The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 2nd, 2013, 01:37 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikes View Post
Perhaps. However, if it wants to be 100% accurate to the anime then it should not allow us to screw with any part of the flow, aside from capturing wild pokemon. If you are going to add some freedom to stray a bit from the anime then it should go one step further and not roadblock us into a loss when we defeat certain opponents that Ash lost to. It breaks the pacing of the story to read Brockk ranting about his victory when you just finished one shotting his Onix with Butterfree.
And how would you like to do that?
Give Takeshi level 100 Onix so you simply couldn't beat it?
That's kinda over the top, don't you think?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old March 2nd, 2013, 03:01 AM
Fonzy95

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMirror View Post
i accidentally got rid of my thunderstone before i talked to L.T surge and now i cant do anything because he is one shotting all my Pokemon
Here is the strategy I followed:
1) Get a Butterfree and level up it untill the 25 (the Hidden Village is a good place to do it since when your Butterfree learns "Gust" )

2) Get a Pidgeotto and level it up untill the 25 (Hidden Village is once again a good choice for the training of a Flying type)

3) Level up Bulbasaur untill the 25 (via vs Seeker on the Cerulean's bridge)

4) set Butterfree as your first Pokemon and suddenly use "PoisonPowder" on Raichu (your Butterfree should be faster at this moment than him) and wait that the Bug faints

5) Send out Bulbasaur and suddenly use "Leech seed" because this attack will continue to work even after that Bulbasaur will faint

6) Send out Pidgeotto and use QuickAttack as a loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikes View Post
Perhaps. However, if it wants to be 100% accurate to the anime then it should not allow us to screw with any part of the flow, aside from capturing wild pokemon. If you are going to add some freedom to stray a bit from the anime then it should go one step further and not roadblock us into a loss when we defeat certain opponents that Ash lost to. It breaks the pacing of the story to read Brockk ranting about his victory when you just finished one shotting his Onix with Butterfree.
Think about it; if the game didn't make you lost the first time against Brock you wouldn't have done the event of the Electric Ball and so Brock's father wouldn't re-join his family in order to allows to his son to start his journey; therefore you wouldn't respect the anime story-line. Same thing against Sabrina, if you didn't lost the first time, you wouldn't go to Lavender and do the Poke Tower's event

Old March 2nd, 2013, 07:01 AM
Strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzy95 View Post
Think about it; if the game didn't make you lost the first time against Brock you wouldn't have done the event of the Electric Ball and so Brock's father wouldn't re-join his family in order to allows to his son to start his journey; therefore you wouldn't respect the anime story-line. Same thing against Sabrina, if you didn't lost the first time, you wouldn't go to Lavender and do the Poke Tower's event
There are other ways to do it. Such as making Onix a really high level for example.

Quote:
And how would you like to do that?
Give Takeshi level 100 Onix so you simply couldn't beat it?
That's kinda over the top, don't you think?
I think my reply to Fronzy answers your question .
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:15 PM
Richiegigas

Hey. Found a bug. Really annoying one actually. I was doing the Mewtwo event and the sound started going haywire on me out of nowhere, can't fix it either. I've tried reloading the save and restarting the emulator. Don't know what the root of the problem is, and I can't play with sound anymore because of it.
Old March 4th, 2013, 03:37 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Given the amount of posts lately that are disregarding my warning against talking about Metapod and complaining that the hack isn't finished, it's in the interest of the thread that I just close it now.

For those of you who won't read the first post, HERE is a link to the latest release of the hack:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zknhhu

If you don't know what to do with that file, then read this thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=73966

If you're having problems in the hack, read the first post of this thread that you're in right now. It has plenty of information about potentially difficult areas in the hack. What's more, plenty of people have asked and answered questions in the last few pages of this thread, so if you encounter a problem, then your answer should be somewhere here.

And with that, I'm closing this thread. Metapod, if you return and would like it to be reopened, simply contact DrFuji or myself and we'll happily oblige. Until then, it will remain closed.

Closed~

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old July 10th, 2013, 03:53 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Thread reopened at the request of metapod23!

