $game_temp.player_new_x=$PokemonGlobal.pokecenterX $game_temp.player_new_y=$PokemonGlobal.pokecenterY $game_temp.player_new_direction=$PokemonGlobal.pokecenterDirection $scene.transfer_player $game_map.refresh else homedata=pbGetMetadata(0,MetadataHome) if (homedata && !pbRxdataExists?(sprintf("Data/Map%03d",homedata[0])) ) if $DEBUG Kernel.pbMessage(_ISPRINTF("Can't find the map 'Map{1:03d}' in the Data folder. The game will resume at the player's position.",homedata[0])) end pbHealAll() return end if gameover Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("\\w[]\\wm\\c[8]\\l[3]After the unfortunate defeat, {1} scurried home.",$Trainer.name)) else Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("\\w[]\\wm\\c[8]\\l[3]{1} scurried home, protecting the exhausted and fainted Pokémon from further harm.",$Trainer.name)) end if homedata Kernel.pbCancelVehicles pbRemoveDependencies() $game_switches[STARTING_OVER_SWITCH]=true $game_temp.player_new_map_id=homedata[0] $game_temp.player_new_x=homedata[1] $game_temp.player_new_y=homedata[2] $game_temp.player_new_direction=homedata[3] $scene.transfer_player $game_map.refresh else pbHealAll() end end pbEraseEscapePoint end

def pbCaveEntranceEx(exiting) sprite=BitmapSprite.new(Graphics.width,Graphics.height) sprite.z=100000 totalBands=15 totalFrames=15 bandheight=((Graphics.height/2)-10).to_f/totalBands bandwidth=((Graphics.width/2)-12).to_f/totalBands grays=[] tbm1=totalBands-1 for i in 0...totalBands grays.push(exiting ? 0 : 255) end totalFrames.times do |j| x=0 y=0 rectwidth=Graphics.width rectheight=Graphics.height for k in 0...j t=(255.0)/totalFrames if exiting t=1.0-t t*=1.0+((k)/totalFrames.to_f) else t*=1.0+0.3*(((totalFrames-k)/totalFrames.to_f)**0.7) end grays[k]-=t grays[k]=0 if grays[k]<0 end for i in 0...totalBands currentGray=grays[i] sprite.bitmap.fill_rect(Rect.new(x,y,rectwidth,rectheight), Color.new(currentGray,currentGray,currentGray)) x+=bandwidth y+=bandheight rectwidth-=bandwidth*2 rectheight-=bandheight*2 end Graphics.update Input.update end if exiting pbToneChangeAll(Tone.new(255,255,255),0) else pbToneChangeAll(Tone.new(-255,-255,-255),0) end for j in 0..15 if exiting sprite.color=Color.new(255,255,255,j*255/15) else sprite.color=Color.new(0,0,0,j*255/15) end Graphics.update Input.update end pbToneChangeAll(Tone.new(0,0,0),8) for j in 0..5 Graphics.update Input.update end sprite.dispose end

def pbCaveEntrance pbSetEscapePoint pbCaveEntranceEx(false) end

def pbCaveExit pbEraseEscapePoint pbCaveEntranceEx(true) end

def pbSetEscapePoint $PokemonGlobal.escapePoint=[] if !$PokemonGlobal.escapePoint xco=$game_player.x yco=$game_player.y case $game_player.direction when 2 # Down yco-=1; dir=8 when 4 # Left xco+=1; dir=6 when 6 # Right xco-=1; dir=4 when 8 # Up yco+=1; dir=2 end $PokemonGlobal.escapePoint=[$game_map.map_id,xco,yco,dir] end

def pbEraseEscapePoint $PokemonGlobal.escapePoint=[] end

################################################################################ # Partner trainer ################################################################################ def pbRegisterPartner(trainerid,trainername,partyid=0) Kernel.pbCancelVehicles trainer=pbLoadTrainer(trainerid,trainername,partyid) trainerobject=PokeBattle_Trainer.new(_INTL(trainername),trainerid) trainerobject.setForeignID($Trainer) for i in trainer[2] i.trainerID=trainerobject.id i.ot=trainerobject.name i.calcStats end $PokemonGlobal.partner=[trainerid,trainerobject.name,trainerobject.id,trainer[2]] end

def pbDeregisterPartner $PokemonGlobal.partner=nil end

################################################################################ # Constant checks ################################################################################ Events.onMapUpdate+=proc {|sender,e| # Pokérus check last=$PokemonGlobal.pokerusTime now=pbGetTimeNow if !last || last.year!=now.year || last.month!=now.month || last.day!=now.day if $Trainer && $Trainer.party for i in $Trainer.pokemonParty i.lowerPokerusCount end $PokemonGlobal.pokerusTime=now end end }

