The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old March 1st, 2013, 07:25 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota

Advertise here
Added! Thanks for joining Delta!

I miss Dale. :c
Old March 2nd, 2013, 11:00 AM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Notable: AMC just publisized a sneak peak at tomorrow's episode, click here!

Damn. You think that dude's gonna come back to haunt the group? Not everyday you see a survivor.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 11:38 AM
Powalen

OMG Dale :( he was such a moving character and he saved Andrea! I really miss him and was sad to see him die that way

Spoiler:
There is also speculation that Morgan could return this season which would be amazing. Do you think he might return?

Last edited by Powalen; March 2nd, 2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 02:38 PM
Zissou
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellicentfan1 View Post
OMG Dale he was such a moving character and he saved Andrea! I really miss him and was sad to see him die that way

Spoiler:
There is also speculation that Morgan could return this season which would be amazing. Do you think he might return?
I feel like all I'm doing is agreeing with everyone but I DEFINITELY think your second point will become a reality. He did return in the comic (of course I have to bring that up...), but just in the context of the show its clear that he's got much more to offer as a character.

Seeing the evolution of Rick and company mirrored by the person you mentioned in spoilers is too good an opportunity for the writers to ignore.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 08:55 AM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

I sort of expected him to come back, honestly. Both in the show and the comic. Like Zissou said, he's got so much to offer.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:19 AM
Correspondence

I would definitely like to see him come back and would like to see his reaction on how Rick has changed so much.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 12:00 PM
Zissou
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitchguy View Post
I would definitely like to see him come back and would like to see his reaction on how Rick has changed so much.
Working off of what you've said, I'd like to add that the contrast between Carl and Morgan's son (don't remember his name) has got to be striking by now. Carl has become the toughest little kid on the face of the planet while Morgan's son likely hasn't. What would they talk about? I know how it was handled in the comic, but I hope the show does it differently to show a contrast between two living children, not one zombie and one murderous pre-teen.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 12:13 PM
Powalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou View Post
Working off of what you've said, I'd like to add that the contrast between Carl and Morgan's son (don't remember his name) has got to be striking by now. Carl has become the toughest little kid on the face of the planet while Morgan's son likely hasn't. What would they talk about? I know how it was handled in the comic, but I hope the show does it differently to show a contrast between two living children, not one zombie and one murderous pre-teen.

Duane is his son's name I believe. And I actually think that they would make great friends. Carl and duane that is. This would give Carl a chance to step up to a leader position of his own teaching Duane a few things about survival.

Old March 3rd, 2013, 06:30 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellicentfan1 View Post
Duane is his son's name I believe. And I actually think that they would make great friends. Carl and duane that is. This would give Carl a chance to step up to a leader position of his own teaching Duane a few things about survival.
=[

I hope you guys are watching the episode. Both really happy and really sad. Poor Morgan.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 06:52 PM
White Mage
Life
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I only managed to see the last 10 min. of the episode
Now I'm mad. I missed the re-appearance of Morgan D:

VM | PM | MAL

Last edited by White Mage; March 3rd, 2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 07:08 PM
Zissou
Unhatched Egg

Woah! You were all right about pretty much everything!

I'm very disappointed that we didn't actually get to see Duane (thanks for knowing the name, jellicentfan), but it worked better that way concerning the flow of the episode. Morgan was obviously going to be all sorts of messed up, but the actor portrayed it perfectly; much better than I imagined he would. The plot of this episode lined up perfectly with the comic except the ending, so as a serious comic book fan I'm quite pleased.

I'm actually quite glad Morgan didn't come with Rick and company to the prison, despite the book purist in me. He would have just gotten in the way and bogged down the next few episodes with drama that just isn't needed yet. I hope Rick meets up with him again later on (by choice or not), but right now there's much more going on and the events about to take place between Woodbury and the prison deserve all the screen-time they can get!
Old March 3rd, 2013, 07:10 PM
Powalen

That was a very moving episode and I felt really touched everyone. The news about Duane is terrible and Morgan's state of mind made him a completely different person.

I loved all of Michonne's screen time though and the bonding between her and Carl was awesome!

Old March 3rd, 2013, 08:20 PM
Fairy
indfang

Hnnggg Rick got a dose of his own crazy from Morgan. ;;

Spoiler:
By the way, it kind of sucks that Talking Dead covers and elaborates on most of what I considered notable about the episode. ;(

Totally hope Morgan goes to the prison. Or they at least encounter him again. He's such a good character, especially the way he's been developed in the show and how that differs from the comic. I really think Morgan could be a great asset to the team in Tyreese's absence. I mean, what could prove more helpful than an unhinged guy with serious amounts of firearms and ammunition in the battle against Woodbury? If nothing, Morgan is definitely a great foreshadowing device for Rick if the Ricktatorship continues.

