The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 2nd, 2013, 03:32 AM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle

Nature: Sassy
Girafarig would actually be quite appreciative of an evolution!

Old March 2nd, 2013, 05:19 AM
Patrick
Winter Love

Nature: Sassy
I don't want anymore of either. If Black and White could provide us with all new creatures, then why not continue down that path? If they have to include the old guys, then just include them as is.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old March 2nd, 2013, 06:22 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Nature: Gentle
Qwilfish evo.

...Though questionable on whether or not it's even necessary, though it certainly wouldn't kill anyone. It's really the only Water/Poison Pokemon we have, so yeah, I think it would be beneficial more than anything else. D:
Old March 2nd, 2013, 06:32 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Qwilfish evo.

...Though questionable on whether or not it's even necessary, though it certainly wouldn't kill anyone. It's really the only Water/Poison Pokemon we have, so yeah, I think it would be beneficial more than anything else. D:
Well, redlion fish sort of resemble it, so, I can see an evolution based on that! As for it's viablity, it can perfectly have an Intimidate ability as well as features to utility moves such as Spikes and Toxic Spikes~ It'd certainly be a killer in the rain as well as an overall damage sponge.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 2nd, 2013, 06:40 AM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
As much as I like Gastrodon, I don't see the Sea Slug Pokémon gaining any legs or wings =P Maybe an evolution from a slug something like a serpent or snake, but definitely no wings or legs.
Yeah I'm not sure how a slug could fly unless it got wings as in... floatation wings??

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old March 2nd, 2013, 06:49 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

I don't see Gastrodon having an evolution at all, period. It's just something I legitimately can't see. x_x It's already a frustrating enough slug as it is, sometimes it can be super difficult to defeat, I'd rather not that get any worse than it is now.

That said though, I've been thinking of something like a Manectric evo. Maybe that's going too far? The reason I'm saying this is that, in the metagame where everything is becoming more power/speed oriented(mostly), it's going to be more and more difficult for Pokemon who were once known as good threats in the metagame or keep up. I would love for this guy to have some sort of chance competitively, even if it's not in the higher tiers. If possible, I'd like for Gamefreak to possibly expand on its moveset as well, it seems pretty unnecessary piss poor, though the ability to learn flamethrower is a plus, something you don't see everyday in an electric-type.

Maybe its evolution's type can be Electric/Dark? I mean, I'm unsure about how Dark is as a type offensively, but it just seems like a Dark type to me. Then again, I'm sure that would be adding more weaknesses onto it than necessary...
Old March 2nd, 2013, 06:55 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
This is just really guesswork but do you think this generation will have 8 baby pokemon?

Gen's two and four both introduced 8 baby pokemon each. If this is indicative of a pattern developing then I would expect us to get 8 baby pokemon in Pokemon XY.

Just something to chew on.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 07:00 AM
Forever

I wouldn't really trust patterns at this point. :( But who knows, really? Maybe just a few will be introduced! Hopefully not for really unnecessary ones. :(

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
~ pumpka
Old March 2nd, 2013, 07:01 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

It's definitely possible for them to add new baby Pokemon, but I...don't feel so great about that, personally. Baby Pokemon are good and well and all, but otherwise, other than aesthetics and the fact that they're cute(and could probably be used in Little Cup Competitive?), they don't really matter to me much, but I'd prefer not to have them. I wouldn't complain if it did happen, though. XD
Old March 2nd, 2013, 07:23 AM
Forever

On the plus side they can bring certain Pokemon to light that weren't brought to light before. :3

I'm not sure what can really be brought to life, but there's tons of options in Pokemon so any sort of evolution of any Pokemon is likely! I mean we might even get LEGENDARY PRE-EVOS! Such as Articuno. :3

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.

~ pumpka
Old March 2nd, 2013, 07:30 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
On another note I was just thinking about gimmick pokemon.

I think there are some past gimmick pokemon that could evolve and give up their "gimmick" status now. I mean in a lot of cases gimmick pokemon are only really "cool" in the gen they were introduced and then the next gen of gimmicks arrive and they're not as relevant.

Obviously they are a few like Ditto and Smeargle that won't evolve but I would really love to see pokemon like Delibird, Spinda, Kecleon or Chatot get evolutions.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 07:37 AM
two percentile
Unhatched Egg

I knows that they are making evolutions or the monkeys. They are going to be called: orangasear, orangapour, and orangasage
Old March 2nd, 2013, 07:47 AM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by two percentile View Post
I knows that they are making evolutions or the monkeys. They are going to be called: orangasear, orangapour, and orangasage
How do you know that for sure...? I kind of highly doubt that'll occur, though, because they seemed finished off as it was. :x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
On another note I was just thinking about gimmick pokemon.

I think there are some past gimmick pokemon that could evolve and give up their "gimmick" status now. I mean in a lot of cases gimmick pokemon are only really "cool" in the gen they were introduced and then the next gen of gimmicks arrive and they're not as relevant.

Obviously they are a few like Ditto and Smeargle that won't evolve but I would really love to see pokemon like Delibird, Spinda, Kecleon or Chatot get evolutions.
idm if they evolve but they just kind of lack a purpose now to evolve :(

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.