# Returns whether the Poké Center should explain Pokérus to the player, if a # healed Pokémon has it. def Kernel.pbPokerus? return false if $game_switches[SEEN_POKERUS_SWITCH] for i in $Trainer.party return true if i.pokerusStage==1 end return false end

class PokemonTemp attr_accessor :batterywarning attr_accessor :cueBGM attr_accessor :cueFrames end

def pbBatteryLow? power="\0"*12 begin sps=Win32API.new('kernel32.dll','GetSystemPowerStatus','p','l') rescue return false end if sps.call(power)==1 status=power.unpack("CCCCVV") # Battery Flag if status[1]!=255 && (status[1]&6)!=0 # Low or Critical return true end # Battery Life Percent if status[2]<3 # Less than 3 percent return true end # Battery Life Time if status[4]<300 # Less than 5 minutes return true end end return false end

Events.onMapUpdate+=proc {|sender,e| time=pbGetTimeNow if time.sec==0 && $Trainer && $PokemonGlobal && $game_player && $game_map && !$PokemonTemp.batterywarning && !$game_player.move_route_forcing && !pbMapInterpreterRunning? && !$game_temp.message_window_showing && pbBatteryLow? $PokemonTemp.batterywarning=true Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("The game has detected that the battery is low. You should save soon to avoid losing your progress.")) end if $PokemonTemp.cueFrames $PokemonTemp.cueFrames-=1 if $PokemonTemp.cueFrames<=0 $PokemonTemp.cueFrames=nil if $game_system.getPlayingBGM==nil pbBGMPlay($PokemonTemp.cueBGM) end end end }

################################################################################ # Audio playing ################################################################################ def pbCueBGM(bgm,seconds,volume=nil,pitch=nil) return if !bgm bgm=pbResolveAudioFile(bgm,volume,pitch) playingBGM=$game_system.playing_bgm if !playingBGM || playingBGM.name!=bgm.name || playingBGM.pitch!=bgm.pitch pbBGMFade(seconds) if !$PokemonTemp.cueFrames $PokemonTemp.cueFrames=(seconds*Graphics.frame_rate)*3/5 end $PokemonTemp.cueBGM=bgm elsif playingBGM pbBGMPlay(bgm) end end

def pbAutoplayOnTransition surfbgm=pbGetMetadata(0,MetadataSurfBGM) bikebgm=pbGetMetadata(0,MetadataBicycleBGM) if $PokemonGlobal.surfing && surfbgm pbBGMPlay(surfbgm) elsif $PokemonGlobal.bicycle && bikebgm pbBGMPlay(bikebgm) else $game_map.autoplayAsCue end end

def pbAutoplayOnSave surfbgm=pbGetMetadata(0,MetadataSurfBGM) bikebgm=pbGetMetadata(0,MetadataBicycleBGM) if $PokemonGlobal.surfing && surfbgm pbBGMPlay(surfbgm) elsif $PokemonGlobal.bicycle && bikebgm pbBGMPlay(bikebgm) else $game_map.autoplay end end

