The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #451    
Old Posted March 1st, 2013 (10:14 PM).
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Another suggestion for a Pokemon!

I don't know what characteristics it should have really, but something that is Grass/Electric should do! It took me a while to figure this one out, but this typing is actually pretty good, competitively! Only has around..4 weakness? Two of which aren't -too- common I think(poison and bug), so I think it should be okay. :3 I can most definitely see it as being more of a special attacker, too~!
Reply With Quote
  #452    
Old Posted March 1st, 2013 (10:19 PM).
Miss Doronjo's Avatar
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Another suggestion for a Pokemon!

I don't know what characteristics it should have really, but something that is Grass/Electric should do! It took me a while to figure this one out, but this typing is actually pretty good, competitively! Only has around..4 weakness? Two of which aren't -too- common I think(poison and bug), so I think it should be okay. :3 I can most definitely see it as being more of a special attacker, too~!
The only concern I have with that is that I'd like to think that Electric represents working technology and grass represents nature of some sort, so, they'd be kind of conditioning forces, although, that'd be nice to see! Actually, you've remind me of something speculated long ago; perhaps we'll see pokemon that actually have "mutated genes", in which these pokemon have "contradicted dual types" like a Fire/Water type, a Psychic/Dark type, etc, etc.
__________________

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Reply With Quote
  #453    
Old Posted March 1st, 2013 (10:26 PM).
Jake♫'s Avatar
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
The only concern I have with that is that I'd like to think that Electric represents working technology and grass represents nature of some sort, so, they'd be kind of conditioning forces, although, that'd be nice to see! Actually, you've remind me of something speculated long ago; perhaps we'll see pokemon that actually have "mutated genes", in which these pokemon have "contradicted dual types" like a Fire/Water type, a Psychic/Dark type, etc, etc.
I think having that sort of "mutation" or whatever they want to call it would be cool, and it's probably why they haven't had some of these fabled types because they were polar opposites. With the game being based on genetics I can definitely see something like that being possible, and it could be interesting!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #454    
Old Posted March 1st, 2013 (10:30 PM). Edited March 1st, 2013 by Archeops12354.
Archeops12354's Avatar
Archeops12354
Smoochum
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
Although it could have some decent utility, with that frail of defenses it's not going to survive long, even with that astronomical HP stat. Anything super-effective is either going to KO it or knock it down at least to half HP, so it's almost a waste =/ It'd be cool for grinding purposes, but outside of that I wouldn't see something like this having value or even being implemented.
I know this pokemon is very frail, I didn't want this pokemon to be used in actual battle, I simply wanted a pokemon that would make level-grinding so much easier. My idea was to basically make a giant blob of exp so you could level up your good pokemon much faster.


On the other hand, maybe this pokemon could get a kickass evolution - a super defensive one.
Hooray! Statistics time!

Hp: 290 Ability: Magic Guard
Atk: 10
Def: 135
SpAtk: 10
SpDef: 140
Spd: 5

Base stat total: 590
Looking at it's stats, it's pretty obvious that this pokemon can wall any attack, at the cost of being pathetic offensively. My plan is to make the ultimate annoying pokemon, and if this pokemon has magic guard, then say bye-bye to toxic and will-o-wisp. Have it learn toxic, thunder wave, recover, and your choice of entry hazards (preferably stealth rock - if it can learn it). There you have it, the ultimate annoyer.
__________________
Favourite Pokemon: (From each gen) Friend code: 1164 0089 7045 Name: dawg!!
Gen 1. Gen 2. Gen 3. Gen 4. Gen 5.


Gen 6.
Reply With Quote
  #455    
Old Posted March 1st, 2013 (10:34 PM).
Jake♫'s Avatar
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archeops12354 View Post
I know this pokemon is very frail, I didn't want this pokemon to be used in actual battle, I simply wanted a pokemon that would make level-grinding so much easier. My idea was to basically make a giant blob of exp so you could level up your good pokemon much faster.
But isn't that what Audino is pretty much for right now? I mean I know it has its niche in battling, but it's mostly used solely for grinding as it is. I can see maybe giving the new generation a new version of Audino, but I'd rather just see it get carried over from Unova than make some blob-thing that's totally useless.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #456    
Old Posted March 1st, 2013 (11:51 PM).
Archeops12354's Avatar
Archeops12354
Smoochum
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
I have written this before in a different topic, but I think it was out of place so I decided to copy it down in this thread.

