The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 2nd, 2013, 01:31 PM
kj3400
Wants a Magneton for a Charger

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to kj3400

Advertise here
Fascinating. And if I wanted to have a map of the inside of the train I'd just warp to that map? Is there a limit on how big the train OW can be?

Last edited by kj3400; March 2nd, 2013 at 01:32 PM. Reason: nother question
Old March 2nd, 2013, 01:33 PM
FBI agent
Imagine something beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj3400 View Post
Fascinating. And if I wanted to have a map of the inside of the train I'd just warp to that map? Is there a limit on how big the train OW can be?
You can replace the SS. Anne if you really wanted to.

Hacks I support:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=297199 --Legend of Anbuja
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=200227 -- Pokemon Rose version

People whom I thank:
Comrade -- For helping me with my bad hack, and for being a good friend
Darthatron -- Helping me get into basic ASM, even though I'm hopeless. (He is heartless stay away).
Anbuja's_BlooDY -- Graphics help, and being a good friend
FBI -- For having the username I wanted
Old March 2nd, 2013, 01:37 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj3400 View Post
1) Yes, you could just warp in. It would be just like the ship in RSE.

2) I have no clue. The biggest OW I have seen is the S.S. Anne. You won't be able to make an OW that big in NSE. It will require hex editing to make the dimensions that size, but I feel like if the S.S. Anne could be that big, why couldn't you go bigger?

Paired with Simba
Old March 2nd, 2013, 01:41 PM
Mr. Whiscash
Unegged Hatch

Nature: Sassy
So, as a very new newbie to GSC Hacking, I'm trying to find a good tool to expand my Crystal rom to allow for Gym Leaders to have more Pokemon than initially allowed. Pardon me if I'm being vague but I'm very rusty on my terminology as well.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 01:42 PM
kj3400
Wants a Magneton for a Charger

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to kj3400
Hmmm. Much insight on the topic. Thanks!
Old March 2nd, 2013, 04:41 PM
The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D's Avatar
The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D

Advanced text all the sudden stopped working

ill either get blank texts in the introduction of the game
or straight up giberish and if i try to save i get

The Text you entered is longer than the old on.
When you Continue, the Text needs to be Re-pointed to another location.

Due the fact fo that, the INI file will be changed and you cant edit the text of a clean ROM with that INI file again, until you restore it back to the original one.

Do you want to Re-Point?

Whether i repoint or not, itll say saved, but wont change a thing, whether its blank or giberish it plays the regular text. And if redownloaded Advance Text, changed ini files(redownloaded), redownloaded FireRed, even used a Previous version of my game that worked before hand. and nothing .-.

And now some maps wont switch another map, and it goes to black screen and freezes, which it did not do this before, its happening to 2 out 4 maps that have been opened and inserted to replace a previous map. and one copied from the game and edited. .-.

To be changed to Terror!
Ive been let aware of a Pokemon Nightmare Hack being released already, i waited to long, and i checked it out and it looks really cool
I wanted to keep a connection to Nightmare, so i thought of Night Terrors, and kept Terror!

Currently in Design Stage, will be begin to code in around a month!
Pokemon Dream will be the sequel and made Somewhat after.

Last edited by The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D; March 2nd, 2013 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:21 PM
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D View Post
Advanced text all the sudden stopped working

ill either get blank texts in the introduction of the game
or straight up giberish and if i try to save i get

The Text you entered is longer than the old on.
When you Continue, the Text needs to be Re-pointed to another location.

Due the fact fo that, the INI file will be changed and you cant edit the text of a clean ROM with that INI file again, until you restore it back to the original one.

Do you want to Re-Point?

Whether i repoint or not, itll say saved, but wont change a thing, whether its blank or giberish it plays the regular text. And if redownloaded Advance Text, changed ini files(redownloaded), redownloaded FireRed, even used a Previous version of my game that worked before hand. and nothing .-.

And now some maps wont switch another map, and it goes to black screen and freezes, which it did not do this before, its happening to 2 out 4 maps that have been opened and inserted to replace a previous map. and one copied from the game and edited. .-.
I have this feeling you corrupted your rom and should try and move all of your data to a new rom. In the meantime, we need to troubleshoot A-text.

-if you can, put the A-text program on a flash drive and try to run it on another computer. It may be your computer preventing A-text from running properly.
-if it is indeed your computer, try creating a new account and working on that one. If that doesn't work, give CCleaner a try and clean everything.
-if A-text still proves to be the problem, find a different download link. There has to be a cause somewhere.

Paired with Simba
Old March 2nd, 2013, 09:00 PM
Noossab Blue

Nature: Quirky
So...I haven't touched the Sevii Island event scripts, but all of a sudden the event order is messed up. When you go to One Island for the first time and go into the PC and step on the script, the script runs and sends me home like I've already completed the quest...

I can't think of anything I've done, and it used to work...

Thanks to SilverGrey for the awesome banner! Click to see!
Current as of 1/31/14: I updated again!

Old March 2nd, 2013, 09:09 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noossab Blue View Post
So...I haven't touched the Sevii Island event scripts, but all of a sudden the event order is messed up. When you go to One Island for the first time and go into the PC and step on the script, the script runs and sends me home like I've already completed the quest...

I can't think of anything I've done, and it used to work...
Maybe you have set the flag that checks if you already finished the event. If so change the checkflag with another flag. :)
Old March 2nd, 2013, 09:11 PM
The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D's Avatar
The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D

ill try that later tonight but now i have come across another problem,i did a trainer battle script and it all is orking perfectly up to the point of the trainer, the battle starts,text good,but it isnt the trainer i saved, i did the 1st one
which is an aqua person with ekans
and i changed it to a full team and it puts that,but when i reopen the rom it shows what i did

To be changed to Terror!
Ive been let aware of a Pokemon Nightmare Hack being released already, i waited to long, and i checked it out and it looks really cool
I wanted to keep a connection to Nightmare, so i thought of Night Terrors, and kept Terror!

Currently in Design Stage, will be begin to code in around a month!
Pokemon Dream will be the sequel and made Somewhat after.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 11:24 PM
Dr Awesome99

Hi everyone, I'm quite new at GSC hacking and use TRNPKMN to hack crystal trainers, and a few of them trainers remain the same, such as the last rocket executive in Mahogany Town. Please help quickly as I am trying to make a hack and probably post it here!
Old March 3rd, 2013, 04:55 AM
ep!c
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to ep!c
@The Legacy of The Legends Creator

I'd recommend you to change trainers thats ID is over 0x59.
Because 0x00 to 0x58 is still data of Ruby, which can bug here and there.

If you are using Advance Trainer, be sure that you made "File -> Save ROM"
In case you made that but ingame the trainer isn't working, check if you had opened the
correct ROM and not a backup.