################################################################################ # Voice recorder ################################################################################ def pbRecord(text,maxtime=30.0) text="" if !text textwindow=Window_UnformattedTextPokemon.newWithSize(text, 0,0,Graphics.width,Graphics.height-96) textwindow.z=99999 if text=="" textwindow.visible=false end wave=nil msgwindow=Kernel.pbCreateMessageWindow oldvolume=Kernel.Audio_bgm_get_volume() Kernel.Audio_bgm_set_volume(0) delay=2 delay.times do |i| Kernel.pbMessageDisplay(msgwindow, _ISPRINTF("Recording in {1:d} second(s)...\nPress ESC to cancel.",delay-i),false) Graphics.frame_rate.times do Graphics.update Input.update textwindow.update msgwindow.update if Input.trigger?(Input::B) Kernel.Audio_bgm_set_volume(oldvolume) Kernel.pbDisposeMessageWindow(msgwindow) textwindow.dispose return nil end end end Kernel.pbMessageDisplay(msgwindow, _INTL("NOW RECORDING\nPress ESC to stop recording."),false) if beginRecordUI frames=(maxtime*Graphics.frame_rate).to_i frames.times do Graphics.update Input.update textwindow.update msgwindow.update if Input.trigger?(Input::B) break end end tmpFile=ENV["TEMP"]+"\\record.wav" endRecord(tmpFile) wave=getWaveDataUI(tmpFile,true) if wave Kernel.pbMessageDisplay(msgwindow,_INTL("PLAYING BACK..."),false) textwindow.update msgwindow.update Graphics.update Input.update wave.play (Graphics.frame_rate*wave.time).to_i.times do Graphics.update Input.update textwindow.update msgwindow.update end end end Kernel.Audio_bgm_set_volume(oldvolume) Kernel.pbDisposeMessageWindow(msgwindow) textwindow.dispose return wave end

def Kernel.pbRxdataExists?(file) if $RPGVX return pbRgssExists?(file+".rvdata") else return pbRgssExists?(file+".rxdata") end end

################################################################################ # Gaining items ################################################################################ def Kernel.pbItemBall(item,quantity=1,plural=nil) itemname=PBItems.getName(item) pocket=pbGetPocket(item) if $PokemonBag.pbStoreItem(item,quantity) # If item can be picked up if $ItemData[item][ITEMUSE]==3 || $ItemData[item][ITEMUSE]==4 Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("\\se[itemlevel]{1} found \\c[2]{2}\\c[0]!\\nIt contained \\c[2]{3}\\c[0].\\wtnp[30]", $Trainer.name,itemname,PBMoves.getName($ItemData[item][ITEMMACHINE]))) Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} put the {2}\r\nin the <icon=bagPocket#{pocket}>{3} Pocket.",$Trainer.name,itemname,PokemonBag.pocketNames()[pocket])) elsif isConst?(item,PBItems,:LEFTOVERS) Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("\\se[itemlevel]{1} found some \\c[2]{2}\\c[0]!\\wtnp[30]",$Trainer.name,itemname)) Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} put the {2}\r\nin the <icon=bagPocket#{pocket}>{3} Pocket.",$Trainer.name,itemname,PokemonBag.pocketNames()[pocket])) else if quantity>1 if plural Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("\\se[itemlevel]{1} found {2} \\c[2]{3}\\c[0]!\\wtnp[30]",$Trainer.name,quantity,plural)) Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} put the {2}\r\nin the <icon=bagPocket#{pocket}>{3} Pocket.",$Trainer.name,plural,PokemonBag.pocketNames()[pocket])) else Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("\\se[itemlevel]{1} found {2} \\c[2]{3}s\\c[0]!\\wtnp[30]",$Trainer.name,quantity,itemname)) Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} put the {2}s\r\nin the <icon=bagPocket#{pocket}>{3} Pocket.",$Trainer.name,itemname,PokemonBag.pocketNames()[pocket])) end else Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("\\se[itemlevel]{1} found one \\c[2]{2}\\c[0]!\\wtnp[30]",$Trainer.name,itemname)) Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} put the {2}\r\nin the <icon=bagPocket#{pocket}>{3} Pocket.",$Trainer.name,itemname,PokemonBag.pocketNames()[pocket])) end end return true else # Can't add the item if $ItemData[item][ITEMUSE]==3 || $ItemData[item][ITEMUSE]==4 Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} found \\c[2]{2}\\c[0]!\\wtnp[20]",$Trainer.name,itemname)) elsif isConst?(item,PBItems,:LEFTOVERS) Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} found some \\c[2]{2}\\c[0]!\\wtnp[20]",$Trainer.name,itemname)) else if quantity>1 if plural Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} found {2} \\c[2]{3}\\c[0]!\\wtnp[20]",$Trainer.name,quantity,plural)) else Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} found {2} \\c[2]{3}s\\c[0]!\\wtnp[20]",$Trainer.name,quantity,itemname)) end else Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} found one \\c[2]{2}\\c[0]!\\wtnp[20]",$Trainer.name,itemname)) end end Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("Too bad... The Bag is full...")) return false end end

