The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 1st, 2013, 05:23 AM
Forever
let it go

Basically as the title says. While the past thread was based upon the Pokedex size - I don't really care about that. I care more about what you want to see IN the regional Pokedex and why?? How likely do you think it will be that they'll appear?

So basically what Pokemon from past generations would you like to appear in this region and why :3
Old March 1st, 2013, 05:46 AM
Lunar Crescent
I choose you pikachu!

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lunar Crescent
I want generation II Pokemon to return, they were the best in my opinion and i loved them, and i still do!
Old March 1st, 2013, 10:59 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Hopefully we have Pre-League Trapinch's again, Flygon has always been a main for my story and post-league team since gen 3. Couldn't care about anything other then it, perhaps maybe Mareep as well.
Old March 1st, 2013, 02:34 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Well there's a few pokemon I always like to see when possible, Numel/Camerupt, Budew/Roselia/Roserade, Gulpin/Swalot, Mawile, Seviper, Tropius, Mareep/Flaffy/Ampharos.

but to be honest I would rather the old pokemon that return include more pokemon that haven't been the first picks in the past...some more obscure pokemon.
Old March 1st, 2013, 02:37 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
The Hoenn Pokemon. Seriously, they introduced some of the best Pokemon to date, I can't think of a single Pokemon from that region I dislike.

Old March 1st, 2013, 02:50 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
The Hoenn Pokemon. Seriously, they introduced some of the best Pokemon to date, I can't think of a single Pokemon from that region I dislike.
Word! Couple some of them wit evolutions and the Pokedex is going to rock so much.
Old March 1st, 2013, 03:01 PM
SaniOKh
The Cynical Completionist

Nature: Lonely
I know this is out of question now, since there's a new Eeveelution, and we saw what we saw in the trailer, but... my answer would be "none of them".

A major part of what I loved about B1/W1 was the fact that all Pokémon we encountered before the National Dex were brand new. During the main campaign, I really felt like I was playing Pokémon for the first time again. I really hoped they would do the same for Gen 6.
Old March 1st, 2013, 03:17 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
A mix between more of the Pokémon from Hoenn and Sinnoh. However, as Sabrewulf mentioned, I hope they're a bit more obscure rather than what we'd normally expect or want to see show up. And if they're going to be underused Pokémon, then I pray they come with new evolutions so they're not left to be ignored again.

From what we've seen so far ─ Hariyama, Psyduck, Kirlia, Dratini, Litwick and a few others ─ I think they're selecting a pretty good variety of old Pokémon to show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaniOKh View Post
I know this is out of question now, since there's a new Eeveelution, and we saw what we saw in the trailer, but... my answer would be "none of them".

A major part of what I loved about B1/W1 was the fact that all Pokémon we encountered before the National Dex were brand new. During the main campaign, I really felt like I was playing Pokémon for the first time again. I really hoped they would do the same for Gen 6.
Funny enough, that's one of the bigger things I disliked the most about Black and White and was glad when they changed it in B2W2.
Old March 1st, 2013, 03:21 PM
Jak
baby smod

Nature: Timid
As long as Petilil is in XY, I will be a happy Syd. n__n

i'm gonna fly like a bird from the night
Old March 1st, 2013, 03:26 PM
Arlo

None of them.

Seriously. I think that the complete absence of past pokemon from Black and White was one of the best features of the games, and I'd like to see that again. Another entirely new region full of entirely new pokemon.
Old March 1st, 2013, 03:59 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
From what we've seen so far ─ Hariyama, Psyduck, Kirlia, Dratini, Litwick and a few others ─ I think they're selecting a pretty good variety of old Pokémon to show up.
We still don't know if those are in the game or if they were just for show.

I would say Tympole, Plapitoad, Seismitoad, Golett, Golurk, and Eevee are all in the game due to the statue from the preview, though that also isn't guaranteed as we had Pikachu Statues in Nimbasa.
Old March 1st, 2013, 04:00 PM
MarinoKadame

Only those who will get new evolutions in this generation.
Friend Safari: Water
Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
TSV: 2844
Friend list full but still open to trades.
Old March 1st, 2013, 04:08 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I want to see Shinx, Poochyena, Smoothum, Elekid, Magby, Pichu, Trapinch, Absol, Tropius, Chimecho, Numel, Torcoal, Sablye, Mawhile, Castform,Pawniard, Sygiliph, Reniculus, Beldum, Shoomish, Yanma, Aipom...okay I better stop there...