However its still better to change the trainers that are appearing in the original game too.
Then you are on the saver side =)
Old March 3rd, 2013, 05:54 AM
ArthurWaine
Unhatched Egg

Hey guys! Hope someone can help me with a little (scripting) question I have: how do I make the sound return to normal at the end of a script? For example, my background music is Mt. Moon standard (0x120 if I'm not mistaken), and for the duration of an event I changed it to 0x11C). However, since I noticed it didn't just revert back to the default (I found somewhere that pause 0xA should accomplish something along these lines, but that didn't help either), I simply told it to play music 0x120. However, in a later event in the same map, which heals your pokemon, the game plays the pokemon healing music (0x100) at the same time as the Mt. Moon music, which sounds horrible.

So my question, really: is there a scripting command that pauses the music currently playing?
Old March 3rd, 2013, 06:12 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurWaine View Post
Hey guys! Hope someone can help me with a little (scripting) question I have: how do I make the sound return to normal at the end of a script? For example, my background music is Mt. Moon standard (0x120 if I'm not mistaken), and for the duration of an event I changed it to 0x11C). However, since I noticed it didn't just revert back to the default (I found somewhere that pause 0xA should accomplish something along these lines, but that didn't help either), I simply told it to play music 0x120. However, in a later event in the same map, which heals your pokemon, the game plays the pokemon healing music (0x100) at the same time as the Mt. Moon music, which sounds horrible.

So my question, really: is there a scripting command that pauses the music currently playing?
Here is a list of every single command by thethethethe. This list is kind of old, but I have yet to find a problem. Maybe some of the higher level commands are a little outdated but it still is extremely useful:

Spoiler:

Commands:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nop, nop0:
Does nothing.
Structure: [00]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nop1:
Does nothing.
Hex Structure: [01]
end:
Ends script execution.
Hex Structure: [02]
return:
Returns to a call function.
Hex Structure: [03]
call:
Call a designated function, can be returned to.
Hex Structure: [04] [aabbccdd]
aabbccdd: Location of called script.
goto, jump:
Go to a designated function, can not be returned to.
Hex Structure: [05] [aabbccdd]
aabbccdd: Location of script that has been jumped to.
if, if1, jumpif:
XSE Description: If the last comparison returned a certain value, jumps to another script.
Hex Structure: [06] [xx] [aabbccdd]
[Conditional Byte], byte;
[Pointer], double word
xx: Conditional Byte describing
[00] - Lower than
[01] - Equal
[02] - Higher
[03] - Lower than or equal to
[04] - Higher than or equal to
[05] - Not equal
aabbccdd: Location to jump to.
if2, callif:
Call version of if1.
Hex Structure: [07] [xx] [aabbccdd]
xx: Conditional byte, refer if, if1
aabbccdd: Location Called.
jumpstd:
Jump to a built in function.
Hex Structure: [08] [xx]
xx: Function
callstd, boxset:
Calls a built in function, most commonly used following command #0F.
Hex Structure: [09] [xx]
xx: Function used with callstd
[00] - Obtained item
[01] - Found Item
[02] - Standard
[03] - Signpost
[04] - Does not close
[05] - Yes/No
[06] - Normal
jumpstdif:
Conditional form of command #08.
Hex Structure: [0A] [xx] [yy]
xx: Condition see if, if1
yy: Function, see jumpstd
callstdif:
Conditional form of command #09.
Hex Structure: [0B] [xx] [yy]
xx: Condition see if, if1
yy: Function, see callstd, boxset
jumpram:
Jumps to a default RAM location.
Hex Structure: [0C]
killscript:
Resets the RAM, and kills the script.
Hex Structure: [0D]
setbyte:
Set 0x2039288 + 6c to a specified byte value.
Hex Structure: [0E] [xx]
xx: Byte value.
loadpointer:
Load a pointer into the script RAM.
Hex Structure: [0F] [xx] [aabbccdd]
xx: Memory bank in use,
aabbccdd: Location of script/text.
setbyte2:
Sets a memory bank to a chosen byte value.
Hex Structure: [10] [xx] [yy]
xx: Memory bank
yy: Byte Value
writebytetooffset:
Set a byte to a specified destination.
Hex Structure: [11] [xx] [aabbccdd]
xx: Byte Value
aabbccdd: Desstination.
loadbytefrompointer:
Load a byte found at a specified destination into the RAM.
Hex Structure: [12] [xx] [aabbccdd]
xx: Memory Bank
aabbccdd: Byte Desctination.
setfarbyte:
Sets the byte into a specified destination.
Hex Structure: [13] [xx] [aabbccdd]
xx: Memory Bank
aabbccdd: Location to set at.
copyscriptbanks:
Copy one script bank into another bank.
Hex Structure: [14] [xx] [yy]
xx: Source Bank
yy: Destination Bank
copybyte:
Copy a byte from one destination to another.
Hex Structure: [15] [aabbccdd] [eeffgghh]
aabbccdd: Source byte location.
aabbccdd: Destination byte location.
setvar:
Set a value up 0xFFFF to setvar.
Hex Structure: [16] [xxyy] [aabb]
xxyy: Variable
aabb: Value
addvar:
Add a value up to 0xFFFF to a variable.
Hex Structure: [17] [xxyy] [aabb]
subvar, subtractvar:
Subtract any value up to 0xFFFF from a variable.
Hex Structure: [18] [xxyy] [aabb]
copyvar:
Copy the value stored from one variable into another variable.
Hex Structure: [19] [xxyy] [aabb]
xxyy: Source Variable
aabb: Destination Variable
copyvarifnotzero:
Copy the value stored from one variable into another variable only if destination is greater than zero.
Hex Structure: [1A] [xxyy] [aabb]
xxyy: Source Variable
aabb: Destination Variable
comparevars:
Compare two variables.
Hex Structure: [1B] [xxyy] [aabb]
xxyy: Variable One
aabb: Variable Two
comparevartobyte:
Compares a variable stored in a buffer to a byte value.
Hex Structure: [1C] [xx] [yy]
xx: Buffer number
yy: Byte value
comparevartofarbyte:
Compare a variable stored in a buffer to a byte at a location.
Hex Structure: [1D] [xx] [aabbccdd]
xx: Buffer Number
aabbccdd: Location of byte.
comparefarbytetovar:
Compare a byte at location to variable in a buffer.
Hex Structure: [1E] [aabbccdd] [xx]
aabbccdd: Byte Location
xx: Buffer Number
comparefarbytetobyte:
Compare a byte at a location to a byte.
Hex Structure: [1F] [aabbccdd] [xx]
aabbccdd: Byte location
xx: Byte Value
comparefarbytetofarbyte:
Compare a byte at one location to a byte at another location.
Hex Structure: [20] [aabbccdd] [eeffgghh]
aabbccdd: Location of Byte One.
eeffgghh: Location of byte two.
compare:
Compare a variable to a specified value.
Hex Structure: [21] [xxyy] [aabb]
comparevars2:
Compare two variables.
Hex Structure: [22] [xxyy] [aabb]
xxyy: Variable One
aabb: Variable Two
callasm:
Call a custom assembly routine. Some would say the most powerful command.
Hex Structure: [23] [aabbccdd]
aabbccdd: Location of routine
callasm2:
Calls an ASM routine.
Hex Structure: [24] [aabbccdd]
aabbccdd: Location of routine.
special:
Call a special.
Hex Structure: [25] [xxyy]
xxyy: Refer to special list
special2:
A different form of special. Can return a value into 0x800D.
Hex Structure: [26] [xxyy] [aabb]
xxyy: Variable to store value
aabb: Special Event
[D400] - Pokedex Check
[E600] - Check Happiness
[6501] - Move Pokemon to PC?
[7C01] - Check Pokemon
waitstate, waitspecial:
Used to wait for special events to end.
Hex Structure: [27]
pause:
Pause a script for designated amount of time.
Hex Structure: [28] [xxyy]
xxyy: Designated delay
setflag:
Sets a flag.
Hex Structure: [29] [xxyy]
xxyy: Flag Number
clearflag:
Clear a flag so that it can be reset.
Hex Structure: [2A] [xxyy]
checkflag:
Checks if a flag is set, stores value into 0x800D.
Hex Structure: [2B] [xxyy]
cmd_2C:
Command currently unknown.
Hex Structure: [2C] [xxyy] [aabb]
xxyy: ?
aabb: ?
cmd_2D:
Hex Structure: [2D]
resetvars:
Resets values of variables 0x8000, 0x8001, 0x8002.
Hex Structure: [2E]
sound:
Plays a sound.
Hex Structure: [2F] [xxyy]
xxyy: Sound Number
checksound:
Checks if a sound is being played.
Hex Structure: [30]
fanfare:
Play a song as a fanfare.
Hex Structure: [31] [xxyy]
xxyy: Song to play.
waitfanfare:
Waits for the fanfare to finish being played.
Hex Structure: [32]
playsong, playsound:
Plays a song.
Hex Structure: [33] [xxyy] [00]
xxyy: Song Number.
playsong2, playsong:
Plays a song.
Hex Structure: [34] [xxyy]
xxyy: Song number.
fadedefault:
Slowly fades back to the maps default music.
Hex Structure: [35]
fadesong:
Fades out from one song into another.
Hex Structure: [36] [xxyy]
xxyy: Song to switch to.
fadeout:
Fades out the currently playing song.
Hex Structure: [37] [xx]
xx: Fading speed.
fadein:
Fades Current song back in.
Hex Structure: [38] [xx]
xx: Fading Speed.

