The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 27th, 2013 (08:02 AM).
QuartierGenerale

No no i replace the text, not adding it...but my problem actually is changed because i've decided to carry out another way for safari.

Quote:
if i use removeitems indicating a number > of the owned, what happen? If is a problem, is there a way to store in a variable the excact number of a kind of item ?
Thanks a lot for your helps!
Old February 27th, 2013 (08:15 AM).
FBI agent
Imagine something beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuartierGenerale View Post
No no i replace the text, not adding it...but my problem actually is changed because i've decided to carry out another way for safari.

Thanks a lot for your helps!
OK. With regards to this:
Quote:
if i use removeitems indicating a number > of the owned, what happen? If is a problem, is there a way to store in a variable the excact number of a kind of item ?
You should not do that first of all, you should do checkitemamount 0x[Item] 0x[number]. Then adjust your delete to be this number.

My name forum name is FBI Agent, though a lot of kids call me FBI because they're lazy. I run an ASM request/resource thread feel free to request me any cool ideas you have!

My current projects:
- Nothing right now. Gief request
Old February 27th, 2013 (12:45 PM).
QuartierGenerale

In pksv i do not have checkitemamount...i've checkitem or checkitemspaceinbag.

But if i'm not wrong, checkitem want to say before the number you wanna check, while that number is my variable
Old February 27th, 2013 (01:02 PM). Edited February 27th, 2013 by FBI agent.
FBI agent

Quote:
In pksv i do not have checkitemamount...i've checkitem or checkitemspaceinbag.

But if i'm not wrong, checkitem want to say before the number you wanna check, while that number is my variable
Ahh, OK. I didn't know you were using PKSV. In that case it's checkitemspaceinbag 0x[item] 0x[number]

My name forum name is FBI Agent, though a lot of kids call me FBI because they're lazy. I run an ASM request/resource thread feel free to request me any cool ideas you have!

My current projects:
Old February 27th, 2013 (01:38 PM). Edited February 27th, 2013 by Mr. Whiscash.
Mr. Whiscash
Unegged Hatch

Nature: Sassy
I'm looking for where the alternate forme sprites are located in the Platinum Version rom. I want to be able to edit them but at the moment I have no way of accessing the proper sprites for Burmy, Wormadam, Unown and Giratina.
FYI, I'm using Tinke to extract the files.
Old February 27th, 2013 (02:00 PM).
QuartierGenerale

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
Ahh, OK. I didn't know you were using PKSV. In that case it's checkitemspaceinbag 0x[item] 0x[number]
but according to this i need to known the [number], while that number is my variable.
Old February 27th, 2013 (02:13 PM).
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

how do I enable running on my maps? it seems every map i make I cant run in...

I assumed its a simple thing like change the header from "indoors" to "route" but that does not do anything...
labeling my routes route and my towns town... does nothing to enable running... grrr
Old February 27th, 2013 (02:21 PM).
FBI agent

Quote:
but according to this i need to known the [number], while that number is my variable.
I'll give you an example:

checkitemspaceinbag POTION 0x5
That basically checks if you have room in your bag for 5 potions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
how do I enable running on my maps? it seems every map i make I cant run in...

I assumed its a simple thing like change the header from "indoors" to "route" but that does not do anything...
labeling my routes route and my towns town... does nothing to enable running... grrr
Make sure the map isn't being treated as an indoor map. If it's not, then I had this problem too. I just applied HackMew's running shoes in buildings tutorial and it worked after that.

My current projects:
Old February 27th, 2013 (03:53 PM).
HyperXhydra

You know the vs banner before the elite four battle in RSE, is there a way to make it appear
for another trainer class? for the Gym leaders for example.
Old February 27th, 2013 (04:11 PM).
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
I'll give you an example:

checkitemspaceinbag POTION 0x5
That basically checks if you have room in your bag for 5 potions.

Make sure the map isn't being treated as an indoor map. If it's not, then I had this problem too. I just applied HackMew's running shoes in buildings tutorial and it worked after that.
I did just make running everywhere possible... but I was hoping to fix it right

oh well...
Old February 27th, 2013 (04:52 PM).
iDowngrade
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
This is all we know for now. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=291605 Try finding some on your own by taking a completed save file and checking flags.

It is in one of the top menus.

No way in YAPE, but it can be done in PGE. I answered this question in far more detail just a week or two ago, most likely for someone else. Look back through the last ten or so pages or use the handy-dandy search bar.:D
Yeah i figured out later on, thanks anyways tho.
BTW if you have ever played maplestory, im making a pokemon (MAPLéMON) hack, where pokemons are colored maplestory characters and maplestory mobs, if you know what maplestory is; What do you think of the hack, do you think it is a good idea?
Old February 27th, 2013 (05:10 PM).
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperXhydra View Post
You know the vs banner before the elite four battle in RSE, is there a way to make it appear
for another trainer class? for the Gym leaders for example.
Well.... Yeah... But it is specific to each elite four. Meaning that the banner displayed will contain the sprite for the elite four member you stole it from. It is cinnected to trainer class I believe. You can do it in firered though. Search for pre-battle mug shots by Jambo51.

Paired with Simba
Old February 27th, 2013 (11:46 PM).
ISNorden
Teddiursa

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to ISNorden
This question may sound strange, but...How do you re-hack ingame text that someone else has already changed? I found a great hack of HeartGold online recently, and love the game-play changes--but hate the off-color dialogue the hacker added. Is there a Gen IV editor available that would let me clean up the language, please? I'd appreciate any help you could give.