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old July 10th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Starlit Horizon
Ⓟ ⓛ ⓐ ⓨ ⓣ ⓗ ⓔ ⓕ ⓘ ⓔ ⓛ ⓓ

Nature: Modest
This seems like a nice hack. I've little experience on this 'hacking' business, so please excuse me, I followed someone's link to over here.
But it's nice to see a GBA ROM of Ash's adventures! I would think that doing things like this would be really hard, especially the gameplay scripts and others. I will look into this!
Night in the shine
Fighting for a dime

Is always trying
For a not-crying
Into deep red sky
With all her style
And in it the deep green
violet yellow and not seen
Nature.
Old July 10th, 2013, 05:50 AM
AmazingCharizard
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator

Nature: Brave
Does this mean that metapod is working on Ash Gray again? Holy sh1t, welcome back :D

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
2.Use Google to find the rom you need.
3.PATCH THAT THING AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Last edited by AmazingCharizard; July 10th, 2013 at 07:06 AM.
Old July 10th, 2013, 08:19 AM
L0RD G3NGAR
Community Supporter

Yes, I believe metapod is. And thats awesome. I really hope he adds orange islands in this game. But it seems awesome like some of the scripts like swimming are really cool.

My Pokemon Y friend code:1521-4183-4396
In game name:Kylee
Timezone:Eastern
Currently looking for: Hp flying or icy wind Timid Keldeo(Tho I don't have much to offer) 5iv timid defog Latios.
Currently offeringhiny 6iv Sceptile, Shiny Deoxys, Shiny Darkrai
Old July 10th, 2013, 09:18 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

I want to thank everyone for their patience and continued support.

Without further ado, beta 4.0:

Pokémon AshGray Beta 4.0

The beta ends after episode 98 - A Way Off Day Off. The next beta will cover through the second movie.

As always, please report any bugs or glitches and I will try to fix them as quickly as possible. I fixed a few bugs from the previous beta and changed a few things, but nothing major, but it would help to have people playing the game from the beginning to check everything (though I did beta test through the entire game before releasing).

Thanks!
Old July 10th, 2013, 09:34 AM
L0RD G3NGAR
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by metapod23 View Post
I want to thank everyone for their patience and continued support.

Without further ado, beta 4.0:

Pokémon AshGray Beta 4.0

The beta ends after episode 98 - A Way Off Day Off. The next beta will cover through the second movie.

As always, please report any bugs or glitches and I will try to fix them as quickly as possible. I fixed a few bugs from the previous beta and changed a few things, but nothing major, but it would help to have people playing the game from the beginning to check everything (though I did beta test through the entire game before releasing).

Thanks!
The download isn't working for me

My Pokemon Y friend code:1521-4183-4396
In game name:Kylee
Timezone:Eastern
Currently looking for: Hp flying or icy wind Timid Keldeo(Tho I don't have much to offer) 5iv timid defog Latios.
Currently offeringhiny 6iv Sceptile, Shiny Deoxys, Shiny Darkrai
Old July 10th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Jésrøñ bans
Dreams come true.....

Nature: Relaxed
Thank god this thread is reopened.
I was waiting for the thread to reopen.
The question is that us there any orange islands in ash gray version like its shown on youtube.
If yes then please let me know.

Life iz very short, live each moment of it...
No one knows whats gonna happen tomorow, so enjoy today...
Old July 10th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Dark Sonic
Chaos Control!

Nature: Bold
yup yup congrats metapod hard work pays off

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 10th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Damned

If I could make a suggestion, from what I read in this thread (haven't played the hack yet, I only play completed hacks), it is more than possible in a few situations for the player to defeat a trainer when they should, according to the story, lose, causing the game to act as if the player lost the battle when they really won it.

To me, that is bad game design and really awkward in general. I would suggest putting Pokemon on the teams of trainers you are supposed to lose to at level 100, with their stats all at 999, so that way, it is obvious to the player that they are to lose that particular battle, and it makes more sense storyline wise, rather than creating this awkward situation of having a trainer get beaten into the ground, but then having said trainer gloat about their "victory".

