Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page ♛ Legendary Pokemon Club (new event started!) ♛

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old February 19th, 2013 (05:24 AM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Username: vaporeon7
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Rayquaza and Mew
Answer a Topic: I don't think so actually, I can't see something like an evil Mew without it being controlled.
Old February 20th, 2013 (01:46 PM).
Galoria
Moo~ ♪

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Galoria Send a message via Skype™ to Galoria
I think we should make a new topic in there~
<3

In your opinion, what role will play the next two legendary Pokemon that are advertised in Gen6?

Old February 20th, 2013 (06:41 PM).
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Lonely
Answering Topic: In your opinion, what role will play the next two legendary Pokemon that are advertised in Gen6?

well, Im not exactly sure, but it seems that the two legendaries could be just very powerful pokemon that reside within their area or territory and dont directly impact the plot until they are brought in by people(maybe the evil team if there is one)
Old February 21st, 2013 (05:41 AM).
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I think they'll be controlled by the evil team to clear out the land and make it look new.
Old February 22nd, 2013 (02:31 PM).
Galoria
Moo~ ♪

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Galoria Send a message via Skype™ to Galoria

In your opinion, what role will play the next two legendary Pokemon that are advertised in Gen6?

In my opinion, I think the next two Pokemon have a major role in the history of Pokémon.
First, Yveltal has some clues in his name, like all other Pokemon. Its name comes from the term "Yvel" which means "evil". Due to its relatively aggressive forms (spicy), its color is both aggressive red and black colors, does not bode positive!
Second, Xerneas is a deer, a creature of the wood is therefore akin to nature. Given the highly colorful and sleek this pokémon, my instinct tells me that I can trust this pokemon so graceful and beautiful!

In conclusion, I think it will be between a hero (you) and these two Pokemon that will be used for evil. Due to their power, as usual. Seen every legendary pokemon are used because of their powers, I think it will be between two powers of the two legendary pokemon:

The order / creation / nature (Xerneas)
against
Disorder / destruction / chaos (Yveltal)

What do you think?
Old February 22nd, 2013 (03:22 PM).
TwilightBlade
Protect his very soul.

Welcome to the club, folks!

In your opinion, what role will play the next two legendary Pokemon that are advertised in Gen 6?
Hmm... Yveltal appears to dominate the skies while Xerneas rests within the forests. Y-axis is vertical, representing the sky. X-axis is horizontal, representing the ground. Where will their powers collide... I'm kinda bored with evil teams attempting to control the legendary Pokemon for their own gain. Maybe the evil team will want to clear the skies / clear the forests to pave the way for human civilization and technological advances. This will anger the legendary Pokemon, and in response they attack all humans, yup yup. Destruction comes before creation... An all-out war... We are in France, after all. :P

Old February 23rd, 2013 (08:36 AM).
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I have to agree with Twilightblade. The two look more based of off the x/y axis than genetics. I don't know what else these Pokémon could control otherwise.
Old February 23rd, 2013 (04:54 PM).
Galoria
Moo~ ♪

We'll see that very soon. I hope they'll not add a new team who wants to bring pain and accomplish a greedy ambition. I'm quite tired of this too !

Oh... Since it was more than 3 days, should we make a new topic?
If I may~

Related to what we spoke before, why not think about Yveltal and Xerneas type(s)?

Old February 24th, 2013 (12:13 PM).
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Xerneas looks Grass and Psychic and Yveltal looks Poison and Dragon to me, well that'd be cool anyway.
Old February 24th, 2013 (12:49 PM).
Pidgey
Say my name, silverflame, take control
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Why rule out the possibility of the theme being genetics just because of this theory, rather than both themes being present in the games? I can't see much to the whole x-axis and y-axis thing rather than what Blade mentioned. It could be that part of the game took place in the sky, which I've got no idea how they'd make realistic to at least Pokemon standards, but I don't see a whole theme in it. But when talking these two legendaries, I can't see much to where genetics actually do fit in. The only thing that really springs to mind, is the rainbow-coloured light Xerneas sent out, which, as we've already talked about, could mean that Xerneas possessed all typings. It could be that Xerneas was genetically modified to be that way, or that some kind of cliche evil team would be out to get Xerneas' DNA to use it on other Pokemon to make them a lot stronger. That way though, I don't see how Yveltal would fit in, so it's most likely not that.
Old March 1st, 2013 (07:12 PM).
bubbacca
Shiny Hunti- OMIGOSH

Username: Bubbacca
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Meloetta and Genesect
Answer a Topic: Well, based on the Norse legends, there is a tree where all the nine worlds are tied together. On the base of the tree, there live 4 stags, each with a pair of gems at the base Xerneas will probably represent these stags, because it has eight antlers and there are four pairs of gemstones. In the top of the tree lives an eagle, who is blind. Yvetal will probably represent this eagle because it's eyes are a light blue, as most animals eyes are if they are blind. The stags are limited to walking on the ground, or X-Axis if you please. The Eagle flies through the air, or the Y-Axis.

