The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old February 9th, 2013, 10:30 PM
jwibagi
Finally Hacking Again, Slowly

I'd like to share some of my ideal trainers classes:
  • Students: Just out of school for winter break!
  • Elves: Santa's helpers that are not supposed to be seen.
  • Campers and Picnickers: Now much more daring, to camp in the snow.
  • Mountaineers/Hikers: Trying to climb the challenge.
  • Skiiers/Boarders: Having fun in the icy landscape!
  • Santa: He's going to play an important role in my hack.
  • Police/Emergency Team: People in the snow tend to get trapped, or hurt during skiing.
  • Govt-Hired Officials: Clearing the snow off public paths, of course.
  • Parent/Parents: Having a fun time out with their kids. This goes well with..
  • Lass and Lad: I thought "Youngster" was inconsistent.
  • Geologists and Meteorlogists: Studying to predict the future weather.
Of course this would take tons of work. Right now my main concern is finding someone who would do this for the hack!
If I do find someone, there's going to be lots of overlap between these classes and the ones you have.
I'll let you know if anything gets going.
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:32 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mateo
Those seem pretty doable. A few would already have versions in the newer gens that could be devamped, like the schoolkids. The parents might be doable with devamps as well, even though there aren't classes specifically called that. But yeah, that seems like a believable mix of trainers I'd think.

Old February 12th, 2013, 03:34 AM
wafflecar
Unhatched Egg

If the christmas season wasn't over i would play this on my youtube channel!
Old February 22nd, 2013, 08:58 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflecar View Post
If the christmas season wasn't over i would play this on my youtube channel!
Nice! Well, I feel pretty safe in saying that by July it would be ready, so you could always do a "Christmas in July" Let's Play or something if you wanted haha.

-----------------

Also, here is a slight update. I've been working on trainer-related things lately. Updating trainer rosters (no more Cueballs with teams that feel like Firebreathers, for example), working on the Battle Tower's machines, and the Viridian Trainer House.

And speaking of the Battle Tower, the machines are of course similar in function to the ones from the (canceled) Pokémon Sterling Silver. But this time around, you get coins like the Game Corner uses if you win a battle, and there are additional Prize Exchanges in the Battle Tower.

Also, I think I've mentioned this already, but there will now be a different trainer in the Viridian Trainer House depending on which day of the week it is. It won't give you coins like the Battle Tower does, though.

Old February 28th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Sorry to double post, but I wanted to bump this and show off a new update. RED from Skeetendo lent me a hand by adding a few routines and we converted the old "Disguised as a girl" routine into a full Boy/Girl select option. Here is a video showing it in action:

Watch on Youtube.

Old March 1st, 2013, 03:42 PM
Mattysoxfan

Nature: Naughty
Having trouble patching your file. Haven't had trouble with Prizm so not sure what it is. Help someone?
Old March 2nd, 2013, 11:30 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

What sort of trouble are you having, and how are you going about trying to patch it?

Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:57 AM
Mattysoxfan

Not sure if its the "Type" of computer i'm using. But yours seems to be the only patch i'm having problems with. I'm using a apple mac computer. But when i downloaded your patch file it didn't seem to be the right file type. If i downloaded Pokemon Prizm then the file type was correct. I have no idea why but its really frustrating cause I'd like to try this hack.
Old March 4th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

I think Prism uses a different format than the one I'm using, because he expanded the ROM and I didn't. You are using an IPS patching utility, right? Also, here is a link to several IPS patching utilities you can try. The links on the page will say whether they are for a Mac or PC so you know which one to get.

If all else fails, you can follow the link in my signature to the Skeetendo thread for this hack, and download it as an already patched .GBC file.

Old March 6th, 2013, 08:40 PM
cabusao10
Pogi

Nature: Modest
I can't wait to play the next beta. Though you have sent me the latest but I deleted it XD because I want the one that you will be releasing.
Old March 8th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Mattysoxfan

your link worked, and it works perfectly. My own name is a preset of one of the few names you can use to name your trainer.....YES!