warp:
Warp the played to another map.
Hex Structure: Two options;
warp: [39] [xx] [yy] [zz]
xx: Bank Number
yy: Map Number
zz: Exit Number
warp: [39] [xx] [yy] [FF] [aabb] [ccdd]
aabb: X Co-ordinate
ccdd: Y Co-ordinate
warp2, mutedwarp:
Warps to another map without a sound effect.
Hex Structure: [3A] [xx] [yy] [zz]
warp: [3A] [xx] [yy] [FF] [aabb] [ccdd]
warpwalk, warpwalking:
Warps to another map with a walking effect.
Hex Structure: [3B] [xx] [yy] [zz]
warp: [3B] [xx] [yy] [FF] [aabb] [ccdd]
warphole, falldownhole:
Warps the player to another map with the fall down hole effect.
Hex Structure: [3C] [xx] [yy]
warpteleport:
Warp the player to another map with the teleport effect.
Hex Structure: [3D] [xx] [yy] [zz]
warp: [3D] [xx] [yy] [FF] [aabb] [ccdd]
warp3:
Warp player to another map.
Hex Structure: [3E] [xx] [yy] [zz]
warp: [3E] [xx] [yy] [FF] [aabb] [ccdd]
warpelevator:
Warp a player to another map.
Hex Structure: [3F] [xx] [yy] [zz]
warp: [3F] [xx] [yy] [FF] [aabb] [ccdd]
warp4:
Warp player to another map.
Hex Structure: [40] [xx] [yy] [zz]
warp: [40] [xx] [yy] [FF] [aabb] [ccdd]
warp5:
Warp a player to another map.
Hex Structure: [41] [xx] [yy] [zz]
warp: [41] [xx] [yy] [FF] [aabb] [ccdd]
getplayerpos, getplayerxy:
Stores the players current x and y positions on the current map.
Hex Structure: [42] [xxyy] [aabb]
xxyy: Variable for x position
aabb: Variable for y position
countpokemon:
Stores the amount of Pokemon in your party into 0x800D.
Hex Structure: [43]
additem:
Adds the quantity of a specified item.
Hex Structure: [44] [xxyy] [aabb]
xxyy: Item Number, refer items.
aabb: Quantity
removeitem:
Removes the quantity of a designated item.
Hex Structure: [45] [xxyy] [aabb]
checkitemamout:
Check the quantity of an item. Store into 0x800D.
Hex Structure: [46] [xxyy] [aabb]
checkitem:
Checks if the player is holding a certain item. Store result in 0x800D.
Hex Structure: [47] [xxyy] [aabb]
Checkitemtype:
Check the item type for the specified item.
Hex Structure: [48] [xxyy]
xxyy: Item number.