Basically I want to see a bunch of my favorites from gen 1-5.

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old March 1st, 2013, 04:59 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
I want my precious Alakazam back into the fray, but the Ralts line is already confirmed to reappear will once again outclass it, which I don't like to see that happening.
Old March 1st, 2013, 06:03 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
As long as I get to have my Gen III Pokemon back, I'll be happy. XD; They've been so left out and left behind in the poor old Hoenn region all alone, never to be brought back in another region. ;__;
Old March 1st, 2013, 06:12 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

I hope they include my fave Fighting-type line, the Riolu evolution line. Lucario is popular and a very strong attacker. I want a nice mix of 5th Gen Pokemon in there, but have at least a few lines from all past generations.

I'm also hoping for Aipom/Ambipom to make it back in there cos I love monkey-based Pokemon, and given my Chinese Zodiac sign it's fitting I want a monkey in there, otherwise I'd like to see the Pansage/sear/pour lines back too.

I know Eevee and all its other Eeveelutions are probably confirmed due to Sylveon, and maybe even the Pikachu family to a lesser extent since the trailer saw the player encountering a wild Pikachu.

Paired with Kouzan, Isaac and Heartouch
Battle Server | Tumblr | Profile | Supporter

Old March 1st, 2013, 06:13 PM
Student D1
De-Wott?

Location: It's where the sun rises, but it's smaller than Japan.
Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to Student D1
I'd like the Pokémon from Generation III to make a comeback for the upcoming Generation VI. There are many great Pokémon introduced in the Hoenn region, including the legendary ones, and it would be nice if we were to catch them once again in various routes.

I'd also like to see some of the Generation IV Pokémon return in X and Y.

Profile | PM | Intro Thread | PokéSpe | White 2 FC
Old March 1st, 2013, 06:14 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
As long as I get to have my Gen III Pokemon back, I'll be happy. XD; They've been so left out and left behind in the poor old Hoenn region all alone, never to be brought back in another region. ;__;
Play Black 2, half of the older Pokemon in the regiona dex literally have to be Hoenn Pokemon.
http://pokejungle.net/pokemon-black-...2/bw2-pokedex/
Old March 1st, 2013, 06:57 PM
Kouzan
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Kouzan
I really hope alot of Gen II and III Pokemon make a return. Gen III is my favorite generation cause Hoenn is just beautiful. I know there's rumors of Sableye getting an evolution and even though I know it's not true, it makes me hopeful there's gonna be alot of Hoenn Pokemon getting evolutions and making returns to the region's Pokedex. And a Sableye evolution is something I've been wanting for a while. Some Gen IV and V Pokemon would be cool. Hopefully Audino so I can hack and slash them again for EXP again.

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]
Old March 1st, 2013, 07:49 PM
Archeops12354
Smoochum

I know this topic has been done to death and I know you've all heard it, but I'll write it anyway. I really want Gyarados to return, and If it does - change it to a FREAKING water/dragon type like it is supposed to be!
Personally, I have always HATED the water/flying type. Adding flying properties to water types sure did give them an immunity to ground and neutrality to grass, except now it has a 4x weakness to electricity and is now weak against the most annoying attack in the metagame - stealth rock. You know what? I wouldn't find Gyarados' typing that bad if IT ACTUALLY LEARNT ANY FREAKING FLYING MOVES! Giving Gyarados a STAB boost for moves that it doesn't even have is one thing I hated.

The thing I hated most about Gyarados' typing is that in gen 1 it was originally going to be a water/dragon. But since this typing makes it only weak to dragon, and the only offensive dragon move was dragon rage and twister (I think), GameFreak decided to change it's typing so it wasn't overpowered.
But in the later gens they added more powerful dragon moves (such as dragon pulse an outrage), but GameFreak still left Gyarados as a water/flying. WHY!!!!!!!!

With all honesty, I would even prefer Gyarados to be a mono - water type, if of course it doesn't become a water/dragon in gen 6.

Gen 6.
Old March 1st, 2013, 07:55 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
We still don't know if those are in the game or if they were just for show.

