The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

View Poll Results: Do you think this was a hint to a upcoming move in X & Y
Ye 7 43.75%
Nae 3 18.75%
Not Sure 6 37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 28th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
As well as some of the moves I've listed earlier I think there should be more powerful physical moves with the added ability to trap the target. In other words moves which are more powerful and has a wider distribution than Clamp and Sand Tomb would be quite useful. Maybe some of the existing moves such as Hammer Arm, Body Slam and Smack Down would appreciate the trapping side effect.
Old February 28th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
How about new weather moves? I'd like to see one day is Darkness as a weather. Yep, the kind you've encountered in caves since Gen. I and (never bothered to) banish with Flash. Maybe a move called Blackout?

Don't know too much about its battle effects, though. Knowing GameFreak, they would probably give it accuracy-reducing effects. This would suck for the metagame, but that isn't very important in the big picture. We'd send it the way of DrizzleSwim, Double Team and Brightpowder. Us banning it wouldn't prevent GameFreak from putting it in their games.

Darkness could just as well be a boon to Ghost- and Dark-Pokémon too/instead. It could boost any single of their stats except for Speed and Accuracy, and I'd be content (NOTE: Not all of them at the same time. I just say that it could work just as well for either raising their evasion, their offensive stats, or their defensive stats).
Most Dark moves have pretty low base power, so perhaps it could work well as an offensive boost, similar to Water moves in Rain and Fire in Sun.

It could even work as a bonus for "sneaky" playstyles. For instance, doubling passive damage or increase the chance of side effects happening. After all, everything gets worse in the dark.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 28th, 2013, 02:29 PM
pokemanmdj
Random Passerby

Nature: Relaxed
Personally wanting some more physical water moves. Maybe some like Flare Blitz, but Water type or something- something that'll help a Pokemon like Feraligatr physically- instead of just Waterfall and Aqua Jet.
Old February 28th, 2013, 08:33 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I agree entirely! There was nothing really in the previous generations just for the starters and something to make them stand out is awesome. Legendaries normally have that but not for all. If there was a choice between legendaries and starters, I'd go with the starters really because I think there's so much potential for awesome moves. Something involving nuts, tails and bubbles I definitely see as possible for them!
Well the Hoenn starters had Blaze Kick, Muddy Water, and Leaf Blade but soon those moves were given to other pokemon I also expected the Unova starters to be the only ones to learn Razor shell, Leaf Tornado, and Flame Charge (it turned out Tepig was the only one who actually got one only it was Heat Crash instead of Flame Charge). Also the Kanto starters had the starter hyperbeams as signature moves until gen IV (the Johto one's had them but that was an event in XD irc).

Hopefully they can give them real ones...ones they don't give to other pokemon.
Old March 1st, 2013, 01:45 AM
Archeops12354
Smoochum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I'll like a Dark version of Giga drain, one that looks sinister and deprives the victim of their hp and gives them to the user. Or maybe even a Dark version of leech seed...maybe something like Deep Darkness (which hurts the pokemon and gives the user the life energy being seeped out). Hope that's not too eerie for a pokemon game...
Hey I thought of the same thing a couple of days go! A dark - type version of giga drain, I thought of naming this move 'Nosferatu'. I think nosferatu is German for vampire, which would make sense for this move because it steals the enemy's hp - much like vampires steal the enemy's blood.
Although the main reference for this move is from the game 'fire emblem', there exists a spell called Nosferatu which, of course, steals the enemy's hp and adds it to your shaman. Besides, just saying Nosferatu makes you feel awesome.

This move would be a great asset to Hydreigon. Many people you fight will spam U-Turn on Hydreigon - lowering it's health, and since this pokemon is a powerful special attacker, it should do some serious damage PLUS heal it's health!

Gen 6.

Last edited by Archeops12354; March 1st, 2013 at 01:54 AM.
Old March 1st, 2013, 03:03 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemanmdj View Post
Personally wanting some more physical water moves. Maybe some like Flare Blitz, but Water type or something- something that'll help a Pokemon like Feraligatr physically- instead of just Waterfall and Aqua Jet.
idk I guess there's Crabhammer? Maybe there's something else like uhh--actually what about a Water-based Punch?
Old March 1st, 2013, 06:19 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
idk I guess there's Crabhammer? Maybe there's something else like uhh--actually what about a Water-based Punch?
It's funny you mention this, because back a long time ago or so, when I was playing FR/LG, I was pretty confused because I was almost certain that a water-based punch existed, but as much as I tried to scratch my head over it, I couldn't figure out what it was called! The obvious would be "Water Punch", but my hitmonchan didn't learn it, so that left me scratching my head for a while, as it seemed like something that was blatantly missing from the elemental punches. @_@;