Now, this might not sound like much, but here is where the evidence starts to make a lot more sense. In the legends, there is a serpent living under the tree's roots. What other animal would make the shape of a Z? Xerneas and Yveltal made the shapes of X and Y respectively, so the mascot of the third game that they will probably make would be in the shape of a Z. A serpent would be able to easily make the shape of a Z. The serpent would be able to move both up and down, as it lives underground and can move wherever it wants to.

I love BBcode so much better than WYSIWYG =D
Old March 1st, 2013 (07:17 PM).
Starry Windy
Bring your melody to life
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Starry Windy
Related to what we spoke before, why not think about Yveltal and Xerneas type(s)?
I personally think Xerneas might be Psychic and Fighting type.
And Yveltal would be Dark and Flying types.
Old March 1st, 2013 (07:49 PM).
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by Olli97:
Why rule out the possibility of the theme being genetics just because of this theory, rather than both themes being present in the games? I can't see much to the whole x-axis and y-axis thing rather than what Blade mentioned. It could be that part of the game took place in the sky, which I've got no idea how they'd make realistic to at least Pokemon standards, but I don't see a whole theme in it. But when talking these two legendaries, I can't see much to where genetics actually do fit in. The only thing that really springs to mind, is the rainbow-coloured light Xerneas sent out, which, as we've already talked about, could mean that Xerneas possessed all typings. It could be that Xerneas was genetically modified to be that way, or that some kind of cliche evil team would be out to get Xerneas' DNA to use it on other Pokemon to make them a lot stronger. That way though, I don't see how Yveltal would fit in, so it's most likely not that.
Maybe there's no relation at all between the X and Y and GameFreak is just messing with us all.
As for the typings, I'm guessing that Yvetal's some combination of Dark, Dragon and/or Poison, any two out of those three. I could see Xerneas as some combo of Grass, Psychic, and Ghost. And who knows, maybe there will be a new type released with this Gen, and maybe both mascots will share that type?
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old March 2nd, 2013 (12:53 AM).
Synerjee
The main reason I got stronger was so I’d be able to survive.

Related to what we've spoken before, why not think about Yveltal's and Xerneas' type(s)?

By looking at them, I think Yveltal could be Poison/Fire whereas Xerneas could be Psychic/Grass. Each would be both super effective and weak to one another. Psychic>Poison and Fire>Grass. I think this would be quite an accurate type speculation.

pairs | twitter | showdown | lake valor | pc family
Old March 2nd, 2013 (09:23 AM).
bubbacca
Shiny Hunti- OMIGOSH

I think that Xerneas will be a grass-Psychic type.
Yveltal might be another Fire-Flying type- the mane thingy on it's neck looks like smoke.

But I have no idea about anything else.
What about Sylveon's type?

I love BBcode so much better than WYSIWYG =D
Old March 10th, 2013 (07:35 AM).
Pidgey
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by bubbacca:
Now, this might not sound like much, but here is where the evidence starts to make a lot more sense. In the legends, there is a serpent living under the tree's roots. What other animal would make the shape of a Z? Xerneas and Yveltal made the shapes of X and Y respectively, so the mascot of the third game that they will probably make would be in the shape of a Z. A serpent would be able to easily make the shape of a Z. The serpent would be able to move both up and down, as it lives underground and can move wherever it wants to.
I can easily see that happening, however, with the move they pulled with Black 2 and White 2, we can't be certain there'll be a third game. It's likely that third games are gonna be pretty rare from now on, as a result of Gamefreak trying to break the repetitiveness of the seperate games, and possibly try new things. Or maybe they'll make a third game, which just follows another formula than what they've done with all the other "third games of the generations". Like, making the third game follow another storyline, but still taking place in the same generation (like B2/W2). But yeah, if a serpent appears as a legendary in X and Y, we're most likely in for some kind of follow up game(s) that features that specific Pokemon :p

Quote originally posted by bubbacca:
What about Sylveon's type?
Unfortunately, Sylveon isn't a legendary Pokemon, so there are better places than this club to discuss it, so I recommend you check out the XY forum if you want to join in on the debate :)
Old March 20th, 2013 (09:52 PM).
TwilightBlade
Protect his very soul.

Welcome to the club, Bubbacca. I've heard about the possibility of the XY mascots being based on that legend too. I've already toyed around with the idea of their typings - maybe they'll even have multiple types since the fans have many ideas. So, I want to reign in club members with a new topic now, courtesy of trade corner. :)

If you could remove one legendary Pokemon from the Pokedex, which would you remove and why?