def Kernel.pbPokemonFound(item,quantity=1,plural=nil) itemname=PBItems.getName(item) pocket=pbGetPocket(item) e=$Trainer.party[0].name if $PokemonBag.pbStoreItem(item,quantity) pbWait(5)

if $ItemData[item][ITEMUSE]==3 || $ItemData[item][ITEMUSE]==4 Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("\\se[]{1} found {2}!\\se[itemlevel]\\nIt contained {3}.\\wtnp[30]",e,itemname,PBMoves.getName($ItemData[item][ITEMMACHINE]))) Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} put the {2}\r\nin the {3} Pocket.",$Trainer.name,itemname,PokemonBag.pocketNames()[pocket])) elsif isConst?(item,PBItems,:LEFTOVERS) Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("\\se[]{1} found some {2}!\\se[itemlevel]\\wtnp[30]",e,itemname)) Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} put the {2}\r\nin the {3} Pocket.",$Trainer.name,itemname,PokemonBag.pocketNames()[pocket])) else if quantity>1 if plural Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("\\se[]{1} found {2} {3}!\\se[itemlevel]\\wtnp[30]",e,quantity,plural)) Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} put the {2}\r\nin the {3} Pocket.",$Trainer.name,plural,PokemonBag.pocketNames()[pocket])) else Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("\\se[]{1} found {2} {3}s!\\se[itemlevel]\\wtnp[30]",e,quantity,itemname)) Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} put the {2}s\r\nin the {3} Pocket.",$Trainer.name,itemname,PokemonBag.pocketNames()[pocket])) end else Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("\\se[]{1} found one {2}!\\se[itemlevel]\\wtnp[30]",e,itemname)) Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} put the {2}\r\nin the {3} Pocket.",$Trainer.name,itemname,PokemonBag.pocketNames()[pocket])) end end return true else # Can't add the item if $ItemData[item][ITEMUSE]==3 || $ItemData[item][ITEMUSE]==4 Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} found {2}!\\wtnp[20]",e,itemname)) elsif isConst?(item,PBItems,:LEFTOVERS) Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} found some {2}!\\wtnp[20]",$Trainer.name,itemname)) else if quantity>1 if plural Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} found {2} {3}!\\wtnp[20]",e,quantity,plural)) else Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} found {2} {3}s!\\wtnp[20]",$Trainer.name,quantity,itemname)) end else Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} found one {2}!\\wtnp[20]",e,itemname)) end end Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("Too bad... The Bag is full...")) return false end end

def Kernel.pbReceiveItem(item,quantity=1,plural=nil) itemname=PBItems.getName(item) pocket=pbGetPocket(item) if $ItemData[item][ITEMUSE]==3 || $ItemData[item][ITEMUSE]==4 Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("\\se[itemlevel]Obtained \\c[2]{1}\\c[0]!\\nIt contained \\c[2]{2}\\c[0].\\wtnp[30]",itemname,PBMoves.getName($ItemData[item][ITEMMACHINE]))) elsif isConst?(item,PBItems,:LEFTOVERS) Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("\\se[itemlevel]Obtained some \\c[2]{1}\\c[0]!\\wtnp[30]",itemname)) elsif quantity>1 if plural Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("\\se[itemlevel]Obtained \\c[2]{1}\\c[0]!\\wtnp[30]",plural)) else Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("\\se[itemlevel]Obtained \\c[2]{1}s\\c[0]!\\wtnp[30]",itemname)) end else Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("\\se[itemlevel]Obtained \\c[2]{1}\\c[0]!\\wtnp[30]",itemname)) end if $PokemonBag.pbStoreItem(item,quantity) # If item can be added if quantity>1 if plural Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} put the {2}\r\nin the <icon=bagPocket#{pocket}>{3} Pocket.",$Trainer.name,plural,PokemonBag.pocketNames()[pocket])) else Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} put the {2}s\r\nin the <icon=bagPocket#{pocket}>{3} Pocket.",$Trainer.name,itemname,PokemonBag.pocketNames()[pocket])) end else Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} put the {2}\r\nin the <icon=bagPocket#{pocket}>{3} Pocket.",$Trainer.name,itemname,PokemonBag.pocketNames()[pocket])) end return true else # Can't add the item return false end end

def pbUseKeyItem if $PokemonBag.registeredItem==0 Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("A Key Item in the Bag can be registered to this key for instant use.")) else Kernel.pbUseKeyItemInField($PokemonBag.registeredItem) end end

