The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials

Notices

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Old March 2nd, 2013, 06:03 PM
Androm5da
Unhatched Egg

How can I make those?
And can someone please look at my other questions too?
Old March 2nd, 2013, 06:37 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Hidden grottos should be easy enough. Just make a map for them, and make events on trees to enter them. You can look at example events like Kurt on Route 1 to see how to make them refresh over time.

Russel grass and dirt could probably be done with events, but most likely would require some scripting. I'll look into it a bit because I think its a cool thing to include in a game. Most of your other questions...CHECK THE WIKI. seriously we've told you multiple times. If theres questions not on the wiki tell me what they are and I'll do my best to help
Old March 3rd, 2013, 06:12 AM
Androm5da
Unhatched Egg

I am not a scripter, I need help to get started. And my questions are not in the wiki.
I dont ask for day night battles, I ask for events which dont happen at day and are just seeable in night...
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:46 AM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androm5da View Post
I am not a scripter, I need help to get started. And my questions are not in the wiki.
I dont ask for day night battles, I ask for events which dont happen at day and are just seeable in night...
I think you are confusing eventing and scripting. Scripting is done in the script editor. Events are made in the map editor when in the events tab.

To make an event only show up at night is really simple. Just make an event, and in the top left area where it says conditions, check one of the Switch boxes, and select the switch that says something like DayNight is Night. It looks a bit different than what I typed, but there are about 5 switches like it, that all have different endings like isNight, isDay, isMorning, isEvening etc. this way, the event will only show up if the time is day, night, morning, etc.

However, if you haven't set up Metadata for the map, time won't change on it.

Also just an FYI all of this IS on the wiki.

http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/w...nsitive_events
http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Events

I attached a picture I took of the second page which has a list of all the global switches and what they do. I took the picture of the ones that deal with day/night times.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2013-03-03 at 11.44.24 AM.png‎  
Old March 8th, 2013, 03:04 AM
Androm5da
Unhatched Egg

I check the wiki but I dont know how I should do this, me noob in eventing...

I still dont know how to do hidden grottos with a small list of different pokemons with special abilities...
Old March 8th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Quote:
I check the wiki but I dont know how I should do this, me noob in eventing...

I still dont know how to do hidden grottos with a small list of different pokemons with special abilities...
Then look up tutorials on RPG Maker XP or eventing. I'm not going to make an event for you when it's on the wiki how.

Although, I have a good idea at how to do hidden grottos, so later today I'll make a post in the tutorials section showing how. Check there
Old March 8th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Androm5da
Unhatched Egg

Again: I dont know how to make events... So telling me to read the wiki is useless because it wont help me...
Old March 8th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Quote:
Again: I dont know how to make events... So telling me to read the wiki is useless because it wont help me...
Which is why I suggested googling tutorials on RPG Maker XP so you can learn. I am putting the tutorial up right now in Tutorials and Resources. It might take a while.

I was kind of harsh with you and I'm sorry for that. Hidden Grottos ended up being a bit more complicated than I originally thought, but I was able to figure them out after 15 minutes of trial and error. There is actually a bit of scripting needed, but it is really simple and my tutorial will be easy to understand.
Old March 8th, 2013, 12:06 PM
the__end
Pixel Artist

Quote:
http://www.rmxp.tigerseye.uk.com/index.shtml
This will teach you the basics.
Old March 8th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Androm5da
Unhatched Egg

I cant find your post, can you maybe link it?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links