Item types for use with compare:
[00] - Mail
[01] - Items used out of Battle
[02] - Items only usable in certain locations, i.e. Bicycle
[03] - Pokeblock
[04] - Item which cannot be used outside of battle.
addpcitem, giveitemtopc:
Add a specified item to the player's PC.
Hex Structure: [49] [xxyy] [aabb]
xxyy: Item Number
checkpcitem, checkiteminpc:
Checks if an item is stored in the player's PC.
Hex Structure: [4A] [xxyy] [aabb]
xxyy: Item Number
adddecoration, addfurniture:
Add a decoration to player's PC.
Hex Structure: [4B] [xxyy]
xxyy: Decoration Number. Refer, Decoration/Furniture List.
removedecoration, takefurniture:
Remove a decoration from the player's PC.
Hex Structure: [4C] [xxyy]
testdecoration, checkifroomforfurniture:
Test a specific decoration to see if there's enough room to store it.
Hex Structure: [4D] [xxyy]
checkdecoration, checkfurniture:
Check if a certain decoration is present in a player's PC.
Hex Structure: [4E] [xxyy]
applymovement:
Make a player move from due to designated movements.
Hex Structure: [4F] [xxyy] [aabbccdd]
xxyy: People Number. Player is #00FF
aabbccdd: Location of movement data.
applymovement2, applymovementfinishat:
Applies movement data to a sprite, then sets specified X/Y co-ordinates.
Hex Structure: [50] [xxyy] [aabbccdd] [ee] [ff]
xxyy: People Number
aabbccdd: Location of movement data
ee: X Co-ordinate
ff: Y Co-ordinate
waitmovement, pausemove, pauseevent:
Used to wait for applymovement to finish.
Hex Structure: [51] [xxyy]
xxyy: Value. #0000 for complete wait of applymovement.
waitmovement2, pausemove2:
Waits for applymovement to finish. Then set XY co-ordinates.
Hex Structure: [52] [xxyy] [aa] [bb]
xxyy: Value. #0000 for complete applymovement wait.
aa: X Co-ordinate
bb: Y Co-ordinate.
hidesprite, disappear:
Hide a sprite from interaction.
Hex Structure: [53] [xxyy]
xxyy: People Number.
hidesprite2, disappearat:
Hide a sprite from interaction, then set X/Y co-ordinates.
Hex Structure: [54] [xxyy] [aa] [bb]
aa: X co-ordinate
bb: Y co-ordinate
showsprite, reappear:
Show a hidden sprite.
Hex Structure: [55] [xxyy]
showsprite2, reappearat:
Show a hidden sprite, then set X/Y co-ordinates.
Hex Structure: [56] [xxyy] [aa] [bb]
movesprite:
Move a sprite to a designated location.
Hex Structure: [57] [xxyy] [aabb] [ccdd]
ccdd: Y co-ordinate
spriteshow, spritevisible, farreappear:
Make a sprite visible at a chosen bank and map.
Hex Structure: [58] [xxyy] [aa] [bb]
aa: Bank Number
bb: Map Number
spritehide, spriteinvisible, fardisappear:
Makes a sprite invisible at a chosen bank and map.
Hex Structure: [59] [xxyy] [aa] [bb]
faceplayer:
Turn the sprite interacted with towards the player.
Hex Structure: [5A]
spriteface:
Change the facing of a sprite.
Hex Structure: [5B] [xxyy] [xx]
xx: Way facing.
[01] - Down
[02] - Up
[03] - Left
[04] - Right
trainerbattle:
Start a trainer battle.
1) [5C] [xx] [aabb] [0000] [ccddeeff] [gghhiijj]
2) [5C] [xx] [aabb] [0000] [ccddeeff] [gghhiijj] [kkllmmnn]
xx: Trainerbattle type
[00] - Normal Battle
[01] - Continued Battle
[04] - Double Battle
aabb: Trainer ID Number
ccddeeff: Location of text to appear before battle
gghhiijj: Location for text to appear at end of battle
kkllmmnn: Location of coninuation of script.
lasttrainerbattle, repeattrainerbattle:
Repeats the last trainerbattle started.
Hex Structure: [5D]
endtrainerbattle:
Ends trainer battle before starting message.
Hex Structure: [5E]
endtrainerbattle2:
Ends trainer battle before ending message.
Hex Structure: [5F]
checktrainer, checktrainerflag:
Checks if a trainer has been battled. Stores result in 0x800D.
Hex Structure: [60] [xxyy]
xxyy: Trainer ID
disabletrainer, cleartrainerflag:
Enables a trainer for battle.
Hex Structure: [61] [xxyy]
enabletrainer, settrainerflag:
Disables a trainer for battle.
Hex Structure: [62] [xxyy]
movesprite2:
Move a sprite to chosen location, Permanent change.
Hex Structure: [63] [xxyy] [aabb] [ccdd]
xxdd: Y co-ordinate
moveoffscreen:
Moves a sprite one tile above the yop left corner of the screen.
Hex Structure: [64] [xxyy]
xxyy: People number
spritebehave:
Chenges behaviour of a sprite.
Hex Structure: [65] [xxyy] [zz]
zz: Behaviour
waitmsgbox2, waitmsgbox, showmsg:
Wait for msgbox2 and msgbox3 to finish.
Hex Structure: [66]
msgbox2, message:
Point to text. Usually used with multi or other similar commands.
Hex Structure: [67] [aabbccdd]
aabbccdd: Location of text.
closemsg, closeonkeypress:
Used with callstd 0x4. Closes a msgbox on key press.
Hex Structure: [68]
lockall:
Locks down all movement of all overworld sprites on screen.
Hex Structure: [69]
lock:
Locks down movement from sprite interacted with.
Hex Structure: [6A]
releaseall:
Sprites on screen are released for movement. Closes any open message boxes.
Hex Structure: [6B]
release:
Sprite interacted with may resume movement.
Hex Structure: [6C]
waitkeypress, waitbutton:
Wait until a key is pressed.
Hex Structure: [6D]
yesnobox, showyesno:
Displays a yes/no box at specified co-ordinates.
Hex Structure: [6E] [xx] [yy]
xx: X co-ordinate
yy: Y co-ordinate
multichoice, multi:
Put up a list of choices for the player to make.
Hex Structure: [6F] [xx] [yy] [zz] [aa]
zz: Multi ID. Refer Multi list
aa: Determines if B = Cancel. 0 means B = Cancel.
multi2, multichoice2:
Same as command #6F, except a default multi choice can be set.
Hex Structure: [70] [xx] [yy] [zz] [aa] [bb]
zz: Multi ID, refer multi list
aa: Default selection.
bb: Determines if B=Cancel.
multi3, multichoice3:
Same as command #71, except the number of options per row can be set.
Hex Structure: [71] [xx] [yy] [zz] [aa] [bb]
zz: Multi ID, refer multi list
aa: Number of choices per row.
bb: Determines if B=Cancel.
showbox:
Displays a box of specified size.
Hex Structure: [72] [xx] [yy] [zz] [aa]
zz: Width
aa: Height
hidebox:
Hide a displayed box.
Hex Structure: [73] [xx] [yy] [zz] [aa]
clearbox:
Clear part of a custom box.
Hex Structure: [74] [xx] [yy] [zz] [aa]
pokepic, showpokepic:
Displays a Pokemon in a picture box.
Hex Structure: [75] [xxyy] [aa] [bb]
xxyy: Pokemon Species, see Pokemon list.
hidepokepic:
Hide the Pokemon in a box displayed with command #75.
Hex Structure: [76]
showcontestwinner, picture:
Show a picture of the winner of a set contest.
Hex Structure: [77] [xx]
xx: Contest Number
[01] -
[02] -
[03] -
[04] -
[05] -
[06] -
braille:
Display a braille box.
Hex Structure: [78] [aabbccdd]
aabbccdd: Location of braille data.
addpokemon, givepokemon:
Give a Pokemon to the player.
Hex Structure: [79] [xxyy] [zz] [aabb] [00000000] [00000000] [00]
xxyy: Pokemon Species, refer pokemon list.
zz: Level of Pokemon.
aabb: Item number, refer to item list.
giveegg:
Gives the player the egg of a Pokemon.
Hex Structure: [7A] [xxyy]
xxyy: Pokemon Species, see Pokemon list.
setpkmnpp, setpokemonpp:
Sets an amount to one attack of one Pokemon of the Players Party.
Hex Structure: [7B] [xx] [yy] [aabb]
xx: Party number.
yy: Attack Slot
aabb: PP amount.
checkattack:
Checks if a Pokemon in the players party knows a specific attack. Pokemon with attack stored to 0x800D.
Hex Structure: [7C] [xxyy]
xxyy: Attack Number, refer attack list.
bufferpokemon, storepokemon:
Store a Pokemon name into a buffer.
Hex Structure: [7D] [xx] [yyzz]
Commonly Used Buffers:
[00] - [FD] [02] or in scripting terms \v\h02
[01] - [FD] [03] or in scripting terms \v\h03
yyzz: Pokemon Number, refer Pokemon list.
bufferfirstpokemon, storefirstpokemon:
Store the name of the first Pokemon in your party into a buffer.
Hex Structure: [7E] [xx]
Commonly Used Buffers:
bufferpokemon2, storepokemonvar:
Similiar to command #7D, although Pokemon species is stored through a variable.
Hex Structure: [7F] [xx] [yyzz]
Commonly Used Buffers:
yyzz: Variable