################################################################################ # Event locations, terrain tags ################################################################################ def pbEventFacesPlayer?(event,player,distance) return false if distance<=0 # Event can't reach player if no coordinates coincide return false if event.x!=player.x && event.y!=player.y deltaX = (event.direction == 6 ? 1 : event.direction == 4 ? -1 : 0) deltaY = (event.direction == 2 ? 1 : event.direction == 8 ? -1 : 0) # Check for existence of player curx=event.x cury=event.y found=false for i in 0...distance curx+=deltaX cury+=deltaY if player.x==curx && player.y==cury found=true break end end return found end

def pbEventCanReachPlayer?(event,player,distance) return false if distance<=0 # Event can't reach player if no coordinates coincide return false if event.x!=player.x && event.y!=player.y deltaX = (event.direction == 6 ? 1 : event.direction == 4 ? -1 : 0) deltaY = (event.direction == 2 ? 1 : event.direction == 8 ? -1 : 0) # Check for existence of player curx=event.x cury=event.y found=false realdist=0 for i in 0...distance curx+=deltaX cury+=deltaY if player.x==curx && player.y==cury found=true break end realdist+=1 end return false if !found # Check passibility curx=event.x cury=event.y for i in 0...realdist if !event.passable?(curx,cury,event.direction) return false end curx+=deltaX cury+=deltaY end return true end

def pbFacingTileRegular(direction=nil,event=nil) event=$game_player if !event return [0,0,0] if !event x=event.x y=event.y direction=event.direction if !direction case direction when 1; y+=1; x-=1 when 2; y+=1 when 3; y+=1; x+=1 when 4; x-=1 when 6; x+=1 when 7; y-=1; x-=1 when 8; y-=1 when 9; y-=1; x+=1 end return [$game_map ? $game_map.map_id : 0,x,y] end

def pbFacingTile(direction=nil,event=nil) if $MapFactory return $MapFactory.getFacingTile(direction,event) else return pbFacingTileRegular(direction,event) end end

def pbFacingEachOther(event1,event2) return false if !event1 || !event2 if $MapFactory tile1=$MapFactory.getFacingTile(nil,event1) tile2=$MapFactory.getFacingTile(nil,event2) return false if !tile1 || !tile2 if tile1[0]==event2.map.map_id && tile1[1]==event2.x && tile1[2]==event2.y && tile2[0]==event1.map.map_id && tile2[1]==event1.x && tile2[2]==event1.y return true else return false end else tile1=Kernel.pbFacingTile(nil,event1) tile2=Kernel.pbFacingTile(nil,event2) return false if !tile1 || !tile2 if tile1[1]==event2.x && tile1[2]==event2.y && tile2[1]==event1.x && tile2[2]==event1.y return true else return false end end end

def pbGetTerrainTag(event=nil,countBridge=false) event=$game_player if !event return 0 if !event if $MapFactory return $MapFactory.getTerrainTag(event.map.map_id,event.x,event.y,countBridge) else $game_map.terrain_tag(event.x,event.y,countBridge) end end

def Kernel.pbFacingTerrainTag if $MapFactory return $MapFactory.getFacingTerrainTag else return 0 if !$game_player facing=pbFacingTile() return $game_map.terrain_tag(facing[1],facing[2]) end end

################################################################################ # Event movement ################################################################################ def pbTurnTowardEvent(event,otherEvent) sx=0 sy=0 if $MapFactory relativePos=$MapFactory.getThisAndOtherEventRelativePos(otherEvent,event) sx = relativePos[0] sy = relativePos[1] else sx = event.x - otherEvent.x sy = event.y - otherEvent.y end if sx == 0 and sy == 0 return end if sx.abs > sy.abs sx > 0 ? event.turn_left : event.turn_right else sy > 0 ? event.turn_up : event.turn_down end end

