The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Tabletop Games

Notices

Tabletop Games For non-Pokémon discussion about traditional gaming, without the console. Talk about card games, board games, war games, and role playing games here.

Old February 28th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Digital Eevee
Team Digi-Eon

With the abundance of Yu-gi-oh topics on this site I'd figure why not see how many people have heard of the competition, Cardfight!! Vanguard is a card game that is rapidly growing more popular in Japan and Asia while slowly getting release over this side of the world.
It has an Anime and Manga series as well as a Live action movie (Japan only) and later this year it will be getting it's first video game adaptation ( Cardfight!! Vanguard: Ride to Victory) on the 3DS.
So, Anyone here a fan?
Old February 28th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Dudypokefan89
Gen II fanboy

Im actually a fan of the anime. I like the idea of TCG's but since im pretty shy, i don't play with people. If they made an online game, kinda like Yugioh Network, that would be great. I downloaded episodes 1-4 but i have to wait to get more, but i really liked episode 4 the most so far.
Old February 28th, 2013, 09:17 PM
digi-kun
Hourai NEET

Currently amusing myself with the set 5 Murakumos, though my main clan is probably Bermuda Triangle. I also run Pale Moon, Dark Irregulars, and Dimension Police.

Partner in crime and fellow singbot: the devilicious iruchii
Old February 28th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
I'm currently not that into Vanguard because of Cross Rides just because my out of date deck has such a hard time dealing with cross rides and 10k guards. I might pick it up again if I have loads of money to spare so I can upgrade my deck. If the video game ever comes out in English I'll definitely play that as long as the cards are actually based on the real cards and are up to at least set 7, along with the option to have multiple decks or capable of saving a deck and loading it up later. A problem I had with most of the Yugioh video games.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old February 28th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
I have one friend who actively plays the TCG and watches the anime and another friend who just started recently but he roped me into it as well. We're still learning, but it's really interesting and there's an active community around here so it'll be nice to join it once I fully understand what I'm doing.
Old March 1st, 2013, 01:01 PM
digi-kun
Hourai NEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings Don't Cry View Post
I'm currently not that into Vanguard because of Cross Rides just because my out of date deck has such a hard time dealing with cross rides and 10k guards. I might pick it up again if I have loads of money to spare so I can upgrade my deck. If the video game ever comes out in English I'll definitely play that as long as the cards are actually based on the real cards and are up to at least set 7, along with the option to have multiple decks or capable of saving a deck and loading it up later. A problem I had with most of the Yugioh video games.
Out of curiosity, what clan are you playing?

Video game will have up to set 9. Judging on how they handled the Weiss Schwarz game, you should be able to have multiple decks, though I can't confirm from the current info. From the looks of it, packs will remain the same in the game as they are in real life.

Partner in crime and fellow singbot: the devilicious iruchii
Old March 1st, 2013, 01:24 PM
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
I'm playing a Pale Moon deck focusing on Sarah and Alice, if I can be bothered I might change it into a Luquier deck.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old March 1st, 2013, 05:27 PM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I actually play the TCG a lot with my friends. Right now I'm running an Angel Feather deck. I wasn't really into it at first, but then when I got my first deck, I got hooked up on it
Old March 2nd, 2013, 01:54 AM
Digital Eevee
Team Digi-Eon

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi-kun View Post
Video game will have up to set 9.
I have heard rumors that they may add in the newer packs as free DLC, but I'm not sure how accurate that is.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 07:28 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
I started a Vangard topic months ago but it didn't get nearly as much attention as this. Right now I only have a Royal Paladin Deck, trying to make a Megacolony deck or Angel Feather.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:06 AM
Digital Eevee
Team Digi-Eon

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
I started a Vangard topic months ago but it didn't get nearly as much attention as this.
To be honest when I posted this I didn't think it was going to get this many replies, Or the Yu-Gi-Oh fans were going to come in and start trolling.
Still, Nice to see we have at least some fans here.

I'm currently building a Narukami deck as I love there Dragons.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:17 AM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Vanguard is pretty popular at my local card store, they even host vanguard tournaments each sunday.
Old March 6th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Narukami are so OP XD

I prefer the more technical decks over the pure powered ones.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links