bufferitem, storeitem:
Stores an item into a buffer.
Hex Structure: [80] [xx] [yyzz]
Commonly Used Buffers:
yyzz: Item number.Refer Item list.
bufferpcitem, storefurniture:
Store a PC item name into a buffer.
Hex Structure: [81] [xx] [yyzz]
Commonly Used Buffers:
yyzz: Item number.Refer Item list.
bufferattack, storeattack, storeatk:
Store an attack name into a buffer.
Hex Structure: [82] [xx] [yyzz]
Commonly Used Buffers:
yyzz: Attack number, refer attack list.
buffernumber, storenumber, vardisplay, storevar:
Store the value stored into a variable into a buffer.
Hex Structure: [83] [xx] [yyzz]
Commonly Used Buffers:
yyzz: Variable to store.
bufferstandard, storecomp:
Store a standard string into a buffer.
Hex Structure: [84] [xx] [yyzz]
Commonly Used Buffers:
yyzz: Standard String
bufferstring, storetext:
String a string into a buffer.
Hex Structure: [85] [xx] [aabbccdd]
Commonly Used Buffers:
pokemart:
Open up a PokeMart shop system.
Hex Structure: [86] [aabbccdd]
aabbccdd: Location of item list.
pokemart2:
Hex Structure: [87] [aabbccdd]
pokemart3, fakejumpstd, slotmachine:
Hex Structure: [88] [aabbccdd]
pokecasino, fakecallstd:
Open the casino game.
Hex Structure: [89] [xxyy]
cmd_8A:
Command currently unknown. Although apparently does nothing.
Hex Structure: [8A] [xx] [yy] [zz]
xx: Unknown
yy: Unknown
zz: Unknown
choosecontestpkmn:
Open's menu to choose a contest Pokemon.
Hex Structure: [8B]
startcontest:
Start a Pokemon Contest.
Hex Structure: [8C]
showcontestresults:
Shows Pokemon Contest results.
Hex Structure: [8D]
contestlinktransfer, startwireless:
Establish a connection with wireless adapter. (Emerald Only)
Hex Structure: [8E]
random:
Creates a random number between zero and a designated number. Stores value in 0x800D.
Hex Structure: [8F] [xxyy]
xxyy: Highest possible value.
givemoney:
Gives the player money.
Hex Structure: [90] [aabbccdd] [00]
aabbccdd: Monetary amount
takemoney, paymoney:
Take money from the player.
Hex Structure: [91] [aabbccdd] [00]
aabbccdd: Monetary amount.
checkmoney:
Checks if a player has a chosen amount of money.
Hex Structure: [92] [aabbccdd] [00]
aabbccdd: Monetary amount.
showmoney, showmoneybox:
Displays the players money amount at time of command use.
Hex Structure: [93] [xx] [yy] [00]
xx: X co-ordinate.
yy: Y co-ordinate.
hidemoney, hidemoneybox:
Hide's counter displayed with command #93.
Hex Structure: [94] [xx] [yy]
updatemoney, updatemoneybox:
Updates money counter shown with command #93.
Hex Structure: [95] [xx] [yy] [00]
cmd_96:
Command currently unknown. Although apparently does nothing.
Hex Structure: [96] [xxyy]
xxyy: Unknown.
fadescreen:
Fades the screen in our out.
Hex Structure: [97] [xx]
xx: Effect.
[00] - Fade in (Black)
[01] - Fade out (Black)
[02] - Fade in (White)
[03] - Fade out (White)
fadescreen2, fadescreendelay:
Fades the screen in our out, but also has option of a delay.
Hex Structure: [98] [xx] [yy]
xx: Effect.
[00] - Fade in (Black)
[01] - Fade out (Black)
[02] - Fade in (White)
[03] - Fade out (White)
yy: Delay
darken, darkenroom:
Similiar to flash animation, darkens the area. Can only be used in a level script.
Hex Structure: [99] [xxyy]
xxyy: Flash Size
lighten, lightenroom:
Similiar to flash animation, lightens the area.
Hex Structure: [9A] [xx]
xx: Flash Size
msgbox3, msgbox2:
Display a message.
Hex Structure: [9B] [aabbccdd]
doanimation:
Displays a chosen animation.
Hex Structure: [9C] [xxyy]
xxyy: Animation Number
Some Animations:
[0100] = Cutting Grass
[0200] = Cutting Trees
[0900] = Surfing
[1900] = Pokemon Center Heal
[1E00] = Fly (Taking Off)
[1F00] = Fly (Whole Thing)
[2000] = Fly (Beginning)
[2500] = Rock Smash
[2600] = Teleport
[2B00] = Waterfall
[2C00] = Dive in Ruby Sapphire and Emerald
[3300] = Sweet Scent
[3E00] = Pokemon Center Heal
[3F00] = Teleport Home
setanimation:
Sets a pokemon for animation.
Hex Structure: [9D] [xx] [yyzz]
xx: Animation
yyzz: Variable with Pokemon stored.
checkanimation:
Checks if an animation is currently being played. If yes, it will wait for animation to finish.
Hex Structure: [9E] [xxyy]
xxyy: Animation, refer command #9C
sethealingplace:
Sets the place where the player is warped to once he or she is out of usable Pokemon.
Hex Structure: [9F] [xxyy]
xxyy: Place.
Codes only for FR/LG
[0100] - Map [4.0] or Player's Home
[0200] - Map [5.4] or Viridian City Pokemon Center
[0300] - Map [6.5] or Pewter City Pokemon Center
[0400] - Map [7.3] or Cerulean City Pokemon Center
[0500] - Map [8.0] or Lavender Town Pokemon Center
[0600] - Map [9.1] or Vermillion City Pokemon Center
[0700] - Map [10.12] or Celadon City Pokemon Center
[0800] - Map [11.5] or Fushia City Pokemon Center
[0900] - Map [12.5] or Cinnabar Island Pokemon Center
[0A00] - Map [13.0] or Indigo Plateau
[0B00] - Map [14.6] or Saffron City Pokemon Center
[0C00] - Map [16.0] or Mt. Moon Pokemon Center
[0D00] - Map [21.0] or Rock Tunnel Pokemon Center
[0E00] - Map [32.0] or One Island Pokemon Center
[0F00] - Map [33.2] or Two Island Pokemon Center
[1000] - Map [34.1] or Three Island Pokemon Center
[1100] - Map [35.1] or Four Island Pokemon Center
[1200] - Map [36.0] or Five Island Pokemon Center
[1300] - Map [31.3] or Seven Island Pokemon Center
[1400] - Map [37.0] or Six Island Pokemon Center
Sorry Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald hackers for my laziness.
checkgender:
Checks if the player is a girl or boy. Result stored in 0x800D.
Hex Structure: [A0]
Note: If male, stores &H0 into 0x800D, if female, stored &H1 into 0x800D.
cry, cryfr:
Plays cry of Pokemon.
Hex Structure: [A1] [xxyy] [aabb]
xxyy: Pokemon Number, refer Pokemon list.
aabb: Effect, when in doubt use [0000]
setmaptile:
Set tile into map, you must refresh the area for tile change to take place.
Hex Structure: [A2] [aabb] [ccdd] [eeff] [gghh]
aabb: Map x co-ordinate
ccdd: Map y co-ordinate
eeff: Tile Number, refer to Advancemap for tile numbers
gghh: Passable or not.
[0000] - Passable
[0100] - Unpassable
resetweather:
Prepares to fade weather back to map's default weather.
Hex Structure: [A3]
setweather:
Prepares to fade the weather back to the specified type.
Hex Structure: [A4] [xxyy]
xxyy: Weather type
[0000] - None
[0100] - Reflected Clouds
[0200] - Normal
[0300] - Rain
[0400] - 3 Snowflakes
[0500] - Thunderstorm
[0600] - Fog
[0700] - Snow
[0800] - Sandstorm
[0900] - Diagonal Fog
[0A00] - Thin Fog
[0B00] - Bit Dark
[0C00] - Overheat
[0D00] - Thunderstorm2
doweather:
Triggers the weather change set with command #A3 or #A4.
Hex Structure: [A5]
cmd_A6:
Command Currently unknown.
Hex Structure: [A6] [xx]
setmapfooter:
Changes the current map footer. The map must be refreshed for this to take place.
Hex Structure: [A7] [xxyy]
xxyy: Map footer
spritelevelup, increasespritelevel:
Makes a chosen sprite move up on level at a designated bank and map.
Hex Structure: [A8] [xxyy] [aa] [bb] [cc]
xxyy: People ID.
cc: Unknown. When in doubt use [00].
restorespritelevel:
Restore a sprite to its original level on selected map and bank.
Hex Structure: [A9] [xxyy] [aa] [bb]
aa: Bank number.
bb: Map Number.
createsprite, creattempsprite:
Creates a virtual sprite on a map.
Hex Structure: [AA] [xx] [yy] [aabb] [ccdd] [ee] [ff]
xx: Sprite Number
yy: Virtual People Number
ee: Behaviour
ff: Facing
spriteface2, tempspriteface:
Changes the direction a virtual sprite is facing.
Hex Structure: [AB] [xx] [yy]
xx: Virtual People Number
yy: Facing
setdooropened:
Prepare to open a door.
Hex Structure: [AC] [xxyy] [aabb]
xxyy: X co-ordinate
aabb: Y Co-ordinate
setdoorclosed:
Prepare to close a door.
Hex Structure: [AD] [xxyy] [aabb]
doorchange:
Activates preperation made with command #AC and #AE.
Hex Structure: [AE]
setdooropened2, setdooropenedstatic:
Prepare a door to be opened.
Hex Structure: [AF] [xxyy] [aabb]
setdoorclosed2, setdoorclosedstatic:
Prepare a door to be closed.
Hex Structure: [B0] [xxyy] [aabb]
cmd_B1:
Command Currently unknown although apparently does nothing.
Hex Structure: [B1] [xx] [yyzz] [aa] [bbcc]
yyzz: Unknown
aa: Unknown
bbcc: Unknown
cmd_B2:
Command Currently unknown although apparently does nothing.
Hex Structure: [B2]
checkcoins, coincasetovar:
Check the amount of coins in the player's coin case and stores the result in a chosen variable.
Hex Structure: [B3] [xxyy]
xxyy: Variable to store amount in.
givecoins, givetocoincase:
Give the player a designated amount of coins.
Hex Structure: [B4] [xxyy]
xxyy: Amount of coins.
removecoins, takefromcoincase:
Takes a designated amount of coins from the player.
Hex Structure: [B5] [xxyy]
xxyy: Amount of coins to take.
startwildbattle, wildbattle, battle:
Starts a battle with a chosen Pokemon, level and item.
Hex Structure: [B6] [xxyy] [zz] [aabb]
xxyy: Pokemon Species, refer Pokemon list.
zz: Level.
aabb: Item Number, refer to item list.
lastwildbattle, repeatwildbattle, lastbattle:
Repeats the last wildbattle started.
Hex Structure: [B7]
setvirtualaddress:
Jumps to a specified value - value at 0x020375C4 in RAM, continuing execution from there.
Hex Structure: [B8] [aabbccdd]
aabbccdd: value
virtualjump:
Go to a custom function.
Hex Structure: [B9] [aabbccdd]
aabbccdd: Location of custom function.
virtualcall:
Call a custom function.
Hex Structure: [BA] [aabbccdd]
virtualjumpif:
Go to a custom function, conditional form.
Hex Structure: [BB] [xx] [aabbccdd]
xx: Condition, refer if, if1
virtualcallif:
Call a custom function, conditional form.
Hex Structure: [BC] [xx] [aabbccdd]
xx: Condition, refer if, if1
virtualmsgbox:
Prepare text for use.
Hex Structure: [BD] [aabbccdd]
virtualloadpointer:
Prepare dialogue for use.
Hex Structure: [BE] [aabbccdd]
aabbccdd: Location.
virtualbuffer:
Store a string into a buffer.
Hex Structure:
virtualbuffer:
Store a string into a buffer.
Hex Structure: [BF] [xx] [aabbccdd]
Commonly Used Buffers:
showcoins:
Show a coin counter at a set spot on the screen. Does not update itself.
Hex Structure: [C0] [xx] [yy]
hidecoins:
Hides the coin counter shown with command #C0.
Hex Structure: [C1] [xx] [yy]
updatecoins:
Updates the coin counter shown with command #C0.
Hex Structure: [C2] [xx] [yy]
cmd_C3:
Hex Structure: [C3] [xx]
warp6:
Warps the player to a different map.
warp: [C4] [xx] [yy] [zz]
warp: [C4] [xx] [yy] [FF] [aabb] [ccdd]
waitcry:
waits for a cry to finish playing.
Hex Structure: [C5]
bufferboxname, storeboxname:
Stores the name of a PC box into a buffer.
Hex Structure: [C6] [xx] [yyzz]
Commonly Used Buffers:
yyzz: PC Box Number
textcolour, textcolor:
Changes the colour of text. (Fire Red and Leaf Green Only)
Hex Structure: [C7] [xx]
xx: Colour
[00] - Blue
[01] - Red
[02] - Black
cmd_C8:
Command Currently Unknown.
Hex Structure: [C8]
cmd_C9:
Command Currently Unknown.
Hex Structure: [C9]
msgboxsign:
Changes the message boxes graphics to appear as a sign post box. (Fire Red and Leaf Green Only)
Hex Structure: [CA]
msgboxnormal:
Clears effects of command #CA. (Fire Red and Leaf Green Only)
Hex Structure: [CB]
comparehiddenvar:
Compares the value of a chosen hidden variable. (Fire Red and Leaf Green Only)
Hex Structure: [CC] [xx] [yyzz]
xx: Variable Number
yyzz: Variable to compare to.
setobedience:
Sets a Pokemon in the player's party as obedient.
Hex Structure: [CD] [xxyy]
xxyy: Pokemon Party Number.
checkobedience:
Checks if a Pokemon in the players party is obedient or not. Result stored in 0x800D.
Hex Structure: [CE] [xxyy]
xxyy: Pokemon Party Number.
executeram:
Calculates the current location of the RAM script area and passes the execution to that offset.
Hex Structure: [CF]
setworldmapflag:
Sets a flag to allow the player to fly to an area. (Fire Red and Leaf Green Only)
Hex Structure: [D0] [xxyy]
[9008] - Pallet Town
[9108] - Viridian City
[9208] - Pewter City
[9308] - Cerulean City
[9408] - Lavender Town
[9508] - Vermillion City
[9608] - Celadon City
[9708] - Fushia City
[9808] - Cinnabar Island
[9908] - Indigo Plateau
[9A08] - Saffron City
[9B08] - One Island
[9C08] - Two Island
[9D08] - Three Island
[9E08] - Four Island
[9F08] - Five Island
[A008] - Seven Island
[A108] - Six Island
warpteleport2:
Warp the player to another map with the teleport effect.
Hex Structure: [D1] [xx] [yy] [zz]
warp: [D1] [xx] [yy] [FF] [aabb] [ccdd]
setcatchlocation:
Changes the catch location of a Pokemon in the Players party.
Hex Structure: [D2] [xxyy] [zz]
xxyy: Pokemon Party Slot
zz: Catch location.
cmd_D3, braille2:
Command Currently unknown. Assumed to be braille2.
Hex Structure: [D3] [aabbccdd]
aabbccdd: Location
bufferitems, storeitems:
Stores a plural item name into a buffer. (Fire Red and Leaf Green Only)
Hex Structure: [D4] [xx] [yyzz] [aabb]
Commonly Used Buffers:
yyzz: Item number, refer item list.
aabb: Amount of item.
cmd_D5:
Hex Structure: [D5] [xxyy]
xxyy: Unknown.
cmd_D6:
Hex Structure: [D6]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a link to the original post: http://thethethethesromhacking.weebly.com/commands.html