def Kernel.pbMoveTowardPlayer(event) maxsize=[$game_map.width,$game_map.height].max return if !pbEventCanReachPlayer?(event,$game_player,maxsize) loop do x=event.x y=event.y event.move_toward_player break if event.x==x && event.y==y while event.moving? Graphics.update Input.update pbUpdateSceneMap end end $PokemonMap.addMovedEvent(event.id) if $PokemonMap end

def Kernel.pbJumpToward(dist=1,playSound=false) x=$game_player.x y=$game_player.y case $game_player.direction when 2 # down $game_player.jump(0,dist) when 4 # left $game_player.jump(-dist,0) when 6 # right $game_player.jump(dist,0) when 8 # up $game_player.jump(0,-dist) end if $game_player.x!=x || $game_player.y!=y if playSound pbSEPlay("jump") end while $game_player.jumping? Graphics.update Input.update pbUpdateSceneMap end return true end return false end

def pbWait(numframes) numframes.times do Graphics.update Input.update pbUpdateSceneMap end end

module PBMoveRoute Down=1 Left=2 Right=3 Up=4 LowerLeft=5 LowerRight=6 UpperLeft=7 UpperRight=8 Random=9 TowardPlayer=10 AwayFromPlayer=11 Forward=12 Backward=13 Jump=14 # xoffset, yoffset Wait=15 # frames TurnDown=16 TurnLeft=17 TurnRight=18 TurnUp=19 TurnRight90=20 TurnLeft90=21 Turn180=22 TurnRightOrLeft90=23 TurnRandom=24 TurnTowardPlayer=25 TurnAwayFromPlayer=26 SwitchOn=27 # 1 param SwitchOff=28 # 1 param ChangeSpeed=29 # 1 param ChangeFreq=30 # 1 param WalkAnimeOn=31 WalkAnimeOff=32 StepAnimeOn=33 StepAnimeOff=34 DirectionFixOn=35 DirectionFixOff=36 ThroughOn=37 ThroughOff=38 AlwaysOnTopOn=39 AlwaysOnTopOff=40 Graphic=41 # Name, hue, direction, pattern Opacity=42 # 1 param Blending=43 # 1 param PlaySE=44 # 1 param Script=45 # 1 param ScriptAsync=101 # 1 param end

class Game_Character def jumpForward case self.direction when 2 # down jump(0,1) when 4 # left jump(-1,0) when 6 # right jump(1,0) when 8 # up jump(0,-1) end end

def jumpBackward case self.direction when 2 # down jump(0,-1) when 4 # left jump(1,0) when 6 # right jump(-1,0) when 8 # up jump(0,1) end end

def moveLeft90 case self.direction when 2 # down move_right when 4 # left move_down when 6 # right move_up when 8 # up move_left end end

def moveRight90 case self.direction when 2 # down move_left when 4 # left move_up when 6 # right move_down when 8 # up move_right end end

def minilock @[email protected] @locked=true end end

def pbMoveRoute(event,commands,waitComplete=false) route=RPG::MoveRoute.new route.repeat=false route.skippable=true route.list.clear route.list.push(RPG::MoveCommand.new(PBMoveRoute::ThroughOn)) i=0;while i<commands.length case commands[i] when PBMoveRoute::Wait, PBMoveRoute::SwitchOn, PBMoveRoute::SwitchOff, PBMoveRoute::ChangeSpeed, PBMoveRoute::ChangeFreq, PBMoveRoute::Opacity, PBMoveRoute::Blending, PBMoveRoute::PlaySE, PBMoveRoute::Script route.list.push(RPG::MoveCommand.new(commands[i],[commands[i+1]])) i+=1 when PBMoveRoute::ScriptAsync route.list.push(RPG::MoveCommand.new(PBMoveRoute::Script,[commands[i+1]])) route.list.push(RPG::MoveCommand.new(PBMoveRoute::Wait,[0])) i+=1 when PBMoveRoute::Jump route.list.push(RPG::MoveCommand.new(commands[i],[commands[i+1],commands[i+2]])) i+=2 when PBMoveRoute::Graphic route.list.push(RPG::MoveCommand.new(commands[i], [commands[i+1],commands[i+2],commands[i+3],commands[i+4]])) i+=4 else route.list.push(RPG::MoveCommand.new(commands[i])) end i+=1 end route.list.push(RPG::MoveCommand.new(PBMoveRoute::ThroughOff)) route.list.push(RPG::MoveCommand.new(0)) if event event.force_move_route(route) end return route end