How far does this game go if you don't mind me asking? past elite four?
Old March 9th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Mattysoxfan

God this game hates me. I play black, white, diamond, pearl, platinum, heartgold, and soulsilver......ive never ever encountered a shiny. In this game I encountered a shiny sandshrew............arghhhhhhhh I can't even transfer that to black and white......
Old March 10th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

This version goes through the end, as it was originally considered complete. So you can do the Elite Four, Kanto, and the final trainer.

The update I've been working on goes back in and changes a lot of things along the way (in Kanto and Johto both, since there were a lot of things that were too similar to original Gold). The new update also adds new features such as the ability to play as a Boy or a Girl, makes the Practice Battle Machines in the Battle Tower functional, changes the way the Viridian Trainer House works -- in addition to the event changes/additions (for example, the new update will have an Oak event in Cherrygrove city, your first rival battle has been moved, the "missing" rivals battles have been restored, new events and areas on South Isle, all sorts of things).

Speaking of the upcoming update, to prove that I am still working on it, here is a little video showing off the new Practice Battle Machines in the Battle Tower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctj0XSulMTc

Old March 11th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Mattysoxfan

does snorunt learn any moves that froslass can't learn while leveling it up? Caught one at the park and evolved it already. Wondering if i made a mistake doing that.
Old March 11th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Okay, taken from the move editor, this should be the level-up skill sets for Snorunt, Glalie, and Froslass.

I think this is accurate to the current version that is out, but I took it from the copy I'm working on. I also notice that the levels are a bit off on Glalie's moves (Identical to snorunt's levels, except the last one).

Old March 12th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Mattysoxfan

I was reading some posts and heard your doing a Halloween hack. I don't know if you take suggestions but here goes. For the Halloween hack, have the three starter Pokemon as gastly, duskull, and litwick. All three evolve twice. If not can it be possible to have dusknoir in it and chanderlure?

Great job on the christmas Hack though, up to 7th gym already.
Old March 12th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

The starters will be the normal Johto starters for continuity, but both Duskull and Litwick are planned to be included in Spirits and Legends when I finally ever get around to it, haha.

Glad you're enjoying the hack!

Old March 18th, 2013, 04:27 AM
Mattysoxfan

I think I'm finished with this hack. Completed johto and labtop. Unexpected Giovanni fight. Champion red instead of lance which made it seem easy for me. Went and caught mewtwo then battled Pokemon trainer leaf. Her Pokemon were over lvl 80 and mine were under 60. No idea how I pulled that off but my umbreon is just a beast. Went to south island. Killed the bird trio cause I didn't feel like catching them then killed lugia. Didn't want to go after ho oh. Is there anything I'm missing before I say I'm finished? Oh capture the dog trio....no way that will take forever.
Old March 18th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

That sounds like you've pretty much taken care of everything in this version.

Old March 18th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Mattysoxfan

Pretty impressive. I enjoyed your hack a lot.
Old March 18th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!

Old April 7th, 2013, 03:15 PM
ssongta2
Unhatched Egg

This looks GREATTTTTTTTTT
Especially cuz I luv the Eeveelutions and you've added them!
I am definitely trying this out...Or, in fact, I'm playing it at the very moment!
But just a question: can you not get the evolution stones until the Kanto? I really want to finish my Eevee Series XD

Err...
I don't know if this is an error or if you meant to do this, but when you evolve Eevee into Leafeon or Glaceon (I haven't checked the other eeveelutions), they change their gender...

Last edited by ssongta2; April 7th, 2013 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 7th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Ah, the gender change thing is a bug, I'll look into that. Shouldn't be hard to fix.

Also, the stones should be available in Goldenrod's Dept. Store as well. 3rd Floor (I forgot to update the sign on the ground floor to reflect the change).

Old April 7th, 2013, 04:09 PM
ssongta2
Unhatched Egg

Okay, thank you very much! I'm loving this game!!
Old April 7th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

No problem! And I'm glad you're enjoying it

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links