Oh, and I don't know if anyone wants to know this, but The Walking Dead issue 107 was released last Wednesday if anyone wanted to pick that up.

{pair}{8rothers}{mod}{twin}{gallery}{}
{8ell tree}{pixel joint}{fairy clu8}{acnl clu8}{homestuck clu8}
{pokemon fae}{credit}{friend code}{dream address}
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:25 PM
White Mage
Life
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Alright, finally saw it.
The only thing I can say about the episode is that my respect for Carl and Michonne just skyrocketed. It's really nice that Michonne is finally opening up and showing some emotion.
I feel so bad for Morgan, he's gone through quite a bit.
Pretty interesting.

VM | PM | MAL
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:32 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
Omg Morgan was so crazy this episode. Like crazier than he was in the comic I think... hm well, kinda... I'm surprised he didn't go back with the group to be honest! They always bring in new people except that hiker guy :( especially if they've known them before. Or am I remembering incorrectly? Also, I'm glad we had a Michonne-centric episode where she actually SAID WORDS. Seriously, every time Michonne speaks, it's awesome. "The mat said Welcome" XD

Also I need to start picking up the individual issues, I'm getting so behind. :(
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:43 PM
Fairy
indfang

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolurkIsDaBomb View Post
The mat said Welcome" XD
Omg I know. There was so much crazy writing on the walls and general insanity and stuff, I was totally expecting them to pan to one of those cheesy, wooden, hand-carved signs reading, "bless this mess". xDD

And yeah, I'd say Morgan was crazier in the show than he was in the comic. I mean, in the comic he pulled a "governor maneuver" and kept walker-Duane around in his house for a while then he proceeded to think that Carl was actually his son.

..actually wait. Maybe that is crazier. ;(

Old March 4th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

New episode calls for a new Topic of the Week!

With Morgan's appearance in this week's episode a clear forshadowing of Rick's mental instability, do you believe we've seen the last of Morgan?

This week's episode was legitimately one of my all time favorites. The focus on Michonne, Carl, Rick, and Morgan was insane, especially Morgan. I'm so happy he's back, but at the same time so sad. The dude's really messed up in the head. Rick definitely got a taste of his own medicine with that.

That being said, I'm not sure if Morgan will return. =/ I loved his monologue, though. Holy hell.
Old March 4th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Lucid-Acid
//-

Nature: Impish
I love Walking Dead, I look forward to this show weekly. I don't really have a favorite character or anything. Morgan was seriously tripping in his return, he kinda snapped Rick out of his own little world but I doubt it was for long, I wonder how many more unstable characters will come unglued until it hits the fan? If Morgan does stick around, he'll probably become another liability. The Carl and Michonne interaction was sweet.
Old March 4th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Powalen

That was my favorite episode by far this season except the part where Lori died I loved the bonding between the characters and I loved how it was a focused episode rather than jumping around from the prison to woodbury.

As for Morgan I really can't decide if I think he will return or not.

Old March 4th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Oh yeah, totally. Having the episode focus only on that foursome was a brilliant thing to do. Gave more time to actually develop the characters. That Carl/Michonne interaction was pretty nice. I still don't get how Michonne moved so damn fast to get the picture. Also, for the record, the woman has a terrible sense of house decorations. :c

But I realllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, loved Morgan's whole "clear" speech. Lennie James is such a great actor.

Also, after thinking about it, I feel like we won't be seeing Morgan for a long time. For someone so far gone like he is, it'd take a true miracle to bring him back to the level of sanity that Rick has. Which is saying something. Might we see him in Season 4? Maybe? But I think we're done with Morgan for the season.
Old March 4th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Powalen

I really do hope that Morgan returns because as you said Lennie James has done such a good job playing his character. I just hope the next time we see him he is in a better state of mind and still alive. I would hate to see him return as a walker.

Old March 7th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Okayyyyyy guys! After a recommendation by Alexia and some pondering, I've decided that starting soon (hopefully this weekend), the first post will be updated so that it includes a news section based on the entire Walking Dead trademark. That means comics, shows, video games, interviews, anything you can think of. That being said, of course we shall widen the possible discussion topics from just the show to the whole thing in general. I was too specific anyway.

Thoughts, comments?
Old March 7th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Fairy
indfang

10/10!!!

Love it! Because, lets face it, what are we all going to do when this latest season is over? D: Lets cover everything Walking Dead related wooo!

Old March 8th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Powalen

OMG this is a great idea!!

Old March 8th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Correspondence

Indeed, We'll have more topic to discuss that way.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here