################################################################################ # Screen effects ################################################################################ def pbToneChangeAll(tone, duration) $game_screen.start_tone_change(tone,duration * 2) for picture in $game_screen.pictures picture.start_tone_change(tone,duration * 2) if picture end end

def pbShake(power,speed,frames) $game_screen.start_shake(power,speed,frames * 2) end

def pbFlash(color,frames) $game_screen.start_flash(color,frames * 2) end

def pbScrollMap(direction, distance, speed) return if !$game_map if speed==0 case direction when 2 $game_map.scroll_down(distance * 128) when 4 $game_map.scroll_left(distance * 128) when 6 $game_map.scroll_right(distance * 128) when 8 $game_map.scroll_up(distance * 128) end else $game_map.start_scroll(direction, distance, speed); oldx=$game_map.display_x oldy=$game_map.display_y loop do Graphics.update Input.update if !$game_map.scrolling? break end pbUpdateSceneMap if $game_map.display_x==oldx && $game_map.display_y==oldy break end oldx=$game_map.display_x oldy=$game_map.display_y end end end

################################################################################ # Events ################################################################################ class Game_Event def cooledDown?(seconds) if !(expired?(seconds) && tsOff?("A")) self.need_refresh=true return false else return true end end

def cooledDownDays?(days) if !(expiredDays?(days) && tsOff?("A")) self.need_refresh=true return false else return true end end end

module InterpreterFieldMixin # Used in boulder events. Allows an event to be pushed. To be used in # a script event command. def pbPushThisEvent event=get_character(0) oldx=event.x oldy=event.y # Apply strict version of passable, which makes impassable # tiles that are passable only from certain directions if !event.passableStrict?(event.x,event.y,$game_player.direction) return end case $game_player.direction when 2 # down event.move_down when 4 # left event.move_left when 6 # right event.move_right when 8 # up event.move_up end $PokemonMap.addMovedEvent(@event_id) if $PokemonMap if oldx!=event.x || oldy!=event.y $game_player.lock begin Graphics.update Input.update pbUpdateSceneMap end until !event.moving? $game_player.unlock end end

def pbPushThisBoulder if $PokemonMap.strengthUsed pbPushThisEvent end return true end

def pbHeadbutt Kernel.pbHeadbutt(get_character(0)) return true end

def pbTrainerIntro(symbol) if $DEBUG return if !Kernel.pbTrainerTypeCheck(symbol) end trtype=PBTrainers.const_get(symbol) pbGlobalLock Kernel.pbPlayTrainerIntroME(trtype) return true end

def pbTrainerEnd pbGlobalUnlock e=get_character(0) e.erase_route if e end

def pbParams @parameters ? @parameters : @params end

def pbGetPokemon(id) return $Trainer.party[pbGet(id)] end

def pbSetEventTime(*arg) $PokemonGlobal.eventvars={} if !$PokemonGlobal.eventvars time=pbGetTimeNow time=time.to_i pbSetSelfSwitch(@event_id,"A",true) $PokemonGlobal.eventvars[[@map_id,@event_id]]=time for otherevt in arg pbSetSelfSwitch(otherevt,"A",true) $PokemonGlobal.eventvars[[@map_id,otherevt]]=time end end

def getVariable(*arg) if arg.length==0 return nil if !$PokemonGlobal.eventvars return $PokemonGlobal.eventvars[[@map_id,@event_id]] else return $game_variables[arg[0]] end end

def setVariable(*arg) if arg.length==1 $PokemonGlobal.eventvars={} if !$PokemonGlobal.eventvars $PokemonGlobal.eventvars[[@map_id,@event_id]]=arg[0] else $game_variables[arg[0]]=arg[1] $game_map.need_refresh=true end end

def tsOff?(c) get_character(0).tsOff?(c) end

def tsOn?(c) get_character(0).tsOn?(c) end

alias isTempSwitchOn? tsOn? alias isTempSwitchOff? tsOff?