Also, please consider making sequel hacks for the Johto and Hoenn regions as well (although if you could fit Johto in this hack, that would be great!). Of course, if you wanted to go even further and do the regions after Hoenn, that would be perfectly fine with me .
Old July 10th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damned View Post
If I could make a suggestion, from what I read in this thread (haven't played the hack yet, I only play completed hacks), it is more than possible in a few situations for the player to defeat a trainer when they should, according to the story, lose, causing the game to act as if the player lost the battle when they really won it.

To me, that is bad game design and really awkward in general. I would suggest putting Pokemon on the teams of trainers you are supposed to lose to at level 100, with their stats all at 999, so that way, it is obvious to the player that they are to lose that particular battle, and it makes more sense storyline wise, rather than creating this awkward situation of having a trainer get beaten into the ground, but then having said trainer gloat about their "victory".

Also, please consider making sequel hacks for the Johto and Hoenn regions as well (although if you could fit Johto in this hack, that would be great!). Of course, if you wanted to go even further and do the regions after Hoenn, that would be perfectly fine with me .
Or even better, create alternate story routes so that if we do win certain battles it will acknowledge it.
Old July 10th, 2013, 11:03 PM
alienhunterx

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
At last Ash Grey opened again. Got to try it out tomorrow...
Old July 10th, 2013, 11:08 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jésrøñ bans View Post
Thank god this thread is reopened.
I was waiting for the thread to reopen.
The question is that us there any orange islands in ash gray version like its shown on youtube.
If yes then please let me know.
Then don't you know the Latest Beta has Orange Island episodes???. The previous beta covers the whole story about Indigo adventures
Thanks Goodness Meta is back.. Congrats by me !!!

Old July 11th, 2013, 01:20 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Finally those n00bs who were saying that Meta banished this project will shut up =)
I'll be trying this ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damned View Post
To me, that is bad game design and really awkward in general. I would suggest putting Pokemon on the teams of trainers you are supposed to lose to at level 100, with their stats all at 999, so that way
Obviously, that cannot be done.
Only thing that can be set is 100lv. You cannot set stats of Pokemon...

Old July 11th, 2013, 04:39 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

I'm sorry for double posting but it's bug report so it shouldn't be bad, huh...?

It's pretty bug-less if I may say o.O
The only visible bugs I saw are those 2:

1) First cargo on Kabuto island has probably 000000 script offset as talking to it freezes the game

2) After Scyther's capture, Tracey speak "inside" of you.

By the way... where's the last episode? I reached the waterfall location and I don't think I can go further... :D

Old July 11th, 2013, 10:57 AM
lowkey1202
Unofficial Game Tester

this is my favorite pokemon hack can't wait to play it again and see what else is added and a big welcome back to metapod23 good luck with the hack
Old July 11th, 2013, 11:10 AM
AoTora

Well I started playing this game a while ago and than stopped for a while =) I am going to continue playing it today or tomorrow - or as soon as I find out where do I have to go next since I've forgotten lol

Anyways so far I really love this hack! It's the first hack I encountered that actually follows anime and I love it :3 And I love the different story line and the fact that you can get all three starters <3 I just love this game <3 When I finish playing it I ll give you some more feedback

Do what you believe in and believe in what you do. All else is a waste of energy and time ~ Nisargadatta.

Love is the only power that can change an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King.

I am a fan of Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan and some other series. I am also Harry Potter fan and Disney fan (I love Frozen!) - I also like other animes beside Pokemon.
Old July 11th, 2013, 11:59 AM
pokemonmaster42
Pokemon Master

Nature: Adamant
Awesome... Ash Gray is finally updated with the orange islands......... sweet

Pokemon Master for Life

Gotta Catch 'em All
Old July 11th, 2013, 12:53 PM
QQQQQQQ7777777

This is always a trend. I find a fan game or video series that I like, next week its put on hiatus, by the time I move on the very next day they release a update.
Old July 11th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Mrbobby

I didnt catch Pidgeotto what happens now? I cant find another one
Old July 11th, 2013, 10:41 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbobby View Post
I didnt catch Pidgeotto what happens now? I cant find another one
Nothing 'strange' will happen. Instead you will miss out two-three events that's just it
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here