Zlythax. (Poison/Dark)
I thought it was a cool name, it's design sorta looks like a cross between the creature 'venom' from spiderman, and sableye. This creature has a long, furry tongue that hangs out from it's Sableye - like grin. It has blank, soulless blue eyes (like Sylveon), and has long, black scythes that replace it's hands (like Kabutops's blades - except longer and black).
Now it's stats:

Ability: Assassin (Increases the accuracy of OHKO moves, like guillotine, from 30% to 80%)

Hp: 100
Atk: 15
Def: 80
SpAtk: 15
SpDef: 80
Spd: 150

Base stat total: 440

You are probably disappointed with it's attack stats, but when it has the ability 'Assassin', who needs attack? Zlythax can learn ALL the OHKO moves, including a new one called 'Death Slice', a dark type guillotine which is it's signature move.
Since Zlythax has a stunning 150 speed stat, it should OHKO everything in it's path, at least 80% of the time!
__________________
Favourite Pokemon: (From each gen) Friend code: 1164 0089 7045 Name: dawg!!
Gen 1. Gen 2. Gen 3. Gen 4. Gen 5.


Gen 6.
Reply With Quote
  #457    
Old Posted March 1st, 2013 (11:58 PM).
Jake♫'s Avatar
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archeops12354 View Post
I have written this before in a different topic, but I think it was out of place so I decided to copy it down in this thread.

Zlythax. (Poison/Dark)
I thought it was a cool name, it's design sorta looks like a cross between the creature 'venom' from spiderman, and sableye. This creature has a long, furry tongue that hangs out from it's Sableye - like grin. It has blank, soulless blue eyes (like Sylveon), and has long, black scythes that replace it's hands (like Kabutops's blades - except longer and black).
Now it's stats:

Ability: Assassin (Increases the accuracy of OHKO moves, like guillotine, from 30% to 80%)

Hp: 100
Atk: 15
Def: 80
SpAtk: 15
SpDef: 80
Spd: 150

Base stat total: 440

You are probably disappointed with it's attack stats, but when it has the ability 'Assassin', who needs attack? Zlythax can learn ALL the OHKO moves, including a new one called 'Death Slice', a dark type guillotine which is it's signature move.
Since Zlythax has a stunning 150 speed stat, it should OHKO everything in it's path, at least 80% of the time!
That is so ridiculously overpowered that it's definitely never going to happen. If something like this learned Hone Claws, it's OHKO moves would hit 100% of the time. The design is a nice enough concept, but that kind of ability with that speed stat is not going to happen. If you threw a Choice Scarf on it it would be unbeatable outside of extremely lucky misses and if something got the chance to either hit it with a Choice Banded Earthquake or got lucky twice in a row and got an opportunity to set up and get an attack off.

Maybe if that buff was more like a 20% bump up to 50% (which I still don't see happening), with it's HP and Defense stat's it could easily set up a Hone Claws (which it would obviously have with your description) which would just be silly.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #458    
Old Posted March 2nd, 2013 (12:09 AM).
Aslan's Avatar
Aslan
the pretender
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sydney
Gender: Female
I'd like to see various Pokemon introduced in this new generation and from the ones seen so far, I'm looking forward to seeing what all sorts of wonderful creations they can conjure up :3. Right now I would like to see evolutions for some weaker Pokemon such as Farfetch'd just to give it a little boost perhaps stat wise and maybe even a different typing! Although I do understand not every Pokemon can be a strong fighter, they're all special and unique in their own way.

And I'd also really like to see any sort of Pokemon with opposite typings like Grass/Fire, a much better Electric/Ground and the one I would most want to see is a Dark/Psychic, if that sort of Pokemon ever came around I'd definitely use it no matter what <3. Other than that for the longest time I've really wanted Lapras to evolve into something that closer resembles Nessie or the Loch Ness monster.

Lastly, a dolphin-like Pokemon that isn't purely water-type is something I'd also like to see. From memory I don't remember any water/psychic types so yes. And there are so many more sorts of Pokemon I'd like to see in this generation but then I'd waffle on for ages. :B
__________________
stand up and walk.
[ currently in europe : 11/12 - 3/1/15 ]
Reply With Quote
  #459    
Old Posted March 2nd, 2013 (07:13 AM).
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
I'd like to see more alien-like Pokemon. It's interesting seeing Pokemon like Elgyem/Beheeyem in Unova, so I'd like there to at least be...perhaps some sort of alien counterpart to them, maybe, this time Dark type instead of Psychic? Would be nice~
Reply With Quote
  #460    
Old Posted March 2nd, 2013 (08:13 AM).
Archeops12354's Avatar
Archeops12354
Smoochum
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
That is so ridiculously overpowered that it's definitely never going to happen. If something like this learned Hone Claws, it's OHKO moves would hit 100% of the time. The design is a nice enough concept, but that kind of ability with that speed stat is not going to happen. If you threw a Choice Scarf on it it would be unbeatable outside of extremely lucky misses and if something got the chance to either hit it with a Choice Banded Earthquake or got lucky twice in a row and got an opportunity to set up and get an attack off.

