Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Notices

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 2nd, 2013, 06:56 AM
Rewy
untitled follower

There's and extra empty space and missing : around the start of that link.

Wonder Wedlocke X - Mudkip + Slowpoke | Flaffy + Flabébé | Zorua + Gible
Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:08 AM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
So... The Username Letter Challenge as been locked. Can I remake the thread with the same CSS as the previous owner or he gotta do it?
♥Plusle bro of Autumn Reverie♥ | ♥Pink Mommy, Autumn Reverie, Kanzler, Macarous & Apollo♥
|3DS FC|
Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:15 AM
Necrum
Hail the Almighty Robot Policeman!

Nature: Adamant
You gotta remake the thread completely, you can't just steal other people's work. Rewrite it in your own words and such. I don't know if this applies to css as well, but I'm assuming it does.
Wilhelm
Enforcer of Challenges
Paired with Orianna

Challenges
Carnival of Horrors
Monotype Challenge
Ones That Got Away

Trade Info
1435-4289-9306
Team Magma vs Team Aqua
Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:19 AM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Alright, so the challenge I can redo it, but not the CSS, right?
♥Plusle bro of Autumn Reverie♥ | ♥Pink Mommy, Autumn Reverie, Kanzler, Macarous & Apollo♥
|3DS FC|
Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:20 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
Yeah, you can remake it, just don't copy the original thread word for word. And don't steal the CSS either. There are ways to make a challenge pretty and eye appealing without CSS. ;)

paired to crono
Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:24 AM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Okay then

Reviving the Username Letter Challenge it is

Edit: Is it okay if I change the rules a bit, also?
|3DS FC|

Last edited by LilJz; March 2nd, 2013 at 08:33 AM.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:49 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Depends on how changy you make them. Don't make it so that people that are already doing/have completed the challenge can't get credit when they finish/now that they're finished. If its a small rule like "you have to have at least 4 pokemon on your team" then that's perfectly fine though. What change you got in mind?
Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:53 AM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Like the old one was, if you got numbers in your username base that number on the national pokedex and whichever number it is, you'll use that Pokemon. I wanna take that rule out and just implement the letters.
|3DS FC|
Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:26 AM
Honeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyman View Post
I just posted the March challenge onto the subreddit. You can find it here.
Here is the fixed link. Sorry about it.

Supporter of crappy banners
Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:39 AM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
Like the old one was, if you got numbers in your username base that number on the national pokedex and whichever number it is, you'll use that Pokemon. I wanna take that rule out and just implement the letters.
Maybe make it optional? That way users with really short username that have numbers can still participate.
Active Challenges:

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges (through Gen V):
Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old March 2nd, 2013, 02:06 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
What if say you had a 1 in your username, you could always make it so you just use a Pokémon that starts with O, or 2 with a T, etc.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 01:30 AM
11wildy
Me!

Nature: Lonely
Or if you have an 11 in your name, use the 11th letter of the alphabet :3
Old March 3rd, 2013, 08:36 PM
Rewy
untitled follower

I'm curious to start the Time Warp challenge, but I just noticed my only free game is Emerald and Masquerain is unavailable in that one (yes, I got interested especially on that era which requires it).

I'm sort of undecided if I want to post a sign-up yet. I just thought it'd be easier to keep the new thread uncluttered from surprise questions for now.

Old March 3rd, 2013, 08:52 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Talk to Kagami and see if she can list another option perhaps?

paired to crono
Old March 4th, 2013, 12:21 PM
11wildy
Me!

I can now play Pokemon Red and Crystal on my phone, so I'll be able to do more monotypes on those games now! Only 2 more on Crystal to finish gen 2!
Old March 4th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Orianna
So strange, they scream.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewy View Post
I'm curious to start the Time Warp challenge, but I just noticed my only free game is Emerald and Masquerain is unavailable in that one (yes, I got interested especially on that era which requires it).

I'm sort of undecided if I want to post a sign-up yet. I just thought it'd be easier to keep the new thread uncluttered from surprise questions for now.
Well, I'll add up an alternative for it that can be obtained in Emerald and represents the Era (the way I see it anyways xD)

"We will kill your enemies. That will be fun."
Old March 4th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Rewy
untitled follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagamiChan View Post
Well, I'll add up an alternative for it that can be obtained in Emerald and represents the Era (the way I see it anyways xD)
Oh sweet, I was going to write up a message about that in a moment.
(Was making a team rocket themed pokemon team all day. It's... hard.)

Everyone has different interpretations of pokemon so I don't mind. Rules are rules.
For one I don't see Clefairy ever being cute...

Old March 5th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Guys, I'm going to be making a new Gym Leader challenge thread soon (probably tonight, that's how soon lol) and I was just wondering if anyone is actually interested. I'm worried no one will want to participate and that I'll have made it for nothing, cause I'm making this one for all games and all gym leaders, so the other gym leader challenges that are game specific will be locked. And I know they all follow different rules pretty much, so eh. :(

paired to crono
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:52 AM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

How's this challenge going to be?
|3DS FC|
Old March 5th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

You can play any game as any gym leader. There's about 15-20 Pokemon for each leader to choose from. Must have at least a team of four. You may trade or hack in up to 3 Pokemon. Must use the signature Pokemon if at all possible, or it's pre-evolution (ex. Use Onix in Red if you're playing as Jasmine). The lists of Pokemon were taken from all that person's gym leader appearances, and some had to have some added (gen I and II probably have more than anyone since they were in Stadium games).

The rules are different than the other gym leader challenges, so idk what I'll do about people that are in the middle of one of the old ones that want to re-sign up. Probably just let them finish with their old rules. But all the gym leader challenges have different rules anyway, so eh. This one will be much better organized and more official, and less restrictive since you can go as Clay in Blue if you wanted to lol.

paired to crono
Old March 5th, 2013, 09:31 AM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Sounds fun. I say go for it
I'll definitely join in
|3DS FC|
Old March 5th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Yay, thanks. n__n It should be up tonight. I'm also trying to finish Gender Discrimination rn so yeah haha. I feel bad that I have to lock all the other gym challenges, but I think one is dead, no one cares about the GSC one, and...no one has even signed up for the DPPt one so eh. Saying that makes me feel better. :P And with my thread, ultimate is possible. n__n Not that I'm gonna do one, but for those that like to.

paired to crono
Old March 5th, 2013, 09:41 AM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

I prefer challenges that aren't Gen restricted. It makes the challenge more fun and it invites more people to join
|3DS FC|
Old March 5th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
I also prefer challenges that aren't gen-restricted. I just got my Pokemon Black (German version) in the mail, so I'm going to RNG abuse my IDs then do another monotype. Looking at Normal, Fighting, or Flying. Opinions?
Old March 5th, 2013, 10:25 AM
11wildy
Me!

OHMYGOD I WAS PLAYING CRYSTAL TODAY AND FOUND A FREAKING SHINY EKANS!!! So shiny, sparkle, and Arbok is awesome!!

As for the gym challenge:
I also prefer all gen challenges. I might join the gym leader challenge sometime!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links