Though that's a good idea! Waterfall at this point seems like the strongest physical-based water move that a majority of water-types can learn, unlike crabhammer which is unfortunately restricted to a select few. :(

Also, I'd like to raise one question: So we have a base 120 move for the following types: Water, Fire, Electric, Normal(I think?), Fighting, Ice, and I think Grass. I don't know about you all, but I'm personally looking forward to some more base 120 attacks, more specifically for Ghost types since the strongest move currently is Shadow Ball. It would help if there were more variety in Ghost attacks as well, since that's pretty lacking. The same goes for Dark-types as well, I believe the strongest Dark move is tied between Payback and Punishment, so I'd like for that type to get some emphasis on the offensive, too.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 06:47 AM
Forever
let it go

Stronger ghost, yeah, but dark does have a lot as it is already. Night Slash, Sucker Punch, Pursuit...

Then the physical side for ghost only really has Shadow Punch so idk. :x
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:32 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Really looking forward to a move that let's the Pokemon remove it's own ability. Slaking/Regigigas/and Arechops would be pretty scary if they can learn it.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:50 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archeops12354 View Post
Hey I thought of the same thing a couple of days go! A dark - type version of giga drain, I thought of naming this move 'Nosferatu'. I think nosferatu is German for vampire, which would make sense for this move because it steals the enemy's hp - much like vampires steal the enemy's blood.
Although the main reference for this move is from the game 'fire emblem', there exists a spell called Nosferatu which, of course, steals the enemy's hp and adds it to your shaman. Besides, just saying Nosferatu makes you feel awesome.

This move would be a great asset to Hydreigon. Many people you fight will spam U-Turn on Hydreigon - lowering it's health, and since this pokemon is a powerful special attacker, it should do some serious damage PLUS heal it's health!
Actually that's what inspired me to think of it :3

A move to remove one's own ability...yikes Slacking and Regigigas will become OU if not Uber (ironically they share the same type and the same total base stat). I want this to happen!
Old March 3rd, 2013, 12:47 PM
The_Consumer

More strong Ghost type moves and physical Water type moves. Maybe more Bug type moves too.

Heck, loads more moves of every kind
Old March 3rd, 2013, 01:40 PM
Chaos Fork
So I heard you liek Mudkipz

Nature: Calm
Or more fighting special moves? Instead of just Aura Sphere and Vacuum Wave? Either that or a signature move for Rayquaza. Cmon, his ability doesn't do much and he needs some way to show off his raw power. Maybe make it flying type and physical

My NEW black 2 FC: 0347-8844-0065
Old March 3rd, 2013, 04:57 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Stronger ghost, yeah, but dark does have a lot as it is already. Night Slash, Sucker Punch, Pursuit...

Then the physical side for ghost only really has Shadow Punch so idk. :x
Ghosts have Shadow Claw as well, but that's about it =/ All they really have for viable attacks is Shadow Punch, Claw, and Ball. Hex is kind of wonky at best, so I'd love to see more ghost moves.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 08:24 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Fork View Post
Or more fighting special moves? Instead of just Aura Sphere and Vacuum Wave? Either that or a signature move for Rayquaza. Cmon, his ability doesn't do much and he needs some way to show off his raw power. Maybe make it flying type and physical
Yeah more special fighting moves would be gr8. Or at least expand Aura Sphere to other Pokemon so they didn't have to rely on Focus Blast so often ;(
Old March 3rd, 2013, 08:53 PM
Aslan
the pretender

I agree with expanding Aura Sphere to a wider range of Pokemon. Focus Blast is a bit of a gamble, also I'd like to see moves similar to Aura Sphere but for different types with risky moves. Perhaps, Electric, Fire and Ice-type Pokemon could also learn something similar instead of relying on Thunders, Blizzards and Fireblasts although most people just use Ice Beam, Thunderbolt etc., so I'm not too sure if that'd be a good idea. :x
Old March 14th, 2013, 03:35 AM
Forever
let it go

How 'bout more recovery moves? Like Slack Off, Recovery, Moonlight, etc, I feel like there totally could be a lot more than what we already have given they're given to only limited Pokemon.
Old March 15th, 2013, 01:18 AM
Archeops12354
Smoochum