Maybe if that buff was more like a 20% bump up to 50% (which I still don't see happening), with it's HP and Defense stat's it could easily set up a Hone Claws (which it would obviously have with your description) which would just be silly.
FYI the OHKO moves have a fixed accuracy, so the accuracy can't be boosted with hone claws, it's ability changes the fixed accuracy to 70% to make up for its stupidly low attack (I wrote 80% by accident, 80% is TOO DAMN HIGH!). Although I do agree that it's defenses are too high, perhaps change the hp to 80, def to 75, and special def to 70.
Those defenses should make it fair because any ground move would definitely cripple it (if not faint it), and besides we all know how annoyingly inaccurate those 70% moves such as blizzard and thunder are now don't we? 70%? Pfft, more like 50%.
With all honesty, I don't believe its speed stat should be changed one bit, I believe it is fine the way it is. He is a speedy killer, but is screwed if he misses. That doesn't seem too overpowered if you ask me, since his pathetic attack stats restricts him to 70% accurate offensive moves which are still unreliable accuracy.
__________________
Favourite Pokemon: (From each gen) Friend code: 1164 0089 7045 Name: dawg!!
Gen 1. Gen 2. Gen 3. Gen 4. Gen 5.


Gen 6.
Reply With Quote
  #461    
Old Posted March 2nd, 2013 (05:58 PM).
Kurapika's Avatar
Kurapika
Grudgebearer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lavendar Town - Morocco
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
50% accuracy for OHKO is already big enough so 80% ?? lol, no thanks!! And, to top it off, you give it such a very good defensive stats and a resisting typing.... No, just no.
Imo, that ability should never be added.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #462    
Old Posted March 2nd, 2013 (06:17 PM).
Scarecr0wFixatioN's Avatar
Scarecr0wFixatioN
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecr0wFixatioN
A snake pokemon that's competitively viable. Please x.x
Reply With Quote
  #463    
Old Posted March 2nd, 2013 (07:12 PM).
Archeops12354's Avatar
Archeops12354
Smoochum
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapika View Post
50% accuracy for OHKO is already big enough so 80% ?? lol, no thanks!! And, to top it off, you give it such a very good defensive stats and a resisting typing.... No, just no.
Imo, that ability should never be added.

GRRRRRRR, I meant to write down 70%!!!!!!! Anyway, I already changed its defensive stats in my most recent reply:

Hp: 70
Def: 70
SpDef: 65

A good Earthquake should take it out no prob, and besides, 70% accuracy is still unreliable. Heh, thunder and blizzard, we all know how accurate those are! So what if it seems a little overpowered, do you remember Alakazam? Or sandstorm Excadrill? Or Garchomp even? Those pokemon are/were broken, yet they managed to exist in the pokemon games.
Although I do agree that its typing is a bit too much, maybe just a mono dark type would be enough.
__________________
Favourite Pokemon: (From each gen) Friend code: 1164 0089 7045 Name: dawg!!
Gen 1. Gen 2. Gen 3. Gen 4. Gen 5.


Gen 6.
Reply With Quote
  #464    
Old Posted March 2nd, 2013 (08:30 PM).
Jake♫'s Avatar
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Alakazam is far from broken, Garchomp isn't broken, and Excadrill can be argued it is (but I still don't think it is). But that's straying away from the point of this thread =P

As for types of Pokémon I'd love to see, I feel like Gen 4 and Gen 5 were lacking on Fire types a lot, so I'd love to see some decent new fire types get introduced!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #465    
Old Posted March 2nd, 2013 (09:27 PM).
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
(I feel like I'm saying this a lot) I agree with Jake! Definitely more fire types, and it's pretty strange as to why not that many have been added in two generations. Let's hope GF can make it up to Fire-type fans with this generation.

Not only that, but Poison as well. I believe this has been discussed already, but yeah, more GOOD poison types would be cool. n_n
Reply With Quote
  #466    
Old Posted March 2nd, 2013 (09:58 PM).
Scarecr0wFixatioN's Avatar
Scarecr0wFixatioN
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecr0wFixatioN
I think a fire/poison type would be pretty neat to see. I have no idea would it would look like, but I hope they do it this gen.
Reply With Quote
  #467    
Old Posted March 2nd, 2013 (10:45 PM).
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecr0wFixatioN View Post
I think a fire/poison type would be pretty neat to see. I have no idea would it would look like, but I hope they do it this gen.
Aside from the 4x Ground weak, I think this is something that'd be interesting, too! :x
Reply With Quote
  #468    
Old Posted March 3rd, 2013 (03:48 AM).
Archeops12354's Avatar
Archeops12354
Smoochum
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
As for types of Pokémon I'd love to see, I feel like Gen 4 and Gen 5 were lacking on Fire types a lot, so I'd love to see some decent new fire types get introduced![/QUOTE]



Well aside from the horrible gen 4 - 5 fire types such as Infernape, Magmortar, Heat Rotom, Heatran, Fire Arceus, Darmanitan, Chandelure, Volcarona, Reshiram, and White Kyurem, I completely agree that GF should make at least decent fire types.
__________________
Favourite Pokemon: (From each gen) Friend code: 1164 0089 7045 Name: dawg!!
Gen 1. Gen 2. Gen 3. Gen 4. Gen 5.