I have also taken the liberty of highlighting all sound and music commands I saw in Red. Hope this helps!

Paired with Simba
Old March 3rd, 2013, 06:41 AM
FBI agent
Imagine something beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D View Post
ill try that later tonight but now i have come across another problem,i did a trainer battle script and it all is orking perfectly up to the point of the trainer, the battle starts,text good,but it isnt the trainer i saved, i did the 1st one
which is an aqua person with ekans
and i changed it to a full team and it puts that,but when i reopen the rom it shows what i did
Post the script? Other than the fact that it's not working, I can't tell anything else from you inquiry. Make sure your trainer ID is not the wrong remember and that the second parameter is trainer ID and that it IS in hex.

Hacks I support:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=297199 --Legend of Anbuja
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=200227 -- Pokemon Rose version

People whom I thank:
Comrade -- For helping me with my bad hack, and for being a good friend
Darthatron -- Helping me get into basic ASM, even though I'm hopeless. (He is heartless stay away).
Anbuja's_BlooDY -- Graphics help, and being a good friend
FBI -- For having the username I wanted
Old March 3rd, 2013, 08:32 AM
awipe1

Hey is there a program that tells you which flags/variables are being used and which ones aren't? I haven't scripted in a while and I forgot which variables and flags I used and I don't want to re-use them

Also is there a list of variables and flags used in POKEMON FIRE RED? Because I used JPANs Fire Red Hack Engine and I am assuming that made some flags/variables avilable and I would love to not waste them

One last question, can your flags/variables only be numbers? Can I have a flag or variable with the value 0x800A, 0x800B, 0x800C, 0x800D, 0x800E, 0x800F

Thanks alot for helping!

Also I'm currently looking for a spriter for my ROM. Someone who can make OWs and possibly trainer sprites (I might make those myself). Message me if you would like to be a part of Pokemon Battle Brown!
NOTE: You wouldn't be designing your own sprites, I would be telling you what I needed, and you would make it for me ... as appealing as that sounds. I know it doesn't sound like a fun task, but if you want to be a part of this ROM, then that's what will happen. Also I would like to see some stuff you have made before I accept your offer.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 08:39 AM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
I am wondering if there is a simple way to prevent the usability of Pokéballs in a specific wild battle?!
How about disabling the "release" option in the PC's boxes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by awipe1 View Post
Hey is there a program that tells you which flags/variables are being used and which ones aren't? I haven't scripted in a while and I forgot which variables and flags I used and I don't want to re-use them
I don't think so. :/ You should have made some kind of a note/list of your own variables, flags, IDs, ... x)
Quote:
Also is there a list of variables and flags used in POKEMON FIRE RED? Because I used JPANs Fire Red Hack Engine and I am assuming that made some flags/variables avilable and I would love to not waste them
Yes, you can find the list in pretty much any tutorial. If you already have XSE tool, you can find the list in the guide (press F2)
Quote:
One last question, can your flags/variables only be numbers? Can I have a flag or variable with the value 0x800A, 0x800B, 0x800C, 0x800D, 0x800E, 0x800F
If I am not mistaken, flags can be either 1 or 0. Variables can stock from 0x0000 up to 0xFFFF I guess, hence why we use 2 variable to stock biggers values such as pointers. Also, try to use flags and variables as less as possible, there is no 100% confirmed list of already used/not-used variables so you can never know if such or such flag/variable would unexpectedly change its value. xD

Last edited by Kurapika; March 3rd, 2013 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:56 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapika View Post
I am wondering if there is a simple way to prevent the usability of Pokéballs in a specific wild battle?!
How about disabling the "release" option in the PC's boxes?

I don't think so. :/ You should have made some kind of a note/list of your own variables, flags, IDs, ... x)

Yes, you can find the list in pretty much any tutorial. If you already have XSE tool, you can find the list in the guide (press F2)

If I am not mistaken, flags can be either 1 or 0. Variables can stock from 0x0000 up to 0xFFFF I guess, hence why we use 2 variable to stock biggers values such as pointers. Also, try to use flags and variables as less as possible, there is no 100% confirmed list of already used/not-used variables so you can never know if such or such flag/variable would unexpectedly change its value. xD

I will help you out a bit. Flags are stored in bits. By now you should know that a byte is 8 bits or a binary number of 8 characters. Binary numbers can only have the characters of 0 or 1. So, a single byte can hold 8 flags. In fact, flags are stored just before var 4000, so the amount of usable flags are in the var space for about var 3000+.

