The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 28th, 2013, 10:34 AM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Advertise here
Glad you guys are enjoying it!
Dragontamer- Fixed, fixed, fixed, fixed, fixed, and it isn't only at night, but it IS pretty elusive. c: Thanks~

Also, progress!

What lies beyond the gates of Reborn?
Utter
Chaos.

Old February 28th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Pink Typholsion
When I step outside... ♥

Nature: Relaxed
I actually laughed at the mention of the Mysidia Region! Is that a throwback to the old Pokemon Mysidia Server? :D lol I miss that place.

Meloetta
Master the Arts

OfficiallyClaimed:

Old March 1st, 2013, 08:34 AM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmethystRain View Post
Glad you guys are enjoying it!
Dragontamer- Fixed, fixed, fixed, fixed, fixed, and it isn't only at night, but it IS pretty elusive. c: Thanks~

Also, progress!

What lies beyond the gates of Reborn?
Utter
Chaos.

Old March 1st, 2013, 09:22 AM
Dragon-Tamer795

Great to hear the bugs have been fixed, and that you're making progress! But I'm a little fuzzy on whether that Pichu is meant to be there? =/

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:03 AM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Spoiler:

Also, the part where you use Abra, Loudred, Jigglypuff, ... etc to escape. If you put Loudred in the southern part of the room and then ut everyone to sleep using Jigglypuff. Abra will not wake up to Loudred's scream!! = You get stuck in there.

P.S.: I can't find the last one of the 5 guards who went missing n Beryl and Jasper wards. Can I get some help please?!
And what's up with all these random pokes you meet and flee when you talk to them? XD There are too many: Mime Jr., Spoink, Lillipup, ...
Old March 3rd, 2013, 04:34 PM
pippoot
Unhatched Egg

I'm not really sure if this has been covered or not, if it has, then kindly disregard, but I was wondering if when making a trade of Bibarel for Abra, when the trade is complete, I am still left with the Bibarel, yet my pokedex says I have caught Abra. Is this a glitch or just a random problem with my game?
Old March 3rd, 2013, 06:18 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Typholsion View Post
I actually laughed at the mention of the Mysidia Region! Is that a throwback to the old Pokemon Mysidia Server? :D lol I miss that place.
Definitely! Reborn and Mysidia were actually very close affiliates (whenever one server went down we'd all go to the other). Since it went down many of its members just permanently joined Reborn, but we all do miss it. D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon-Tamer795 View Post
Great to hear the bugs have been fixed, and that you're making progress! But I'm a little fuzzy on whether that Pichu is meant to be there? =/
Well, I mean, in terms of the city... probably not. Random Pichus running around on rooftops? that's not a reference to anything... That could be problematic. Someone should take care of that.
In terms of the game, for sure. xP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapika View Post
Also, the part where you use Abra, Loudred, Jigglypuff, ... etc to escape. If you put Loudred in the southern part of the room and then ut everyone to sleep using Jigglypuff. Abra will not wake up to Loudred's scream!! = You get stuck in there.

P.S.: I can't find the last one of the 5 guards who went missing n Beryl and Jasper wards. Can I get some help please?!
And what's up with all these random pokes you meet and flee when you talk to them? XD There are too many: Mime Jr., Spoink, Lillipup, ...
Thought I fixed the loudred issue, but whoops... The rest of the things I'll have to remember to fix... Thanks~
Guards... guards guards guards. 'Tis a shame you didn't find them all earlier... That results in a bit of an alternate story...
The hint I'll give you is that, well, it's hard to see doors when they're on the sides of things.

Mime Jr and Spoink are roaming pokemon. Once you find them on the over world they have a chance to appear anywhere else outdoors (including alleyways) in the city and surrounding areas (not Apophyll)
Lillipup is different entirely. That one you'll actually have to hunt around for... Where it runs to is kind of randomised though, so good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippoot View Post
I'm not really sure if this has been covered or not, if it has, then kindly disregard, but I was wondering if when making a trade of Bibarel for Abra, when the trade is complete, I am still left with the Bibarel, yet my pokedex says I have caught Abra. Is this a glitch or just a random problem with my game?
That's definitely a glitch. I didn't realise until later that there was actually an issue with the scripts of this version
Sooooooooooo
http://www.poke-place.com/tradepatch.zip
Check that out. If you throw that file in your Data folder and overwrite, it should solve the trade problem.
However, if you saved after you completed the glitch'd trade, you won't be able to re-do it...
If that's the case, and you feel strongly about getting an Abra, you can PM me and send me your save file, and I'll be happy to revert that trade event for you so you can get it. c:
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:27 PM
pippoot
Unhatched Egg

Thanks for the patch, will check it out later on. Doesn't really matter about having to restart the game, and enjoying playing it immensely, and enjoy trying out different teams to see if can do things better. Can't wait for the next chapter of the story, great game overall, easily one of the best on here.
Old March 4th, 2013, 06:34 PM
mttlnrd53
Unhatched Egg

***Spoilers***

I am in desperate need of help right now. I just fell into the cage part of the abandoned factory and have been walking around for hours just teleporting pokemon back and forth aimlessly. Every time I go to use flamethrower, rock smash, or ice beam the guard stops me. I read on the reborn website under the bugs section that there were "inconsistencies" in this part but I'm unsure of what that means.
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

