The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 28th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Forever
let it go

Every Pokemon game up until now has had a guidebook. In Unova we had an awesome special holographic guidebook, and each generally are extremely comprehensive and make it way easier to play the games. Do you think we'll see another guidebook for these games? Will you be buying it? Why or why not? What do you think will be in it? What do you want to see in it? Do you think they'll release more than one? Share those and any other related thoughts to the topic!
Old February 28th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
It's almost a guarantee that X and Y will have their own guidebook. I doubt I'll be buying one though. Unless you're a collector, buying the guidebooks are just a waste of money when you can find everything online, and for free no less!

Like most guidebooks before, I expect these to have details on all of the new Pokémon, a complete walkthrough of the game, and detail on the region map and all its different locations, as well as other secrets that you won't typically find so easily. Not to mention, explanation on new game mechanics and features that will be introduced. There will definitely be some good stuff in there, but again, nothing you couldn't generally find on the internet nowadays.

Oh, and no guidebook is ever complete without a complimentary poster! Got to have one of those in there.
Old February 28th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I've...never really bought the guidebook for any game ever since what, Platinum version? Decided that it wasn't even necessary(and lol I think Platinum had a pretty huge guidebook or something @_@ so yeah, no). I'll just decide to skip over it.

Hypothetically though, if I do ever decide to by one for whatever reason, having pretty pictures would be nice. I dunno, I'm drawn in by pictures more than words on the page, so that'll be nice! :3 /lol I sound so lame.

Also, posters would be great, like Shivi said! n_n It's always exciting to hang up an awesome-looking Pokemon poster on your wall~
Old March 1st, 2013, 12:01 AM
porkiewpyne
Unhatched Egg

There will most likely be one or two (or more since they split the Pokedex from the main game guide iirc).
I doubt I'll be getting it early on. Maybe if it's on sale (like my BW2 Collector's Edition guide) at a later date. Like Aerilyn said, not so much to refer and stuff but to make that inner collector in me that little bit happier :D
Old March 1st, 2013, 03:31 AM
Forever
let it go

For me I'm not sure. I got B/W's because it was awesome and I skipped Sinnoh and I got almost like everything before and I skipped B2/W2 too...

I guess it depends entirely on the cover art and if they offer it for purchase at the time lmao. :( But generally I wouldn't use it. I certainly didn't use B/W's much :x
Old March 3rd, 2013, 05:04 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
It'll get made without a doubt, but with the existence of Serebii/Bulbagarden/etc. there isn't much point to getting them anymore. I'd rather get the information for free and more than likely quicker like that then going out and spending the money to have a physical copy of the book.
Old March 4th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Castform
Fortune doesn't favor fools!

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
It will be made for sure, however I won't be purchasing it. As Jake mentioned it is much easier just to access all of the information you need online.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links