To check which flags you have used, I would suggest going through all of the scripts you made and making a list, especially when flags are turned on and then back off again, as checkflag command might not let you know if it was indeed used.

In JPAN's engine, any and all storyline flags and vars are good to use since every storyline script has been cleared.

Here is a nice list of used flags and vars in FR: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...56#post6829256

The post has a follow-up here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=183

[bookmark this^!!!!! I use it far too often.]

Now for your question. I believe JPAN has a routine for un-catchable pokemon. Search around and try and find it. For the second one, it is probobly a special multi-choice box that you would just need to edit the script for.

Paired with Simba
Old March 3rd, 2013, 03:12 PM
awipe1

Hey Karatekid Thanks a lot! I think you're my favorite person on this website because you are so helpful!
Mind if I ask more questions about it however? I just want to be very clear because I don't want to mess up my ROM by reusing variables

So for the Post by DavidJCobb, is he saying I can use any variables except the ones between 4000 and 7FFF? (So I would be able to use variables 0001,0002,0003,0004 and so on?)
And is he saying I can use any flags after 8C2? (so I can use flag 1000,1001,1002 and so on?)

please let me know
Thanks a lot for your help once again!

Also I'm currently looking for a spriter for my ROM. Someone who can make OWs and possibly trainer sprites (I might make those myself). Message me if you would like to be a part of Pokemon Battle Brown!
NOTE: You wouldn't be designing your own sprites, I would be telling you what I needed, and you would make it for me ... as appealing as that sounds. I know it doesn't sound like a fun task, but if you want to be a part of this ROM, then that's what will happen. Also I would like to see some stuff you have made before I accept your offer.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 04:34 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
Hey Karatekid Thanks a lot! I think you're my favorite person on this website because you are so helpful!
Mind if I ask more questions about it however? I just want to be very clear because I don't want to mess up my ROM by reusing variables

So for the Post by DavidJCobb, is he saying I can use any variables except the ones between 4000 and 7FFF? (So I would be able to use variables 0001,0002,0003,0004 and so on?)
And is he saying I can use any flags after 8C2? (so I can use flag 1000,1001,1002 and so on?)

please let me know
Thanks a lot for your help once again!
Don't forget to thank @kurapika, he gave you some help too!

Now, no that was not what he was saying. Flags above 900 overlap the ram used for vars 4000 and up. This means that you can use them (1 var takes the same amount of space as 16 flags) but you have to be EXTREMELY careful. You need to make sure the var you are replacing is safe, then, using the equation I posted in R&D, find the flags that fit in that var space. The most commonly used standard flags, especially on JPAN's engine (sice all the scripts are cleared) are the ones that have specific story implications that have been removed. The most common of this set being 200-2FF, but before you ever decide to use a flag, check that list to make sure it is safe. Just as a main thing, flags 500-700 are trainer flags, don't touch them. Saftey is Key!!!!

Now for safe vars- that was what the second post mainly dealt with. Nothing under 4000, the vars under 4000 overlap ram for flags. Not good.

Quote:
  • Variables 0x4100 to 0x417F (inclusive) overlap the RAM used for a special data type called "hidden variables" -- a set of 64 dwords used by certain script commands whose purpose is unknown.
  • Variables 0x5084 to 0x55CC overlap RAM used for seemingly-arbitrary data. I haven't noticed any ill effects from overwriting this data, but it changes frequently, so the variables themselves are unreliable.
  • Variables 0x56F4 - 0x5EF3 appear to also overlap RAM used for the PC. This doesn't match with JPAN's findings (the 0x5EF4 figure is from him) so either one of us is wrong, or this variable range overlaps non-essential parts of the PC data.
My suspicion -- an unconfirmed one -- is that the only safe variables are those from 0x4000 to 0x40FF (inclusive), excluding variables in that range that are set or read by the core game engine (as opposed to those used by scripts that can be safely removed).
Now, looking above is a quote from said post, we know deffinatly that you can use vars 4000-40FF. Make sure they aren't used by the game, though. Also, i have used vars in the 5000's very nicely with no problems, so I believe that 5000-5083 are also quite safe.

Judging from the above post also, there is no mention of vars above 417F. These may be safe. [Could a good ASM hacker, one with more experience than me confirm this? I'll have to bring this up on IRC later....] So for now, leave them alone. Vars 4180-5000 have good chance of being safe, but I'm not certain, so refrain from using them.

I hope this cleared some things up a bit, good luck!:D

Paired with Simba
Old March 3rd, 2013, 04:46 PM
Noossab Blue

Nature: Quirky
Sooo is there a way to change what level trade pokemon obey you at with each badge? I'd assume it'd be a simple hex edit somewhere, but I don't know how to go searching...

Thanks to SilverGrey for the awesome banner! Click to see!
Current as of 1/31/14: I updated again!

Old March 3rd, 2013, 05:09 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noossab Blue View Post
Sooo is there a way to change what level trade pokemon obey you at with each badge? I'd assume it'd be a simple hex edit somewhere, but I don't know how to go searching...
Most likely, it is a part of the routine that is carried out when you tell your pokemon to attack. It probobly runs though and sees your highest badge, then branches off, checks if the pokemon's and your IDs match, then, if not, compares the levels and sees if the pokemon is higher, if so, it goes on to calculate the chance of the pokemon not obeying. If any one of the checks passes, the routine return to the starting point and runs as normal. I have not a clue as to where said routine is located though:/. I just stared learning ASM and still have trouble finding things like that. I wish I could help more.

Paired with Simba
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:48 PM
ep!c
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to ep!c
Well, you obtain the bagde as soon as you set the flag.
If you got VBA-SDL-H set a breakpoint on this flag.
The VBA-SDL-H will stop as soon as you reached this position.

Now look into the log and you see the assembler code.
Type "n", press Enter and you jump to the next line of the code.

Now just interpret the code as good as you can, maybe you find a mov r0, #0x46 or such a thing..

(0x46 is 70 in decimal)
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:56 PM
awipe1

Ooooh I didn't even see kurapika's post! Thank you kurapika and Thank you Karatekid552!!!
You guys completely answered all my questions and for that I thank you. But now I have another question on a different topic.

I am working on my Pokemon ROM and in one part, I have a lot of sprites (9 Pokeballs, 6 Trainers and the player. So in total 15 person events + the player on the screen at once) while I am at that part of the game, some of the sprites will appear and reappear, any reason why this happens?

I am assuming there is a person event limit you can have on the screen (like 12 or something) but I just want to make sure that is the case

also anyone have the list of the different text colors I can use?
I know 0x0 is blue, 0x1 is red and 0x2 is black, but I need green

Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:08 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
also anyone have the list of the different text colors I can use?
I know 0x0 is blue, 0x1 is red and 0x2 is black, but I need green
I belive diegoisawesome's tutorial has colors covered.
You can try [green_fr] or [green_ruby] command if they work.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here