" Coming this fall to Jubilife TV: Lost Beyond Space!"
Old March 1st, 2013 (11:50 AM).
FBI agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISNorden View Post
This question may sound strange, but...How do you re-hack ingame text that someone else has already changed? I found a great hack of HeartGold online recently, and love the game-play changes--but hate the off-color dialogue the hacker added. Is there a Gen IV editor available that would let me clean up the language, please? I'd appreciate any help you could give.
I don't know if there is a tool to do if faster (likely there is), but otherwise you can just open it up in a hex editor and edit the strings. Though it's tedious and annoying, it's a solid way to go :P

My current projects:
Old March 1st, 2013 (05:48 PM).
ShyRayq
Unprofessional Unprofessional

Nature: Adamant
Okay, I'm not sure if this is a simple question but..
I've looked at the TM data, and I cannot for the life of me understand what the hell it is about. If someone could please tell me, it would be gatly appreciated.
Live Pokedex (Y) Completed as of 02/03/14 (718), 10/11/14 (719)
Live Pokedex (OR) Completed as of 25/12/14 (719)
Big thanks especially to DestinedJagold, Xerneas_X, Elements1 and ~RNC~

PM me if you want to trade, or add my FC.
Old March 1st, 2013 (06:04 PM).
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
Okay, I'm not sure if this is a simple question but..
I've looked at the TM data, and I cannot for the life of me understand what the hell it is about. If someone could please tell me, it would be gatly appreciated.
Can you be a little more specific? Are you looking into how they are are stored in the bag? Or the routine they run? Or which move they teach?

For the last, there are several tools to do it with, so the hex data isn't needed as much.

Paired with Simba
Old March 1st, 2013 (07:46 PM). Edited March 1st, 2013 by ShyRayq.
ShyRayq
Unprofessional Unprofessional

Nature: Adamant
EDIT EDIT:
Don't worry I figured it out
Live Pokedex (Y) Completed as of 02/03/14 (718), 10/11/14 (719)
Live Pokedex (OR) Completed as of 25/12/14 (719)
Big thanks especially to DestinedJagold, Xerneas_X, Elements1 and ~RNC~

PM me if you want to trade, or add my FC.
Old March 2nd, 2013 (07:49 AM).
rudi_skacel
Unhatched Egg

Hey. I've been away for some time and i'm a bit rusty. I like to tweek the game for personal enjoyment and i was trying to change ghost moves to make them special type (on fr) and dark moves to make them physical. I tried using the attack editor that comes with the GBA pokemon game editor set and for some reason it says all the moves a physical type which seems strange. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old March 2nd, 2013 (09:12 AM).
.parado✗
paranormal user

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to .parado✗
As far as I know, there wasn't a real differece between physical moves and special moves but I heard of a patch, that includes a ASM routine, which differs the attacks..

Still have fun at romhacking, dude

www.board.romresources.net

I'm registered under the name: "Laz0r" there.
Old March 2nd, 2013 (09:15 AM).
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by .parado✗ View Post
As far as I know, there wasn't a real differece between physical moves and special moves but I heard of a patch, that includes a ASM routine, which differs the attacks..

Still have fun at romhacking, dude
The main difference that I know of between them is when it comes to abilities such as Static which, when a physical move is used on that pokemon, can cause the other pokemon to be paralyzed. Not completely sure, but I'm pretty sure that abilities like those are the main reason for physical/special moves.

Paired with Simba
Old March 2nd, 2013 (10:16 AM).
rudi_skacel
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
The main difference that I know of between them is when it comes to abilities such as Static which, when a physical move is used on that pokemon, can cause the other pokemon to be paralyzed. Not completely sure, but I'm pretty sure that abilities like those are the main reason for physical/special moves.
the main reason why i wanted to adjust them was because then dark would be even more effective against psychic (most psychic types have poor physical defense) and because i gengar (who i love) more effective by transferring its attack evs to its special attack evs.
Old March 2nd, 2013 (10:46 AM).
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi_skacel View Post
the main reason why i wanted to adjust them was because then dark would be even more effective against psychic (most psychic types have poor physical defense) and because i gengar (who i love) more effective by transferring its attack evs to its special attack evs.
Then yes, you should probably do as .paradox stated and find the physical/special split patch and then apply it. From there you should be able to edit the effects as you please. I know in the origional Advance gen games, the physical/special attacks were actually based on type. So like all fighting moves physical and such. This may be what you are encountering.

Paired with Simba
Old March 2nd, 2013 (01:00 PM).
kj3400
Wants a Magneton for a Charger

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to kj3400
Ok. I'm wondering is it possible to have like some sort of train line running through my region like in G/S/C/HG/SS? But with more than two stations?
Old March 2nd, 2013 (01:22 PM).
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj3400 View Post
Ok. I'm wondering is it possible to have like some sort of train line running through my region like in G/S/C/HG/SS? But with more than two stations?
Anything is possible, it is just a question of how. The easiest way I could see is creating a train ow and when you board the train in the building, warping outside (keeping your player hidden) and moving the train and the player exactly the same. Then fade out, warp to the next train station, fade in and have the train come to a stop, then warp to inside the train station and show the player getting off.

Paired with Simba
Old March 2nd, 2013 (01:31 PM). Edited March 2nd, 2013 by kj3400.
kj3400
Wants a Magneton for a Charger

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to kj3400
Fascinating. And if I wanted to have a map of the inside of the train I'd just warp to that map? Is there a limit on how big the train OW can be?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links