Quote:
How 'bout more recovery moves? Like Slack Off, Recovery, Moonlight, etc, I feel like there totally could be a lot more than what we already have given they're given to only limited Pokemon.
Hooray I'm back on the forum! I haven't really visited as of lately because of other plans in my life.
*Ahem* Anyway, I like the idea of a recovery move that works in a sandstorm, it shall be named:

'Earth Recovery'.
Hey, it was the only name I could think of, don't judge me! Earth Recovery is a similar version of the move moonlight, it heals 3/4 of the user's HP in a sandstorm, 1/2 HP in normal weather, and 1/4 when it is raining or hailing. This move would probably bring Tyranitar up into the Uber leagues though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
Really looking forward to a move that let's the Pokemon remove it's own ability. Slaking/Regigigas/and Arechops would be pretty scary if they can learn it.
I think a move that would permanently suppress a Pokemon' ability would be too extreme, what if you wanted that ability back (not that anyone wants truant, slow start or defeatist, but still)? I think it would make more sense if there was a held item that would disable the user' ability while it is holding it, and the ability would activate again if the item was taken off.
This would make sure that Slaking wouldn't be too overpowered, because the held item that suppresses its ability would prevent it from holding a choice band or sumfin'.
Archeops is a very powerful pokemon, except the only thing letting it down is its ability, if Archeops holds this item he will be almost unstoppable. Imagine how powerful Archeops would be if it used head smash without the defeatist ability!
Even better, what if there was a person in-game that could swap 2 of your Pokemon's ability - for a high price, of course. Swap abilitys so that Archeops has the ability Rock Head, he he heee .

Gen 6.

Last edited by Archeops12354; March 15th, 2013 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 15th, 2013, 03:40 AM
Forever
let it go

A recovery move in sandstorm does sound really awesome, yeah, although the bulkier ones like Hippowdon have Slack Off already, so idk how much it could benefit Pokemon as it is. :(
Old March 15th, 2013, 03:51 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
Do you think the'll focus on expanding Triple/Rotational battles ? I have a feeling that a large portion of the new moves will have to do with Triple battles. Also, maybe a little development of pledge moves ?
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:26 AM
Forever
let it go

Probably, ya. I think triples are something they'll want to hold onto, so maybe expand doubles and triples at the same time (since some doubles moves work in triples anyways).
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:37 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujahid View Post
Do you think the'll focus on expanding Triple/Rotational battles ?
I sure hope they do! I really enjoyed these battles, both rotation and triple. They made me rethink my whole strategy when it comes to battling and were very entertaining and challenging. I'd love if there would be more triple trainer battles, and if they included some new moves that had a greater impact on these battles.

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 15th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Honestly I really hope they don't create more moves for Triple/Rotational battles, especially when they clogged up the TM list last generation. I mean they're barely used in the games anyways, so what's the point really? I'd rather see moves that would be useful in one on one battles (which is what most of the games will be) instead of focusing on something they barely even use.
Old March 15th, 2013, 10:44 AM
.Aero
Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I'm all for the idea of more moves that have alternate functions in trips. However, I feel like if they're only useful in them, then that's a problem. We were given one of the best physical flying moves in the game last generation, Acrobatics, which was designed to be a trips move. However, it has a ton of merit in single battles thanks to its other side effect that doubles its base power if you're not holding an item. Fling Gliscor? Yes Please. Well...mid BW anyway.

If they decide to make moves that exclusively cater to trips though, I won't be happy. Very few people even like them enough. I feel like Triple Battles remove any sensibility one has when battling and makes them make rash decisions because they realize they have to get through commands for three pokemon. It's just a cluster..butt.

Anyway, in terms of a Sandstorm recovery move, I can see a Rock-type move that works like a reverse-erosion type thing. I don't know what it would be called though. It should be a rather exclusive move though. Pokemon like Hippowdon already have recovery moves and if they had one that is more than 50% in Sandstorm, that would make stall teams ridiculously strong.
Old March 15th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
You are right, of course i want to see more moves that focus on 1vs1 battles, I'm just saying it would be nice to see a few moves that would make an impact on triple battles. And if these had more protagonism during the game, why not?

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 23rd, 2013, 10:04 PM
Archeops12354
Smoochum

I was thinking of a dragon type move called Dragon Chant, it is like a special version of dragon dance - increases special attack and speed by one stage. Hydreigon and Latios would pwn if they could learn this move, dragon chant + draco meteor = You're screwed.

Gen 6.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links