Gen 6.
Reply With Quote
  #469    
Old Posted March 3rd, 2013 (06:54 AM).
Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Would a Pokemon based on fireworks help increase the diversity of Fire types?
__________________
You better need a Leaf Shield.
Reply With Quote
  #470    
Old Posted March 3rd, 2013 (07:17 AM).
Miss Doronjo's Avatar
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Would a Pokemon based on fireworks help increase the diversity of Fire types?
Yeah, sure it can! In fact, that would be an awesome concept of a pokemon, imo. I'm just not sure if it would have a secondary typing or not.
__________________

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Reply With Quote
  #471    
Old Posted March 3rd, 2013 (07:29 AM).
Forever's Avatar
Forever
let it go
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 22
Gender: Female
It'd be fire/light, buuut since light doesn't exist I think it'd only fit fire. XD; Kind of an awesome mon idea tho!
__________________
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Reply With Quote
  #472    
Old Posted March 3rd, 2013 (07:29 AM).
Mujahid's Avatar
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: India
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecr0wFixatioN View Post
I think a fire/poison type would be pretty neat to see. I have no idea would it would look like, but I hope they do it this gen.
A Bombardier beetle ! They can make it so it secretes both Acid and Fire. Now, that'll be one scary Pokemon.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #473    
Old Posted March 4th, 2013 (05:09 AM).
Archeops12354's Avatar
Archeops12354
Smoochum
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Would a Pokemon based on fireworks help increase the diversity of Fire types?
Ooooooh a fireworks pokemon! Such a cool idea! :D
Maybe a good name for it would be Blazzaka ('Blaze' and 'Fire Cracker')
You know what time it is ... Statistics time!

Ability: Fuse (After being hit by a fire move, 3 turns later the pokemon will attack the enemy team and faint all the opposing team, the user will faint as well)

Hp: 110
Atk: 70
Def: 100
SpAtk: 70
SpDef: 105
Spd: 55

Base stat total: 500
__________________
Favourite Pokemon: (From each gen) Friend code: 1164 0089 7045 Name: dawg!!
Gen 1. Gen 2. Gen 3. Gen 4. Gen 5.


Gen 6.
Reply With Quote
  #474    
Old Posted March 4th, 2013 (05:47 AM).
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archeops12354 View Post
Ooooooh a fireworks pokemon! Such a cool idea! :D
Maybe a good name for it would be Blazzaka ('Blaze' and 'Fire Cracker')
You know what time it is ... Statistics time!

Ability: Fuse (After being hit by a fire move, 3 turns later the pokemon will attack the enemy team and faint all the opposing team, the user will faint as well)

Hp: 110
Atk: 70
Def: 100
SpAtk: 70
SpDef: 105
Spd: 55

Base stat total: 500
Um...by "faint all the opposing team" do you mean faint all of the Pokemon on that team? @_@ That is just...so ridiculously overpowered that it seems unlikely in general that something like this would be used.

Though a fireworks Pokemon would be cool(though a bit awkward, but that point is made null because you have a Pokemon that can go into kitchen appliances), something that's not as strong would do. Fireworks are pretty potent, so I guess a high attack stat and a pretty low defensive stat would work. Speed is kind of a complicated issue, but considering that it only takes a few seconds for fireworks to set off, I'd say Speed would be kind of high as well(maybe 100). A frail sweeper, if anything.

For me, I'd like an Amoeba-ish Pokemon(that's not Ditto). If the heavy speculation that these games are surrounded on genetics are correct, it would seem likely that something like this would be included, though confusing as to what type it would be. I would assume "Psychic/Poison", but that's just kind of whipping stuff out of nowhere, haha. I mean, I was thinking more like a disease or a germ Pokemon of some sort(which I imagine would just be pure poison), but eh.
Reply With Quote
  #475    
Old Posted March 4th, 2013 (03:37 PM). Edited March 4th, 2013 by Zorogami.
Zorogami's Avatar
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Madrid/Spain
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I have been hoping for a Electric/Fighting Pokemon since like Gen3...
There are so many combinations they havent tried out yet, i think they should make some pokemon
with new mixed typing: like the "mutated" kind, as you guys have been calling it.
I would love to see a fire/water pokemon, but i have no clue what that could look like...
__________________

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 09:49 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.