• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Which past generation Pokemon do you want to return?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Preferably as few from Hoenn as possible, maybe Ralts (which will get turned into a Gallade instead of Gardevoir), or stuff like Shroomish which is actually useful unlike 90% of the Hoenn Dex.

Actually, I have a perverse wish for lots of Hoenn Pokémon, since then there's a guarantee no remakes will be made! :D

More seriously, I think a bigger focus on 6th gen Pokémon would be better, so I could get to know them. If not that, then some Johto and Sinnoh Pokémon along with a few Unova ones, preferably the ones who get new evos. Houndour and Murkrow would be cool.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'd love to see a decent mix from Gens 1, 2, and 3, maybe a little of 4, and a minimal of 5. I get that Unova was the reboot so there will more than likely be a multitude of Pokémon from there in the new region, but I'd prefer some lines from the first 3 gens (specifically the Nidorans, Houndour, and Cacnea/Swablu/Trapinch.

ShadowMirror

Ready for the Battle
Years
i want Aipom/Ambipom, Deerling/Sawsbuck, Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss, Eevee/Eeveelutions, Celebi,

and i know this will never happen but i want my CHIMCHAR!!!!

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I honestly wouldn't care if it consisted of 80-90% newbies, and in fact, I prefer that over unnecessary evolutions or preevolutions of past Pokemon. If you aren't going to make new creatures, then just make a new game entirely based off the old ones (that way, maybe the majority of the game's focus can be spent elsewhere).

The only condition for me is Nidoran, which I've already told several of my iRL friends (didn't think they'd all be interested in this). I'm just not buying this game if there's no Nidoran. I'm not really in X/Y's targeted demographic anyway, so it's not like they'd be gaining or losing profit from me.

Considering that Nidoran are one of the least popular Pokemon in Japan, you know, where it counts, I'm already assuming I'm passing this game up.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I want lots of things from Unova! Volcarona, Herdier, Zekrom... anything amazing from Unova. If there's not much Unova I'll be disappointed ;_; Although I wouldn't mind if there wasn't any, as the other user suggested mainly because Unova's new start was a lot of fun!!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I know this is out of question now, since there's a new Eeveelution, and we saw what we saw in the trailer, but... my answer would be "none of them".

A major part of what I loved about B1/W1 was the fact that all Pokémon we encountered before the National Dex were brand new. During the main campaign, I really felt like I was playing Pokémon for the first time again. I really hoped they would do the same for Gen 6.

I'm more than happy to flip back and forth between the two styles.

Gen 7 can be only brand new pokemon again.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I'd like to see some Hoenn Pokemon make a return if possible! Hoenn had some of the best Pokemon easily and honestly there wasn't one I hated at all! I'd be really disappointed if there are none making a return in this new generation D:. Also I'd just generally like to see a mix from all of the regions, maybe exclude a few like a few common Pokemon, just so the early routes aren't jampacked with them.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I want lots of things from Unova! Volcarona, Herdier, Zekrom... anything amazing from Unova. If there's not much Unova I'll be disappointed ;_; Although I wouldn't mind if there wasn't any, as the other user suggested mainly because Unova's new start was a lot of fun!!

As much as I'd hate to see that, I'm pretty sure that there's probably going to be an abundance of Unova Pokémon since with the whole new start thing, the two regions probably have some sort of connection like Johto and Kanto did sharing a large amount of Pokémon. I doubt anything like Volcarona or Zekrom would carry over though, since legendary status/pseudo-legendaries would probably stay in their own regions (maybe with the exception of pseudo-legends appearing in the post-game).

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
Well both Gen II and III. But, I would love to see Munchlax! The only way to get it in the wild is in DP in honey trees! And they are extremely rare in the honey trees. There was one in the trailer, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up because it being in the trailer really doesn't mean anything.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I want to see Raichu, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Persian, Alakazam, Machamp, Victreebel, Dodrio, Cloyster, Gengar, Exeggutor, Rhydon, Jynx, Crobat, Houndoom, Sableye, Mawile, Cacturne, Flygon, Lunatone, Solrock, Absol, Salamence, Misnagius, Skuntank, Lucario, Drapion, Weavile, Magnezone, Tangrowth, Togekiss, Yanmega, Gliscor, Gallade, Krookodile, Galvantula, Ferrothorn, Chandelure, and Volcarona in the regional Dex of Pokemon X/Y.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
As much as I'd hate to see that, I'm pretty sure that there's probably going to be an abundance of Unova Pokémon since with the whole new start thing, the two regions probably have some sort of connection like Johto and Kanto did sharing a large amount of Pokémon. I doubt anything like Volcarona or Zekrom would carry over though, since legendary status/pseudo-legendaries would probably stay in their own regions (maybe with the exception of pseudo-legends appearing in the post-game).

But Volcarona coming over wouldn't seem too crazy because it's the sun and every region has the sun... shining! Perhaps it was just not discovered in other regions and it's EVERYWHERE, aka here. n_n

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I don't care for one certain Gen, i just hope that ALL will be represented!!
That's what i loved most about B2/W2, having a national pokedex with pokemons from every previous Gen and region. I thought it was a good mix, and it gave you endless team possibilites. It was also a pretty large National Pokedex in my opinion.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
But Volcarona coming over wouldn't seem too crazy because it's the sun and every region has the sun... shining! Perhaps it was just not discovered in other regions and it's EVERYWHERE, aka here. n_n

That's kind of a ridiculously large stretch though. Volcarona had it's own place in the Relic Castle, kind of setting that as a home base in Unova. I doubt they'd carry over a pseudo-legendary like that over to the main Pokédex of the new region. It's entirely possible, but I just sincerely don't expect it to happen.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
As long as my favorites from Unova, or trade them from Unova, I'm happy. Patrat, Purrloin, and Mienfoo, and trade Oshawott in.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
That's kind of a ridiculously large stretch though. Volcarona had it's own place in the Relic Castle, kind of setting that as a home base in Unova. I doubt they'd carry over a pseudo-legendary like that over to the main Pokédex of the new region. It's entirely possible, but I just sincerely don't expect it to happen.

Well it's just that Latios/Latias, and random other legendaries seem to find homes in other regions and something like Volcarona could easily be applicable to multiple games, even more so than legendaries!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Well it's just that Latios/Latias, and random other legendaries seem to find homes in other regions and something like Volcarona could easily be applicable to multiple games, even more so than legendaries!

It is true that some games did carry over a large amount of the other/older legendaries, even if it was post-game content or only accessible by event, like the different tickets in FireRed/LeafGreen.

I dont think its too much of a stretch to consider old legendaries being in the new game, but im pretty sure that if they are available, they wouldn't be catchable until pretty late into the game, after the Elite 4 for example

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Also in an unrelated note, I really don't want Zigzagoon etc. Instead of that can we have some classic mons like Miltank and Chansey pretty please??

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2013
Returning pokemon?

So...just asking you guys think should return in PKMN X and Y? Me, I'm hoping mismagius and froslass. I've already seen that there is chance where I can get Gardevoir and Gallade...(My favs :classic:)

Back