You should put the guard to sleep so he can't notice what you're doing! But....... you shouldn't fell asleep in the process.
Old March 10th, 2013, 08:34 PM
jake2003
Unhatched Egg

Hi there, I've just started looking into fan made games and came across what you've made here and on your site. All I have to say is wow, this game is just awesome. I mean the plot, soundtrack, gameplay, everything about it is just really enjoyable. I especially enjoy the added challenge that the gym leaders add to the table. Really looking forward to the next release, great job!
Old March 16th, 2013, 01:22 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Glad you guys are enjoying it c:

Have one more thing

And since Ame's reached the gym in development, that probably means that there'll be a new episode release soon. Hm. Hmhmhmhm.
Old March 17th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Uhmhmm...
By the way, you should think about making a support banner. :]
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:11 PM
supercyndaquil
I like Blaziken now...

Nature: Lonely
Hi, I just downloaded this game and it's great!
But I encountered a problem.
My torchic just evolved into combusken and I noticed it lost its dream world ability when it evolved. Is this normal? My combusken is lvl. 16, nicknamed Blaze and is male. I really hope this isn't normal so that it could be fixed because I restarted several times just to get a speed boost torchic.
Forgive me if this problem has already been fixed.

I forgot to mention that I pretty sure I didn't save yet. In case if that changes anything.

Last edited by supercyndaquil; March 19th, 2013 at 04:38 PM. Reason: forgot to mention something
Old March 20th, 2013, 09:57 AM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

No, that's a new one... Tell you what, find your save file using the instructions here: http://www.poke-place.com/game/save.html and upload it to somewhere like mediafire, and PM it to me. I'll take a look and see if I can find what's going on.

As far as the support banner, I hadn't thought of that, but I could probably arrange it o-o
Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:08 AM
supercyndaquil
I like Blaziken now...

Nature: Lonely
Oh...
Thing is, I hadn't saved it.
But I'll try to replicate the thing, save it, and then send it to you so you can fix it for others.

He used to be the only fire-fighting starter final evolution, but then Emboar and Infernape had to come along and ruin that.
Old March 24th, 2013, 03:33 PM
djonthe1st!
Unhatched Egg

I feel like a weenie but still: I've talked to the police and I've beaten the Meteor Grunts. How do I get to the 3rd Gym/ the next Ward.
Old March 24th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Bradley95
Unhatched Egg

AmethystRain, are we going to be able to leave off on our last save when a new updates available? Because I really want to do a lets play on my YouTube channel.
Old March 24th, 2013, 06:28 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Quote:
Originally Posted by djonthe1st! View Post
I feel like a weenie but still: I've talked to the police and I've beaten the Meteor Grunts. How do I get to the 3rd Gym/ the next Ward.
Hm... Wellllll, let's see, you're probably in the Jasper Ward right? And I'm gonna guess you haven't found the machine in Malchous forest...? Look around! The forest is kinda hard to navigate, but you can get through it, and maybe fix a few of the place's problems while you're there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley95 View Post
AmethystRain, are we going to be able to leave off on our last save when a new updates available? Because I really want to do a lets play on my YouTube channel.
Fo shou. God, I can only imagine if people had to restart every time. Your save file is stored externally, so all you have to do is download the new episode and play~

Speaking of new episode?

Episode 7 is up!

I've already updated the download, and I'll be modifying the first post here momentarily. Have fun, everyone!
Old March 24th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

YYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! spam spam spam Yay!

P.S.: I still can't find one of the missing Guards. >.<'
Old March 25th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Bradley95
Unhatched Egg

I need some help, I'm at the part where there is a moving box, I follow the box and it goes into a hole on the side of the stairs, I go into the hole and the box is nowhere to be found, I look around and there is no other place for the box to go. So where is the box?
Old March 25th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Question: How do I evolve Porygon? How to evolve Porygon2 afterward? (I have the Link Stone.)
Minor bugs (Movemoment permission and Water reflection):
Spoiler:

Major bug:
As you can see, from the previous screenshot, I already had access to Azurine Island, I saved Cain and he told me to go to Apophyll beach.
So, that's what I did, I went there and Victoria, at the gate of the academy, told me to come in since Kiki wants to talk to us all.
I enter to Kiki's room and, apparently, an old event is enterfering with the new one. I already did this and defeated the Fire user guy ontop of the mountain in the last episode. :/

So, once Kiki finishes her talk, my character keeps going forward, hitting the chair which blocks him. And I end up stuck there, not able to move or do anything. Welp!

Last edited by Kurapika; March 25th, 2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old March 26th, 2013, 12:18 AM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Funnn. One of my testers found this too, but it ended up being a result of him having found an earlier glitch from a previous issue that had been fixed in the last episode...
Did you happen to meet Victoria in the Railnet when she oughtn't have been there...?
If that's it, then... you should send me your save and I can fix this up for you.
If not, you should send me your save anyway so I can fix it for you, anyway. >>
Old March 26th, 2013, 04:49 AM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Hehe, I don't remember for sure, but I guess I did meet here at the railnet, she told me that Cain went to get Azurile Island iirc.
Here is my save: http://www.mediafire.com/?xkcbuc5u7c82jv3
Thank you. :3
Old March 26th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Bradley95
Unhatched Egg

The game is kind of laggy in some areas, is there a way to maybe make the game lag less please. (:
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here