def setTempSwitchOn(c) get_character(0).setTempSwitchOn(c) end

def setTempSwitchOff(c) get_character(0).setTempSwitchOff(c) end

# Must use this approach to share the methods because the methods already # defined in a class override those defined in an included module CustomEventCommands=<<_END_

def command_352 scene=PokemonSaveScene.new screen=PokemonSave.new(scene) screen.pbSaveScreen return true end

def command_125 value = operate_value(pbParams[0], pbParams[1], pbParams[2]) $Trainer.money+=value return true end

def command_132 $PokemonGlobal.nextBattleBGM=(pbParams[0]) ? pbParams[0].clone : nil return true end

def command_133 $PokemonGlobal.nextBattleME=(pbParams[0]) ? pbParams[0].clone : nil return true end

def command_353 pbBGMFade(1.0) pbBGSFade(1.0) pbFadeOutIn(99999){ Kernel.pbStartOver(true) } end

def command_314 if pbParams[0] == 0 && $Trainer && $Trainer.party pbHealAll() end return true end

_END_ end

class Interpreter include InterpreterFieldMixin eval(InterpreterFieldMixin::CustomEventCommands) end

class Game_Interpreter include InterpreterFieldMixin eval(InterpreterFieldMixin::CustomEventCommands) end

################################################################################ # ################################################################################ class Transient def initialize(value) @value=value end

attr_accessor :value

def self._load(str) return Transient.new(nil) end

def _dump(*arg) return "" end end

Old March 1st, 2013 (2:44 AM).

Here's what I think the problem is:

An event is trying to walk around on a map which isn't directly connected to the map the player is currently on. The code that's causing the problem only checks the current map and directly connected maps to see whether the event is moving onto a valid tile; it doesn't check connected-but-one maps and so forth.

Have a look at your map connections. Open them in the Visual Editor and save them again to make sure. There needs to be a connection between a map and any "nearby" map (both directly connected ones and ones within about 5 tiles of it in any direction).

This is probably why remaking the map from scratch tends to work - the user would tend to recreate the map connections as well, which are the problem.

Old March 1st, 2013 (1:06 PM).
Shadow Maker

Here's what I think the problem is:

An event is trying to walk around on a map which isn't directly connected to the map the player is currently on. The code that's causing the problem only checks the current map and directly connected maps to see whether the event is moving onto a valid tile; it doesn't check connected-but-one maps and so forth.

Have a look at your map connections. Open them in the Visual Editor and save them again to make sure. There needs to be a connection between a map and any "nearby" map (both directly connected ones and ones within about 5 tiles of it in any direction).

This is probably why remaking the map from scratch tends to work - the user would tend to recreate the map connections as well, which are the problem.

Thanks Maruno. I deleted everything in the connections.txt and redid them and as far as I can tell that fixed it. :D

I while we are talking I have another question and don't want to start a new discussion on it. How do I change the text colors in the text entry screen? I want all letters on the screen to be white and can't figure out how.

Old March 1st, 2013 (2:27 PM).

I don't know specifically which text you're talking about, so all I'll say is to look in PokemonTextEntry for Color.new. There's several parts that would need changing.

Old March 1st, 2013 (2:35 PM). Edited March 1st, 2013 by Rayd12smitty.
Shadow Maker

I don't know specifically which text you're talking about, so all I'll say is to look in PokemonTextEntry for Color.new. There's several parts that would need changing.

I looked through the script. I know its that one. Heres what I mean.
The text in the box at the top and all the letters you can click on

Spoiler:

EDIT: I found the lines for the letters, but still not the top text box.

Old March 1st, 2013 (3:42 PM).

Assuming you've not edited that script section...

• The "Your name?" text is coloured by line 1221.
  • The name being typed in is coloured by line 1226.
  • The underscores below the name being typed in are coloured by lines 1165 and 1166.
  • The letters in the bottom half of the screen (the ones you choose) are coloured by line 1158.

Old March 1st, 2013 (4:03 PM).
Shadow Maker

Assuming you've not edited that script section...
  • The "Your name?" text is coloured by line 1221.
  • The name being typed in is coloured by line 1226.
  • The underscores below the name being typed in are coloured by lines 1165 and 1166.
  • The letters in the bottom half of the screen (the ones you choose) are coloured by line 1158.

Thanks again Maruno! :D

I wouldn't have found half of them

Sponsored Links