Old March 20th, 2013 (10:02 PM).
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Username: tabor62
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Celebi and Shaymin
Answer a Topic: If you could remove one legendary Pokemon from the Pokedex, which would you remove and why?
Hmmm, I would have to say Phione. It's completely useless in my eyes. Why can't we get a Manaphy when we breed it? D:

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old March 24th, 2013 (07:28 AM).
ɯɐǝq ɹǝpʎɥ
Unhatched Egg

Username:ɯɐǝq ɹǝpʎɥ
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners:Mew and Mewtwo
Answer a Topic: I would remove Hetran because it dosen't look of seem like a legendary I didn't even know it was one untill looking at this list it's just a disgrace.
Old March 24th, 2013 (07:42 AM).
Squirrel
Momentai :D
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by ɯɐǝq ɹǝpʎɥ:
I would remove Hetran because it dosen't look of seem like a legendary I didn't even know it was one untill looking at this list it's just a disgrace.
D'aww, but Heatran is cool! I admit, he certainly isn't a Pokémon that I'd class as legendary, especially since there's so many of him, but I would hate to see him go! If the topic is referring to making a legendary Pokémon non-legendary then I'll go with Heatran too because he just doesn't strike me as legendary-worthy, but if we're removing a Pokémon all together I'll go for Giratina! That thing's ugly and his origins are pretty dull compared to the others, but I really dislike his typing. He's most certainly my least favourite legendary overall so he'd be first on my list to go :p
Old March 24th, 2013 (07:51 AM). Edited March 24th, 2013 by Squirrel.
Synerjee
The main reason I got stronger was so I’d be able to survive.

If you could remove one legendary Pokemon from the Pokedex, which would you remove and why?

Similar to the above posts, it would have to be Heatran. Legendary Pokemon usually do not have genders, but this Fire/Steel-type does. It's kinda strange. Also, I think Phione should go. It's almost useless to be honest. Why would the offspring of Manaphy be so much weaker than Manaphy itself?? I Simply Do Not Get It.

pairs | twitter | showdown | lake valor | pc family
Old March 26th, 2013 (09:31 AM).
Pidgey
Community Supporter

Going along with the stream, I'm gonna say Phione and Heatran. While I like both Pokemon, neither of them really fit into the legendary category. Heatran may have the looks and all, but it just never really felt like a legendary. I think, if it had to be part of some kind of category, pseudo-legendary would fit it better. I don't know if its stats even match those, but otherwise, it just doesn't really fit in anywhere.

Phione I feel the same about, however it should've just been a regular Pokemon, even more fitting as a baby Pokemon. Manaphy doesn't really fit in as a legendary either, and I don't see why either of them are even considered one. Neither of them have the design, strength, background or whatever to really make them seem like legendaries, yet they're still considered to be so. Perhaps it's because the only way to get them is by getting Manaphy through an event, and then breeding it to get a Phione, however that just makes them special cases, not really anything that should really link them to legendaries.

So, if I were to remove one legendary from the Pokedex, I'd say Manaphy, since I guess that'd remove Phione as well, and I just think both of those are the least fitting legendaries.
Old March 27th, 2013 (12:53 AM).
Vegetunks937
The Superior Fusion

Nature: Hardy
Username: Vegetunks937
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners:
Mewtwo and Yveltal
Answer a Topic: I would take out Kyogre as i don't like it's design.

Legendary Trio Challenge
Old April 13th, 2013 (11:31 AM).
TwilightBlade
Protect his very soul.

@Tabor: Welcome to the club! I think the concept behind Phione was rather trollish on Gamefreak's part. They already made Manaphy an event-exclusive Pokemon - and I sure wasn't going to buy Pokemon Ranger - but after obtaining one, you have the option of breeding and producing weaker... squishy... things. ;___; Talk about adding salt to our wounds. I'd much rather Phione not exist at all, yeah!

@ɯɐǝq ɹǝpʎɥ: Heatran is kinda cute, but yeah, its design is quite uninspiring. We already had tons of volcano dwelling legendary Pokemon, too. Let's not forget that Heatran can climb on walls... That freaked me out the most when watching the Arceus movie!

@Ozzy: Remind me to gut you and hang you in an alternate dimension for not loving Giratina. ;_; He just reeks of brute strength and of deathly... things. :D Yay being dragon and ghost!

@Synerjee: Lati twins have genders, but their genders are justified. Even Meloetta walks away genderless when she's gotta be clearly female... Why does Heatran have a gender? Why Cresselia, but not Darkrai? Why do the genies have genders, too? XD I think the only legendary Pokemon that should have genders are the Lati twins, given their origin.

@Olli97: I'm not against seeing Manaphy disappear or is that because it's the only Gen IV event I never obtained?! because we already have Shaymin as Sinnoh's tiny, cutesy, 100-base stat legendary.

@Vegetunks937: Welcome! I searched around to find a fan-sprite of Yveltal for you. :P Why don't you like Kyogre's design? It just wants to get you a big hug... Hmm... New topic time!

What would you change about any existing legendary Pokemon?

Old April 13th, 2013 (08:21 PM).
Axeliira
Buoysel is best 🍐

Nature: Brave
hi imma join k <3

Username: Meganium90
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Articuno & Meloetta

What would you change about any existing legendary Pokemon?
The fact that they made Ho-Oh another Fire-Flying type when it should have been a different type. At first I thought it would be a dark-type, to make it Lugia's counterpart, but it would probably not make any sense whatsoever. xD

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links