The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 28th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Forever
let it go

Advertise here
Now many of us know that Unova was related to generation one in that it was a brand new start, and the Pokemon were reflected to be like Kanto's in a way, as well as a few other things people have picked up on. Many suspect that these games will be like Johto in that it will include previous generation, have Pokemon similar to Generation and generally an atmosphere similar to Generation 2's in themes/overall legendaries and so on. This is more than just Pokemon and just the region, it's just the general atmosphere. Because really, you just have a thing where you know if something is generation 3 (more than just graphics), or generation 5 - you can just identify that it actually HAS that feeling. Do you think these games will have an atmosphere similar to Generation 2 like thought? Or if you could have a choice - is there a Generation in particular you think these games should relate more to? Do you think by now, the 6th generation, it's still possible to still be "unique" feel to the games, and something which doesn't immediately make you think - "oh this reminds me of ______"? Share your thoughts!!
Old February 28th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Sean
I live where the sky ends
Community Supporter

Sylveon definitely doesn't remind me of ANY the generations. It's very... futuristic. So I've no idea. The starters also give me absolutely no idea whatsoever.

Just hopefully they don't troll us with another "luvdisc" moment where we all thought a was her evolution when it was a completely separate pokemon... no originality at all
Old February 28th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Yamiidenryuu

I don't think gen 6 will be a pseudo-sequel to BW the way GS was to RB- we have B2W2 for that, after all. There's also the fact that it seems to be based on part of Europe rather than the US, which makes it unlikely to be connected to Unova. It'll probably be like GS in terms of Pokemon introduced- a smaller amount and more evos/pre-evos of existing species- to balance the large generation of completely new lines we got in BW, though.

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Old February 28th, 2013, 06:21 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I honestly hope it's as original as generation 2 (I would say 3 but that implies little evolutions of past mons), have Pokémon that are evolutionary related and not copies of past Pokémon like Unova's.
Old February 28th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Krazzikk

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamiidenryuu View Post
There's also the fact that it seems to be based on part of Europe rather than the US, which makes it unlikely to be connected to Unova.
Yes, in the trailer they showed the Eiffel tower in the background.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 1st, 2013, 03:00 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
There's bound to be some new Pokémon that are going to have fans saying, "Oh! ____ looks like copycat of ____." Or "Haha! ____ is like a fusion between ____ and ____." It's almost its own running gag every time a new generation of Pokémon are introduced. Six generations in, it's certainly not impossible for X and Y to be unique or original in its own way. So far it seems to be heading that way with Yveltal and Xerneas breaking the consistent theme of matching legendaries we've had for the past couple of generations and by any luck Fennekin may finally break the cycle of Fire/Fighting starter types.

Overall, I just wish for a region and a group of Pokémon that are refreshing and of its own kind with a mix of new pre-evolutions / evolutions to older Pokémon and hidden references to past games. While there are going to be some Pokémon who share the same animal-based species as the old, I really hope GameFreak takes the chance and utilizes some other animals they have yet to use. I feel like this will certainly help make X and Y feel more unique than if they were to rehash most of what they've already done in the past.
Old March 1st, 2013, 08:56 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Well, yeah, people might tie in one new pokemon with another, which was almost a given starting from Gen II or so, but eh... they really shouldn't, tbh. I mean, take a look at the "pikachu similarities". I feel like GameFreak wanted to ride the Pikachu wave and they decided to put in more Pokemon that are similar to Pikachu - being electric and cute - but it doesn't tend to work out very well. There's Emolga, Marill, and Pachirisu, for example. Most of their designs tend to be unique, though I suppose their downside is that they don't even evolve with the exception of Marill. Almost all designs are unique in their own way, and the resemblances shouldn't be an issue. So, you know, I'd like to see new uniqueness brought to X&Y. Give fans just more fresh air to breathe, you know?

The same goes with this region; it has great potential, and I hope GF will make a brand new refresh adventure for fans; to give them a brand new atmosphere. Like in BW, BW was meant to represent a exploration of american culture, in which they included stuff from all over the states. They included many towns and terrains that would not be found in their corresponding locations in New York and New Jersey. I would be willing to bet that in XY, the map will correspond directly to a region around paris, but they will include different terrain and elements of European culture, to mix things up, and keep things fresh.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie

Last edited by Miss Doronjo; March 1st, 2013 at 09:04 PM.
Old March 1st, 2013, 09:05 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I love Johto, but the last thing I'd want to see Gen 6 do is try to be similar to it. The goal here shouldn't be to try and capture the same themes/Pokémon that a previous generation did, but to try to create a new experience. I mean it's impossible to be completely unique and stuff is probably going to look similar in some aspects (I mean, Luvdisc and Alomomola come to mind), but if it's just going to try and re-hash something for the sake of being the second game in the "reboot", then count me out.
Old March 1st, 2013, 09:33 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Well, I've got this to say: Leave the past behind, live the present, look forward to the future.

The past makes us who are today. We've traveled through five generations of having numerous starters, going through many different kinds of journeys, and experiencing many a hardship (perhaps) when concerning the evil team. We've also caught many different kinds of Pokemon along the way, experienced many different ranges of emotions when concerning the extra features that was added to make our journey that much more fruitful and enjoyable.

With each generation comes the next, and we have to leave the one that we have explored behind. That is how I see things, and why I don't really believe or think that this generation should have any references/relations to any past generations, whether it should be Unova, Sinnoh, Johto, Kanto, and even Hoenn to some certain extent.

Every journey, I feel, you must start anew.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here