~ pumpka
Old March 2nd, 2013, 09:00 AM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Calm
And Castform, and Luvdisc (gen 3 had the most gimmick Pokémom...). I see Castform and Kecleon evolving however. Perhaps Kecleon can evolve into a Normal/Dragon and get Multitype (when using Draco Plate it becomes pure Dragon).
Old March 2nd, 2013, 04:25 PM
Pokemaster234
Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Bold
Hi everyone.this post will be of Pokemon who you think may evolve
I think Dunspace needs one.
Please be free to post your Ideas or anything here

Pokemaster's firered nuzloke adventures:http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Fo...pic/8784761/1/
Old March 2nd, 2013, 04:38 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemaster234 View Post
Hi everyone.this post will be of Pokemon who you think may evolve
I think Dunspace needs one.
Please be free to post your Ideas or anything here
Moved your thread into an already pre-existing thread of the same topic.

+1 on a Dunsparce evolution for this generation though!
Old March 2nd, 2013, 04:55 PM
Scarecr0wFixatioN

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecr0wFixatioN
I'm hoping for Dunsparce, Houndoom (It's not needed, but It'd look so cool :<) Sharpedo, Pinsir, Heracross, Tentacruel, and a few more I can't get off the top of my head.

None of these are really necessary, and there's other poke's that definitely need an evo more than these ones, haha.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 05:31 PM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Calm
I'm sad because some people forgot Tentacruel is Water/Poison too...
Anyways a Tentacruel evolution would be awesome to see, a giant jellyfish that looks alien like.

We should make a petition for a Dunspance evolution...maybe if GF hasn't already made one they could add it in before the game's out (and if they don't wish to mess with their dex number, that's if they finished making it already, they can give it the DP dex treatment).
Old March 2nd, 2013, 07:41 PM
Scarecr0wFixatioN

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecr0wFixatioN
Arbok and Seviper evolutions pleeassee. I think that'd be pretty cool.
And make Arbok's evo a posion/dragon. I'd be so happy.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:13 PM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

Nature: Lax
I don't really see either of those happening. Arbok is kind of established how it is, and if they gave Seviper an evolution they'd have to give on to Zangoose as well, since they're a pair. Zangoose is already strong enough as it is, so I'm just not seeing it.

Old March 2nd, 2013, 09:34 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Well hello there, Tropius. I wonder if you'll have an evolution, but it seems like you're pretty much set as it is. It's kind of disappointing though, because you're a Pokemon that clearly has tons of potential, but yet you're fairly easy to defeat. Oh well.

Oh, and you too, Dewgong. Only out of curiosity, and because your stat total absolutely sucks, which is a shame because you're one of my favorite Pokemon and I'd love to use you in battle, and you look like a pretty bulky Pokemon but your stats are just a shame. .__.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:35 PM
Meloetta24
Creator of Red Ruby!

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebigkaik View Post
I WANT TO SEE MORE EEVEELUTIONS!!!
There's new eevelutions. Sylveon

Creator of Pokemon Red Ruby!
I need TEAM!! Editor (Text box,Grass animations) Scripter, Mapper, Storyliner and Tileset editor!!! (Scripter!! i need it most.)
Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:37 PM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Well hello there, Tropius. I wonder if you'll have an evolution, but it seems like you're pretty much set as it is. It's kind of disappointing though, because you're a Pokemon that clearly has tons of potential, but yet you're fairly easy to defeat. Oh well.

Oh, and you too, Dewgong. Only out of curiosity, and because your stat total absolutely sucks, which is a shame because you're one of my favorite Pokemon and I'd love to use you in battle, and you look like a pretty bulky Pokemon but your stats are just a shame. .__.
I'd love a Tropius evolution honestly. I love the concept of it but it'd be hard to make something...more of it I suppose? It's already got a lot going on (aesthetically), but stats wise and movepool I'd love to see it be given an evolution! Dewgong could as well, as the evolution for Seel to Dewgong was honestly pretty minor (other than gaining a horn, it's Ice secondary typing, and gaining a little more size...nothing).

Old March 3rd, 2013, 12:57 PM
legendhunter14
Traveller of Kalos

Nature: Adamant
Tropius also needs a pre-evo. It just HAS to get the Roselia treatment. The pre-evo should be pure Grass and looks like a smaller version of Tropius, but then without wings and the bananas beneath its chin.

It may sound weird, but I hope for an Onix pre-evolution! It just doesn't seem like it can hatch from an egg, it is plain wrong. And its baby version is a pure Rock type and has 3 body parts; First its head is just a boulder. The middle is a smaller booulder with cracks and all and the last part is its tail.

Ground Safari with Phanpy, Nincada and ??? (Please add me so you can find out! 2509-2086-5335
And check out my site; pokeswamp.wordpress.com

Last edited by legendhunter14; May 10th, 2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 05:03 PM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendhunter14 View Post
Tropius also needs a pre-evo. It just HAS to get the Roselia treatment. The pre-evo should be pure Grass and looks like a smaller version of Tropius, but then without wings and the bananas beneath its chin.

It may sound weird, but I hope for an Onix evolution! It just doesn't seem like it can hatch from an egg, it is plain wrong. And its baby version is a pure Rock type and has 3 body parts; First its head is just a boulder. The middle is a smaller booulder with cracks and all and the last part is its tail.
It's a REALLY big egg =P

But that would actually make physiological sense. It does seem weird something like Onix who is a gargantuan Pokémon hatches from an egg. Then again, Snorlax can too (even with Munchlax), so who knows really =P

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links