I would say Tympole, Plapitoad, Seismitoad, Golett, Golurk, and Eevee are all in the game due to the statue from the preview, though that also isn't guaranteed as we had Pikachu Statues in Nimbasa.
If they were just for show, I have to say they selected a pretty nice group of Pokémon of which I wouldn't mind seeing available early in the games. Although, why not just stick to Pokémon more basic and popular amongst the fan base such as Pikachu (which they showed) or Lucario rather than select such an obscure group of Pokémon?

Given the reveal of Sylveon, I would say it's practically guaranteed that at least a number of Pokémon from previous generations are going to show up, some of which may even have new stages of evolution. So while we're still waiting for confirmation on the Pokémon they've shown, I'm kind of leaning more towards them being included rather than being used as substitutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archeops12354 View Post
I know this topic has been done to death and I know you've all heard it, but I'll write it anyway. I really want Gyarados to return, and If it does - change it to a FREAKING water/dragon type like it is supposed to be!
Personally, I have always HATED the water/flying type. Adding flying properties to water types sure did give them an immunity to ground and neutrality to grass, except now it has a 4x weakness to electricity and is now weak against the most annoying attack in the metagame - stealth rock. You know what? I wouldn't find Gyarados' typing that bad if IT ACTUALLY LEARNT ANY FREAKING FLYING MOVES! Giving Gyarados a STAB boost for moves that it doesn't even have is one thing I hated.

The thing I hated most about Gyarados' typing is that in gen 1 it was originally going to be a water/dragon. But since this typing makes it only weak to dragon, and the only offensive dragon move was dragon rage and twister (I think), GameFreak decided to change it's typing so it wasn't overpowered.
But in the later gens they added more powerful dragon moves (such as dragon pulse an outrage), but GameFreak still left Gyarados as a water/flying. WHY!!!!!!!!

With all honesty, I would even prefer Gyarados to be a mono - water type, if of course it doesn't become a water/dragon in gen 6.
There's a chance, should the Pokémon shown in the trailer be included in X and Y, that Magikarp may be available and there Gyarados as well. However, let's keep the topic on which Pokémon we want to see return. Discussing change of type and going into such depth is a different topic all on its own.

Last edited by Guy; March 1st, 2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old March 1st, 2013, 08:51 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Preferably as few from Hoenn as possible, maybe Ralts (which will get turned into a Gallade instead of Gardevoir), or stuff like Shroomish which is actually useful unlike 90% of the Hoenn Dex.

Actually, I have a perverse wish for lots of Hoenn Pokémon, since then there's a guarantee no remakes will be made! :D

More seriously, I think a bigger focus on 6th gen Pokémon would be better, so I could get to know them. If not that, then some Johto and Sinnoh Pokémon along with a few Unova ones, preferably the ones who get new evos. Houndour and Murkrow would be cool.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old March 1st, 2013, 09:15 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I'd love to see a decent mix from Gens 1, 2, and 3, maybe a little of 4, and a minimal of 5. I get that Unova was the reboot so there will more than likely be a multitude of Pokémon from there in the new region, but I'd prefer some lines from the first 3 gens (specifically the Nidorans, Houndour, and Cacnea/Swablu/Trapinch.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 02:48 AM
ShadowMirror
Ready for the Battle

i want Aipom/Ambipom, Deerling/Sawsbuck, Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss, Eevee/Eeveelutions, Celebi,

and i know this will never happen but i want my CHIMCHAR!!!!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 05:28 AM
Patrick
Winter Love
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
I honestly wouldn't care if it consisted of 80-90% newbies, and in fact, I prefer that over unnecessary evolutions or preevolutions of past Pokemon. If you aren't going to make new creatures, then just make a new game entirely based off the old ones (that way, maybe the majority of the game's focus can be spent elsewhere).

The only condition for me is Nidoran, which I've already told several of my iRL friends (didn't think they'd all be interested in this). I'm just not buying this game if there's no Nidoran. I'm not really in X/Y's targeted demographic anyway, so it's not like they'd be gaining or losing profit from me.

Considering that Nidoran are one of the least popular Pokemon in Japan, you know, where it counts, I'm already assuming I'm passing this game up.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links